If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

.:~I Couldn't Hate You if You Tried~:.

Postby Kyrit » 12/06/2008 4:56 PM

Nhil'kinai'seio

Why did it have to be so cold out? Seemed like every time he went out of the house it was either bone chilling windy, raining, snowing, or some other type of weather that kept him from actually wanting to be out there. Hands stuffed in his pockets, Seio made his way for the doors of the temple with his wings spread out in an attempt to somewhat shield his boy from the harsh wind slamming against him. "At this rate there may even be a snow storm..." he muttered softly to himself as he made it inside and shut the doors behind him.

Moments later he had managed to find himself rushed over to sit down next to a fire by one of the rather delightful monks that lived here. "Ah. Thankyou, good sir." his words slid out with a small smile as a cup of hot chocolate or something that seemed rather similar was placed in his hands. His crystal blue eyes glanced about the place, beginning to warm up as he let his wings fold up behind him so they weren't in the way.

Quite a nice place really. He had been told it was a good place to come to for relaxation as well as other such reasons as religion. Sure, the gods here weren't the ones that he worshiped, but he was more than happy to give them praise as well.
{7}
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/06/2008 5:18 PM

"Tonight,
I'l do what I want,
'Cus I can~!"
Her tri-colour hair blew around in the harsh winds, a grin imprinted on her face, her emeral eyes shut.
"I'm your worst nightmare,
Bring it,
We can take it there."

The joyous song was whipped away by the wind before it could reach any others ears, one hand reaching up and gripping her hat to stop it bieng thrown away by the wind, she arrived at stone steps, leading up to the wooden dors, her song slowed to a halt as she began up the steps. her green, red and white striped sweater didn't suit her at all. Especially not with the fact that there was a large christmas tree on the front. She hated this tme of year, she hated this sweater, not even her song could cheer her up, and that was something new. But she was warm, at least.

She continued to grip her hat and slowly pushed open the door, slipping in and pushing it shut. She finally let go of her hat and sighed lightly. Paranoia moved silently to the blazing log fire, where a monk and a traveller were sat. Were those-Yeah! They were wings on the travellers back. Meh, not her concern. She sat infront of the fire, took off her hat and pushed her hands out infront of her, feeling the warmth of the fire travel up her fingers. With any luck, the sweater would burn. Then she could bury it somewhere far, far away where it will never be seen again.

She really hated this sweater.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/06/2008 6:19 PM

Oh? Looked like he wasn't the only one coming in from the possible storm that was brewing. He shifted slightly, just to make sure he wasn't taking up too much room near the fire, and watched as the same monk walked over with another cup of hot... whatever the chocolate tasting drink was. Although he knew it was really none of his business, part of him wondered her reason for being here.

"Good afternoon, M'lady." Well, it wasn't like he knew how to address her any other way currently. He didn't know her name, so might as well keep to something that was respectful. "Bit chilly out, no?" The cup was brought up to his lips, allowing the steaming liquid to pour down his throat a bit more. Warmth. Winter was something that didn't go well with... well... Shinzos? They were kinda reptilian, so it was easy to guess that they'd prefer being somewhere that they could be nice and warm.

While his main attention was on the lady he had been speaking to, Seio's eyes began to wander around the room that they were in. A few statues here and there, a small little koi pond in the corner. Rather cozy place. It'd be nice to get to see more of it once he wasn't freezing.
{8}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/06/2008 6:25 PM

Paranoia nodded once to the winged fellow, and once to the monk, placing the warm drink on the floor, she began to lean in slightly further to the fire, and...Yes! the blasted sweater caught!

Her victory was short-lived as the flames on the sleeve began to hurt, she yelped lightly and patted out the flame, sighing, moaning with anguish and letting her head loll back. No questioning if this one just happened to go up into spontaneous combustion, Shy would get her another....And another....And another....There was no question....She would have...To kill...The sweater makers.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/06/2008 6:53 PM

At first, considering the fact that he was not looking at her currently, the human form Shinzo didn't notice that the sweater had caught on fire. The smoke soon caught his nostrils and the sound of her slight yelp made its way to his ears. Eyes falling back upon her once again, Seio only caught sight of her patting the flames out and thus didn't know that she had caused them to catch flames on purpose.

"A-Are you alright, ma'am?" His voice was quick, but soft and a tiny bit shaken. His cup had found its place on the floor as well as he moved over a bit closer to her. Had he known her a bit better, he probably would've grabbed her arm to make sure that mo real damage had been done. "Sir, could you bring a first aid kit over here?" His words were directed to a monk for just a few moments.
{9}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/07/2008 12:32 PM

"I'm wearing a manefestation of pure evil, yeah, I'm just dandy!" Paranoia growled. "It didn't even singe." She stared at the slightly blackened sleeve and brushed off the black to reveal a sleeve that was exactly the same as the other. Green, white and red striped. She then took off the sweater and threw it into the fire, a nasty red mark on her lower arm, but it didn't faze her, she watched as the sweater was reduced to ashes and grinned, not noticing the chill on her back through her burgandy, collared shirt.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/07/2008 3:07 PM

"Well if it was keeping you warm, then at least it was doing its job." Seio spoke as he gave a small nod to the monk that had placed the first aid kit within his hands. His eyes fell upon the red mark left behind by the flames after her sweater was discarded to the flames to get rid of it once and for all. Bit of a waste of materials, but so long as she was happy with seeing it gone he wouldn't speak out against it. Better throwing it in the fire then catching herself on fire again.

"Here. Let me see your arm." His words were soft, almost like a whisper, as he held out his hand. First thing would be to take care of the damage done.
{10}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/07/2008 3:11 PM

Paranoia watched him carefully, blot slowly placed her lower arm in his hand. The emeral orbs set within her tanned face was a large contrast against the dark blue hair, streaked with red and black. The spark within them was even more of a contrast with her....not exactly innocent look, but it wasn't evil ither. But the spark in her eyes, the flame of, well, Paranoia. The very essence of her being.

"I'm Paranoia, by the way. Often known as Parri." Her eyes risen from the red mark on her arm to the boy who was tending it, watching him silently with a tilted head.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/07/2008 5:10 PM

His hands were very gentle as they brushed an alcohol wipe across the burn, knowing that it would sting a bit at first. After that a cream was applied to it that would help it heal quicker and bandages were very loosely wrapped around it so as to let air easily get to the wound and heal quicker.

Finishing the bandages off with a tiny bow, Seio looked up and his shimmering blue eyes caught hers. "Oh. Right... Sorry, I haven't told you my name yet. I'm Nhil'kinai'seio, but uh... seeing as how that is a rather long name, please feel free to call me Seio. It's very nice to meet you, Miss Paranoia." Once again he had that same smile spread across his pale face.
{11}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/07/2008 6:09 PM

Paranoia began to smirk. "Nice to meet you." She nodded slightly, but didn't drop her gaze. She didn't drop her gaze for anyone, she wouldn't back down even if someone was swinging a sword at her neck, she would simply smirk, close her eyes and await the blow.

She wasn't heroic.
Merely stubborn.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/07/2008 8:06 PM

Smirk? Why was she smirking? Seeing as how she seemed like she wasn't going to break the eye contact, Seio finally did. He scooted back over to his old spot so he could scoop his cup back up and finish off his drink. "I'm far from a doctor, but the burn didn't seem too bad... so I think it should heal pretty quickly." Part of him wanted to ask why the heck she had tried to catch the sweater on fire while she was still wearing it, but since that would've been rather rude, he decided not to let those words spill from his mouth.

"So have you come here before?" Now it was just casual chatter to pass the time.
{12}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/08/2008 1:32 PM

Paranoia drew her arm back, content with the fact she could still win staring contests. she leaned back in her chair, watching the flames crackle and chew upon the wood.
'So have you come here before?'
Her eyes flicked to Seio and she smirked again, her eyes then flicking back to the flames. "Not really, I'm not too sure why I'm here, anyway, my daugh-......" She cut herself off, closed her eyes, breathed through her nose, then opened her eyes again. "My owner, gives me a free reign." She shrugged slightly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/14/2008 2:44 PM

Owner? Oh! Yeah... some of the people of this world, since they often had animal forms, had owners as well. Most more like caretakers who just let them live with them. "I suppose you could say Eriot gives me free reign as well." Eriot... He was by far no 'owner'. He was a creator. He had given Seio life and allowed him to roam these lands. Sure, he had a mission to fulfill.... but he wasn't exactly sure what that was yet.

"Looks like even the monks have begun to get ready for the holidays." Casual chatter. Didn't know what else to do really. Well, he knew what he had come here to do... but it seemed kinda rude to just walk off and leave her here alone while he went to go pray. "I've heard that the monks take in those on Christmas eve with no place to go, and don't let them leave without a present. Mostly the little children without a home. Everyone here seems so nice..." His eyes were set on the fire, the flames dancing about in the reflection of them within his crystal orbs.
{13}
(Sorry for the wait. ^^; )
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/15/2008 1:47 PM

Paranoia said nothing more, her arms crossed across her chest, leaning against the back of the scair, glaring at the tounges of the flame, tasting the air, as if daring it to lurch foreward and bite her. As if daring it to try.

"I hate christmas. Its always overhyped, people give other people stuff, big woop." Her brow furrowed as the light glinted in her eyes, they slowly shifted to the boy. "So, what do you think of all of this?" Her eyes then moved back to the flames, smirking slightly as she watched the flames engulf the last of the sweater.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:~I Couldn't Hate You if You Tried~:.

Postby Kyrit » 12/18/2008 12:53 PM

Hmm... So this one wasn't fond of Christmas at all. Did she not get many gifts as a child? Did her family exclude her from games they played? So many questions ran through his head as to the possible reasons why this lady didn't have the spirit of Christmas within her. Maybe.... she just didn't like it.

"I like Christmas..." His words were almost a whisper, kinda sullen. "It's not just about giving stuff. It's about being close to others. Sitting by the fire and telling stories, watching kids play with their toys and be thankful... Even just holding the one you love in your arms, keeping them warm from the harsh winds outside." Well, he couldn't really say much in that area since there wasn't someone he loved in his life, but he had seen so many couples wrapped up with eachother, cuddling. "Gifts aren't needed... I don't believe so at least."
{14}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next