Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2008 4:21 PM

"Ah." Iounia said quietly, translating the meaning instantly.  She had cared for a mute Kuhna before--before she had learned telepathy, that is--so she knew by now that Regalo was indeed mute and not just antisocial.  Looking over at Kanika, she gave her cousin a curious glance, as if to say, What the heck are you giggling at?  Indeed, the Berry was giggling--it was just a quiet giggle that only Iounia, with her sensitive ears, heard.

{16}{14}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/06/2008 6:38 PM

Regalo smiled, glad that she seemed to get the hint. Then he noticed her giving the Berry Kuhna a quizzical look, or so it seemed. He was wondering why when he looked back to see that the Berry kuhna looked to be giggling. If Regalo's hearing was any better, he probably would have heard it too, but he'd become so accustomed to silence that his ears were like anyone else's. He turned back to her, glad to have her company. Before he left the house, his only company was his other mute brother, Ze'res, and his father, Ryvr. Ryvr's siblings kept away, saddened to think that their nephews would never be able to hold a spoken conversation with them. Besides, they understood none of their hand signals anyways, and since neither had a human form or even really liked humans that much, they didn't know english either. So it was hard. But really, he wished they could get around it. The only others were Egads and Snowy, who understood their tongue because of her kuhna form. So, in turn, Iounia was like a new experience for him, and it was especially exciting because she understood him.

Egads kept walking, paying attention to no one. She was bored already, but nearing the waterfall gave her reason not to talk. The roar was becoming overwhelming as she stopped at the edge of the pool and looked down into the churning pond. "Beautiful..." she whispered, the mist spraying onto her face and cooling her. It also made her pelt feel heavy, and sticky. She tried not to let the feeling bother her though, she was too captivated.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/15/2008 6:58 PM

Iounia shook her head before saying, "My cousin... she likes to assume things." She didn't speak for a tiny while after that, but she then said, "I'm... curious to know.  How is it you communicate?  I-I mean, if that's... overstepping a line for a new acquaintance, feel free not to answer my question, but I have a friend who is mute, but she learned telepathy to speak.  It's harder for her daughter, though, because her daughter's deaf and blind." She said.

"Iou, you're rambling.  Shut it." Nika chastized playfully, poking her cousin in the side.

{17}{15}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/17/2008 5:52 PM

Reg looked at her curiously. Then he shook his paws in front of him, then twirled his tails. He was trying to show that he tought himself to use his body to communicate his words. Then he smiled. He didn't even notice how rediculous he'd looked doing said actions.

Egads finally ripped her attention away from the waterfall and crashed through the forest, towards the others. Running fast, she ran right into Regalo, bowling him over in a flurry of fur and tails. Finally coming to a stop a few feet from Iounia and Nika, Egads got up, not even paying attention to the other kuhna below her. "The waterfall! It's up ahead!" she shouted, then ran forward again, Regalo coughing up dust after Egads dissappeared into the green background ahead of him. He blew a tuft of fur out of his face, scowled, then got up, wincing a bit and feeling slightly woozy from the spinning.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/19/2008 3:50 PM

Iounia nodded with some mild hint of understanding; she could tell that the Kuhna communicated with body language.  When Egads bowled into Regalo, she felt a spark of indignity rise in her as she thought to protest the rash action of the Kanua, but kept her mouth shut.  Especially after Egads said that the waterfall was up ahead.  Turning to Regalo, she moved up next to him to steady his stance, quietly murmuring, "Does she even watch where she's going sometimes?"

Kanika rolled her eyes as she pushed ahead of Iounia and Regalo, trying to catch up with Egads to see the waterfall.

{18}{16}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/21/2008 4:28 PM

Regalo shook his head. Egads only focuses on what's up ahead, and not anything below her. he thought to himself. He found himself once again wishing that he could talk. It seemed so much more easier, to be able to understand the words, the sounds. It was so musical, words. They tell stories, give life to characters... he felt his loss of words so grudgingly annoying that he wished he could scream to the heavens.

Egads heard the kuhnas coming behind. She slowed a little, making sure that they didn't waltz off in the wrong direction while she was leading them. She would have to be careful with this bunch. Regalo was slowing them down considerably, and that did not fly well with her. She'd have to do something about that.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/23/2008 7:15 PM

Kanika picked up her pace, but Iounia insisted on staying back with Regalo.  "Some people... I know someone like her.  Unfortunately... I know him well." She hissed as she thought about her brother and the nerve he had.  "I have no idea how he ended up as my litter-mate, but he did..." She sighed.

Kanika was catching up to Egads now, noting that she had slowed down.  "Waiting for the, ah... ahem, lovebirds back there?" She asked, clearing her throat.

{19}{17}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/24/2008 4:17 PM

Egads looked at her, a bit surprised. "Huh, Reg is just talkative." she huffed. She sped up a bit, now not caring. Egads was surprised by her emotions. Was that... jealousy she was feeling? No, she'd never liked Regalo! He was like sidekick to her, someone she could romp around with when she wanted to go exploring. No, he was nothing. The feeling had passed anyways.

Regalo listened intently, nodding thoughtfully as Iounia talked about her brother. He gave her a look that said, 'what did he do?' and walked a little faster, for her could sense Egads' anger a mile away.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/24/2008 7:18 PM

Iounia shrugged as she said, "Oh, he... well, there's this evil Prince we live with.  He's dead set on becoming a true Prince although his mother gave up her life as a Princess long before he was even born.  He needed minions, you see.  So, he took my cousin Frashill and my brother, Aloki.  Frashill, he originally took against her will, while Aloki went willingly." She sighed.  "Ever since... my brother's been blindly corrupted to the ways of evil."

Kanika offered a thoughtful chuckle.  "Talkative, eh?  I was under the impression he was mute." She said to herself, but out loud nevertheless.

{20}{18}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/24/2008 7:29 PM

Egads shot her a quick glance. "He is mute." she said loudly, as the roar of the falls was starting to get louder than them. "But he is good with communicating. He's learned to use body signals. He looks silly doing them, but they get the message across." she said, still keeping her attention ahead of her instead of looking at Kanika. "He doesn't seem to mind."

Regalo stroked her back with one of his tails reassuringly. He felt bad. At least you can still see right, he thought to himself. He really should learn telepathy, like that kuhna that Iounia was talking about earlier. It would sure make things a whole lot easier. Then he smiled widely. He could learn it. He just needed a teacher. He turned to Iounia adruptly, trying to get her attention. He closed his eyes and tapped his forehead with his paw, then hers in the same motion. He looked at her, hoping she got the message.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/24/2008 7:36 PM

Kanika chuckled.  "Ah, I see.  Body language." She said, looking back at the two.  Something lurched in her heart, but she shook it off.  No.  She wasn't going to be jealous of her cousin now--even if they weren't related by blood.

Iounia thought for a moment.  Then, she smiled.  "Telepathy?  I only know a couple who could teach you... But..." She sighed.  "One of them--Aeissath--is currently away on family matters, and the other... well.  He's a Hollowheart, and he might scare you at first, but at least he's a big softie under his stone skin." She said, recalling the first time she saw Ashok.

{21}{19}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/24/2008 9:46 PM

Regalo smiled, nodding enthusiastically. Finally, the chance to speak! he thought to himself excitedly. He got so excited he tried to say something, and out came that evil squeak. It was like listening to a dying mouse who was being smushed at the neck, it was that horrible. He closed his maw quickly, suddenly feeling color rushing to his face. He turned away from Iounia, trying not to let her see that he was embarrassed. No, he was supposed to be the strong one of the family. None of those annoying little boy emotions! Man emotions only.

Egads heard the squeak. She turned, seeing that Regalo had turned away from Iounia. A smirk grew on her face. Good.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/24/2008 9:52 PM

Iounia's ears twitched for a moment, but she looked at Regalo kindly.  "Hey, there's no need to be embarrassed over getting excited.  I'd have done the same thing too; and I've heard Aeissath make a very similar sound to that many a time." She said, gently nuzzling his neck.

Kanika felt her body freeze as she turned to look at the other two.  She could feel the jealousy eating away at her; it was tearing into her heart and trying to take over her.  "Oh-ho, I see how it is, Iou.  You drag me out here and then you start... flirting with a mute Kuhna!" She snapped.

{22}{20}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/24/2008 10:11 PM

Her touch made his pelt tingle with excitement. His purr came out rusty, but it made his chest vibrate, which was enough for him. He nuzzled her back, smiling.

Egads felt her heart twist. Reg was supposed to like her! "Regalo! What are you doing?!" she meowed harshly. The kuhna glanced at her, but didn't give her any attention. Egads' temper flared. She hissed, then turned angrily away, stomping the rest of the way towards the waterfall.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 05/24/2008 10:19 PM

Iounia smiled as she let the excitement tingle through her body.  This was the first time she'd ever had this feeling before; and she had found that she rather liked it.  To hear the rusty purr and feel the vibration from his chest made her own heart soar.

Kanika, on the other hand, growled as she said firmly, "Fine.  You know what?  I think we just found the Lover's Triangle.  It's similar to the Bermuda Triangle Fire's studying.  Someone goes in and they're never seen again.  So... Y'know what?  G'day, cousin.  I'll see you... never again, if I can help it!" She practically screamed this as she ran off after Egads.

{23}{21}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext