Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Pretty, but not prettier than me! (Me and Bob)

Postby Freezair » 07/15/2009 5:58 PM

Idalani's picturesque beauty was annoying.

It was ruining her picturesque beauty.

The moisture, while good for her complexion, was absolutely rotten for her make-up. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a mixed black and red ball of dampness roll down her cheek as her mascara and blush washed away. Her Heaven coat--the one-of-a-kind one she'd designed specifically for herself, designed to accent all of her delicate curves--was dragging along the algae-slicked rock, picking up all kinds of unsaviory earthy filth, not to mention dragging the perfectly combed furs out of line. It and the other 30 in her closet at home were irreplacable! What a horrid mess.

She couldn't believe her publicist was having her meet him here...! What was wrong with the comfort of the city? What at all? She swatted at the back of her ear. To make matters worse, those blasted insects were determined to make a main course out of her!

Surrounded by the shimmering, awesome waterfalls and the opalescent mist, she could not imagine herself being more miserable.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Pretty, but not prettier than me! (Me and Bob)

Postby my_lion_bob » 07/15/2009 7:07 PM

[OOC: I'll follow your lead. I have no idea what to write though.. Right, here goes nothing.]

Rifiko could smell the cool, wet air as he neared the largest waterfal in these parts. He loved the smell of the mist as it rolled off of the tumbling water. He usually came here to to be away from all the noisy people in the world so he could think or plot or otherwise.

He wasn't used to others being in his spot. His spot. His.

So naturally when his snout poked it's way through the shrubs and greens to see a girl worrying her pretty little face off, he almost flipped out.

"Can I help you?" he asked, his deep voice thick with sacrasum

[1]
my_lion_bob
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 115
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/15/2009 7:21 PM

((OOC: Rauha isn't really what you'd call a "girl..." She won't reveal her age to anyone, but most people would put her in the late 20's/early 30's age bracket.))

"NO!" the Teigu snipped back. She sunk her paws into the sides of her coat and hefted it off the ground, hiking it up on her back. Walking like this was kind of strange--she had no idea how humans managed, scurrying around on two legs all the time like they did--but anything, anything for that coat. Oooh, she'd kill the promotional manager.

"Not unless you're working for J.P. Rutherford, or his company, United Evelon Promotions. In which case, get me a triple shot no-foam espresso, tall, soy milk, wheatgrass infusion, and if they use anything but Cambodian beans again I will kill them, and tell your boss that I am never working with him again if he insists on holding his meetings here!"

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby my_lion_bob » 07/15/2009 10:49 PM

[OOC: Haha alright, I don't really know Rifiko's age either.. But I'd guess early to mid 20's. Hey, just curious, but what are the numbers at the bottom of te post for?]

All the words! She was being so specific about her drink.. Frozen coffe... Or something, that is almost made his head spin! Rifiko was simply glad he didn't have to work with this girl. To constantly deal with this! He couldn't imagine and felt sorry for the fellow she must have mistaked him for.

"Well, I do have to admit, this really is one horrible place to have a meeting.." He trailed off, sitting with his fluffy tail swishing about behind him. His eyes wandered and even though he knew this place inch for inch, he tried to see it as they did; as a meeting place. "Well you can tell Whats-his-face that if he has any more meetings here, I'll kill him,"

[2]
my_lion_bob
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/15/2009 11:02 PM

((Ha ha, gotcha! And the numbers at the bottom of the post are me keeping track of Rauha's post count, so I know when to level her up.))

"Oh!--Oh, I'm so sorry." She flourished her hand across her chest, her supple face frowning elegantly. "I didn't mean to mistake you for someone else. But good! Someone else on my side! You can be sure I will tell him all about your vote, Mr.--Ah, I'm sorry, your name?"

She stood up proudly. Or tried to. Her legs weren't really meant for going straight. How on earth did humans manage? And they had gread, knobby, knocking knees! She leaned back on her tail. That seemed to work.

"I don't suppose I need an introduction? Unless, of course, you come from one of those ghettos where people don't even know what Heaven is, let alone buy it... Probably costs more than their houses..."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby my_lion_bob » 07/17/2009 11:08 AM

[OOC: Guess I should do that too, huh? Umm.. Could you teach me how to level up when it gets to that?]

Refiko blinked. He couldn't recall knowing who this strange woman was... Though, now that she said something, he felt sure to know who it was after hearing the name.. Maybe?

"I'm Refiko," He spoke up with an air of proud arrogance and held his snout high with his tail elegantly curved up at it's gray tip. "I don't recall seeing you around town Mrs," He said, finally being able to shake off the weird events

[3]
my_lion_bob
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/17/2009 3:31 PM

((OOC: Well, the Pet Stats section has info on it, but if you've got questions, I've got answers. :D))

"Oh, no no no no no, of course not, darling. I would never be caught dead in these backwaters if it weren't for the sake of my company, you know. I tell you, I make so many sacrifices...! ...Well! I'm Rauha Anahera, of course. Miss Anahera, for your purposes, mister... Refiko."

Rauha drew herself up, waved a hand in front of her heart, and gave Refiko a narrow-eyed, crimped-cheek leer. His cockiness rammed against her own and fed right into hers. Thought she wasn't yet aware of it, some part of her thought this was going to turn into a contest. And she loved contest. Nothing like trying to belittle someone to make her day.

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby my_lion_bob » 07/17/2009 7:36 PM

[OOC: Should I be keeping track of his stats? o.o]

He scoffed at her. How offended she seemed by where he currently stayed. It was almost funny. He wasn't exactly very fond of where he currently called home.

"Well.. Miss... I'm sorry I don't live the kind of money hole life you do. Though if I did I certainly wouldn't be here I might add," He tossed his head back twords the small, rundown town where he had a hotel room.

So far Refiko had a hard time figuring out what, exactly, to think about Rauha. She seemed rather high class and pristine. More stuck up than anything, but certainly not mean. A very odd woman indeed, almost intriguing.

[4]
my_lion_bob
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/17/2009 8:23 PM

((It's not obligatory, no, but most people like to. Also, for things like the Battle Arena in the Slums and if there's ever another plot, you will need to have up-to-date stats on pets you want to participate.))

"Oh, darling, I know. All the little people in the world. It makes me rather... ugh."

Looking as simperingly put-upon as she could, she limped over to the nearest bench and dropped herself down on top of it. She gathered the train of her coat and lumped it into her lap.

"I daresay, if you're not fond of this place either, what has drawn you over here? You certainly don't look like the kind of person who has the obligations I do. She pulled up her purse and started poking around inside it.

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby my_lion_bob » 07/17/2009 11:00 PM

(OOC: Oh... Well crap, I should start doing that then o.O But I don't know the original stats)

"That's true, I'm not the person who was 'obligations' such as your self, nor do I want any, but I have my own problems.." Rifiko could almost feel the monster crawl around under his skin as he said this. A slight shudder and he shook of the feeling off quickly. "But, this is where I usually come to escape from city life. Unlike some people, I tend to fancy the forest over a large city any day," his answer was almost challenging, but straight forward enough.

Water was pouring over the edge and plummeting down the sixteen foot fall into the crystal clear pool below. The pool then jutted of into a shallow, but wide stream. The gentle noise in the background helped to ease at least his uneasy feeling that something had to go wrong.

"Though, I could ask you the same thing. What brings such a Lady here?"

[5]
my_lion_bob
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/17/2009 11:12 PM

((OOC: Pet Stats -> All Furries -> It's in alphabetical order. Yonyuu should be right at the bottom.))

"Ugh! I don't know how you can relax here! The noise from those falls, the moisture, clinging to my skin and ruining my face--and the insects! Ugh! It's bad enough that this blasted jungle is a hothouse. But the pests!"

Rauha fished a small tan pack out of her purse and removed a long clove cigarette from her purse. No nicotine, unfortunately, but she was on-again-off-again trying to kick the habit. She pressed it to her scaly lips. "You wouldn't happen to have a light, would you? Mine's just buried so deep."

She sucked on the end anyway, tasting paper and the dried leaves stuffed inside. "Me, oh, well, you know how it is.--Well, no, I suppose you don't, but I've hardly time to explain it to you. I'm a slave to the press, don't you know... everyone wants to know about the latest outfit. The signature perfume. The cosmetics. And the blasted paparazzi want to know all the piddly details so they can sell them off to the tabloids..."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate