Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Things That Are Awkward {P}

Postby Indigo » 08/15/2009 7:01 AM

Spoon Sharpener twisted a strand of grass idly in one hand and buckled on her roller skates with the other. The bent spoon with its ends connected by a chain that she wore as a bracelet was cold on her wrist. Her blue hair was ruffled by the slight breeze. She watched the sun, not needing to look as she fastened her skates. It was just after one in the afternoon. Beside her lay Soul Brightridge, her loyal Leawolf.

Together they waited.

The other Kuhna would arrive soon. Spoon wasn't entirely certain who it was, but she knew it was one of Wolfie's. She knew most of Wolfie's Kuhnas well because of her friendship with Indigo. Perhaps it would be the Arkuhna, Blueprint. Hmm.

Skates buckled on, Spoon was itching to skate down the path, but she had to wait for whoever was coming. Maybe then they could skate together. She hoped so.

{9-9}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Things That Are Awkward {P}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 08/15/2009 7:24 AM

Blueprint walked with an unsteady pace, running into things occasionally as he tried in vain to draw the scenery before him. Every once in a while he would stop to take a quick glance at the falls. It was a breathtaking view, the water cascading softly at first and then becoming harsh, having the strength of many grown elephants. As the descriptive words fell into his head, he was sketching the way the water fell around a rock jutting out of the side of the cliff.

Suddenly, without realizing it, he wandered off the sidewalk and ended up tripping over something...

Sprawled out on the grass, he began to apologize continuously. Sitting up and plucking a leaf out of his orange hair, he gazed down at his drawing and realized that his pencil had... gone... through... the paper.

Crud. He sighed and flipped the sketch pad to a fresh sheet. "Sorry," he mumbled again, and finally looked up at the person he'd stumbled over.
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 08/15/2009 7:38 AM

Soul leaped up and onto the person who had tripped over Spoon, licking his face and getting his fur all over the place. Spoon laughed and grabbed his collar, hauling him off and shoving him aside. He stood there, panting and occasionally barking.

"Hi, Blueprint." Spoon sat down in front of him and grinned. "Sorry about Soul. So I guess you're the one I'm supposed to meet here? Or did you just happen to be passing by?" She looked over her shoulder. "Hey, Soul, could you do me a favor and fetch my bag?"

.:Of course,:. Soul thought to her, and dragged her blue backpack over to her. Then he lay in the grass by her feet. Spoon opened the backpack. "You know how to roller skate?" she asked Blueprint. "It's easier for me to think that way sometimes. I can lend you my spare skates." She pulled them out of the backpack. Her skates were a specially designed platform with wheels that strapped onto shoes. The spare ones were purple and had yellow flowers on them.

{10-10}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 08/15/2009 7:50 AM

"Eh... hm. Can I make the yellow flowers red? Er, no, sorry I asked... Sure," he smiled. "It's been a while since the last time I saw you." He looked over at the falls. "I might have to get you to pose later or something... The falls are gorgeous!" He grinned.

Taking the skates, he strapped them on and stood shakily. He teetered a little bit before straightening out and realizing that he had left his sketchbook and pencil on the ground. Groaning, he bent down and picked them up, only to find himself swaying.

He chuckled nervously. "I'm not used to skates..."

(2)
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 08/15/2009 8:02 AM

"You can do whatever you want with them," Spoon said. "You can keep them if you want. I don't need them." She pointed to her own orange skates. "As for posing...I don't know. I'm not that great for drawing. I mean, there must be more...picturesque people."

Soul stood up and licked Blueprint's leg, then rubbed his head against him in search of petting. His ears were itchy. Drool dripped onto the grass. He stuck his head in Spoon's backpack and came up with a red leash, which he butted against Spoon's hand.

"Do we really have to do this?" Spoon asked. Soul nodded, dripping dog slobber everywhere. Spoon sighed and clipped one end of the leash to Soul's collar. The other end was tied securely onto her spoon bracelet. Almost immediately Soul started pulling her toward the sidewalk, but she dug in her heels and held out a very similar leash to Blueprint.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," she said. "But if you're not used to skates, you might not be able to keep up otherwise. And I don't think Soul will change his mind any time soon."

{11-11}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 08/15/2009 8:10 AM

Blueprint took the leash and attached it to Soul's collar. He quickly whipped out a blue Sharpie and colored in the flowers on one of the skates. He put the Sharpie back in his pocket and held on to the leash, his sketch pad in one hand, his pencil tucked behind his ear. He squeezed his eyes shut, afraid of what he might see on this little 'journey' they were taking...
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 08/16/2009 3:38 PM

Soul barked loudly and ran over to the sidewalk, then began pelting along it, pulling Spoon and Blueprint after him. Spoon noticed that Blueprint's eyes were closed and poked him. "Come on, it's not so bad. We're not even going that fast."

Several people stared as they passed by. Soul took this as encouragement and sped up. Spoon sighed. "If you want to stop, just tell me," she said, fiddling with her bracelet. This was weird. There seemed to be no point to it.

Yes, she'd told Indigo she wished she knew what a real relationship was like, but she'd never asked to have that ad put up. Then one day Indigo had said, "I've arranged a date for you." She offered no other information except the location. The only reason she knew it was one of Wolfie's Kuhnas was because she'd asked Penchant, who tended to notice things like that.

Whatever. Best to focus on now.

{12-12}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 08/16/2009 5:13 PM

Blueprint cautiously cracked one eye open, and then the other, watching the people  and scenery fly past him. He laughed once, grinning, and glanced over at Spoon.

"You're right!" he exclaimed. "This is amazing!"

It was almost hilarious rolling past trees and hearing a bird chirp for merely a second. He loved the expressions of the people around them, loved watching the way Soul's feet hit the ground. His grin turned to a look of awe as his gaze traveled to the falls. They were, in every way possible, amazing. Sitting and staring at them was nothing compared to this.

The only part he wasn't happy about was that he couldn't draw it out, and his memory isn't the greatest with images.

(3)
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 08/17/2009 1:46 PM

Spoon grinned. "Yeah, it is. At least, I always thought so. Soul, look out!" Soul veered around a startled-looking Kuhna and returned to his original course, barely watching where he was going anymore. He didn't like to stop once he'd started running.

"So..." Spoon racked her brain for something to talk about. "What exactly do we talk about, anyway?" She assumed that Blueprint knew just as well as she why they were here; at least, she hoped so. It would be very awkward to explain. And what would she do if this ended in the Breeding Rooms?

She sometimes wished she could be like Soul, who didn't worry about things like this. All he cared about was being with her, eating, sleeping, and playing. He rarely bothered to send thoughts to her because they weren't necessary for her to know what he was thinking. He couldn't help her with this. Maybe she should stop worrying about this.

{13-13}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 08/17/2009 4:45 PM

"I dunno," Blueprint said, suddenly feeling very awkward. "I suppose... we could talk about random things that happen in our lives? We could tell each other about humorous things that our families have done..." He stopped to think for a second. "There's a robot where I live named Technigra... She's constantly trying to eat my pencils and such. Before I left to come here she was gnawing on one of my socks."

He remembered the sight... Techni with the sock halfway in her mouth, glancing around the wildly... He laughed.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 08/18/2009 1:47 PM

Spoon laughed. "Well, that shouldn't be too hard to think of. My family is crazy." She thought for a moment. "There's this Cavallion who's friends with a Hollowheart who has some kind of chariot for some reason. Every morning they tear down the hall with it to wake everyone up. Almost everyone does, because it's hard to sleep through the screaming." She grinned. "I think they like it, though."

Soul, of course, did plenty of crazy things. Like tackling people, for instance. Or stealing things and dropping them on her bed, covered in drool. Her family really was ridiculous.

{14-14}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 11/10/2009 1:51 AM

Blueprint grinned. "That sounds like fun..." He suddenly noticed a small stand selling chocolate cookies and felt his mouth water. He'd always loved sweets, especially cookies. His favorite were sugar cookes with M&M's in them, but chocolate chip was good, too.

"Do you want some?" he asked. "I'll pay." He approached the stand and took out his wallet, setting his pencils and paper down on the ground for the moment. "Two for me please..." he trailed off and turned to Spoon. "And you?"
No tomorrow, No tomorrow