Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

With this ring... [P, Freezair]

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/17/2009 8:33 PM

"I can't believe it! I'm getting married to Tono. At last..." added Coco, looking in the "mirror." There were no actual looking-glasses among the Falls, but Sta had made a shard of smooth ice, which she had propped up and was now looking into. She was nervous, of course, like any other bride would be. She loved Tono, she knew, but her feathers were still all a-flutter as she adjusted the white flower wreath around her neck.

"You'll be fine!" reassured Terra, currently in human form. She was holding several extra flowers in her arms, as well as a veil. "Are you sure you want white flowers only? There are lots of other pretty colors to try!" Coco laughed at that, shaking her head.

"No thanks," she said. "White is the color for marriage-ah, I forgot!" She quickly reached out and plucked a small blue flower from Terra's arms. "I need something blue for this. It's tradition. And something old, something new, something borrowed too."

"The veil is new," added Nin, perched nearby, helpfully. "We got it from a shop. But there's not much costuming you can do with a Polly like you, Coco. No offense," she quickly added. Her claws scraped a little nervously at the ground. After all, it was her brother getting married. After this, Coco would become her sister-in-law. That was a reason to worry, right there.

"None taken," said Coco. "Hmm...what to do..."

"I know!" exclaimed Terra. She reached up and fiddled around with her metallic hair, until she managed to get out a glint. "Here!" she said, satisfied, tucking it into the veil. "There's something borrowed, and something old! After all, I came from the Khimera factory, way back when the war began."

"Well...that's good, then," said Coco. "I guess I'm almost ready."

"Don't worry," laughed Nin. "I'm sure Tono's just as nervous."

"I'm getting married!" exclaimed Tono, wings brushing against the tie around his neck. It was the only thing he was wearing-he, like his bride-to-be, had no human form. He couldn't wear a tuxedo, or anything like that-it just wouldn't fit. "I'm getting married-God, to Coco, dear dear dear..." Would she think he was wearing too little? She would surely be all dressed up somehow... She was behind that rock, on the other side of the plateau where they would get married.

"You'll be fine!" replied Sta, smiling. "She'll love you just the way you are, so don't start getting all snappy at yourself. Just relax-the guests will be here soon, and she'll come out any moment now."

"Are you sure?" asked Tono. "There's nothing I have to do?"

"Just stand there," replied Sta. "That's really the main goal of the groom. Besides, I've almost finished the decorations." The Aries was standing on his hind legs, finishing draping a piece of dampened string over several pillars of rock. "Now watch this!" He laid a hoof on it, allowing ice to freeze over it, resulting in a pearl-like decoration.

"Tada!"

"Wow!" squeaked another voice. A small Chaos Shartile bounced onto one of the roughly hewn rocks that would serve as a seat, trying to touch the decorations. He was the little creature Coco had rescued from the war, and was the most enthusiastic about it. He'd be getting a new brother and sister! And his first sister was about to get married!

"Don't touch the decorations!" warned Sta. "I like you, little guy, but I don't want to see those damaged."

Gray paced at the place where they had arrived. This place was quite spread-out, and she figured it would be no problem to land there. Now all she had to do was wait for the guests. There wouldn't be many-she didn't feel like dealing with too many humans.

Had the invitations made it?

[138, 128, 1, 26, 1, 217]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: With this ring... [P, Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 11/17/2009 10:06 PM

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/17/2009 10:23 PM

((>< It ate a TWO PAGE POST! Longer than that, even! Sorry, but I'm not retyping it all. Here's a Failpost to introduce me.))

ImageImageImage

Krii, Skycutter, Avani, and Jimmy all flew in while Jimmy half-snarkily and half-philosophically narrated in the first person. Jimmy thought about how weird it was that Avani didn't know Tono, Sta, and Terra. Sky got on Jimmy's case for being weird. Krii called her ugly. Her hair was down. They flew down to meet Fluffy, who greeted them warmly. Fluffy said things with the implication that he'd been there that morning helping them. They moved to meet them. Stuff.

[411, 409, 69]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/17/2009 10:40 PM

Gray stepped forwards. "About time you got here!" she exclaimed, looking up at the Paragon. She hadn't seen her before. Perhaps she'd been one of the War Prizes? She hadn't really noticed what they were, although she was sure she'd have seen something as large as that. Ah, she remembered. She was probably an egg when Jimmy got her.

"Who are they?" asked Truce, glancing over at Sta.

"Oh, they're friends from the war," replied Sta. "I'll introduce you, if you want."

"Yay!" exclaimed the Shartile, bouncing onto Sta's back.

"Oof."

Hearing the commotion outside, Coco spread her wings and flapped over to the side of the plateau where everyone else was. However, she didn't really recognize any of the new arrivals.

"Who're they?" she whispered, flying to Tono's side.

"Oh, right, you left before we met them. They're acquaintances from the war. That human is Jimmy, the Garudor is Skycutter, that Rengosett is Krii, and the Khalmar is Fluffy. I think that Ballama is named Little One. I don't know the Paragon, though."

"Hey, Coco!" called Nin, flying after her. "We haven't adjusted your veil yet! It's crooked!"

"Yeah-hey there!" called Terra, turning around and running towards the others. "Fluffy! Is that you?"

"Little One!" exclaimed Darryu.

[139, 129, 2, 27, 2, 218]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/17/2009 11:14 PM

"Pleased to meet you all!" I stuck my hands out to shake wings, hooves, tentacles, and whatever else was offered to me. I had to admit, I didn't know the bride at all. But Tono? I trusted his taste. She seemed like a nice Polly. A bit small for him, but who was I to judge?

"Hello, Terra!" Fluffy waved. He shuffled up to meet her. I'd definitely remembered them moshing back during the war, but they seemed awfully happy to see one another. His Ballama, Little One, phased into existence and set out to nuzzle the other one, Darryu. And I think she said something like "Yes! Yes! Hello!" Maybe they had a thing going on. I hadn't really seen much of Fluffy in a while, either.

Avani drew a couple odd looks, so I introduced her. "Oh, hey, everyone, this is Avani. When the war ended, I got an award in the Pathfinders. They gave me an Earth Paragon Egg. Avani's the result."

"Pleasure to meet you all!" She stood in an overly dramatic pose, craning up her neck and coiling her tail like a cat. "I hope we can be good friends!"

"To-no!" Krii swaggered. "Lookin' snaaaa-zzy, my man!"

"You all look very nice," Sky complimented. "It should be a lovely ceremony."

[412, 410, 70]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/18/2009 12:17 AM

Tono grinned at Sky, or at least the Garudor equivalent of a grin. "Thank you!" he said. "Have I properly introduced my fiance? Her name is Coco. And this is Nin, my sister." He gestured to the Prismatic Garudor standing by Coco's side.

"Hello there," said Coco, giving Sky a strange glance. There was something in her eyes, something other than greeting. "I suppose we haven't met, even though I was already engaged to Tono before the war began. The Imperials captured me, but Sta and Fyte, an Albie we met, rescued me." Nin gave her an odd look, as if she had sensed something as well.

"I hate those monsters," growled Tono. He might have wished to use a stronger word, but Truce was here.

"Hey!" called Truce as Sta galloped over. He ran over to Avani, looking up at her. "Wow, you're big!" he said. "But otherwise we're so similar! We both have the same jaw shape and claws!" He held up a little foot and wiggled it. He'd been convinced to leave his skull at home.

"He was also rescued from the Imperials," explained Gray. "He considers Coco his sister now-and he's totally calm about this wedding." She grinned and shook her head. "Well, calm as in not-worried."

"It's been so long!" Terra exclaimed to Fluffy. Darryu was too busy greeting Little One to say anything, but it was clear his feelings were similar.

[140, 130, 3, 28, 3, 219]

[Coco's jealous, yeah-because she feels that Tono is acting too familiar with Sky. And also because Sky is a Garudor as well.]

[Also, I was thinking about having a group that believes in no cross-species romance crashing the wedding. What do you think?]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/18/2009 12:42 AM

((Geez, are you sure you want to play that many characters? XD Sounds fun, but only if you're willing to pile that many people in. Sounds crazy!))

"Poor thing," Sky said pityingly. "I know how you feel. A couple friends of ours were trapped during the war, too."

"A couple friends of ours?" Krii looked at Sky skeptically. "Ours, implying someone who is not me?!"

"Hey. Easy does it, Krii," I said. "We're at a wedding! Relax! Yes, I know, this is kind of the whole Purine gang here, but there'll be time to swap war stories when we're all half-drunk off rum punch during the reception. Let's try to have some dignity here. You're gonna mess your fur up!"

Krii gave me a pouty face. He sat back on his rump, compressed his shoulders, and turned himself into an annoyed, furry lump.

"Hello there, little guy!" Avani said chipperly. "Yep! I'd say we do look similar. Everybody here! Why, we've all got eyes and mouths, and hands, and tails! Even though Jimmy's tail is kinda lumpy and fat."

"I heard that," I said. I let it be, though. I can take a "big butt" joke or two.

"Thankfully, I managed to convince Bella to stay at home this time," Fluffy laughed. "I almost had to tie her down!

"This is the first wedding I've ever been to," he squeaked. "I've read about them in my databases, but I can't wait to observe first-tentacle!"

[413, 411, 71]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/18/2009 12:57 AM

(I was thinking of having them not actually be characters in my pen, though they might have pets with them. Because otherwise the postcount tracking would drive me insane.)

"Really? She has a tail?" asked Truce, running around to try and see Jimmy's backside. "I can't see it! Is she hiding it under her pants?"

"It's a joke," Nin explained, coming over. "She doesn't really have a tail."

"Oh!" said Truce. "I don't get it."

"I'll explain it to you some other time," promised Nin.

"Aren't we here to have a wedding?" asked Coco. "Can't everyone sit down first? We've got time for talking later on! Seats are there," she added, gesturing at the plateau. "I guess you kinda have to sit on the ground. That's alright, right?"

"Yeah!" agreed Tono, taking his place at the front of the plateau. Coco returned to the other end of the "aisle," calling Truce over. The Shartile quickly scampered to her side and took one of her wings. Terra handed the bouquet to Gray, who also went to the front. Terra herself found the basket of petals she had hooked on her arm beforehand, and fished out two rings to hand to Sta.

Then, Coco started to walk down the aisle, followed by Terra and Sta.

[141, 131, 4, 29, 4, 220]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/18/2009 1:29 AM

"Aww," Avani mumbled, disappointed. "Usually that's the kind of joke that little kids always like..."

I clapped a hand on her shoulder. "Can't win 'em all, I'm afraid."

Everyone was suddenly rushing into place for the procession. "Woah! Hey!" Krii said. "Give us a chance to sit down! We just got here and you're already getting ready to play 'Here Comes the Bride?' C'mon, let's find our places!"

Avani can get comfortable anywhere. She picked out a nice little patch of anywhere and sat down. Sky just found a more comfortable place to stand.

I noticed that we didn't exactly have a full house. There weren't a whole lot of chairs, but it suited us. I found one and dropped myself in. Briefly, I hoped that I wasn't accidentally in the "Friend of the Bride" side. I didn't know if there were sides.

Fluffy set himself up by Terra's side. Even his Ballama poofed in to watch.

I passed Krii a tissue. Don't tell anyone, but he cries at weddings.

[414, 412, 72]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/18/2009 1:43 AM

Gray grinned, as she settled down in a seat as well, curling herself up in a slightly catlike manner. Nin perched by her side. There was no actual music, but Truce hummed a slightly off-key version of "Here Comes the Bride" as he walked his "sister" down the aisle. This was punctuated by occasional excited skipping, but Coco didn't really mind. Terra walked behind, scattering petals, while Sta followed after, the rings now hooked somewhat percariously on his horns.

Tono, meanwhile, was getting even more nervous. His eyes darted across the audience, looking for reassuring looks. They were all his friends, yes. They were all his friends, and they were here to watch him get married to Coco. And she was coming this way, that beautiful lady. His sister caught his eye and nodded. He relaxed, and prepared to meet his bride.

"Oops!" hissed Sta, as one of the rings slipped off his horn. Truce noticed. "I'll get it!" he squeaked, and ran off after it. He chased it for a while, and finally cornered it. Scooping it up, he suddenly noticed someone behind a rock. He crouched down to listen.

"Why...they are holding it in full view! Shameful!"

"Tsk tsk...not everyone understands the value of keeping bloodlines pure. We will stop this, have no worry."

Truce trembled. What were they? They sounded so...scary!

"Hey!" he hissed. "You can't stop that? That's my sister Coco!"

Suddenly, rough arms grabbed him, stuffing him under someone's shirt. He cried out, scrabbling with his claws. The ring slipped from his grasp, rolling away, back towards the ceremony. His voice was muffled by the jacket, and something was gripping him too tight for him to fight any further.

"Truce?" called Sta, before seeing the ring come rolling back. He scooped it up, frowning. Where was that little dinosaur?

[142, 132, 5, 30, 5, 221]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/18/2009 5:10 PM

They say everyone has a wedding story, and no doubt this one was shaping up to be a good one. The best man dropped the ring, everyone fumbled to pick it up, the music was provided as in-house as you could get... It wasn't fancy, no. But my heart swelled. The tripping just made it all the more tender.

But then, things got... strange.

Hands appeared from nowhere. They wrapped themselves around little Truce, dragging him off. Wedding-crashers! What a thing to happen.

I was on my feet immediately. Skycutter beat her wings angrily. "HEY! Leave them alone! Get OUT of here!" She hopped into the air, beating up a furious Wingstorm.

Krii's tail flared into light. Fireballs circled around him. He pounced down from the chair and charged into the aisle. "HEY! What do you think you're doing?"

Avani brushed out her wings protectively. "What now...?" But Fluffy was pushing himself into the thick of it. "Come on, Terra!" he bid. His tentacles lashed in full-on combat mode. But the kidnappers (or whatever they were) seemed to slip out of sight. Avani and I knocked over chairs as we charged into the heat of the fight, only to find they'd gotten away.

"Oh, dear. What now?" Avani asked. Good question, girl.

[415, 413, 73]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/18/2009 8:34 PM

"Truce!" screamed Coco. Her little brother-well, her adopted little brother, at least! Who had taken him?

"Give him back!" screamed Tono, forgetting the wedding nearly entirely. His tie flapped wildly as he ran to look for the kidnappers, but they had vanished from behind the rock already. Sta groaned. It was all his fault! If he hadn't dropped that ring, Truce wouldn't have gone to get it, and he wouldnt' have been captured!

"Ahem."

The voice wasn't one they knew. Gray, who had gotten up in full griffin form, growling, spun around, seeing a pair of people standing at the front of the plateau. A man with blue hiar, and a woman with longer, bright red hair, both wearing long jackets. The man grinned, holding up a struggling Truce.

"Truce!" called Coco, Nin, and Tono, all at once. Terra ran towards them immediately, but the man raised an arm, knocking her back. She stumbled and stared, seeing the mechanical arm underneath his jacket.

"Who are you?" demanded Gray, moving forwards in an attempt to defend Terra.

"We are agents of the Pure Breeding Society," replied the man, grinning at his partner.

"Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation
To unite all peoples within our nation
To denounce the evils of interspecies love
To extend our reach to the stars above
Jeffie!
Jake!
PBS blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

Then Terra stepped forward and punched him in the face. His arm lashed out, grabbing her by the wrist and hauling her into the air.

"Pfft. An original. How weak."

[143, 133, 6, 31, 6, 222]

[About the rhyme: What?"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/19/2009 3:13 AM

"What the...?"

Oh yeah. Definitely one heck of a wedding story.

These guys looked human, at least. Other than that, I couldn't figure them out. They stood in the aisle and did a thing where they recited some poem. "To denouce the evils of interspecies love..." Oh! They must have had something against the whole "Garudor marrying a Polly" thing.

I have taught Avani many things. Restraint is not one of them. She lept into the air and barreled directly down the aisle, aiming like a missle for the intruders. She's not very large. Every Garudor there was bigger than her. But she had a fierce face, and at that speed, even a flying mouse would look intimidating.

She tried to pin one of the interlopers to the floor. "Who are you? And what are you doing here? You'd better talk and talk fast, buster, or you're about to get 256 pounds of not gonna stand for this in your FACE!"

"Add to that ten pounds of burn, baby, burn!" Krii hissed. He bristled angrily.

"Avani, be careful..." Fluffy said warily. Of course, I saw him prepping his tentacle guns as we spoke.

Sky fell back to the ground, so as not to blow Avani into oblivion.

[416, 414, 74]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/19/2009 8:32 AM

Terra growled and lifted up one knee, aiming it for a position that her being lifted into the air put her at a perfect pose to kick. She aimed, and managed to hit. Mechanical arm or no, the man was still, well...male. He "oofed" and dropped Terra and Truce, who both scrambled out of the way.

"Stop!" he commanded Avani, waving his arm threateningly. His partner snorted.

"You won't stop her that way!" she hissed, before raising an arm. Shockwaves seemed to come from her hands, forming a semi-shield in front of her. It would probably take a little longer to push through it.

"Think about it!" she added, pointing at Coco with her free hand. "She is not worthy of you! You are a mighty Garudor, lord of the skies! She is...she is nothing, practically, compared to you!"

"How-how dare you!" snarled Tono. "She's my Coco! And I love her! And she is NOT A NOTHING! Shut up! Shut up right now!" He flapped into the air and practically zoomed towards the duo. "SHUT UP!"

Nin snarled. "Great, he's going to get himself into trouble." The Prismatic Garudor quickly took to the air as well, chasing after her brother. Gray growled, flapping into the air as well. The woman noticed, and then extended her other arm, extending the sonic shield to above her head as well.

"You only have two arms!" noted Gray, preparing to loop around. Suddenly, the top sonic shield bubbled upwards, hitting her in the stomach. She fell backwards, but prepared a glowing sphere of white magic between her paws, attempting to hurl it forwards.

"You all forgot me!" hissed Sta, stomping-hard-on the ground. A line of ice shot forwards, zooming under the sonic shield and hitting the man in the ankle. He growled, but ignored it, then grinned. Kneeling, he placed a hand on the ice, and suddenly electricity was shooting among it. Sta's eyes widened, but he was hit before he could do anything about it, and thrown backwards violently.

[144, 134, 7, 32, 7, 223]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/19/2009 7:10 PM

((I misread that a little and thought Sta was shooting ice beams from his eyes for a moment. 83;))

"Ooof!" Avani thudded meatily as she collided with the sudden force-field. That girl needs to work on her reaction time; I won't pretend otherwise. She hit the ground fairly solidly. But what she lacks in reflexes she makes up in tenacity; she was off the ground and claw-swiping with the best of them.

Speaking of tenacity! Mr. Ten-Pounds-Of-Burn-Baby-Burn darted forward, cackling and spiraling with fuelless fires floating in his wake. He juked left and right, running on all fours. Once he came to the edge of the sonic shield, he pawed along them. Well! If Sta could slide under, why couldn't he? He squeezed beneath. "Ahaha! Surprise, suckers!"

Sky was with the other Garudor in the sky. The whole thing was a Magistrey nightmare. She scratched futiley at the shield. It didn't seem to be totally solid--it looked like it might be somewhat pliable--but claws alone wouldn't cut it.

Fluffy ran up to Terra. "Terra! Help me! I think we can find the signal to jam those sheilds--help me search the radio band!"

As for me? I wear a belt. And at my belt, I always keep a very handy-dandy, sharp little gardening tool. I wasn't ready to leap into the main fray yet; it was too gnarly. I might accidentally hit somebody I cared about. If it came to me, though, I'd be ready.

[417, 415, 75]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next