Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Night-time Adventure (P; finished)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:09 AM

Cecil padded softly through the forests of Idalani Falls. It was night time, his favorite time of the day. He had been asleep all day, as was his habit. He needed to get out and move around for once in his life. He could make out the stars above him through the canopy of leafy trees. The air was warm and soothing. He heard the rushing of water and made his way toward the sound. What a beautiful sound it was. He reached the water fall and was mesmerized by the dancing water. It seemed to be illuminated by the moon, which was full, from above. The sound came from the water gushing and then smacking against the water below. He smiled to himself and sat down beside the fall to watch it. He angled his head and thought. He didn't know why he had come here. He just had. The falls were so mesmerizing in their beauty that it didn't matter why he had come. The falls were reason enough. And he had managed to find his own personal fall to watch. He considered himself lucky.
{1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Night-time Adventure (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:20 AM

Seteria found herself up in one of the trees of Idalani falls. She had been watching the waterfall she had found when she had fallen asleep. Surprisingly, she hadn't fallen out of the tree, yet. She awoke when it was dark because a fly had managed to tickle her ear. The sun had set and the moon had risen, the weaker light winning for the night. Seteria thought, since she was a kit, of the sun and moon as two things always at war with one another. The sun winning during the day and the moon at night. She looked below her and found another kuhna. She peered at him from her perch. He had found her waterfall, the one she came to. She began to descend her tree, but she lost her grip and fell, right onto the unsuspecting kuhna. She jumped away from him as quickly as she could. She hissed at him, something she didn't do often. "What are you doing here?" she whispered in a voice like venom.
{1}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:28 AM

Cecil had been watching his waterfall, minding his own business, when he was fallen on. He collasped from the sudden pressure on his back. He tried to push the weight off, but before he had a chance the weight was off of him. He stood and shook himself off. Before him stood an angel. A very angry angel, but an angel nonetheless. He smiled at her, but the response wasn't as pleasant. He was taken aback by by the venom in her voice, but that didn't stop him. "I was watching the fall," he said inoccently. "It's so beautiful at night." He glanced at the fall again. The rushing water never stopped. It was like a clock, but much louder.
{2}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:32 AM

Seteria's tails lashed. She wasn't in the mood for this guys nice-ness. She growled at him. It was uncharacteristic of her, but no one had ever found her fall before. "Aren't you gonna tell the whole world?" she snarled at him. Her eyes flashed and danced with the reflection of the water and the moon light. Crickets could be heard in the background. The wind blew gently and russled her fur. Though it was warm, she shivered slightly.
{2}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:39 AM

The angel didn't like him, Cecil could tell that. He didn't know why, but soon found out. She thought that he would tell the whole world about the waterfall they had found. "I wouldn't do such a thing!" he told her. "The falls are to be discovered, not babbled about. One should find the falls, not be told of them." He took a step toward her, hoping she wouldn't lash out again. He still had the grin on his face.
{3}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:46 AM

Seteria softened a little. The other kuhna didn't want to share their secret! She didn't have to be so rough with him. She finally returned the the smile that was given to her. Her tails relaxed and the fur that had been sticking up on her back flattened. "I'm Seteria," she said without the venom in her voice. She turned her pale green eyes toward his pale blue eyes. They were the color of the water that came from the top of the falls when it hit the water below.
{3}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 10:54 AM

Cecil could sense her relax. He took another step closer, testing the boudaries of his angel that had fallen from above. "Nice to meet you, Seteria," he said happily. "I'm Cecil Von Ulf, but everyone just calls me Cecil." He looked into her eyes. They were pale green orbs that reflected the moon. They were gorgeus. He just had to mention them in conversation. "You eyes," he began. "Are beautiful. I've never seen eyes like yours." He secretly hoped the compliment would lower her still high defenses. He didn't want to hurt her. He just wanted to be friends with his angel.
{4}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 11:00 AM

"Thank you," Seteria said softly, her ruff exterior giving way to her soft interior. "No one's ever said that to me before." She turned to face the falls again. "They are beautiful," she said. She inched closer to the edge of the water. Her paws itched to feel the water beating gently against them. She closed her eyes and imagined swimming in the crystal clear water.
{4}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 11:05 AM

Cecil inched up toward Seteria and sat beside her. He watched her close her eyes. He closed his as well. He listened to the water pound against the water below it. He smiled and inched his paws forward. They touched water. He jumped back quickly and shivered.
{5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 11:14 AM

Seteria opened her eyes when she felt Cecil jump back beside her. She giggled at him. It was funny that the water had scared him. Water wasn't scarry to her. It was peaceful, calming even. She loved the water. She stood up and took a step forward. Then another. She was walking into the water. The cool  water fell very good on her paws. She waded in deeper. The water was up to her chest. The next step took her into deeper water. Her feet left the earth and she began to swim in the water. She was careful to stay away from the fall, or she could get sucked into its fast current, one that was very hard to fight. She laughed. "Afraid of the water, are ya?" she called to the land bound kuhna.
{5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 11:21 AM

Cecil gulped. He wasn't afraid. The water had just startled him. Yeah, that was it. He watched as his angel waded in and swam around. He swallowed once more. His mouth was dry. Cecil took a step back, away from the water. He didn't want to get sucked into the current of the water fall. Drowning was the worst way to go in his opinion. "You should come out now," he said over the sound of rushing water. "It isn't safe!"
{6}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 12:56 PM

Seteria giggled. "Don't worry, silly," she said. "I'll be careful." She padded around in the water some more. She swam through the reflection of the moon on teh water and dove underneath the water. She swam underneath the water and came up for a breath of air. She hadn't realized she was so close to the waterfall. Her eyes widened and the current grabbed her. It swirled her and she fought against it. "Help me!" she called to Cecil before she was drug underneath the water.
{6}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 1:01 PM

Cecil didn't know what to do. He had seen Seteria go under, but he didn't know where she went after that. His eyes searched the water for any sign of her in the crystal clear water. He thought he saw her body beneath the water. He took a deep breath and plunged into the water. It stunned him slightly. He shook his head and swam toward Seteria. He reached out to grab her but couldn't find her. He soon bumped into something. He hoped it was Seteria. He grabbed the mass by what he hoped what the scruff of her neck. He surfaced and drug Seteria's limp form back to shore. He set her down and pushed on her chest, hoping for a sign of conscienceness.
{7}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 1:22 PM

Seteria felt herself being pulled under the water. Before  she was sucked under for good she managed to get a great gulp of air into her lungs. She was pushed and pulled. Before long she lost conscienseness. Everything went unsually black and her thoughts drifted away from the situation until they weren't there at all. She didn't feel Cecil pull her from the water. She didn't feel him beating on her chest, trying to extract the water. She didn't know what was going on until she took in her first breath of air. She gulped it in, grateful. She stared around, bewildered. "What happened?" she asked. "Where am I?"
{7}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/06/2009 1:29 PM

Cecil sighed with relief when he saw Seteria's eyelids flutter. They water left her mouth and she took a gulp of air. Cecil wanted to dance. He was so releaved. He asnswered her questions slowly and carefully, in a serious tone. "You nearly drown," he said. "And you're at the Idalani Falls, with me, Cecil, we just met and I pulled you out of the water. Remember?"
{8}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items