Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: A Hard Fall from Love [Self RP]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/10/2010 4:44 PM

Bazira's eye's got wide once again with disbelief as she stopped and scoffed loudly.  She turned but managed to restrain herself from running back and tearing his throat out.  Her bared teeth slowly transformed into an angry smirk and she chuckled softly, letting it grow into an awkward (and almost maniacal) cackle.

"Unbearable!?  Heh, are you serious?" she laughed half-heartedly.  "You should try looking in the mirror for a change, pretty boy.~"  She scoffed again and raised her nose in an arrogant fixture.  "And just who exactly said I was trying to be attractive, huh?  Exactly; no one." she growled.  

Sketch bit back some of his own anger as he returned her stare.  "Unbearable is not a term I would use on myself, m'dear." he mewed loudly enough for her to hear.  "I can controll my temper." he stated, matter of factly.  It was true; he had a tight hold on his temper.  Very rarely did he let it show, and once it did, he had the restraint to quickly real it back into check.  It was a much needed quality that Bazira would gain from, should she ever took the time to obtain it.  It was a quality that allowed the Arkuhna to be so gentleman like and patient.  "Please don't mistake my concern for pestering." he mewed in an apologetic tone.

Bazira furrowed her brow as she tried to get a handle on this male's odd personality.  She rolled her eyes and gave him a mean, questioning glance.  "Well, prince charming, your concern is well misplaced." she spat with a hint of sarcasm.  "You shouldn't fixate yourself on strangers.  It's a good way to get yourself killed."

[Lvl. 4 -- 16] [Lvl. 9 -- 43]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/11/2010 5:53 AM

Sketch took a few well placed steps forward, not too close.  His tails swished anxiously behind him as he took in what she had said.  "I suppose you're right, but what's the point of living if there's no excitement in your life?" he questioned her with a smile.  He didn't exactly live life on the edge (except for right now perhaps), but he didn't lead an ordinary day-to-day life as most did.  "It's also very interesting to do.  You get to learn about others much more different than yourself.  Hence, you get to gain a sense of knowing; a sense of depth into a person's character." he mewed, taking a few more light steps.  "Perhaps even refining your own.~"

Bazira eyed the males paws at each step forward.  She smirked lightly, intrigued by his gutsiness.  She flicked a tail towards him, not as an invitation, but rather as an acknowledgement of his bravery.  'This is odd.  I sort of respect him for trying still.'  By now her anger had fizzled into strange amusement, and, for the moment, her hatred of the male kind was lost.  Now it was almost like a game of mind tag, or even a trip into a debate.  

"Understanding others is a waste of time.  It gets you nowhere, dont'cha know." she mewed, giving a coy shrug.  "Besides, life can be plenty exciting alone."  Though that was far from the truth, she said it with such faith.  She was trying to force herself into believing it; that it was all for the better in the end.  It brought up memories of love lost.  She inwardly scoffed at the old saying of it was better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all.  No.  That was a crock.  At least in the end, you wouldn't be hurt, because you would never embraced the feeling.  Her smirk fell into a frown as she let herself drift into her thoughts.

[Lvl. 4 -- 17] [Lvl. 9 -- 44]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/13/2010 10:49 PM

Sketch picked up on the slightest hesitation in her voice as she said that.  He raised an eyebrow.  It was like she was trying to force her belief into that statement.  He was right on, too.

"You can't be serious." he mewed with surprise in his voice, "No... I don't think you are." he continued in an inaudible whisper.  He didn't try to approach her any further.  It seemed both were at a comfortable distance now and he was determined to keep it that way.  Bazira looked up at him with no emotion in her usually speaking eyes.  She gave another slight shrug and sat where she stood.

"Why can't I be?  People do it all the time.  Ever heard of a hermit?" she halfway joked.  She considered herself as such ... or was that a loner?  Regardless, she tried to distance herself from anyone and everyone else.  She had built invisible walls around her for her own protection.  Her eyes flickered onto him as he seemed to mirror her and sit in place.  She gave a light chuckle and flicked a tail at him.  'Learned the boundaries, have we?' she laughed inwardly.

[Lvl. 4 -- 18] [Lvl. 10 -- 45]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/20/2010 9:16 AM

Usually Sketch would accompany her attemtped sarcastic joke with a humorus chuckled, but there was just something about her attitude about it all that came off as sad to him.  'I'm still not entirely sure what the heck happened to her but it's definitely having a strong effect...' he thought, glancing down for a moment then back up at her.

"So you never want to get close to someone?"  Her eyes locked onto his.  "No." she answered quickly.  She didn't need to think about it.  She knew it wasn't worth the risk.  "But you're missing out on a lot of wonderful things then."  His words were sincere.  He was the type of guy who just loved to be happy and see others happy.  Maybe that was why he was so drawn to her; he was determined to try and help her see the bright side.

"Pfft.  Yeah right." she scoffed madly, rolling her eyes at the thought.  "Ya'know, why are you so worried about my life anyways?"  It came out gentler than she would have liked but it was an honest answer.  She really wanted to know.  This guy wasn't fitting into the evil male picture she had created after the incident, and no amount of her pushing could mold him into it neither.  It was frustrating yet a strange relief .. in some ways.

[Lvl. 4 -- 19] [Lvl. 10 -- 46]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/25/2010 9:21 AM

As her eyes bore into his, Sketch couldn't help but smile gently.  It wasn't a mocking smile, no, more like a sympathy one if anything.  He let out a sigh and shrugged cutely.  "Why are you so worried about me worrying about you?" he smirked.

Bazira's ears shot back in annoyance.  He was dancing around the answer she so desperately wanted to know.  But, she'd never let him know just how much she wanted to know.  Her knowledge gaining tatics weren't as straight forward as his was; her preference was more of the loved saying "slow and steady wins the race", if you know what I mean.  Being secretive had definitely become one of her defining attributes.  

"Well, for one, strangers don't just go around throwing their hearts out to other strangers in the hopes of helping them."  Her brows furrowed and she turned her face away from him, though her eyes stayed glued onto his.  In her warped mind, after years of self-forced solitude, everyone was the enemy; there was no such thing as a friend and there were certainly no 'nice' people in her world.  

"And secondly, it's my life - not yours." she stated so bluntly, "You shouldn't dwell on those who ... need it not, see."  She seemed to trip over her words a bit.  For a moment, she almost said those who didn't deserve it.  She inwardly cursed herself for letting that sickly feeling of self-pity return after ages of burying it under anger and hate.  She slowly inched her eyes to the ground and bit her bottom lip nervously.

[Lvl. 5 -- 20] [Lvl. 10 -- 47]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/25/2010 9:35 AM

The smile on Sketch's face quickly turned upside down at the apparent coldness of her words.  His eyes looked her up and down a few times over in the silence.  This code was getting to be uncrackable it seemed.  He began to doubt his judgement, a rare thing.  'Maybe I shouldn't be trying to help her ... she seems solid on her dedication to this secret.' he thought.

Bazira noticed his eyes studying her and ... she didn't like it.  Her usual glare returned and she snorted stubbornly.  "What!?  Stop gawking at me!" she growled.  If there was anything more she hated then being pestered by some male, it was being read as though she was some sort of book ... and by that same male, none the less!  She wasn't a book!  Her 'cover' wasn't inviting and eye catching!  Why was he so darn interested!?  She growled again, though it took on more of a whine in the end.  He didn't seem to hede her warnings.

"Stop!" she hissed again.  Her fur began to prick.

[Lvl. 5 -- 21] [Lvl. 10 -- 48]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/28/2010 11:10 PM

Sketch jerked back in surprise at her reaction.  He had thought things had cooled down, but it seemed that she had a very spaz-like anger in her; able to burst out at any time randomly.  He shifted his gaze to a large rock to the side of her, hoping that was fine and would calm her again.  "My apologizes, but I wasn't gawking ... I mean, I wasn't meaning to." he hurriedly reworded with an apologetic tone.  He realized he had to be careful with everything he did with this one.  And he actually respected that a bit.

Bazira huffed and lessened her glare towards him.  She breathed in deeply then sighed loudly.  "Just don't ... stare at me." she mewed uncomfortably before shifting her own gaze to the ground.  "I don't like being stared at ... is all." she shrugged somewhat innocently.  She felt the need to explain her outburst, something she almost never did.  

[Lvl. 5 -- 22] [Lvl. 10 -- 49]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/05/2010 10:06 AM

Glancing up slowly, Sketch made sure to try and not have a repeat.  He was bending more to her will a bit now, if only just to lessen the tenseness and fighting between them.  Bazira met his stare once before quickly looking away.  Normally, that would hint at some sort of affection, but in her case it wasn't really ... more along the lines of ... awkward.  

She stood abruptly and looked around frantically with nervous intent.  Sketch raised a brow and mirrored her.  "Wh-what?  What's wrong?", his tone matching her actions.  "No-nothing...  It's nothing!" she growled defensively, forcing him to take a step back.  An uneasy glare was directed upon Sketch as Bazira slowly began to step backwards, back down the path.  Sketch made a move to follow, but was quickly detered by another low growl from her.  Though in her eyes, there was a glint of apology shining through.  'I can't do this.  I will NOT let myself get into such a mess again.  NEVER AGAIN!' her thoughts cried.  She spun her head around and hoped he hadn't seen her weakness showing through.  

"I ... I got to go.  Don't you dare follow me!  You hear?!" she yowled, taking off in a flat out run in the opposite direction.  Before Sketch could utter a single word, she had lunged into some thick brush further down the path out of his sight.  Mouth agape, he rushed forward but then, realizing it was a futile attempt, slowed to a stop.  

His ears fell in disappointment as he stood watching the small dust clouds dissipate bit by bit.  '...and here I thought I was finally getting through to her ... so much for progress...'  He sighed heavily, feeling all of the previous built up tension and anger he had been holding back leave his body.  Now he felt lighter and smiled softly in sad relief.  "I suppose I could follow her ... but that would probably only cause more problems for us both." he reasoned outloud before turning to go fetch his sketchpad.

As he fetched his sketchpad, he gave a final glance back down the path, in small hopes that she might have returned.  But she hadn't.  And that was fine ... for now, he guessed.  He gave a slight shrug and padded off in the other direction of the path.  He wasn't too disappointed - he had a feeling that he'd she her again one day.  Maybe not here, but somewhere he was sure.  'Until then, Bazira, until then.'

[Lvl. 5 -- 23] [Lvl. 11 -- 50]

- Sketch left the RP -
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/05/2010 11:06 AM

A bright pair of golden eyes trailed after the Arkuhna from a faraway bush.  Unknown to Sketch, Bazira hadn't completely vanished yet.  The eyes quickly disappeared back into the dark cover of the leaves with a slight rustling.

On the other side of the bush, out of sight, Bazira stood with swirling emotions and mixed feelings from this fateful meeting.  Her eyes scanned the earth below her frantically, searching for answers to her many questions swimming about in her head.  'As much as I hate to say it ... I almost wanted him to come after me ...'  And that was true; a tiny bit yearned for this strange male's company, but that small feeling alone wasn't enough.  She knew what would happen.  How could she expect anthing else to?  She would ultimately end up heartbroken and alone ... just as before.  She knew how it was.

She shook her head roughly as to try and fling that little bit of wanting from her head.  "Grah!  No!  I don't need him!  I don't want him!  Curse you heart for playing such tricks on me!" she growled, padding off from her hiding spot.

[Lvl. 5 -- 24]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/05/2010 11:31 AM

She let out another frustrated sigh as she fell back onto a dirt path that lead back to her home.  Her mind kept replaying the whole evening.  She began to regret some things she had said ... like how she loved to be alone.  Who was she kidding?  Her life was a disaster in the making.  But everyone had to live some sort of life, right?  She was just unfortunate enough to get one without many perks.  Besides, there was nothing she could really do about it now.  "Maybe I'm just one of those souls destined to be drowned in misery." she mewed depressingly.  

She snuck a final glance backwards.  "I wonder..."  She stopped for a moment.  '... I wonder if I'll ever see him again ...'  The faintest of smiles appeared for a couple of seconds before vanishing.  Up above, the serene skies of Idalani were slowly but surely fading into a glorious shade of dusky violet.  Why was it that time always flew by so quickly these days?  Her stomach growled loudly from the lack of food she'd had in months.  Somewhere in the midst of talking and arguing with Sketch, her appetite had returned.  She breathed in deeply and started in a steady run.  "Time to get some dinner~"

[Lvl. 6 -- 25]

- Bazira left the RP // RP over -
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous