Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: What am I doing here? (open)

Postby ajforpresident » 06/01/2010 9:21 AM

((School's out already for you? Lucky! I have to wait 'till the 21st! I'm leaving tomorrow for D.C. I'll try to post as much as I can today.))

"Is it too cold for you?" Lai asked. She swam around trying to get used to the cold herself. "Try swimming around. It'll probably warm you up." She then got an idea. She took a deep breath and went underwater. Lai was gone for a second, then she came back up. "Just as I thought."

She looked to Haunted and said, "Hey, Haunted! If you go underwater for a second, your body will most likely get used to the water. Why don't you try it?"

[Lai: Level 2; 8]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/03/2010 7:23 PM

Haunted paddled continuously as he tried to keep afloat. "Maybe." He muttered, her next comment startled him so much that he nearly fell over. Which is kind of weird, since he was in water. "Are you crazy?" He yelped. "That's suicide! There might be Gorgeels or Seawinders!" He shivered. "No way. I'll do a lot of things, a lot of.... unhonorable things. But I will NOT do that."

(Haunted Night: P9/L2)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 251
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/08/2010 7:17 PM

((I'm baaack! And D.C was awesome!))

Lai giggled when Haunted almost fell over. It was quite comical. "Alright, alright, fine. Be that way, mister party-pooper." Lai swam further out and said to Haunted, "See? I'm allll the way over here. Look. Nothing's happening." She went under the water again then came right back up. "No Gorgeels or Seawinders!" She smiled at Haunted. "Now come on out more so you can tell me what you meant by "unhonorable things."

[Lai: Level 2; 9]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/09/2010 9:49 PM

"I'd really rather not." Haunted muttered, but he paddled out anyways. He glanced at the water every now and then, biting his lip. His paws were getting tired, and he wasn't even halfway. So much for swimming lessons. He finally managed to get over to her. "And that, is none of your business. The past is long gone." He puffed out his chest, "This is now. And I haven't done anything lately." He turned in a circle, shaking his fur, and smiling.
(Haunted Night: P10/L3)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/10/2010 5:21 PM

Lai gave a small huff. "Fine, I won't ask anything else about your past, ok?"
When Haunted shook out his fur, he managed to splash Lai. "Hey! Cut it out, you're splashing me!" She giggled. She then splashed Haunted a little back.

Lai thought to herself, At first I thought that Haunted would be the kind of person who doesn't like company that much....but he's actually a nice person to hang around.

Lai stopped splashing then said, "Haunted, you're a really nice person. I like you." She gave him a big smile. "I don't care what you did in the past. You were right. This is now. And right now, I'm glad to have met you."
Lai then added, "C'mon. You don't seem to like the water that much, so let's get out. Luckily for you, the edge isn't that far." Lai swam over to the nearby edge and shook out her fur. She turned and motioned her head as if telling Haunted to come out too.

[Lai: Level 3; 10; Level up!!]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/10/2010 9:26 PM

"Eep!" Haunted tried to roll out of the water's reach, only to get his face drenched. He quickly rolled back over, his eyes wide. "Grr?"
Her next comment surprised him. "Wh-what? I mean... I'm not...." He fumbled for words. Thankfully, Lai was already swimming to the bank. He followed, blinking hard. "I'm not..." He repeated absently. He stepped onto the bank, biting his lip. He shook his fur, his ears flopping with his movement. "Er, thanks?"
(Haunted Night: P11/L3)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/11/2010 5:23 PM

"No problem." Lai said with a giggle. "I think it's always nice to be around a person who's kind."

Lai then flopped over on her back. She gazed at the clouds in the sky. It was almost noon. The sky was slowly losing its blue color and fading into its rosy pink shade. "I always like looking at the sky. It's beautiful how the sky changes as the days go on."

She sighed. "I especially like it during the nighttime. All those stars....just watching us." She turned to Haunted. "I feel that moments like this, just watching the beauty of things, are wonderful." Lai turned to the Cursed Albie. "Don't you think so, Haunted?"

[Lai: Level 3; 11;]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/12/2010 7:44 PM

Haunted smiled slightly. He padded over to where she lay and followed her gaze. He blinked, the sudden realization of sunlight making his eyes burn. Nausea took over burning, he sat down and stared at the ground. "Uh yeah."  
Again, that same question started to nag at him. What was he doing here? Why wasn't he off traveling towards his destination? He would've been at the volcanoes by now if he hadn't decided to stay and chat with Lai. But then again... The volcanoes would always be there, they wouldn't be going anywhere. Unless there was some major earthquake, which was very highly unlikely. Maybe he should just leave and get on with his travels, maybe he should just get on with his life. But then again, there was Lai. It was barely noon, so why did he have to leave now?
He shook his head in frustration. Why couldn't he just make up his mind?

(Haunted Night: P12/L3)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/13/2010 7:37 PM

"It's just so beautiful...." Lai stared at the sky for a bit. She started to think to herself.

I'm here with a Cursed Albie gazing at the sunset. I don't how I got from gathering herbs to meeting someone new. But I must admit, being here with another, watching the sun go down sure is kind of romantic....
Lai turned and stared at him for a second, but then quickly shook her head and looked back up at the sky.

C'mon, Lai! Stop thinking like that! He's just a friend! Just because I'm here with a guy at Idalani Falls, doesn't mean that we have to fall in love! Besides, he doesn't seem like the type of person to fall in love....

Lai sighed and turned to look at Haunted again but noticed the Albie was thinking about something so she asked, "Haunted? Are you okay? You seem lost in thought."

[Lai: Level 3; 12]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/19/2010 12:05 PM

(Eep! Sorry, this week was a busy one.)
Haunted glanced at her. "Um, yep." But the truth was, he was thinking the exact same thing. He didn't have to fall in love.... Right? He barely knew Lai, and.... The volcanoes were so close. All he had to do was leave. His face hardened, he had to leave. But that little piece of thought, the thought that said that the volcanoes would still be there, still nagged at him. He sighed and shook his head.
He looked over as she spoke. "I don't know." He muttered.
(Haunted Night: L3/P13)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/24/2010 2:50 PM

((Sooo sorry for the really late reply. My mother has complete control over my computer now, so I can't get on that much. I'll also try getting on as much as I can since I'm going to be everywhere during the summer.))

Lai looked at Haunted with a confused face. "How come?" Lai turned away and sighed as well. "Oh forget it. It's none of my business. Besides," She turned back around and smiled. "Why should I ruin this moment with all this serious talk?" She turned and faced the sky again. She thought a bit more to herself.

Why does this atmosphere feel so strange? It's a bit of an awkward moment.

((Gawd. :>_<: My muse is dying...))
[Lai: Level 3; 13]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/26/2010 2:16 PM

(It's alright. I suppose I deserve it for my disappearance.
Ew, that sucks.)

Haunted sighed, digging his paw into the ground. "Um, right." How awkward. Looking down, he decided he HAD to make up his mind... He couldn't stay here forever. Would he go on? Or would he stay? That was a stupid question, he had to go on. Sighing, he turned towards Lai. "Look, er... I have to..."

(Haunted Night: L3/P14)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 06/30/2010 4:28 PM

"You have to....what?" Lai asked. Then she realized something. Perhaps I've been taking up his time with something...I mean we've been here almost all day.

"Do you have to go?" She asked. Lai then felt a strange feeling. But...I don't want you to go.... She thought to herself. Please. Stay a little longer..... She felt as if her heart was breaking.

However, Lai didn't show it or tell how see really felt. "It's okay. It's not like we were doing something important. Besides," She got up and smiled Haunted. "I have to go back home with the herbs anyway." Even though she was smiling, it didn't seem like her regular smile. It looked forced. Then a tear started to roll down her cheek. Lai noticed it and quickily turned away. Her voice had cracked but she said, "Let's meet again ok?"

[Lai: Level 3; 14]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Almostthere » 06/30/2010 9:02 PM

Haunted felt himself wince. "Yeah... I..." He glanced at the forests beyond, "I'm going to the volcanoes. Or, at least I want too."
He shuffled his paws. It didn't feel awkward, yet, it was. A new feeling arose in him, something he had never felt before. Sorrow? Embarrassment? He couldn't tell.
He nodded. "Definitely." Pausing, he smiled. "I might be stopping in Medicai City... Maybe I'll see you there?"

(Haunted Night: L4/P15)
ImageImageImageImage

I do not own my avatar.
Almostthere
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/06/2010 3:30 PM

"S-sure." Lai said with a smile. Only this time it was a true smile. She quickily wiped away her tears and regained her self. Her tail wagged in excitement. I might be able to see Haunted again....and that makes me happy.... She thought.
"I'll tell my owner and we can meet again soon, ok?" Lai then walked over to her basket made sure she had everything, and started to go on her way.

"See ya, Haunted." And with that she ran off with her basket and left.

[Lai: Level 4; 15; Level up!!]

((Sorry for the late post! It's been busy for me lately. By the way, when would would you like them to meet in Medicai City?))
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext