Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: Finding the Lost City {P; ajforpresident and me}

Postby jobiehanna » 01/10/2012 10:43 PM

The view from above was incredible. Capsian had watched below as Una disappeared beneath the layers of clouds, and as they had gained elevation he could feel his heart beat faster with excitement. The clouds swirled around them, embracing them in their cool misty fingers. He could feel the rush of wind through his air and found himself grinning as he held onto Luc with his legs and Aqua with his arms.

He couldn't help but chuckle as Aqua let out her shout of excitement. "Wonderful, isn't it?" He smiled, lifting a hand to twirl a strand of her hair in his fingers. Her hair had wound up in his face on the way up, but he honestly didn't mind it. It did smell quite good. "Yes, much fun," he added with laughter in his voice.

The clouds swirled around the tower, giving it a misty, mysterious appearance. As Caspian looked out at the top of the tower, he was amazed. It was still the black rock, but it seemed that the roof was sprinkled with small yellow, near luminescent gems. He found it rather odd, but perhaps it had something to do with their reflective properties? He also noticed the sides of the tower had the same kinds of stones, along with a window here or there. "What are those yellow rocks for?" He called out the question to Luc, hoping the hollowheart would hear.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 02/16/2012 10:41 PM

Luc had managed to hear Capsian and responded. "They are for when the people of the Lost City would gather around at night during a special festival to celebrate the founding of the City and to be thankful for the everything this land has to offer. When the moon hits the gems just right, they send off this magnificent glow that everyone can see. The people then partake in festivities and dance, eat, drink, sing, and play the night away."
Luc then gave a toothy, dragon-like grin and added, "The gems are also used for another festival during the spring. It is called the Heart Flower festival."
Aqua tilted her head a bit and asked, "What's that festival about?"
"It's a romantic one at its best. You see, we paint the rocks a certain color and just like with the Founding Festival, the moon hits it and they glow different shades of pink, red, purple, and blue. Then the couples of the City, young and old, pick a flower that symbolizes what they feel for their partner. They exchange flowers based on the partner's appearance, what the flower symbolizes to them or just to show they care. However, t's just a single flower and not a bouquet. This symbolizes how among a dozen other flowers, that one flower was the one they chose, just like how one would choose a partner over a million others."
"That sounds quite sweet and romantic."
"Yes. But it hasn't been around that long as the Founding Festival which started over 500 years ago. And the stones have been there even longer than that! No one knows where they came from or how they got here and why they do what they do. But, we all are grateful for it." Luc added with a chuckle.
"Wow....this place sure is full of wonders." Aqua said with a look at the tower. "But, why are there stones embedded in the Tower too?"
"Ah. Those were to light the way for our ships and visitors so they could always find the City. We'd heat up the stones and they'd give a powerful light. But alas, we have not used those stones in years...."
"Oh....I'm sorry to hear that." Aqua said, giving a disappointed look.

"It's quite alright. Besides, it is the past. All that matters now, is our future." Luc said. "Now, let's get back to solid ground then, shall we?"
Luc then started to glide down to back to land. Aqua just simply looked back at the tower as they left, and smiled without another word. When they came back down, Una was waiting patiently, tail curled around her.
"So," She said with a knowing smile. "How was your flight?"

[Aqua: Level 15; 85]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/04/2012 7:07 PM

Caspian listened intently as the hollowheart told the story of the stones. He thought of what flower he would use for Aqua. But he really didn't know that many flowers. He knew basic flowers, like roses and daisies, but Aqua was much more special than a daisy or rose. He couldn't express his love of her with such a common flower anyway. She was way too special for that. Feeling romantic, he kissed Aqua's cheek gently.

"Yeah, that's really wonderful," Caspian said as he came out of his thoughts. He would never have thought a bunch of rocks like these would be so special.

When they reached the ground Caspian dismounted first and offered his hand to Aqua. He smiled at her and waited for her to take his hand. Once she was safely on the ground he turned to Una. "Quite wonderful, actually," he said happily. "The view is amazing."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 03/12/2012 8:24 PM

Aqua felt Caspian kiss her and she gave a slight flush. He really was the sweet one....not that Aqua minded, though.

As they landed back to Una, Caspian offered his hand to Aqua for him to help her down. She gladly took it and stepped down carefully.
Una asked how the flight was and Aqua nodded, saying, "Breathtaking. It was an amazing thing, seeing the top of the tower up there. I'm really glad I got to see this place."
Aqua gave a smile. "The Lost City is truly a sight and place to behold."
Una chuckled. "Glad you approve." The Tavil looked up at the sky. It was getting late; the sun was starting to set.
"Well, that's a nuisance. You two should be getting back home, am I right? The sun is setting and you've been gone for a while. It's at least been two or three days. Your families must be worried."
"Well...." Aqua began. "I'm not ready to leave just yet. I really would like to stay a bit longer."
Then she gave a solemn look and added, "But I have been gone for a while. Not to mention I haven't even contacted my friends and family to tell them I'm alright. They have to be worried sick by now...."
She looked up at Caspian and asked, "What do you think we should do?"

[Aqua: Level 15; 86]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/19/2012 9:48 PM

Caspian took Aqua's hand to help her down. Once she was down he looked toward the sky as well, noticing the sunset. It was beautiful really. Purples, pinks and blues were mixed together with a yellow sun. At Aqua's question he glanced at her. Well, it had been a while since he'd been home, but no one would be missing him. They new he disappeared for days without notice. He shrugged his shoulders, "Well, it doesn't really matter to me," he said. "Whatever you want to do," he added with a small smile. "Honestly, the people back home know me, I disappear for days without notice, it's usual for me. I wouldn't mind staying longer, this city really is beautiful, but..." He shrugged again. "Whatever you'd like," he mumbled in addition.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 03/21/2012 7:06 PM

Aqua thought for a while. This place was truly wonderful; everyone she had met on the way was amazing. From Caspian to Una to Luc to Caspian to Noh to Atuf to Caspian to Fahd to Caspian....Did she already say Caspian?

Aqua then looked at Caspian with a smile and said, "Let's stay for a while longer."
Una stared at Aqua with a look of worry. "Are you sure? You don't need to stay in the Lost City forever."
Luc nodded. "That's true. And you don't need to stay here to be with Caspian." Aqua simply shook her head. "That's okay," She said. "I like it here. It's beautiful and it's a place full of wonder. I've honestly never met a place like this."
Aqua looked up at the sky; the mixture of colors fading away to a dark navy blue. Little shining, white stars started to appear in the sky, seeming to wink at the group. The Hydrokuhna sighed contently.
"Yeah, it's okay. If anything, I'll send a message to them to tell them I'm okay."
Una heaved a deep, heavy sigh. "Alright then. You may stay. Just get a message to your families as soon as possible, okay? I really don't want to have tons of people come searching for you...."
Aqua nodded and said, "Mm-hm. Luc, could you do me a favor?"
"Why of course, Miss Aqua."
"Might you, Una, or someone else be able to send a message to me and Caspian's families? Just to tell them we're alright."
Luc nodded and rumbled, "Of course, my dear. Tell me the location and I'll be on my way. Una will look over things here, right?"
Una grumbled, "I don't see why I have to watch over when it's your job to stay in the city...."
"Please, Una?" Aqua pleaded. "I'm just asking for this one favor. Please?"
"Uggggggghhhhhhh......Fine. Just be quick, Luc. And you two tell him where you all live so he can get on with it." Una rolled her eyes and twitched her tail in irritation.

(EDIT: Do you mind using Luc for this next part where he goes off to the families? Just so we can keep this moving. :) Also, I think we might start wanting to wrap this up.))
[Aqua: Level 15; 87]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/23/2012 5:07 PM

((I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this. It fell to the back of my mind once again. :( I'll try to get it wrapped up as soon at possible then, I suppose. :P I'll take over over for Luc for this post then.))

Caspian couldn't keep the smile from his face. He was going to stay here for a little while longer! He wrapped his arm around Aqua, he wanted to kiss her again! He chuckled, "Okay, um," he wasn't entirely sure how to give directions to Luc. But once he finally had them, he told them to the giant lizard.

Luc nodded his head, memorizing the locations and messages the pair gave him for the delivery. "I'll be back as soon as I can," he assured them. He nodded to Una. "Thank you again, you are truly a life saver," he said to her with a genuine smile. Then he lifted into the air to go off to deliver the messages.

Once Luc was gone, Caspian turned to Aqua. "So what's the on the agenda now, love?" He said with a smile and a peck on her cheek.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 10/24/2012 3:52 PM

((That's okay.  :) I don't mind. As long as it gets done, I'm fine~))

After Caspian told Luc the directions to where he lived, Aqua gave her directions to the Hollowheart and after keeping in mind the two different sets if directions, he was ready to get back up in the air and flying off to their homes to send the news.

Una simply gave a grunt at Luc's thanks and but then murmured quickly, "Just get back safe....." As soon as that was said, he was up and off.

"Thank you, Luc!" Aqua shouted, as she watched him soar away. The trio watched silently until he was out of sight.
Caspian then asked what was next on the list for their time together, giving Aqua a quick peck on the cheek.
She giggled giggled and said, "Wherever you'd like. It's only fair we go places you'd like to go too. Besides, this was originally your dream. Plus,"
The Hydrokuhna grabbed hold of Caspian's hand, looked into his eyes gently and said softly. "I'm happy just following you around and being by your side." Aqua then stood up on her toes a bit and kissed Caspian on his cheek as well.

"UGGGGGGHHHHH....." Una groaned loudly, covering her head with her paw. "I seriously hope you two aren't gonna be the mushy, lovey-dovey couple the entire time you're here!"

Aqua laughed and replied, "I don't know, Una. I mean we both love each other soooooooooooo much......." She gave a teasing tone to the "so" and winked at Caspian. "And it'll be really hard to tone it down..........."

The old Tavil sighed and muttered, "Please stop messing with me......."
Aqua couldn't help but laugh again. She was honestly happy again. After all that time of being alone, she now had friends and a person who finally loved her. TRULY loved her.

It was the best thing to happen to Aqua.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/24/2012 8:21 PM

"Yes, thank you," Caspian called out to Luc as he flew away. He could only hope that the hollowheart had heard him.

Caspian winked back at Aqua, drawing her closer against him. "Yes, soooo hard," he said with a chuckle of his own. It was comforting that Aqua would follow him wherever he wanted to go in the Lost City, but he wanted to make sure she enjoyed herself. "Well, um, I guess we could eat something?" He said the phrase as a question, not sure if she was hungry at all. It had just dawned on him that they had not eaten much that day. "And then I guess we could look around and stuff?"

He glanced at Una, as if okaying it with her as well. "Would it be alright if we rested here the night, and left when the sun is back up? I don't want to get lost in the dark," he said with a shrug.

((Okay, I understand. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 12/03/2012 11:31 PM

((HOMG, I am so sorry for how extremely late this is, it's not even funny! DX ))

Aqua nodded, "Yes, let's go out and eat something." She grinned and her face seemed to glow with a radiance that only true joy and elation could bring.
"Say, Una," she turned to look at the Tavil. "Might you have a place we could got to eat and and a place to stay for the night?"

"Of course," Una replied. "I can get you two something. I'll also let you stay in my old home. It's still in decent condition for when I do stay there. Most of the time I'm out guarding the way to the Lost City. So you can rent it for the night or however long you plan on staying here, I guess."

Aqua grinned. "Thank you, Una. You really are kind." Una gave a snort at the comment.
"Can you lead the way?"
The Tavil couldn't help but give another snort. "Well, yeah. I mean, you don't know your way around the Lost City like I do, right?"
Una then started to lead them towards their destination.
What many new places and sights that were in store for the new couple, was unknown. All that was known was that the two would make the best of it together.

((Sooooo..... should your post be the final one then?  :D )
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/10/2012 10:41 PM

Caspian just smiled and followed after Una. He kept a hold of Aqua's hand as they walked, pointing out things he saw that were interesting along the way. It was so exciting to have his one dream come true. But the best part was that he found love along the way.

Once they reached their destination, Caspian thanked Una profusely. He couldn't express enough gratitude. He wasn't sure what the next few days would hold, but he knew it was going to be a great few days at least. He was with Aqua, and he was in a place he never thought he'd be. With a smile, he kissed Aqua on the cheek. "I'm so glad I met you," he said with a wink.

((It's okay! :) And yeah, I guess I'll wrap it up. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items