Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Finding the Lost City {P; ajforpresident and me}

Postby jobiehanna » 07/14/2010 8:07 PM

Caspian had been traveling for days now. He was worn out from the journey he was on. He was searching for the Lost City. He had heard rumor of it when he was in Jawan, and looked up the subject in the library. He had read about it there as well. That was when he was sure it existed and he wanted to find it. He had torn a map out of a library book to take with him to easier find the city. That was when he had been kicked out of the library. He gathered his supplies and set out.
He didn't want to find it because he was greedy, but because he, well, he wasn't sure why he wanted to find it. Perhaps it was the thrill of the adventure. As he walked along the path he noticed that the sun was going down. He sighed. It was time to make camp for the night.
He settled down beside a stream. Then he set up a small fire to cook some fish on. As the fire grew, he stepped into the stream to catch a fish or two. He ended up catching two nice sized fish. They would be enough for a nice sized meal. He was so hungry. He was setting the fish to cook over the fire when he heard a rustle in the bushes. He looked behind him and didn't see anything. He was a little spooked, but he turned back to the fire and finished cooking the fish. Just then he heard another rustle. "Who's there?" he called into the darkness.
{1.1}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Finding the Lost City {P; ajforpresident and me}

Postby ajforpresident » 07/15/2010 6:57 PM

Hydrokuhna

"Why am I here?" Aqua asked herself, as she walked around Idalani Falls. "I mean Aj did tell me to go see where Lai was since she was a little late coming home from here. But why me of all people? I don't know what could happen and I'm not that brave to take care of it myself. Besides," She suddenly stopped walking. It brings back some memories I don't want to remember....

She then started a flashback of when she was last at the Falls. She had met someone. Someone who was nice to her. She had fallen in love with that person and they had fallen in love with her. But for a while, after they had met, they hadn't seen or contacted each other. Aqua was sad that her love hadn't spoken to her in so long. Then one day, she got a letter from him saying to meet him someplace. Aqua had went, excited to see her mate, but she had waited all day to see him and he didn't show up. Heartbroken, she went back home. She cried for days and didn't come out of her room for weeks.

Aqua shook her head and drifted back to reality. "Oh, I need to stop thinking about it! It's just going to make me more upset." Then a smell wafted to her nose. It was the smell of smoke and fish cooking. Her stomach growled. "That smells so good....I forgot to eat back home." Her feet carried her to where the scent was coming from. It carried her near a bush and she stopped there. She moved around which caused the leaves of the bush to rustle. Outside the bush, she saw a dark-haired  male kuhna cooking fish. She couldn't tell what he was since she never saw his kind of species. She moved closer to get a better look which caused the bush to rustle again. Uh oh... she thought. "Who's there?" she heard the kuhna call. She caught his attention. Aqua's shy girl instincts quickly came up. She slowly moved away, rustling the bush, and tried to get away without getting caught by the male.

[Aqua: Level 5; 26]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/15/2010 7:13 PM

Caspian listened for a response. None came. He nearly shrugged the sound off, but heard it yet again. This time it seemed to be moving away. He spun around to see a blue flash in the bush. That was unusual. "Who's there?" he called again before standing up. Maybe it was just a figment of his imagination, he was really tired.
Despite his hunger and tiredness he decided to investigate the noise anyway. He couldn't resist a mystery. He left the fire as was, because it was dying down, and he figured it wouldn't catch on anything nearby. He stood up and stretched his legs before starting out after the noise. He tried to stay as quiet as possible, hoping he wouldn't scare the creature away. He followed the sound of rustling leaves. The scent left behind was very, very faint, kind of like a hydrokuhna's. He only knew this because the hydrokuhnas back at his place of residence didn't have much of a scent. He figured it was because water generally didn't have a scent.
As he got closer to the scent and and rustling of leaves, the scent got stronger, letting him know it was a female. Maybe she was afraid of him. "It's okay, I won't hurt you," he said into the fading light, hoping the female would hear him and stop. He really wasn't a frightening guy.
{1.2}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/01/2010 12:27 AM

((Sorry for late reply. The internet was down for while. I also had to do this real late at night, soooo.....I guess that's what happens when you can't sleep. XD))

Aqua heard the voice, slowly looked up, and wound up face to face with the male. She gave a small squeak. "Eeep..." She quickly got up and said, "I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to sneak up on you." She kept her gaze down and didn't look at the male at all. "I really am sorry. I had smelt fish and I just was curious as to who was cooking." She gave a nervous laugh, then her stomach made a low growl. Aqua blushed. "S-sorry." She said. "I haven't eaten yet."

[Aqua: Level 5; 27]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/01/2010 3:21 PM

One minute, Caspian was looking at a bush, the next, he was face to face with a hydrokuhna. His eyes widened and he took a step back. He wasn't one to get up close and personal into someone's face, unless it was by accident. The corrupt kuhna offered a friendly smile and a paw to help the female up.
"It's alright," he said. "You just frightened me a little bit, I'm glad your not some big creature that's come to eat me." Caspian said with a chuckle. "I'm Caspian," he added. "You can join me, if you like, I've got plenty." He offered another smile. This poor gal seemed really uncomfortable. He hoped he wasn't making it worse for her.
{1.3}

((It's alright. :)))
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/07/2010 1:12 PM

Aqua gave a nervous smile back at Caspian, gratefully took his paw and got up. "Y-yeah, I'd be scared too if someone came up behind me." She brushed the dirt off of herself and then sat with her tails wrapped around her. "Nice to meet you, Caspian. I'm Aqua."

When Caspian offered some fish Aqua looked a little uncertain. "It's okay if I can have fish with you? I mean I don't want to seem rude." She looked at the fish and then at Caspian. She went over to the fire and picked one of them. It was a little warm but it didn't burn her. Aqua laid the fish down, looked at Caspian and said softly, "Thank you."

[Aqua: Level 5; 28]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/13/2010 11:39 AM

"You're welcome," the corrupt kuhna said as he walked over to the fire and took the other fish. He sat down beside the hydrokuhna and set the fish on the ground at his feet. "It's nice to meet you, Aqua," he said with a small smile before leaning down and taking a bit out of the fish. It was a little bland, on account that he didn't have any seasonings, but other than that he found it rather tasty. "Not half bad," Caspian mumbled as he took another bit from the fish.  
When he finished he dug a hole to but the bones in. He didn't want to step on it or lay down on it when he went to sleep. That wouldn't be too comfortable. He dropped the bones into the hole and licked his lips. He left the hole open for when Aqua was done. "You can put the bones in here when your done," he said as he watched her eat her fish. He felt odd for watching her, but she was interesting to watch. He had never actually been with any of the hydrokuhnas back at the pen, so he was rather entranced by the way the water seemed to move around her body.
{1.4}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/16/2010 7:15 PM

Aqua continued to eat the fish. It was quite tasty to her. When she had finished, she looked at the hole that Caspian had put his fish bones and followed suit. Then she had noticed that the Corrupt Kuhna was staring at her, obviously interested in something. She blushed heavily and asked, "W-what is it? Why are you staring at me?" Aqua wasn't used to people who stared at her. It made her feel like she was exposed.

She quickly looked away, still blushing. "S-so why are you here in Idalani?" She tried to start a conversation to get the awkwardness to fade. Plus, she was interested in Caspian and why he was here alone.

[Aqua: Level 5; 29]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/16/2010 9:27 PM

Caspian could feel heat rising up to his face, making him blush, though it was rather hard to see it beneath his black fur. He diverted his eyes from Aqua, he hadn't realized that she might be uncomfortable with him staring at her. "I was, just, uh, admiring your fur," he said. "I've never seen anything like it." He smiled, though a little awkwardly.

The corrupt kuhna was thankful that Aqua had changed the conversation, so very thankful. "I came here to discover the lost city," he said. "I've read that it is hidden here, in Idalani." He paused, gathering his words. "I know it sounds ridiculous, but I just know it's out there, and I'm gonna find it," he added fervently, voice filled with passion. His eyes sparkled with passion as well. He now looked back at Aqua, waiting for her response.
{2.5}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/17/2010 11:50 AM

"You like my fur?" Aqua asked, curious as to why. "Well, thank you. I like yours too." She accepted the compliment and returned Caspian's awkward smile with a small one of her own.

At Caspian's comment on a "lost city", it perked Aqua's curiosity. "There's a lost city here? I never knew that. I mean I know I've only been here once...." Her mind wandered to her mate and the day they met here and gave a sad sigh. Then she realized that Caspian was still there and quickily added, "....But I don't remember anything about a lost city. It sounds interesting."
So interesting that I want to go. Aqua thought to herself. She shook her head. No! I'll just be a nuisance to Caspian. I'll probably slow him down..... But, it probably won't hurt to ask.....

Aqua then got out of her thoughts and asked, "Caspian? Would you perhaps...care for some company on your way to the lost city?"

[Aqua: Level 6; 30; Level up!!]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/17/2010 9:20 PM

"Yes, I do," Caspian said with a smile. He hoped that she had liked the compliment. "Thanks," he said when she told him she liked his fur. Though he wondered why she liked his. It was nothing spectacular.

"Yeah," Caspian said, answering her first question. He listened to what she said, taking in her words. He was a little surprised that she had asked to come with him. Pleasantly surprised in fact. He smiled at her once more. "I wouldn't mind at all," he said. "I would love some company." He covered up the hole with dirt. The small fire was almost gone. "But we need to sleep," he said. "Tomorrow is going to be a really long day if we don't sleep tonight." He hoped Aqua wouldn't take his suggestion the wrong way. The corrupt kuhna yawned, expressing how tired he was. "I'm exhausted," he said, laying down on the leaf littered ground. He laid his head on his paws, waiting for Aqua to decide what she wanted to do.
{2.6}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/19/2010 10:39 AM

"Really? You'll let me come with you?" Aqua asked, excited and shocked at the same time. "Thank you! I really appreciate it."

Aqua nodded her head at thought of going to sleep and then gave a slight yawn after Caspian. "Wow. Yawns really are contagious aren't they?" She said, with a joking smile. She then laid down, curled her tails around her and laid her head down. She was kind of tired.

Before she closed her eyes, she said, "Goodnight, Caspian."

[Aqua: Level 6; 31]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/23/2010 8:25 PM

Caspian smiled. "Good night, Aqua," he said softly before closing his eyes. He fell asleep almost immediately.

Caspian was awoken by the sun shining through the trees. He opened his eyes and say the bright rays shining down. He had slept in longer than he had wanted to. Oh well. He stood up, stretching his legs and yawning once more, stretching the muscles. Then the corrupt kuhna tapped Aqua on the shoulder. "Time to get up sleepyhead," he said with a chuckle. The hydrokuhna seemed so nice, and she had a rather cute manner, the way she responded to some of the things he said. He hoped she would be able to handle the trek ahead.
{2.7}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/24/2010 11:50 AM

Aqua felt a light tap on her shoulder and her eyelids fluttered open. "Hmmmm? Morning already?" She slowly got up and stetched, gave a big yawn and said with tired eyes, "Good morning, Caspian."

She took a deep breath savoring the smell of fresh air. She missed going out sometimes. She had been so cooped up in the house that she almost forgot what it felt like to be this free. She cleaned herself up a bit; she had slept in dirt and moss so her watery pelt had gotten a bit dirty. After that she took another deep breath and said, "Today looks beautiful, don't you think?

"So, you ready for the adventure?" She asked with a small, cheerful smile.

[Aqua: Level 6; 32]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/10/2010 8:41 PM

"It does," the corrupt kuhna said with a smile. He blinked his eyes in the bright light as his eyes adjusted. Caspian shook himself; at last the sleepiness of teh night went away. He hadn't realized how tired he was.

"Yup," he said. "I sure am." He looked around him. Which way was it again? He looked at the map that had lain discarded on the ground. He turned it until it was right side up. "North," he said out loud. "We'll have to head north. This way," he said, starting off through the forest. It was dense and hard to manage, such a hassle. He cleared the path ahead as best he could for Aqua. "You coming?" he called over his shoulder with an encouraging smile.
{2.8}

((Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I don't remember another point in my life when I've been so busy. o_O It's been hectic for me lately... sorry again. Also, sorry if my post is a little everywhere... or whatever...  :shy: ))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items