Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

The Midsummer Ball!

Postby SpringsSong » 07/21/2010 12:24 AM

"It's not that I have a problem being here, it's just that I don't want to be here, Freewind.  I'm not a dancer, I'm a racer!  Racers don't freaking dance!"

The female human-form Lucain that said this was quite adamant in her protests, trying her best not to be dragged by the butterfly-winged woman who was accompanying her.  This woman had black hair with vibrant green streaks in it; in fact, the streaks matched the color of her wing membranes almost to the tee.  She glared back at her friend, shaking her head.

"Kina, you are going to stay here and you are going to have fun, or else..."

"Or else what, Wind?" the Lucain retorted as she sat down at a table, a scowl on her face.

"I'll take your blades."

That was nearly enough to get Kinasha to shut her mouth.  She was adamant about not being here, but if it meant not having Freewind take her blades from her, then she would force herself to have fun, she guessed.

Some ways away from the two women, a Cursed Yonyuu stood--well, a human-formed one; the only part of him that looked cursed were his wings, which had the orange glow about them.  The rest of him--okay, parts of him--were distinctly mechanical, however.  One of his eyes clicked and whirred as it focused on the two speed skaters, and then, it drifted off around the rest of the premises.  Whoever had planned this had set up this little area of Idalani perfectly for a Ball, much like the one he had attended in February.

...why the hell had he gone to that, anyways?

Calamaethor, Kinasha, and Freewind all looked around, taking in the scenery around them as they marveled in the area where the Ball was set to be, none of them saying much of anything right then.

[1.2][1.2][1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: The Midsummer Ball!

Postby SoulStar » 07/21/2010 12:57 AM

nydanaa

Nydanaa was in her human form, just because she didn't feel like weaving through all the human looking creatures and being mostly ignored. This neko form was actually kind of uncomfortable for the hydrokuhna; she wasn't used to having two legs. She daintily sipped her drink as she surveyed the area, searching for anyone of remote interest. Idalani Falls had been completely redecorated, and Nylanaa liked it. The lanterns, the numerous other things that hung off the trees. The people chattered and laughed too. The atmosphere was comfortable, laid back, and fun. This was going to be fun.

[1/5]
It's been years since your body went flat
And even memories of that are thick and dull, all gravel and glass
But who needs them now?
Displaced they're easily more safe
The worst of it now: I can't remember your face

Return

For a while, with the vertigo cured
We were alive, we were pure
The void took the shape of all that you were
But years take their toll, and things get bent into shape...
Antiseptic and tired, I can't remember your face

Return

You were supposed to grow old
Reckless, frightened, and old

Return, you were supposed to return

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Clickables Zoo Pen Templates
SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 96
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/21/2010 1:19 AM

A ball. Ravustrauxa - Raven, for short, had forseen that this would be great fun. Relationships hung delicately, forming or not on such simple little things such as a smile or a touch on the shoulder. She loved watching things form or whither, die or live. Time was hers to Observe through her creation, but she wished to go on her own to see this one.

Was that a neko? She'd met a neko once, but he had been male; he had been looking for help with his newly-born bleeder. She navigated to the general area without actually speaking to her. If she had anything to say she'd say something. Raven poured herself a fine glass and carefully sipped it, waiting for something to happen.

(introducing Moony and Ent later <3)

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

1.1, 1.1, 1.1

Postby clackno1 » 07/21/2010 1:28 AM

"Come on Mitch, at least try to have some fun." The first human form Lucain said to his companion. The second Lucain, Mitch, just sighed. "I came, Kal, now let it go." he grumbled. He obviously didn't want to be there. Kaleb sighed and leaned against a tree. Mitch shot him a glance. "Don't you dare get that suit dirty. No grass stains, nothing, not a spot." he growled and adjusted his own tie. Just because he didn't want to be there didn't mean he didn't want to look good. he kept his hands in his pockets and tried to look closed off. Mitch tried to imagine being back at the rink since that's where he most wanted to be and where Kaleb had dragged him from right before this. It hadn't been easy, though. "Dang, ice hurts." Kaleb mumbled and rubbed his shoulder, almost reading his friend's thoughts.

Marie sat under a couple of lanterns, her legs criss-crossed under the pale pink dress. The eight-year-old watched the gentle glow of the lights in the trees, her fairy wings blowing in the wind. They weren't real, of course. She never showed her real wings in public, that would be crazy. Fake wings were much more appropriate, especially of a girl her age, or the age she looked. Her blond curls were held out of her eyes with a pink ribbon, slightly darker than her dress. There was barely anyone there, a few women and a man. Nothing too fun yet.

(Aah~ Mitch is so cute <3)

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

[1.4][1.4][1.4]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/21/2010 9:43 AM

"Dang, ice hurts."

Almost as soon as both Freewind and Kinasha heard this, they looked up from their drinks that they had gotten and looked around, trying to think of who could have said that.  When Freewind's eyes fell on the two male Lucain, she couldn't help but grin.  When Kinasha saw this, though, she almost instantly stood up, shaking her head.

"Oh, no you don't, Wind," she said.  "Don't even think about--"

"Excuse me," the female Paragon said as she approached Mitch and Kaleb.  "My friend and I couldn't help but overhear your last comment about ice there." She pointed towards Kinasha, who tried her best to look like she wasn't going to strangle Freewind when this was over.  "So... I cannot help but ask, are either of you ice elementals, or, maybe... ones whose sport requires a set of skates and a lot of practice and determination?"

Jozite, my guardian, when I get out of here... remind me to stress to Freewind that I am not a social butterfly, Kinasha thought to herself, trying not to look back up at her friend.

Calamaethor, on the other hand, had noticed a few of the other arrivals; the Hydrokuhna and the other Lucain--yes, even the little eight-year-old girl with the fairy wings that he could tell were fake.  Wings, after all, did not blow like that in the wind.  They just didn't.  He wasn't interested in any of the others that had arrived thus far, and he wasn't really intent on being interested right now.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/21/2010 11:16 AM

Alexia glanced around her at the various people standing around her. Goo thing she had decided to go in her human form. Her light blonde hair was pulled back into a slightly fancy up-do, but the shorter strands had managed to get get out and hung around her slightly tanned face. She wore a simple light violet dress. It was long enough that it just covered her knees. Her hisper, Claude, had decided to stay home and allow her some time by herself. She didn't like not having anyone to talk to. She sighed and looked around her. No one here seemed that interesting yet. She walked over to the refreshment stand and got herself a cup of whatever was in the bowl. She stood there and sipped the cool liquid. Whatever it was, it tasted delicious!

Mars ran a hand through his white hair as he waited for Chrissy to show up. She had said she'd meet him there, though he would have preferred bringing her hear himself. Soon he saw her coming his way in a rather glittery, slimming blue dress. Her blonde hair was down, the way he liked it. As she neared him a smiled crossed her face. "Hey there," Chrissy said. "I've missed you." Mars smiled back at Chrissy. He wrapped his arms around her  in a big hug. "I've missed you too, beautiful." Chrissy smiled and hugged Mars back. They seemed to be the first couple to arrive that had come together.  

{1.1} {34.169} {1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

1.2, 1.2, 1.2

Postby clackno1 » 07/21/2010 12:12 PM

Kaleb looked up as the human form Lucain and Paragon approached. Mitch was thinking--no, hoping, that they were talking to someone else. He did look up at the question that was obviously directed at them. He shot a small glance at Kaleb. Mitch did want to be polite and he wasn't one for lying but if the other Lucain insisted on answering for him that was something else.

"Mitch here is a pro figure skater." Kal said as he pulled his friend out from his spot on the edge of the clearing. Mitch sighed. It looked like he wasn't getting out of this one so easily. He tried to put a lighter expression and took his hands out of his pockets to make himself seem a bit more open. "Uh, hi." he said and tried for a smile. It almost felt like the other Lucain was trying to show him off. He'd have to get Kaleb for that later.

Marie sighed. This was boring with so few people. She put her hand down on the grass and watched as four small flowers grew in between her fingers. Maybe more would show up. It was a ball, there were supposed to be a lot of people.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/21/2010 2:14 PM

nydanaa

Nydanaa's tail flicked as she continued searching the room for something interesting. Nothing much, so far. Oh, except for the lucian standing near her. The hydrokuhna came slightly closer, to where you could talk comfortably. "Hello, I'm Nydanaa." She smiled pleasantly. "And you are?" The lucian seemed like she would provide some decent conversation for a while. Maybe until someone else showed up... But Nydanaa needed to focus on the girl for now. Her ear twitched.

[2/5]
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/21/2010 2:34 PM

Oh, so the Kuhna did feel like talking? That was a relief. "My mom named me Ravustrauxa...but I like being called Raven, Ravustrauxa is a big of a mouthful." The kuhna seemed nice enough, more interesting than any of the others, anyhow. She'd seen a couple familiar names on the attendance list - Moonlight had been a colleague of hers before the unfortunate incident that left her normal - but it was better to meet new people.

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

[1.6][1.6][1.6]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/21/2010 2:51 PM

"Oh, a pro figure skater?" Freewind asked in obvious interest, beckoning to Kinasha to come over.  The other was evidently far from interested in conversation, but at the mention that he was a figure skater, she couldn't help but be mildly interested.  "Kina and myself, here, are on the speed skating circuit.  I'm the long track skater, and Kina's the short track one."

"Yes, Wind, and I'd thank you to leave my little incident out of the picture, if you don't mind," Kinasha said sharply, but Freewind merely laughed.

"I'm Freewind, and Miss Snappy here is Kinasha.  She's not normally like this at first blush; she is just convinced that she sucks at dancing."

"Well, I do!" Kinasha said.  "Racers don't dance!"

Meanwhile, Calamaethor's eyes were drawn to the Violet Ancient, but he didn't make any moves yet--other than a move to the punch bowl to get a drink for himself.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/21/2010 3:05 PM

nydanaa

Nydanaa blinked. That was a long name. "Indeed. Well, Raven, nice to meet you." She sipped her drink. Absently, she once more looked around the room. It was seeming to become more of a habit than just a simple action. She saw a few more male and female lucians, a cupid tricky child, and a draculi couple. Hm. This could get odd, she'd have to say.

[3/5]
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/21/2010 4:14 PM

The male stood up straight, feeling proud. He loved getting all dressed up for things. He smiled to the female that clung to his arm. The two walked in together, looking like a royal couple. The female smiled at the wonderful place and all the people that were already there. She couldn't wait to meet someone new.
"So Liaison, what do you want to do first?" The male asked, looking to her.
She shrugged and let go of the males arm.
"Not sure what there is to do here." She replied. "We'll have to find out."
She walked forward, taking the lead. She didn't walk like a proper lady, taking steps more like she had a pair of boots on. The male shook his head, why did Liaison come if she wasn't going to act girly? Liaison looked back to him and noticed his displeased expression.
"Oh shut up, I can act however I want." She said, putting her hands to her hips.
The male didn't have to say anything, she could just read him. Liaison ran over and got herself a drink, not waiting another moment. The male scoffed, she couldn't act like a proper lady if her life depended on it. Liaison just turned and gave him an angry look, then sipped her drink.
"You know, you worked so hard on that makeup and now your ruining it." He sighed.
She looked at him again.
"Shut up Crein!" She shouted, but not enough to disturb the others.

(( Click for human forms and outfits oPo ))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

1.3, 1.3, 1.3

Postby clackno1 » 07/21/2010 5:17 PM

Mitch shrugged. He didn't find it that amazing. He found fighter jet pilots much more interesting than a figure skater. He actually genuinely smiled when they mentioned they were into speed skating. At least they had something to talk about there. "Ever been to the Olympics?" he said, trying to continue the conversation. There was no chance he was letting it die to an awkward silence.

"I'm Mitch, that's Kaleb." Mitch said, motioning to the male Lucain next to him. Kaleb raised a hand in greeting. "It's a pleasure." he chimed in.

Marie finally stood up and made her way to the refreshment table where she poured herself a cup of punch and looked through the snacks that were set out. She smelled the liquid in her cup, checking for signs of alcohol. Well, at least it wasn't spiked. It looked bad for an eight-year-old to drink alcohol but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy. She just had to be careful of the amount.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.8][1.8][1.8]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/21/2010 5:44 PM

"Yep, I've been to the Olympics, and so's Kina," Freewind said, smiling.  "Although... her road there was a little harder than mine."

"Yes, Wind; thank you, I'll tell my own story," Kinasha said, her voice gaining a bit of a lighter tone as she turned back to Mitch.  "First, I'm the youngest person on my team--eighteen.  Second, I almost didn't survive the trials--quite literally."

Calamaethor noticed the young girl taking a drink from the table, and he quickly looked around for any signs of guardians of sorts for her.  When he saw none, he shrugged; after all, in his kingdom, children were allowed to consume mild amounts of alcohol when water was in scarse supply.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

1.4, 1.4, 1.4

Postby clackno1 » 07/21/2010 6:10 PM

18 was an impressive age to go into the Olympics. Kinasha was a little older than Kal, he was only 17. Mitch was 19 but closer to twenty since that was in a few months. "What do you mean?" Kal exclaimed. What could have happened on an ice rink to get her close to death? Did she fall and crack her head open or something? That wasn't a good image, blood everywhere. Ugh.

"Accident with the skates?" Mitch guessed. A lot can happen in speed skating in less than a second. Someone could stumble and take three other racers with them and that wasn't the best situation to be in with all those sharp blades flying.

Marie downed the drink, tasting multiple types of fruit and garnishes. It was certainly tropical. Maybe she had been wrong about the absence of alcohol in the drink. She was already feeling a little fuzzy. She choked back a giggle and carefully placed the cup back on the table before taking a chocolate covered pretzel. She was a fairy in a human form so it wouldn't effect her for long but with the age of the form she still needed something to balance it out and absorb it to keep too much from entering her blood stream. Marie bent down to touch the ground and a small plant started to grow. It bloomed a bright pink lily that would go great with her dress. She picked the lily and started fastening it to the bow in her hair as she went back to her spot under the lanterns.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next