Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

[2.2][2.2][2.2]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/22/2010 1:40 PM

"Yes, I'm still skating," Kinasha said, dipping her head slightly.  "Wind can tell you, at first, I was scared as heck to get back out on the ice after my incident.  But... in the long run, if I had stopped skating... there's nothing else that I could have done.  Never really got into music much, and any of the friends that I had would have never let me rest if I quit just because of this.  I mean, one does not go to the Olympic Trials and qualify for all their events only to quit because of an injury.  I'm just lucky that the Trials were as far out from the start day as they were."

Here, though, she scoffed.  "Pretty much my entire existence has been skating.  My parents got me started at an early age, and it caught on and never let go.  I never went to a single dance in my entire time in high school, and I don't plan on going to many in college.  Freewind only got me out here 'cause she threatened to take my blades and hide them for at least a month."

Freewind chuckled as her friend said this, but she was honestly more interested in looking around at the rest of the people there.  Unfortunately, it didn't look like there were many males that caught her interest or looked interested in her presently.

Calamaethor couldn't help but give the male Lucain a dark look, quickly throwing up mental guards around his mind.  This wasn't something he was too keen on, but he could tell that something wasn't too... well, he sensed something odd about the man.  He didn't seem like a normal person.

"So... Alexia.  What brings you to this ball?"
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: The Midsummer Ball!

Postby Mousen » 07/22/2010 5:30 PM

Zaar smiled slightly. "Myself and Muu travel alot, as you may have guessed it wasn't by choice we came here. A... Friend of ours, a good friend. She decided it would be nice if myself and Nazahuatl got on better. How can one agree when one has nothing in common with the other?" His way of speaking given chance, was slightly backward in it's way. Very old fashioned. Muu chittered on his shoulder. Zaar laughed quietly. "She loves blue, you remind her of an oasis." With out warning the little beetle buzzed flying only centimetres from the hydrokuhna's face. "Muu, manners." The little scarab knew better than anyone not to crowd people out, after all her master was a claustrophobic.

Naz smiled. "Hi, I don't think you heard before... Zaar still thinks I'm a little woozy, I bled alot you see, it's part of my tribes-" He broke off. "Well, I'm digressing, well that's what Zaar would say I'm doing, if he's not to busy running away that is." It was evident he was young, though his eyes seemed to look alot older. "But, again I'm going off the subject, I'm Naz, well Naz is short for Nazahuatl. If you didn't here me the first time around." The suncheeka, in human form smiled and looked up at the two. "It's okay, Zaar won't even go near a crowd, or most people in general, he has like super severe claustrophobia, and he nearly panicked when Nanti mention a ball, 'cause he absolutly hates not being able to see the sky, but I hat not to be able to see the sky too, so it's not a big deal." He looked like he had been waiting for some one that wasn't Zaar to talk to all day.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/22/2010 5:59 PM

Raven shrugged and took another drink. One of the perks she got was being able to filter alcohol through herself into Lotus. She kept a tub where it would port to when it hit her body. Of course, a flammable alcohol tub wasn't very safe, but she usually kept it emptied. Moony would arrive soon, and she couldn't wait for the thick, furry Star Seraphant to arrive. Raven had missed her old friend.

(...failpost...)

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

2.1, 2.1, 2.1

Postby clackno1 » 07/22/2010 6:03 PM

Kal gave Mitch that look, the one Mitch always dreaded. "Shut up." he grumbled. Kal just shrugged. "I didn't say anything." he said before turning back to the girls. "Sorry, he's a bit grumpy because I've been bugging him to go back into competition for, what, months now." Kaleb apologized. Mitch sighed and covered his eyes with his hand, trying to keep himself from attacking the other Lucain. "He chose not to go to the Olympics for his first time and has been sulking at home since. I was actually hoping you could convince him to go back since you seem to be as obsessed with your sport as he is with his, and I mean that in the kindest way possible." he said to Kinasha.

Mitch sighed and moved his hand through his ashy blond hair, trying to ignore the other male. "It was the same thing with me. Kal here is my only friend outside the circuit and I only have one other friend outside my sport. Both were completely random first meetings." he heard Kaleb choke back a laugh. Yes, their meeting had been very random indeed. "I still find time to do stuff with them and other things that don't have anything to do with figure skating. I just don't think you have a very good excuse for not knowing how to dance at all." Mitch had learned dancing from his sport and he was much more graceful on the ice as he would always say.

Marie looked around. The refreshment table was certainly crowded but there were small groups all over. There was even a couple dancing.

(Oops, I just noticed I'd skipped over Kina's question about his skating. Ugh, I'm so distracted xP)

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/22/2010 7:49 PM

"Well," Alexia said. She had to think about this one. Why had she come? Of all people, she had come to find love, maybe. But she didn't want to tell this guy that, he didn't know that. "Well, the girls whom I live with are trying to get me out of the house," she said. "And, they signed me up to come here, so I kinda had to come," she said with a smile. "Why did you come?"

Still dancing, Mars and Chrissy were enjoying themselves. It was a wonderful occasion to be together. As the song faded the couple stopped dancing and stood apart from each other. "That was fun," Chrissy said with a smile. Mars nodded his head. "Yes, it was," he said. He was about to suggest they get themselves some drinks, but noticed that the drink table was crowded.
{1.4} {35.172} {1.4}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

(0.3)(0.3)

Postby Remedy » 07/22/2010 7:58 PM

Amber looked around for more people to introduce her embarrassed boyfriend to.  When she looked behind her, though, he wasn't there.
No, Ayano had escaped to the punch bowl as soon as he could.  There were a few other people there, chatting hapily.  He tried his best to stay out of the attention of any of them and poured himself a glass of punch.  Then, he went and leaned against a tree, watching all the people standing around.  He let out a sigh obviously showing his discomfort with the whole deal, and wished that he were back at home playing cards with his buddies.  Buddies that he grew up with, buddies that didn't... dance.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/23/2010 9:56 PM

Raven looked around. Nothing of interest, except a young couple. They looked like they could use drinks, and since she was there already, she poured two cups and walked over to Mars and Chrissy.

"You looked thirsty," Raven grinned, "and I was bored anyhow."

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby jobiehanna » 07/23/2010 11:21 PM

Alexia stood waiting for Calamaethor to respond to her. She glanced around the area and noticed that most people were enjoying themselves. Accept for maybe the one standing by the tree. He seemed a little lonely.

"Oh," Chrissy said, a little surprised. "Thank you." She took a glass from Raven's hand and sipped at it. Mars took his glass with a small nod and took a sip. "Thank you," he said after swallowing. "I'm Mars, and this is Chrissy," he said, nodding his head toward his girlfriend. "What's your name?" Chrissy offered a smile to the kind woman that had gotten them drinks. It had been very nice of her.
{2.5} {35.173} {2.5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/23/2010 11:27 PM

"It was no problem. I had a nice spot near the drinks because I got here so early, but it is rather crowded. I'm Ravustrauxa, Raven for short. You two will have a lovely future together, I know it." The gem on her necklace blinked before returning to normal. The Observer, as she called her creation, had been doing another analysis. "Do you like my necklace? I made it myself?"

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2.4][2.4][2.4]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/23/2010 11:30 PM

"No offence taken," Kinasha said, laughing.  She turned her attentions back to Mitch and said, "I never really was one for dancing, either; not that I was ever asked to any of my school's dances.  It was always, 'There goes Kina, next great thing in short track speed skating, way too smart for any of us, and...' blah, blah, blah.  They thought that braniacs were untouchable--or just disinterested.  In my case, with training whenever I wasn't practicing long division and advanced mathematics... yeah, no time for extra activities."

Freewind, meanwhile, was looking around for someone to socialize with--preferrably a male.  She heaved a sigh as she did this; maybe shutting down all those guys who had followed her after her races on the long track circuit hadn't been the wisest idea.

Calamaethor gave a slight shrug as he replied, "I was more or less kicked out of my home and told not to come back until I had socialized some.  I went to a ball for Valentine's Day and met an amazing Yonyuu there--I think she was a Plush Yonyuu--but the Ball just stopped and I never heard from her again.  I guess that my rival decided I needed a chance to get out and... forget my second failure at love."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

(0.4)(0.4)

Postby Remedy » 07/23/2010 11:39 PM

Amber searched around for her boyfriend.  When she found him, she started tugging on his arm and complaining about how he didn't go out with her enough and this might be they're only real date and that he needed to socialize more and balh blah blah.
Feeling sort of guilty, Ayano pressed a finger to her lips and asked, "Would you care to... Dance?"
It was hard for him to get the words out, but there it was.  It wasn't like he didn't know how to, actually, he had taken a gazillion classes but never went to any events where he could use them and never danced in front of his non girly friends.  He took his finger from Ambers lips and offered her his hand.
Amber squealed in excitement and almost dragged him back into the crowds.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/23/2010 11:52 PM

"Oh, I see," Alexia said. She was speechless at Calamaethor's response. Poor guy, he didn't have much luck in the love area. Well, neither did she. She was always too busy helping others to worry about her love life.

Chrissy smiled shyly and glanced at Mars. "Thanks," she said quietly. It was nice to know that they had a future together. She wanted to spend her future with him. Mars smiled at the girl. "Nice to meet you, Raven," he said with a smile. When asked about the necklace, Chrissy was the first to respond. "It's very lovely," she said with a smile. "You did a very good job."   Mars wasn't that interested in the necklace, he didn't understand what girls found so fascinating about jewelry. He pretended to be interested though, and admired it for a bit, for Chrissy's sake.
{2.6} {35.174} {2.6}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

2.2, 2.2, 2.2

Postby clackno1 » 07/23/2010 11:55 PM

Mitch smiled sympathetically. "Oh, I'm all for dancing. Figure skating practically revolves around footwork, balance, and grace. I'm great at that. I've just never been to a dance. Girls mobbed me to go with them. They all knew I was going big and they all wanted a spot next to me on the red carpet." he sighed. He wasn't a big braniac, he'd gotten out of his last year of high school with mostly Bs and only two or three As. And that was with a lot of extra credit and tutoring after he'd missed weeks of school for out of town competitions. "If you would like to learn to dance I could always teach you a little. This is a ball, right?" Mitch was used to becoming very close very quickly with women that he barely knew and were usually older than him.

Kaleb stared at Mitch almost amazed. "Mitch are you actually trying to have fun?" he asked in mock amazement. Mitch just sighed and tried to ignore him.

Marie liked to people watch, it was one of her favorite hobbies. She wasn't quite used to this culture yet and it was a very informing experience to just watch what some people do. Her eight-year-old impression was slightly rusty, though.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/24/2010 12:14 AM

"Thank you. It helps me to remember an old friend. I haven't seen her in a long time, but I'm hoping she'll come here. It seems like a good place for her to be, especially considering her relationship." Ravustrauxa smiled. The Observer was so much more than a piece of jewelery, but it sure was lovely anyways.

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/24/2010 2:22 AM

Hooman Form

Koni glanced his watch as he hurriedly walked into the area where the Ball was to be held, hoping he wasn't too late for the festivities of the night. It was unfortunate that he was late, apparently he was supposed to come here to raise his profile a little bit, which wasn't a good look for him at all. Though, he doubted he'd get a second glance - he hailed from the other continent.
The reason why he was late was his own fault; he'd rejected the fancy car and opted to walk and from his hotel, it was quite a walk.

He quickly glanced down at his clothing to make sure everything was in order. He had rejected his regal looking clothes in favour of some more sophisticated  clothes that would suit the occasion more. His clothes were loose fitting and had an old-world look; consisting of a red shirt, embroidered with gold and with gold trimmings. His pants were a gold-cream with more gold trimmings and he wore boots with gold edges. Around his shoulders was a simple, yet elegant cloak which he removed upon entering the room.
His friend and advisor, Laz'rane, or Lazzi the Langerine had not come with him tonight, as Koni had made up a different excuse as to why he was going out tonight and he didn't want the Langerine to make a public spectacle.

He headed towards the table where the drinks were, armed with an excuse as to why he was late, should anybody ask.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff