Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: The Midsummer Ball!

Postby Mousen » 07/25/2010 6:40 PM

The look of horror on both their faces was evident. Naz looked up at Koni, himself being rather small for his age. "How young do you think I am?" He asked incredulously. "I'm almost... fifteen in your years." Zaar rolled his eyes. "A good friend of mine decided to guilt me in coming here, she decided it would then be funny to stand me up, with monkey boy for company."
"A good friend? Since when were you a good friend to Nanti? All you ever did was blow her off. It's probably good for you to be blown off for a change." Nazahuatl practically growled, his accent very much pronounced. Naz's wording always seemed quite awkward, obviously this was his second language.  

Zaar looked like he was about to say something, but he obviously thought better of it. Instead he just cast an apologetic glance at Koni. Muu buzzed in an annoyed manner.

(Sorry, super fail D:)

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Soriana » 07/26/2010 12:07 AM

Curiously, the burning sensation increased dramatically. He felt it ebb for a few moments, and return seconds later with a vengeance. He bit his tongue eagerly; it was all he could do to stifle a yelp of pain. He began to feel dizzy, his vision blurred, and his hearing became fuzzy. By now, several people had either introduced themselves or somehow acknowledged his presence. Some of them glared, others stared in honest curiosity. He knew their expressions would soon change when they noticed his distress.

Lokiri struggled to retain his composure as he attempted to fight off the mental agony. He practically slumped over onto the table, hurt and exhausted. Distributing his energy to many different tasks had seriously drained him. He focused all he had left on maintaining his disguise and locating (and possibly attacking or trapping) the mind which was invading his own.

If anyone attempted to communicate with him during the next few minutes, they would be ignored. Not because he wanted to be rude (although the thought had crossed his mind), but because he would not technically be conscious. He realized this would only further the partygoers' suspicions and elevate their anxiety, but he had no choice. He was being compromised.

He entered into a self-induced trance, much like the one he assumed Duncan had broken out of (minus the "self-induced" part), without much difficulty. The hard part was establishing communication with the enemy mind. He made sure his search pattern only included Barakka, as he had a sneaking suspicion that whoever was aiding Duncan (since he was sure he hadn't broken the trance of his own accord) was with him, or at least near him.

[13]

(Kay, so I've lost track of everything. xD I think I'll just post here three more times and whisk Lokiri away. And yes, they will be posts of fail. You totally don't have to talk to him right now, but it would make a lot of sense if people started freaking out and asking him if he's all right.)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 1:06 AM

As Alexia was waiting for a response, she noticed that the other male was acting rather strangely. "Um, excuse me," she said. Though she really wasn't quite sure is it was aimed at Calamaethor or the other male. She took a step closer to the strange male. She couldn't help but help, or try to help, when someone was in distress. "Um, are you okay, sir?" she said. Well, that was a stupid quesiton. Of course he wasn't okay! She turned back to look at Calamaethor as if to say, what do we do?

Chrissy and Mars smiled politely at Raven. Neither was sure where to go from there, so they just didn't say anything for a few minutes. Chrissy's eyes found Mars', as if she were asking for permission to speak, which she really didn't need to do. "Perhaps you will run into your friend," she said. "There are still people arriving."
{2.7} {36.175} {2.7}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/26/2010 4:45 AM

At their sudden change of expression, Koni felt alarm creep across his face. He’d obviously made a huge blunder, well that was embarrassing.

“Oh... I’m sorry!” Koni exclaimed, hiding his horror behind embarrassment and mirth. “I didn’t even think.”

Koni listened to this story and the interjection with some amusement, gleaning a lot from a small statement. When Zaar cast a glance at him, he shrugged in a knowing manner then cast around for a new topic. When one did not come, he decided to roll with the original topic.

“So that’s the thing that brought you two to the Ball?” He asked.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

(1.4)(1.4)

Postby Remedy » 08/01/2010 7:15 PM

Soon both Amber and Ayano grew tired of dancing, so they both retired to the punch bowl.  Amber wished she could dance longer, but the high heels were killing her feet.  Ayano, however, seemedmuch happier than her.  He sipped his punch and watched the people around them with curiosity.  They were getting a bit bored, but as soon as Amber's feet stopped aching, she would be dragging Ayano back on to the dance floor, and he knew it.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/12/2010 1:58 PM

"Basically." The answered in unison, before casting disdainful glances at one-another. It looked rather amusing to a point. They'd both gladly die for the female lucain that was cursed with such bad luck. They barely saw her; herself constantly travelling, or "running from the bad luck" as she called it. "We both fell for it; since it's so unlike her." Zaar smiled to himself, obviously surprised at Nanti's sudden decision to outwit them both. Naz who was beginning to look tired of the whole affair stifled a yawn; it was nothing to do with Koni, just the party atmosphere.

(Is this dead? o3o)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

(2.0)(2.0)

Postby Remedy » 08/14/2010 1:31 PM

Not much seemed to be going on, and Ayano didn't look as if he wanted to dance anymore.  Amber sighed and asked him, "Would you like to go ahead and go home?  Not much seems to be happening..." Ayano nodded and walked alongside Amber as they went back the way they had first come.  It was fun here, but both of them were a bit tired, though a party girl like Amber probably wouldn't admit it.  They both morphed into their Carolwokee forms and ran off.

((Pulling them both out since nothing seems to be happening...))

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 08/17/2010 3:50 PM

nydanaa

Finding nothing more of interest, Nydanaa decided it was time to go. The people could enjoy themselves alone. And besides, there was a cup of tea waiting for her at home. [Nydanaa is gone.]

[2.1]
It's been years since your body went flat
And even memories of that are thick and dull, all gravel and glass
But who needs them now?
Displaced they're easily more safe
The worst of it now: I can't remember your face

Return

For a while, with the vertigo cured
We were alive, we were pure
The void took the shape of all that you were
But years take their toll, and things get bent into shape...
Antiseptic and tired, I can't remember your face

Return

You were supposed to grow old
Reckless, frightened, and old
You were supposed to grow old

Return, you were supposed to return

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Clickables Zoo Pen Templates
SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 96
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/17/2010 6:07 PM

Naz looked down in thought; everyone was now leaving. He didn't mind, but he wasn't sure where he'd go; it would take a few days to trek back to the Tengel, then probably another day after that to find his home deep within it. "Where was Nanti's letter sent from?" He asked Zaar suddenly, surprising them both be actually sounding civil.
"Erm... You remember that hotel... the one that isn't the shrinking Mushroom, but is?" Zaar was rather bad at explaining things.
"What? The Shrinking Mushroom is a bar as far as I recall... Oh! That one! I remember, but what was it called?"
"Erm... Don't ask me... It was something to do with Alice in Wonderland... Like the dodo or something..."
"Dodo?" Naz smirked for a moment. "... The Lobster Quadrille!" He exclaimed.
"You think she'll still be there?"
"I'd bet money on it."
"Why are we still here then?"
Muu buzzed in agreement. With that the two ran off, both changing into their animal forms as they went.

(Both Naz and Zaar have left.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

2.3, 2.3, 2.3

Postby clackno1 » 08/28/2010 2:50 PM

Kaleb nudged his friend with his elbow and motioned to his watch once he had Mitch's attention. Mitch looked at his own watch. "Oh man, it is late. Sorry, we have to go." it wasn't like Mitch to leave suddenly like this. "Yeah, we do." Kaleb added in. "Bye." Kal said as he almost dragged the other back into the woods.

Marie looked around again and sighed. Nothing to do, no one to talk do. This wasn't turning out very fun. Taking one last look at the lights, she headed back into the forest.

(Pulling them out, no muse.)

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/11/2010 2:58 PM

Okay, so maybe this whole ball thing wasn't working out. Everything seemed to be frozen in time and not much was happening. Alexia sighed. Maybe she should go. "Well, I, uh, I'll catch ya maybe some other time..." She turned to leave.

Mars looked to Chrissy. This wasn't really going that well. Well, the couple was having fun, but they wanted to get out. There really wasn't much to do. They looked at each other, and with that simple look decided it was time to go.
{2.8} {36.176} {2.8}

{{All three have left}}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Previous