Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Water-Music (Self)

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 6:34 PM

This was her favorite time of year, without a doubt.

The young female made her way out to Idalani, her long, brown hair falling behind her and her pink--yes, pink--eyes gleaming as she took in the scenery.  Everything was at the peak of perfection--the flowers were in full bloom and full color, the grass was green, the waterfalls were singing out beautifully... and they were just begging her to play with them; a call which Rossarinya did not ignore.

She pulled out her ocarina and sat on the bank of the lake that she had come to stand by, breathing in deeply.  She could almost hear Xadoc calling out a melody to her; something she was more than happy to echo.  Within seconds, the area leapt to life with her music.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Water-Music (Self)

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 6:44 PM

Ah, summertime.  That was when Idalani was visited by the oh-so-mysterious Erurainon, but also by the mysterious Water-Musician.  Her songs had drawn him out of the woodwork of the forest for ages, and now?  Well, now he had managed to find where she was.

She looked almost ethereal, like she was a tangible spirit of mists that could vanish in a heartbeat--and she often did, from what he had heard in the past.  This was the first time that she had been playing long enough for him to find where it was that she was.

There she sat, on the edge of the lake, her hair flowing about in the wind, the flower that was delicately placed in her hair catching the sunlight, and the beads she wore also catching the sunlight.  Her eyes were closed, but he imagined that they were gorgeous.  He stood there for several long moments, watching and listening.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 6:50 PM

Like a forest animal that had heard the slightest disturbance of sounds, Rossarinya stopped playing and looked around warily.  While she was a natural part of the world, she just didn't want others knowing that she was just a simple human.  Well, an Elf.  Regardless, she didn't want others knowing that.  She slowly slid her ocarina out of sight, earning protesting chirps from the Matches and Magistrey that had gathered there, and she slowly stood up.  However, when she saw the mysterious character standing in the bushes, she froze.

"Who are you?" she asked in a distinctly foreign tongue, hoping to throw him off.  "Do you not know that it is forbidden for your kind to see who weaves this music?"

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 6:57 PM

"Ah, so you are one of my kind," Erurainon said calmly, not minding that she looked as though she could vanish into thin air at any given moment.  He approached her slowly, letting her see his pointed ears and his tall, slender form; two of the main characteristics that Elves had.  "There is no need to fear, fair maiden of the Water-Music; your secret shall remain safely with me."

Here, he held out his hand and a small purple flower appeared within it.  Speaking in English, but with a heavy accent, he said, "My name is Erurainon.  What is yours?"

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/04/2010 6:13 PM

Rossarinya felt the hair on the back of her neck stand straight up as the mysterious masked man spoke to her in her native tongue.  "I thought that I and my friends were the only ones that had managed to survive the crossing from that realm into this one.  They said nothing about there being another like us," she said in the Elvish tongue.  When he spoke in English and told her his name, her face hardened as she replied in Elvish again.

"My name is Rossarinya, the maiden of the Water-Music.  I was well-known for this skill back home in Rivendell, but Elrond allowed my identity to remain hidden from those I did not want it revealed to.  Tell me, Erurainon," she asked. "Why is it that you wear a mask?"

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/04/2010 6:18 PM

Erurainon frowned when she refused to divulge if she spoke English or not, but it was clear to him that she at least understood him, for she was able to give him her name.  He guessed that the reason she was speaking in her native tongue was to preserve her identity as one of the Wood-folk.  He could not blame her; if he was in that situation--which he was--he would do the same.

Then, she asked about his mask.

"I wear it for the same reason that you speak in only our native tongue," he said.  "It is something that preserves my identity as one of the Elves from Rivendell, and because I befell a serious incident when I was younger that caused a deformity to form on my face.  I wear this mask to protect any sense of self-esteem around my friends."

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate