Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: :.:Risks of Thanks for Life Day! Extreme version:.:

Postby Redd » 12/24/2010 3:07 AM

X frantically scrambled up the side of the rock face, claws finding footholds for a matter of seconds before quickly moving onto the next one. X's pace was rapidly sped up compared to the previous leisurely pace. The reason for this being that with an injured leg and tail, the Paragon was finding it increasingly difficult to balance as he scaled the cliff.
One foot wrong and he'd fall, plunging quite some feet.

It was no wonder the Turkezilla's had built a nest up on the cliff face. It was so high up that predators would not be able to reach them, and prey would not be able to escape by jumping down. Luckily, the ground had a slight incline so the Paragon would be able to scrabble down headfirst on the way down. It was just climbing up that was the issue.

[24]

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/24/2010 3:14 AM

X pulled himself over the cliff face and scambled to his feet, scanning the area warily. There wasn't much up here, just rocks, small amounts of grass and weeds and oh, that great big nest. The nest itself was half finished, probably why the Turkezilla's had been uprooting the trees at the bottom of the cliff - to service their great big nest.

X wandered over to it and cautiously peered inside. It was empty luckily, and devoid of anything, aside from a few animals bones over the floor of the nest, hinting that it might have been a full nest once... just something wrecked it.
Turning his attention away from the nest, X glanced back out over the forest trying to pick out the way home. Ah~! That looked like where they had stopped for a drink. And a spot further on looked like the meeting place. X made a careful note of what direction to head in and landmarks to compare his walk against.

[25]

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/24/2010 11:14 AM

As they trudged through the jungle, Adey couldn't help but wonder where Souseiou was.

"So if Azrael is hitting on girls," she said, "where's Grumpy-face?"

"Huh?" Acedia replied. "Who's that?"

"Souseiou."

"Oh! Haha. I don't know where he is. He's probably so obsessed with his job that he's still hunting for Reven... That guy can't take a break even over the holidays. I hope he's ok. I mean, he's all grouchy and stuff, but we can't lose him..."

(21)

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/24/2010 11:20 AM

Ideally, Adey would have gone back to find that dastardly Kuhna thief. But she was tired of being chased by excessively idiotic and vicious turkeys. And if they backtracked, they'd probably just get lost again. So she stuck with Acedia, following close behind him.

"You know," the demon lord suddenly spoke up, "while I was coming to get you I thought I saw this little cat-like thing running away with a bag of money." Adey froze and glared at Acedia, who turned around and stared back with wide eyes. "What?"

"That was the idiot who took everyone's money!" Adey hissed. "There were about ten other people who got ripped off by that guy. Where is he?!"

"He was almost out of the jungle. I think he'd probably be gone by now. Sorry." Adey growled and rolled her eyes.

"It's fine, let's just keep moving."

(22)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/24/2010 11:28 AM

No rabid turkeys showed up for a while. Adey took that as a good thing, since it meant that they probably escaped successfully. But the jungle itself wasn't getting any thinner, and the girl really wanted to see society again. She narrowed her eyes at Acedia's back, watching the black feathers waver slightly in the breeze. For a moment she wondered why Acedia hadn't just transformed into his giant sloth form while being chased, but she supposed that he was too scared out of his wits to do so.

"So useless..." Adey muttered.

"Huh?" Acedia asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Nothing."

(23)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/28/2010 1:52 PM

They continued to walk in silence until Acedia suddenly jumped a foot into the air and started shouting excitedly.

"Homigosh, Adey!" he cried. "I remember this place! All we have to do is go the-" Adey punched him on the shoulder and he let out a high pitched whimper.

"Shhh!" Adey hissed in annoyance. "You're going to call out all those dang turkeys! Keep it down and just take me out of here." Acedia nodded, embarrassed now, and quickly skittered through the trees.

(24)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/28/2010 1:58 PM

At last, the two broke through the jungle and arrived on the edge of a nice, sunny field. Adey yawned and surveyed the expanse before her, wearing a bored expression on her face.

"Well finally," she sighed. "I was getting sick of this dang place. I wonder how everyone else is faring though."

"I hope the turkeys don't eat them," Acedia gulped, looking over his shoulder back at the jungle. "But...you're safe, Adey! That's all I really care about." He grinned and threw his arms around her neck, clinging to her tightly. Adey started to gag and attempted to wrestle out of his grip.

"Stop that!" she snarled, finally shaking him off. "Jesus, you're so weird! Come on, I want to go get something to eat." Adey stormed off through the grass, not waiting for her demon friend to follow. Acedia's dark eyes widened and he chased after her.

"Wait for meeeeeee...."

(25, FINALLY done! x3x)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/30/2010 11:51 PM

"Perhaps an opportunity will present itself. For now, I suggest taking this course." Valence created a makeshift chart with fallen leaves. "We are very near the edge of the forest--but it's not the edge you entered from." Risk raised his eyebrows. "That shouldn't cause too much trouble for me. Where are you headed, if you don't mind me asking?" The Turkezilla smiled sadly, a bittersweet expression flashing across her face. "Idalani is my home. I may not appreciate its inhabitants very much, I'll admit. At times, I am forced to act like them in order to save my own feathers. But... I've nowhere else to go. I've never left the trees, and I wouldn't know where to start." The Khimera gently placed a massive paw on the Turkezilla's back. "I can help with that." Valence stared up at him in awe. "But I would be a burden for you. I would impede you." Risk opened his mouth in reply, but all he managed to get out was a breath of air in preparation for the speech he never gave. A loud cry erupted from amongst the trees. "That'll be my groupmates defending themselves--or worse."

[18]

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/01/2011 3:24 AM

Firetra:
Poor Khimera. He had been lost for quite some time it seemed. Going in circle after circle, getting absolutely no where for the longest time. After finally being given directions by some sort of creature, he seemed to be getting closer and closer to the exit of the forest though. As he neared the edge, some sort of bag would catch his sight, hanging from a low branch on a tree as if it had gotten caught there and left behind. Were he to take it, he would find that it had 500 keystones within, all his for the taking.

(500 keystones will be added to your account.)

Krypto:
For X, everything had been peaceful. Well, at least for now that is. Everyone had their share of troubles within the forest, no? After all, it was Thanks for Life Day. There was no such thing as completely peaceful. Over all though, it seemed as though X would make it out without any more trouble. In fact, he hadn't even lost anything at all! Back home, it seemed as though someone else would be gaining something rather soon. Brand new life would be brought in to someone's life. Some Kuhna's life that is. Someone back home had been gifted a Kuhna Breeding Room by some stranger.

(You officially have Kuhna room 1. You have until Thursday, January 6th at 2:30 a.m. EST to finish your room.)

Thunder:
Adey and Acedia, much like the others having made their way back through the forest, seemed to be relatively safe. Neither of them had been eaten, and neither of them had been left behind, despite Adey's running off without Acedia. Back home someone else didn't have such a good day. Some poor Kuhna, a Kamikaze Kuhna to be specific, had gone completely missing and had been missing for many hours by now. It was believed that the poor thing probably made the mistake of leaving home for a bit and ended up being Turkezilla chow.

(You have lost the Kamikaze Kuhna from Jet and Rhyia's breeding. It will be removed from your records)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Previous