Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Testing my Weaknesses {Self}

Postby jobiehanna » 01/09/2011 9:41 PM

Idalani is so pretty this time of year, I thought to myself as I walked through the area. The dirt beneath my paws was moist, like it had just been raining. But hey, what could I expect? The falls around here seemed to make everything a little more humid. I smiled to myself. The falls were very pretty and the rainbows they cast made it look like a picture someone had photo-shopped.
But I wasn't here for the scenery. I was here to test my ability in the untamed wilderness. You see, I'm a half-human, half-vampire hybrid, and I have sworn to kill all bad vampires, those that kill. So, I needed to test my limits. I knew my orange pelt stuck out in my green surroundings, but hey, if someone wanted to sneak up in me, they had another thing coming. I was good at what I did, and what I did was kill and interrogate.
But as I walked I got the idea that no one was around, at least no one I could sense, and I had great senses. I padded lightly, trying not to made any noises. I looked around, fully aware of my surroundings. The pollies and other birds were singing, happy to have the sun out to warm them from the cold that crept in when the sun sunk low. I could here small animals like rattegans scurrying beneath the bushes, but I couldn't hear anything big floundering about. That was a good sign.

((Trying first person point of view. :3))
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Testing my Weaknesses {Self}

Postby jobiehanna » 01/09/2011 10:32 PM

I soon realized that no matter how soft I walked, I left foot prints, even if they were light. To the untrained human eye they were barely visible, but to another one like me, or a full-blood vampire they were quite noticeable. I cursed that small misfortune and slipped further into the brush. It was harder to walk here, but I wanted to practice my stealth. So I crept along, eyes and ears alert for any sights or sound. The sun was still shining high, and now my stomach was growling. I sighed. I needed to find food before the urge to eat over took me.
I went into hunting mode, extending my hearing a little bit, focusing more on the sound than sight. I could sense small rodents, maybe one of them would do. I focused on one of the large sounding one and crept forward. Then I pounced, grabbing the rattegan with my teeth and promptly breaking it's neck. I devoured it within minutes, savoring the sweet flavor. I licked my chops and buried the bones and other things I couldn't digest properly.
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/10/2011 7:50 PM

After disposing of the remains from the rat like creature, I continued on my walk. But now, I was looking for water, not hard to find when I was at Idalani Falls. Keyword, falls. Falls was what were around me, waterfalls. I examined them, trying to decide which one I wanted to go to. Big or small? I was less likely to be noticed at a small one, so I listened for the sound of a little one. It should rumble less than the bigger ones.
Well, telling the difference between little and large waterfalls was more of a challenge than I thought it would be. I had no idea what to listen for, they all sounded similar. I sighed and continued to search. I went past a few magnificent falls before I found a suitable one. It wasn't as majestic as the others, but I didn't mind. I wanted a smaller one anyway, so that I would be less likely to be found.
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/10/2011 7:56 PM

I was on a small cliff when I saw the waterfall that I wanted to drink from and clean up in, so I had to go down the side. It was a little rocky, but not too hard to navigate. As I made my way down I realized that I was scattering pebbles down the cliff. They bounced and clanged, making an awful racket. I gritted my teeth. Perhaps this wasn't the right place to go to. Oh well, I was already half way down.
I reached the bottom and half ran to the edge of the pool to drink. I lapped up the cool, clear water and felt it slide down my throat. It was so good, and it tasted kind of sweet as well. I stepped into the small pool to soak my paws, they were sore from my descent down the hill. I couldn't stop myself from going all the way though, the water felt so good. When I emerged I was dripping wet. I shook myself off and the droplets went flying.  
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/16/2011 8:47 PM

Then I stretched myself out and felt my muscles stretch. It felt very good to stretch out. At the end of my stretch I yawned, stretching my jaw muscles. My jaw popped and I smiled. It actually felt good.
After finishing my stretch I took off in the direction of an opening in the the bushes around me. I snuck out of the clearing with the waterfall and padded through the forest. My footsteps were light as I walked, and my ears were alert. The sun was peaking through the treetops, enough to light my way, but not enough to make me sweat. It was nice, her 'testing' session was turning into a stroll through the forest. She sighed, this was going to be a long, uneventful day.  
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/27/2011 10:10 PM

I continued on my walk. It was so beautiful here, but it was so, well, boring. It was uneventful. When was I going to run into a threat? Like a wild werecain or a turkzilla? Or a vampire I could kill. I was so bored! My eyes flashed between trees and multi-colored pollies and other exotic birds. The colors were very pretty, like a rainbow in the forest. I could hear the thunder of waterfalls, but I didn't go near them. I wanted to find something to fight, and things that didn't want to be found would be in the darker part of Idalani. I traveled further and further into the place, and the trees became thicker and the sun hid  behind them. It was getting darker, something the creatures of the night loves. I smiled to myself. This would be where all the action was.
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate