Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: of love and loathing(p)

Postby Krystalolive » 04/14/2011 6:31 PM

Cupid looked at Asche while he explained his reasoning. And Cupid's look grew... Cold. It was rare that Cupid ever began to dislike someone. It was impossible for him to hate anyone, but he could dislike someone. He paused when Asche glared and him and asked him a question. Cupid debating for a moment, then sighed and looked at Asche in the eyes. "Nothing. There is absolutely nothing I can do to stop you. What you do is technically your own business." He paused, then glanced in the direction the couple from earlier went. "But maybe I can balance out your meddling with meddling of my own." He said the last part more to himself than to Asche, thinking.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/14/2011 6:56 PM

He watched the change in Cupids eyes, feeling a grim satisfaction rising. //clever boy...// he thought,the perked up, catching the last part of what he said. Asche turned his head slightly into the direction the other was looking, a smirk playing over his features. So it was clear to both parties then. the borders where set, the race, however it would look like, was on. And he had an other reason to go on as he did, or even push it further."a competition then...sounds fun" he said in a casual way, almost sounding happy for once.he turned back at Cupid, seeming to think of something. "but can I ask you a question?" not waiting for a yes or no, he proceeded. "If you yourself dont...love anyone, and be it only at the moment. what exactly motivates you so much? what...fascinates you about love that you do what you do? Is it really just the love for love or...something more?" he sounded honestly curious, even tilting his head slightly.

(mmmh....I was thinking that maybe later, we could play on with Yvaine(and maybe Zacky) the ex of Asche (and his best friend)...could get interisting. only if you want to of course^^)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 04/15/2011 8:09 PM

Cupid glanced over at Asche, about to say that this was not a competition, this was people's love lives, when Asche asked him why he did what he did. "Well, it's just..." He paused, wondering why he did what he did. "That's just the way I am. Maybe... Maybe it's because I saw so many people sad and unhappy... And lonely, so I tried to fix that. And love, true, pure [b]love[/i], whether it be family or couple love, usually fixes those problems. Love..." He paused and looked at Asche, smiling. "Love is normally a nice, happy feeling, and it's always nice to see people happy."

((Oh, if you want to bring those two in, you can. Although, I could see Cupid, in an extremely OoC moment, going up to Yvaine and backhanding her SO HARD. No, backhanding is too girly... Maybe a good Slap to the Face, 'How I Met Your Mother' style. XD ))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/27/2011 10:34 AM

(gosh so sorry! my computer kinda crashed and the last few days where ...ugh.)

Asche watched him, no real emotion in his face. just again that wierd itch and sting. he blinked slowly, looking like he was thinking about what Cupid said. He seemed to want to give a long answer, but suddently, his eyes fixed on a point to the right of cupid, his ears twitching as if he heard something. His mood also seemed to darken rapidly. "yeah... love seems to work on most people, not me...heartbreaking as that might be, I have other ways to make me...uh...happy." His voice sounded sharp and distant again, almost angry. he seemed to be very annoyed with something too. "If you excuse me now, I've got...a very important appointment. I'm shure I'll see you around" His voice again was somewhat threatening. with that, he stalked past him, vanishing in the lush bushes.

A few days later:
Yvaine

Her eyes twitched from one side to another, her heart fluttering like a little bird in a cage. ever since the incident, she became a nervous wreck when she was alone. Zack told her that they would meet here, to see where they should go next.He had something important to do. She did not like the choice of place at all. This was the place He could very well lurk too, and she felt like he might jump at her any time now. //Now dont be stupid...calm down// she sat down and brushed her fur slightly with one paw, just to keep herself busy.
she flinched at the slightest sound, and sudently stopped in mid motion, ears perking up, not moving at all.
"Z-Zacky? is that you?" she asked, her voice sounding horribly weak.

(hope its okay that way. and well, She kinda would deserve that...tho she might would tell the story slightly different ;))

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Cupid - 10

Postby Krystalolive » 04/28/2011 9:57 PM

Cupid frowned as Asche walked away, glancing behind him trying to figure out what the other kuhna was staring at. He couldn't seem to find what it was, and moved on, trying to not let him bother him.

---A few days later--
Cupid saw a blindingly white kuhna walking by, looking like she was about to jump out of her fur. He started to walk over to see what was wrong with her, then she jumped and startled him a bit. He smiled, chuckling nervously. "No, I'm sorry but I'm not 'Zacky'. I just noticed that you seemed a bit shaken up, and was coming by to ask what's wrong. I'm sorry that I worried you even more by trying to help." He laughed, knowing what he was saying sounded rather funny.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/02/2011 7:54 PM

Her shocked expression seemed to relax a little when she realized that it was not the one she was scared of who snuck closer to her. "Oh! Oh please dont be sorry, I'm just...I'm just a little nervous when I'm out alone" She loughed nervously. Examing him more closely, she smiled a sad little smile "thats very nice of you. I feel kind of silly that I reacted that anxiously." she flicked one tail slightly. While she was waiting for Zack, she could also talk to this guy. Altho she barely talked to strangers, this guy seemed rather nice and okay, so why not? maybe then the dark and scary thoughts would get at least a little dimmer."I'm I Yvaine by the way, can I ask who you are?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/02/2011 8:27 PM

Cupid smiled, happy that she seemed to calm down a bit. "I'm Cupid, nice to meet you Yvaine." He paused, then thought up something and smiled. "Would you mind if I talk to you until your 'Zacky' arrives? I'd hate for you to be nervous in a place like this." He smiled, making it sound a rather normal statement, which is what he meant it as. Just a regular normal question from a concerned passerby.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/03/2011 5:26 PM

Yvaine managed a smile that did not look too scared, but scanned him with alerted eyes. "That would be very nice of you, really." She chuckled slightly "I feel kind of stupid for being such a scaredy cat. specially at a place like this...its very beautiful here." Her eyes trailed over the scenery, before turning back at Cupid. "So, are you waiting for someone too? or are you just around here to enjoy the sight?" She felt a little...wierd chatting away
with a complete stranger, smalltalk was an other thing that she had to re-learn since the incident, she thought.
She was relaxing a little tho, getting distracted from her fear.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/03/2011 5:58 PM

Cupid almost commented on her being a scaredy cat, but she asked him a question before he could reply. He smiled, looking around. "I'm just here to enjoy the sites for a bit, then move on. It's refreshing to see all the happy couples." He paused, then glanced back at her, feeling like he needed to explain. "You see, I'm sort of a 'matchmaker' I suppose you could say. And I've been called a good 'couple's counselor'. Although, honestly, I just like to see people happy." 'And I'm still worried about what that 'Asche' fellow might do.' Cupid hadn't run into the other kuhna since the other day, but he worried something bad was about to happen.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/03/2011 6:40 PM

Her mood brightened even more at hearing what he did, making her seem to be even more beautifull."oh, thats great to hear!" She said "I mean...its nice to see someone who actually cares about the happiness of others, and even helping them." She sighed softly "that is far too rare in todays world I'm afraid" She almost jumped again when she heard a snap of a wig. probably just a bird who took off or...something else? As much as she instantly liked the one infront of her, she still wished that Zacky would show up soon...She suddently seemed an idea.
"Say, you seem to be around here a lot...or at least more then I. Have you noticed anything...strange lately?" she tried to sound casual, but her voice was actually even more nervous and anxious then before they really met, just more...subtile.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/03/2011 7:09 PM

Cupid smiled at her instant joy of his 'profession', chuckling. "Yes, sadly there are very few people who enjoy doing my line of 'work'." He frowned for a second at her jump, but quickly replaced it with a smile before she could notice. He paused at her question, wondering if she knew about him as well. She certainly seemed a bit shaken up, and he didn't really want to worry her more. Plus it was very unlikely that he would show up now of all times, so Cupid smiled and shook his head. "No, nothing strange. Why do you ask?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/04/2011 5:51 PM

she looked a little caught at his question. She had no desire to tell him what she was afraid of, that her...undead, psychotic ex was after her to get back at her for what she had done...
Everyone would run away from her in either fear of said ex or...because they thought that she had lost it.
"Ah its uhm...not so important. I'm just paranoid, thats all. I dont...want to meet a specific person, lets put it just that way. and I'm afraid he might be somewhere arround here...but if he was, you shurely would have noticed." even that was too much information she actually wanted to give away, making her bite her lip an nervously brushing away a leaf that landet on her shoulder

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/05/2011 11:05 PM

Cupid paused at her description, wondering if she could possibly mean Asche. He mentally shook his head, thinking that the chances were slim to none. He smiled at her, trying to ingore that annyoing little voice in the back of his head saying that he should mention Asche. "That's alright. Hopefully you won't run into said person here, I mean, what are the chances?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/08/2011 6:02 PM

she giggeled uneasily. "yeah, I guess you are right. lets just...forget about this" she tried to seem more at ease, but failed //if you just knew who really is after me...I think you would run away screaming// she tilted her head slightly. "So, lets talk about something more happy. You said that you are a sort of 'matchmaker'
how long have you been doing this? I hope I'm not too curious, I just never really met anyone of your...profession. I believe it can be a very fulfilling job" She did not only say this to keep herself distracted from her fear, but because she really was inetersted.

(faiiil, next post will be more exiting, promise :P)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/08/2011 6:49 PM

(It's fine. Not everything is full of super-special-awesome excitement. XD Like this OoC comment.)

Cupid smiled. He never minded talking about his 'profession', and she seemed uncomfortable with the previous topic. "You're not too curious. I don't mind talking about myself. I don't mean that I'm selfish, but I don't really have much to hide." He paused, trying to think of when he started being a 'cupid'. "I honestly don't remember when I started doing this, it just seems that I've always done it. When I saw a couple fighting, I just had to go and talk to them, seeing what was wrong and if I could fix it. It's not really a 'job' per say, since I don't get paid, but it's a rather fulfilling hobby."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext