Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: of love and loathing(p)

Postby Krystalolive » 05/23/2011 5:40 PM

((It's alright.))

Cupid fought back when Asche tackled him, clawing and biting and getting clawed and bitten in return. He saw Yvaine run away, smiling, but the smile quickly faded when Asche stopped attacking him and went after Yvaine. He frowned, then growled and tried to tackle Asche, wanting to buy Yvaine as much time as he could.

(Short reply is short. XD Sorry)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/23/2011 7:01 PM

Asche got tackled and tumbled over with a loud yowl, sending both of them rolling over the floor and dangerously close to the brink of a relatively small, but steep hill in the vegitation covered surrounding.
Asche growled frustrated and tried to wrestle Cupid down, while hissing through grittet teeth "Why cant guys like you just mind their own business? you make everything so...complicated"

Yvaine heard the others fight behind her, and zig zagged through high fern and brushes. She did not dare to call out for zacky, in case Asche already lost sight of her. She rushed on, focusing on solely her sense of smell and sight. Suddently, she caught a waft of what she believed to be almost 99% Zackys scent. she threw a quick
look over her right shoulder and ran into the new direction

(eh, mine's not that long either :P)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/23/2011 9:28 PM

Cupid smirked, shaking his head. "Of course not. What else would I be doing right now?" He fought back, glancing around. 'If only there was water somewhere. Maybe one of the falls. Then my chances of stopping him, or at least slowing him down, will certainly increase.' He glanced over the edge of the hill, then tried to kick Asche off of him so that the other kuhna would go down the steep side.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/24/2011 2:41 AM

Asche was about to spit something back, but decidet to save his energy for more important things then hissing insults. Cupid was a surprisingly good opponend., at least untill now. Just when he thought that he now got him, and aimed a bit at his throat, he got a powerfull kick into his stomach, flinging him off the other one. In mid air, he tried to pull cupid with him, but had no idea if he succeded when he fell over the brink. He fell down a few meters,  but got a hold of the veines that covered the hill to slow and stop his fall. He looked up and arround, looking if he could spot Cupid anywhere, while making his way up again. Somewhere arround, he though he heard...water? but he was not shure. His face now was a twisted grimasse of fury, teeth bared and glistening. "Okay, enough with the games" He growled, his voice rayer and even more threatening then before. "last chance to leave pal..."  

(will post on with yvaine in the next post again, need to go now^^'')

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/24/2011 5:25 PM

Cupid was caught by Asche on his way down, and was flung down with him. Cupid went down, then saw a small lake at the bottom of the hill. He smiled, then dove in, disappearing as soon as he hit the water. He smirked to himself, looking up at Asche. "Oh poor Asche~ I could say the same thing to you." It was near impossible to tell where his voice was coming from, which gave him a rather terrifying sound in his voice, since it seemed to be coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. "You have to remember, I'm a nice, forgiving person. And don't like to fight, but I will when I must, and I will fight with everything I have. And you were foolish enough to attack a Hydrokuhna in a place full of water."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/24/2011 6:44 PM

Asche still clung to the side of the hill, his eyes darting around on the surface of the lake in hope to make out any movement or shape that could be Cupid. He could have slapped himself for being so stupid to 'oversee' the
Hydrokuhna detail, but just sneered down. "Oh jeah, very clever  mister." Instead of jumping down, he climbed up and slightly sideways like a crab, not leaving the lake out of his eyes. "But beside your little advance, what you gonna do to keep me from doing what intendet to do to Yvaine now? Sprinkle me with water from your little puddle?" He laughed a unpleasant laugh again. He tried to lure him out of his defense, or at least into doing something. He would have to know what exactly he was dealing with if he wanted to fight on. He knew that some Hydrokuhnas where captable of not only disapearing into, but also controlling water.some, but not all. He tensed his muscles and was ready to jump into every direction, waiting for a reaction, while still slowly creeping back towards the top of the hill.  

Yvaine followed the scent, ears still tilting to make up any sound that might could be Asche. She, all of the sudden, almost stumbled and looked down, only to gasp in shock. She finally found zacky, who was, still uncocious, lying in front of her, covered slightly by leaves. "Zacky? can you hear me?" she asked, shaking him gently. He was not responding, getting her even more panicked. "Zacky wake up, please!" She shook him again, only now noticing how beaten up he really was. "Zacky!"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/24/2011 6:59 PM

Cupid frowned, glancing around the lake. "Well, while this lake is rather small, it's no puddle. And this is an area full of falls, which this lake must come from. Most of the water around here is connected, and there's water everywhere around here. Even the air is full of it." He was trying to distract Asche, making it sound like he was going to do something much worse than he was really planning and controlling some of the water to go up the hill, just a tiny bit, trying to get it ready so that Asche would step on it or try to grab onto a wet, slick branch, then slip and fall. After all had been done, Cupid still didn't want to hurt Asche, just get him to stop and calm down a bit.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/31/2011 2:04 AM

(geesh sorry for the wait, things like...explodet into my face XD)

Asche just snorted, obviously not impressed. Or at least not showing it. "My dear Cupid...you seem to have forgotten that I'm already dead. Nothing you could possibly do, and if you summon a freaking tsunami, can stop
m-"
he suddenly felt that his left paw was slipping sideways under him, causing him to tumble and slowly loosing grip on the veins. He growled loudly, and tried to use the last bit of footing he still had, making a desperate attempt to leap for some branches above him.

Zacky's eyelids finally fluttered, and yvaine's heart skipped a beat out of joy. She really thought that he might would go into a coma or die for a second there, and blinked her tears away hastily. "Zacky? can you hear me, honey?" He stirred slightly, then looked at her groggily, but snapping to attantion within seconds."Yvaine?..
"yes dear, I'm here...everythings ok..." He literally jumped up suddently, regretting it the same second, but still, he stood.more or less" No nothing's okay!We...we have to go. He's here, he..." " shhht...Zacky, I know." She said,
trying to calm him down. "But...but we cant go just now..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/31/2011 9:39 AM

Cupid smirked as Asche began to slip, sounding much smugger than he felt. "I do not need a tsunami to stop you. I don't even need to stop you, just delay you. And it doesn't matter if you're dead or not, I'm not trying to kill you. I'd never try to kill you." He paused, thinking about Asche. He was technically dead already wasn't he? "And even if you are dead, I'm sure you can still feel pressure and injury. And can still feel the fear of slowly drowning in water, as your last breath of air slowly escapes your lungs, your body desperately calling out for oxygen and only getting H2O as an answer." He didn't like this. He didn't like this at all. Krystal had always warned him that everyone had a bit of a dark side, and if they used it too much it would pour over into their regular personality. And Cupid really didn't want to turn out like him. He watched Asche, not fearing the kuhna himself, but what he was. Cupid didn't want all this to turn him into that, even if he was pro-love and Asche anti-love. The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/01/2011 2:00 AM

He got a grab on the branches with one paw, more out of pure luck then anything, and instantly slammed his claws deeply into it. It still was slippery as hell, but that was not keeping him from trying. While he listened
to Cupid, and fought to somehow stay where he was/get higher up, he felt a new sort of...wierd emotion.
It still was pure hate, but in it, there was a sort of overwhelming desperation of some sort. He deeply inside knew that, if he wouldnt make it up there in a few minutes, Zacky and Ivayne would be gone, and who knew when he would 'meet' them again? if at all? it was more luck then planning that he stumbled upon them today.
He turned his head towards the lake again, His other paw having found grip on the branch, but the rest of him still hanging in 'mid air'. "Oh come on, you dont have the guts to do something like that...not even when you know that you cant kill me..." He sneered, procieding to pull himself up //just...a little closer...//
""you dont even have the guts to show yourself, coward."

Ivayne explained the situation to Zacky briefly, who just shook his head slightly. "Ivayne, If he is a Hydrokuhna,even Asche is more or less overwhelmed. I think he can handle it" Ivayne looked at him firecely "but what if he did not make it to water in time? Asche will tear him apart ! We cant just...leave him, after what he did for me" "But he did it so you could escape, not that you could run back into the paws of Asche" She gulped, feeling like she was about to tear up again. "...but..." Zacky sighed, looking into the direction where faint noises and voices where heard. "Okay. we will sneak closer and see what is going on. You will stay behind me, and wont do anything, even if it comes to a fight. you run, okay? and if Cupid can handle it, we sneak away again." Ivayne nodded "Promise it" She gulped, than nodded again. "Okay...but only a quick look"
Zacky knew that he was doing the opposit to what was right, but he also would feel guilty to the rest of his life if he did not even care to look if Cupid was going to be okay...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 06/01/2011 9:00 AM

Cupid frowned, sending more water up to the top of the hill to come pouring down on Asche. He listened to Asche, then smirked. "Guts? Of course I have the guts to show myself. It's just that I'm not stupid enough to show myself. I have very few advantages, and one of those is you not knowing where I am. Course, if you'd like to ditch that branch and come down here, I'm sure you'd find me in no time. Although, then you'd be in the water. My domain."
'It's just an act. It's just an act. I'm not really like this. I'm normally harmless. I'm a mender of love, not a holder of hate! I'm a pacifist, not someone who enjoys causing pain to others. Cupid had to keep going over that in his head, regardless if it didn't show in his speech at all.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/02/2011 3:09 AM

Asche was soaking wet by now, and still klinging on that branch, looking pathetic. //oh this is ridicules...I'm not getting anywhere with this// Also, the water was quite cold, and he slowly could feel his paws going numb. He glared down again, trying to see if he could make anything out that could be Cupid in the water."Now you seem to think that I'm stupid" He laughed a short, unhappy laugh. "But honestly, I'm getting a little tired of this game...I think we both know that neither of us is willing to back away from their...ideals, correct?" His voice had a completely different tone now, almost velvety. "So...I think Ivayne and Zacky most likely are gone by now anyway...I would feel kinda...how do you put it...left alone, since they did not even bother to check if you're okay." While purring those words down, he tried to get further on the branch as unnoticed as possible. "But I guess you dont care, the 'selfless noble knight' that you are" His voice was dripping with sarkasm now. "Must be a great feeling to not get anything back for risking your life for total strangers...anyhow, what about a deal." He did not get any further, tho it would have been interisting to hear hat kind of 'deal' he had in mind. A loud snapping sound made his head whirl around again, just in time to see that the branch he was clinging to finally gave in from age, the additionally weight, and the water that was soaking its old wood. The branch fell off, sending itself and Asche tumbling down the hill. While Asche was technically undead, Cupid was right about his assumption that he still could feel pain and was not imune to injury, and he hit some of the rocks at he bottom of the hill in a very unfortunate way... There was a sickening crack, and he landed at the bottom of the hill, right at the rim of the lake,  in a tangeled heap. He tried to stand up and get away again, but only stumbled a few steps before collapsing again, keeping completely motionless.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 06/04/2011 8:40 PM

Cupid was about to reply with that he didn't mind being left here, that was the point, when he heard the snap of the branch. He watched Asche fall, a tiny part of him enjoying the sight, but he buried that part, knowing that he'd be forever ashamed of that part of himself. When Asche finally stopped falling, Cupid jumped up out of the water, worried and rushing over to see if he could help. "I swear if you're faking this to get me out of the water, pacifist or not, I will leave you at the bottom of this lake." Cupid wasn't joking, and he didn't sound like it. He liked to help people, but faking a 'life' threatening injury to hurt someone else was too much for even him to let pass.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/06/2011 6:37 PM

Asche groaned, trying to stand up once again, and managed to push his upper body up.  His body was already beginning to re-generate, but that was actually almost more painfull then the injuries themselves, since his bones and muskles where 'melting' together again. It would take some time till he would be fully healed again, and there was no way he could fight in this condition. still, he bared his teeth and let out a loud hiss-growl when Cupid aproached him. His whole body was aching, and he tried to be as imitating as one could be in his condition. "what...do you still want here you little...nnngh"  he winced, and spat something black on the floor.
taking in deep breaths, he glared at Cupid "you got what you frickin... wanted, now just...go get lost"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 06/10/2011 7:30 PM

Cupid frowned, rolling his eyes and sitting a few feet away from Asche. "You're about as frightening in that condition as a wet kitten, so you can either continue to yowl and complain, or you can let me try to help you. Atleast you shutting up and staying still should help a little bit, since trying to threaten me makes you hack." Cupid tried to think of what he could do. He wasn't a healer, but there was water right there, and he might be able to clean up the wounds atleast. Of course, that was only if Asche would stop being so full of himself and let Cupid help him a bit.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext