Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: Can You Feel The Hate Tonight~

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/11/2011 11:26 PM

Finally, some peace and quite. No more stupid, yapping teenagers or elderly couples reliving their golden years. Today had just reminded Beyond why he hated other people. They tended to be so trivial and boring. They only really entertained him when they were screaming. That seemed to be the only talent that most people had in his opinion.

"I can't imagine always being busy," Beyond said, eying the spare stump before disregarding it and flopping unceremoniously into the grass beside Anthos's rock. "I don't do much but sit at home and be bored." A downright lie but a convincing one. "And why would I want to stop talking to you? You're the only interesting person here, and I tend to be unpleasant when I get bored." He glanced up at Anthos, grinning like a fool.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2011 11:57 PM

"I was just wondering if you wanted to do anything else. That's all." Anthos looked down at him and wondered why he trusted Beyond so much. "What's your deffinition of unpleasant?" Anthos grinned curiously and wondered what Beyond normally acted like. "So want to get to know each other since we have to pretend that we actually did anything here for our landlords?" Anthos needed something to do before he got bored and wandered away to do some work. He hated to sit still and do nothing. He always had to be doing something.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/13/2011 1:24 AM

"Oh, just average, every day unpleasant. Moody, grumpy... Some people think I'm angry when I'm bored." Of course, Beyond left out the part about finding strange things such as torture to be ways of alleviating such boredom. Sure, this guy might be able to appreciate such tastes in free time activities, but it was best not to push that envelope just yet. He might actually want to keep this guy around for a while, and scaring him off by suggesting that something horrible might happen if the conversation grew to tiresome was definitely not the way to do that.

"I suppose we could get to know each other," he said with a lazy yawn. Maybe this was what Azura was always yammering on about? "We could play that old question game where you ask me one question, I answer, and I ask you one question over and over until we get bored. You start if you want to."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/13/2011 10:13 AM

"Alright. How old are you?" Anthos didn't really care about how old Beyond was, but instead why he lied about his profession. Anthos had long ago learned how to tell when one is lying and Beyond lied a lot. What could possibly be so bad that he'd have to keep lying? Anthos yawned and strectched. He knew soemthing was up with Beyond, but thought it'd be best for now to keep silent. Afterall he could be dangerous.

Anthos wondered why he was playing it cool when he wanted nothing more than to tear this guy open and make him talk. His curiousity was begging him to do something, other than sit there and wait for him to slip up.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/14/2011 11:08 PM

Well, that was an obvious start. Beyond hadn't been expecting something grand or specific, but for some reason, he found that quite entertaining as a first choice.

"Twenty-something," he said with a shrug. "We never bothered keeping track of birthdays, yanno, since none of us really knew when that was supposed to be. Never really cared about it though." That was bound to spawn another question. Beyond had no problem talking about his time at Wammy's, so long as they stayed away from one topic specifically. Hopefully he could steer the conversation in some other direction before that part of his past became too prominent.

"Well, if you're not where you came from anymore, what exactly do you do? Job wise, I mean."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/16/2011 12:42 PM

"I look for new energy resources. Since ShinRa plans to start up again here. We're trying to find more environmentally friendly energy resources. It's my job to ask around and to investigate possible sources of energy." Anthos found it odd that Beyond did not know his own birthday, but then again neither did he. He was starting to grow restless and begna to tap his fingers on the rock. "So where'd you grow up?" He hoped that Beyond would not ask him the same question as he did not enjoy explaining to people that he was not technically born or where he spent his childhood. He shivered mentally at the thought of his past but showed no signs outwardly.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/16/2011 2:18 PM

How did they manage to drift toward that subject?

"I grew up in a place called Wammy's House," he said, almost pleased to speak of the place. The location was full of wonderful memories, but there were a few he wanted to stay away from. Far away. "It's an orphanage out in the middle of nowhere, really. They only take the best and brightest of the homeless kid crowd, but there are more of them than you would think." Yes, he remembered the packed hallways and crowded dining room. The only place you could find some peace and quiet sometimes was by shutting yourself away in your room.

"What's your favorite thing to do when you don't have to work?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/02/2011 5:19 PM

"Mostly just spend time with my lover, or read. I don't do much really." It was true too. He really was that boring. He was a bit disappointed that Beyond's answer was so vague. He really wanted to find about valuble information on Beyond, but the man was being vague and difficult. "What about you? You have someone near and dear to your heart?" He hoped he'd get more out of Beyond with that question. After all it was normal for guys to brag about their lovers, right?

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 07/21/2011 8:11 PM

Lover, eh? Well, this could get interesting. While he certainly was not about to tell Anthos much of anything about the identity of his little pet, but he loved to dote on his darling Kira whenever he could. Even though the thought of Wammy's brought another image to his mind, he shoved that face away. No, he couldn't think of him right now if ever.

"Ah, yes, love," Beyond said almost wistfully. "That thing that some many people are here to find, ironically enough. I have a lovely little lad I hold near and dear, actually. Sweet kid, really." His gaze strayed to the clouds. While he did miss Raito at the moment, he was attempting to get close to this man. He hadn't a clue why, but he wanted to. "His name's Raito; it means 'light.' And that's what he is for me."

"And you? Who's the love of your life who takes up so much of your time?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/13/2011 9:04 PM

"Rufus and it's funny but he's also my boss. I met him at work and fell in love. He's my savior and I'd do anything for him. He's a bit arrogent and rude but he treats me very well. Hell the man pampers me if I let him." Anthos chuckled and smiled to himself. He sure loved Rufus alright, but he didn't wish himself with him. He was busy signing papers and listening to the idiots back home complain about his absense. Yes Anthos was thankful for the break though he still needed something to do.

"So do you get to visit him often with your job and all or no?" Anthos lazily traced circles in the dirt and looked at the clouds. Many of them could be made into shapes like birds or hats. Truth be told he had never playe dthat game with someone. He had never had the time with Rufus. He was always busy with work and they rarely ever got to spend much time together. Maybe he could try the game with Beyond. Wait, what was he thinking he didn't even know the guy that well. He shook the thought out of his head and went back to drawing circles in the dirt.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 12:21 AM

Wow, this guy seemed really devoted to this Rufus guy, which put a bit of a damper on what Beyond could do with him. No doubt he would turn down- possibly in the most aggressive manner possible- an offer for a romp in the woods. Still, he was resolved to get what he wanted. Besides, if this Talcen person sent him off on dates frequently enough to be annoying, there was a chance he could get somewhere. He just needed to pry a bit more and remember to allow Anthos to come to him instead of the other way around. They always liked it better when they felt like they were doing something they wanted. Plus they seemed to come back more often that way.

"Yeah, I get to see him," he said, fingers toying with the grass around him. "Not as much as I would like, mind you, but I see him sometimes. He's busy, too, and sometimes our jobs overlap, but we wind up spending more time apart than we would like. Still, that makes when we are together all the better." He rolled his eyes up to get a better view of Anthos.

"Alrighty. So, if you weren't with Rufus, what do you think you would look for in someone? For a relationship specifically." He smirked. "Or, if that doesn't suit you, what is it about Rufus that makes him so appealing, do you think?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 4:52 PM

Anthos smiled completely oblivious to what Beyond was inplying. "Well I like someone who would treat me well. I don't much care for abuse or violence. For personality I like someone who is confident and sure of themselves. I like people who are dominate in nature." His smile widened as he thought of how Rufus loved to be in control. "Appearance wise I like light skin and dark eyes. I don't really care about hair color, it's never done anything for me." Out of the two relationships he had ever been in, counting his current one with Rufus, he had always gone after someone who was controling. He liked being told what to do. He hated having to make all of the descisions which made Rufus perfect for him. "I guess I also like people who are a bit controling. I like being told what to do."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 8:09 PM

Well, the lack of violence was a bit of a downer. Although, Beyond supposed he could be forgiven that little aspect of himself considering he fit all the other qualifiers: dominant, confident, and controlling, not to mention the most dashing little dark haired specter of a man. It was almost comical how many descriptors he managed to fit, and he hoped he could use that to his advantage.

"I never took you for a guy who liked being bossed around," he commented. "Though, I suppose taking orders amounts to about the same thing. Never was one for rules, myself." He sighed, thinking back to all the times he deliberately did something wrong at Wammy's just because he was told to do it. Taking orders just wasn't his style. Giving them, however, he was perfectly capable of dealing with.

"Since you didn't ask me a question, I'm guessing you're skipping your turn this time around. I'm fine with that, since I can always go again. Since you got into your relationship, have you ever looked for those qualities in anyone other than Rufus?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 9:00 PM

Anthos looked at Beyond then as if he was insane. Look for someone else? That was far too close to cheating in his mind. "No I haven't....why would you ask that?" He eyed him suspiciously then and realized what Beyond was hinting at. "Why you litle shit!" He stood up and glared at Beyond. "You were hitting on me!"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 9:08 PM

Beyond slid away from the angered Anthos, upset that his ploy had been found out. Not that he had been being subtle, mind you, but he didn't want this guy mad at him. That would spoil everything.

"Nothing of the sort," he said, half raising a hand to defend his face if need be. "I was just curious, is all, and you can't blame someone for that. I simply wanted to know if those were traits you looked for in people, even if the relation you had to them only went as far as acquaintanceship." He sighed, hoping he wasn't going to get kicked for this. "For example, I just happen to have all those qualities you mentioned, bar one, and I was wondering if it was coincidence or intentional."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext