Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: Can You Feel The Hate Tonight~[P/Azura &I][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 9:35 PM

Anthos willed himself to calm down. "Oh..sorry then for my outburst. I'm overly defensive at times. I don't mean to be...it's just after my first relationship I generally don't trust people." He sighed and sat back down. "I have very little social skills it seems. It is odd that you have a lot of those qualities, but that's purely by chance."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 9:51 PM

Beyond heaved a sigh of relief. At least he wasn't going to get stomped for that, and he had managed to cover himself quite nicely. The tidbit about not trusting people would have been nice to know ahead of time, though. If this were any other conversation, with any person other than Anthos, he would start making comments about destiny since he lined up so well with the other's preferred personality. That tended to work on girls and the guys who read a few too many fiction novels. But this guy just had to be difficult, didn't he?

"Oh, no," he said, pushing himself to a sitting position with his back against the rock, "it is I who should be apologizing, not you. I didn't know it was such a touchy topic. But... You should know that you can talk to me about anything right now. If you feel like it, that is."

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 10:14 PM

"Are you sure? Most people tell me that I should keep things to myself." He looked at his feet and frowned. "They tell me to stop complaining about the past and to get over it already, but it still hurts. I still have night terrors about it." He shivered at the memories that threaten to rise up and shoved them back down. "Can I trust you not tell anyone?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 10:35 PM

Get over it? People told him just to get over it?! That was enough to make Beyond's blood boil a little. As one who has suffered so much, he hated when anyone was told to just get over their troubles like they didn't matter any more. So many people had told A- no, him that, and look what had happened! Now Beyond could hardly think of his name for fear of the memories returning again, all pained and horrible. It was bad enough he relived that day whenever he saw L, whenever he slept, whenever he looked himself in the mirror and thought of what he should have done differently.

"It's not complaining," he muttered, making an active effort to keep his voice level. "Talking helps you... deal with whatever it was, and no one should ever tell you to just get over your past. Anyone with two functioning neurons knows that you can't just will yourself to forget about someone... or something... It takes time." He almost added, believe me, I know but thought better of it. "You can trust me with whatever you want. I won't pry, but you're free to talk."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 10:57 PM

Anthos smiled sadly at Beyond and nodded. "I think I can trust you, I just like to be reassured." He scooted a bit closer to Beyond as he always liked to be near someone when he spoke of his past that way if he lost his mind someone was there to stop him from doing something he would regret. "When I was young I fell in love with a man and I worshiped him. I would have done anything for him. He one day invited me to his apartment and when I got there he...he had sex with me. I was young and foolish. I thought it meant he loved me." Anthos took a shuddering breath beforing continuing.

"Anyway I started coming to visit him more and more often and he slowly but surely became violent with me. Eventually I was leaving with broken bones and I still came back to him againa nd again. He was all I had. I ad no family, no friends, no real life to speak off, and no future. He was my everything. Then he..he tried to kill me." Anthos shuddered again and forced himself to calm down. "He told me he hated me and that is what hurt me the most."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2011 11:31 PM

That would explain the disdain for violence. Beyond felt a tug in his chest at the idea of such senseless action, though he understood the idea of feeling loved and doing anything for that love. Anthos's story hit home, a tale of needless bloodshed and lost affection. He had a tale, too, but his hurt too much to share. He needed the right time, though he had no guarantee that this was not someone who he would shun if they asked.

He reached up and hugged Anthos around the waist, seeing as that was as high as he could reach from his current position. Though the other man would probably shove him off, the gesture of affection was all he could think to do. He knew no words could take away pain like that which Anthos had suffered, but he knew what it was like to be alone for such a time.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2011 11:49 PM

Anthos fell to his knees and wrapped his arms tightly around Beyond. He buried his face into his shoulder and cried silently. "Thank you....thank you so much for listening...." He sniffed and held onto Beyond tightly. "You're right, it's nice to talk about it without people telling you to get over it."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2011 12:48 AM

Anthos's action was sudden but not unwelcome. That fierce countenance, the one he had come to know as they had talked, was broken in what was probably the same way it had been all those years ago. He knew memories could sting and bite into the present, but he also knew how to use the weakness of others to his greatest advantage. Despite any kind of connection he now felt to this man, Beyond knew what he wanted. He would get what he wanted, even from a kindred spirit such as what he found in Anthos.

He ran a hand through the other's dark hair the way he always did Raito when he was stressed, the other limb wrapping tightly around Anthos's back and pulling him closer. Ah, how did he turn into such a sap? The old Beyond would have dismissed the other man's wants in a heartbeat the moment he found an opening, but now he was compelled to be tender. Even with Raito, things had started that way, but now... A cord had been struck, perhaps? He might never know. All he knew was that he was sitting in the grass with someone just as broken as himself, wondering what would come of this next.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2011 5:48 PM

Anthos relaxed into Beyond's touch and sighed peacefully. It felt good to be held by someone who did not expect to get something in return. He nuzzled against Beyond's neck and growled contently. He had always enjoyed being held close, even by strangers. It made him feel safe and needed. Often when Rufus wasn't around he would cuddle with Elana as he knew she considered him to be like a brother and would never take advantage of him when he was at his weakest.

He pressed closer to Beyond and closed his eyes. He felt like he could trust Beyond not to do anything to him and so he drifted into unconsciousness. His breath came lightly and his heart beat slowed as he slept against Beyond.

Last bumped by Kylo on 12/28/2011 5:48 PM.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer