Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

:.:A Joyous Reunion:.: [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2012 11:08 AM

"Dear Aila,

How long has it been since we have seen each other?  At least five years?  Maybe longer?  One way or another, it has been a little too long since I have laid eyes on you, my dear friend.  I think that a little reunion is in order--meet me at Idalani Falls three days after receiving this letter.  I can hardly wait to see you again!"

The note bore no signature, and the script looked oddly familiar.  By this time, Aila had narrowed it down to three of her companions within the Pantheon: Yáviel, Sairahiniel, and Fortunali.  It had been at least seven years since Aila had seen all three of them, so she could not determine who had sent the note based on that, and all three of them had similar handwriting!

It could have been from all three of them, for all I know, Aila thought dimly to herself as she leaned against the tree, her purple hair blowing in the wind.  Or, it could have just been one of them... I don't even know!  It's been far too long since I've seen all THREE of them! she thought to herself again, pacing as she looked around.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: :.:A Joyous Reunion:.: [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2012 11:19 AM

Oddly enough, the first being to emerge from the foliage was not the author of the note, but she had seen the woman with purple hair and had known that there was no one else that it could possibly be aside from the Re'klettan Goddess of Music.  Even if it had been seven years since this particular Goddess had seen Aila, she could never forget that shade of hair.

"Ai!"

The orange- and green-haired woman dove out of the brush towards Aila, tripping over her own feet in the process.  Aila's head snapped up as she heard her name called, and when she saw the woman's hair, her own eyes widened as she realized who it was.

"Yávi?  I--you're here!" she exclaimed, dashing towards the woman who had barely regained her balance and tackling her, throwing both of them to the ground.  After a moment, Aila helped the other woman up, a wide smile on her face.

"I... I can't believe you're here!  I've missed you so much!" she said.  "But, you know, you COULD have at least put your initials on this note..."

"Note?" Yáviel asked, staring at the piece of paper blankly.  "I didn't send that, Aila... that's definitely not my handwriting.  I'd bet that it's Sairahiniel's."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2012 11:27 AM

As if a bee to honey, once the Goddess of Wisdom's name was mentioned, the purple- and blue-haired woman walked silently into the clearing of Idalani.  For a few moments, she was content to merely stand there, listening to Aila and Yáviel talk amongst each other.

"...so you mean he ACTUALLY proposed to you this time?" Yáviel asked, and Aila nodded.

"He did!  See--my ring!" she said, holding out her hand and showing off a ring that was fashioned out of silver.  Yáviel couldn't help but release a squeal of joy as she squeezed Aila tightly.

"Ekal FINALLY proposed to you!  You have no idea how long we've been waiting for him to propose to you, Ai!  How long has it been?" Yáviel asked, and Aila tilted her head.

"Since what? she asked.

"Since you and Ekal began dating again," Sairahiniel said, smiling as she made her presence known to the other two.  She was greeted in a similar fashion to Yáviel, except Yáviel was also tackling her.  Once the three women had exchanged their greetings, Aila cleared her throat.

"We had been dating for three months before he proposed," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2012 11:33 AM

"Well, ladies, I do believe that means I won our little bet," a new voice said--and no sooner had this fourth voice spoken before she let out a cry of surprise from being tackled by three other women.  They had only needed to hear her voice and turn around to see a bright flash of garnet, amethyst, aquamarine, and gold to know that it was Fortunali that had spoken.

"...wait," Aila said after a moment.  "You... you guys had a bet going?  On what?!"

"On how long it would take your loverboy to propose to you after you two got back together!" Sairahiniel said.  Yáviel laughed as she shook her head, running her hand through her orange hair.

"I said a year, at least," Yáviel said.

"I said six months and four days," Sairahiniel said, and Aila tilted her head.

"...and four days?" she asked.  "Why--"

"What better birthday present?" Sairahiniel asked, and Aila's head inclined slowly.

"I said three months," Fortunali said, beaming proudly.  "And, judging from the note in your hands, I'd say that I also win THAT little bet, since she clearly thought that Yávi was the authoress of that note," she added, and Aila let out a low growl as she turned to the Goddess of Fortune.

"Why, you--" she said, unable to hold back a fit of giggles.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate