Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Will-O'-The-Wisp [Self]

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 4:16 PM

Siobhan made her way along to the edge of of the riverbank, moss grew along the stones and ferns jutted out from every nook, cranny, and crevice. The cold had made them shrivel slightly, and everything held a forlorn frost-bitten look to it.

She was a fairly young girl, though her face had an agelessness to it that made it possible to place her age. Twenty? Twenty-five? Thirty? She was heavily-built and carried a slight amount of what her Grandmother tactfully called 'puppy fat'. Siobhan had large, brown eyes and a waterfall of curling brown hair that reached some ways down her back. As she picked her way through the stones, she hummed softly to herself, the sound lost behind the roar of the waterfall.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Will-O'-The-Wisp [Self]

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 4:33 PM

Golyat was a creature of the city by nature, any cities or any towns. The countryside wasn't his place, it was too open, too small. It was easy to slip among the crowd in a city, no one cared. Here, people wanted to know your life story if you simply asked them what the time was. He looked rather curious sitting among the rocks, a cigarette in his hand. His hood and the angle of his head meant that it was impossible for anyone to see his face. One of his arms was bound up in plaster (for the third time) and he held it awkwardly, what little skin visible on his hands was cracking and peeling like old paper. It was an odd skin condition that had always plagued him. If you considered the fact he was some sort of Golem, it wasn't really that surprising.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 4:42 PM

Siobhan decided to ignore the figure on the rocks, he just seemed like the type who was liable to cause trouble. In that observation, she was correct, though not quite in the way she first thought. Pulling her rather large furry hat closer to her head she kept looking around the waterfall. Her eyes scanned every little bit of the frosty river and the plants and rocks surrounding it, it was clear that the woman was looking for something. What she was looking for was remarkably less clear.

"Seamus!" She called suddenly, causing the figure by the rocks to look up for a moment. Siobhan took a precautionary step backwards, finding herself looking into a pair of orange eyes. Curiosity was getting the better of the both of them now, even though their original intention had been to ignore each other for as long as humanly possible.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 4:47 PM

Golyat spoke first. "Who are you looking for?" He asked, flicking away the remains of his cigarette and turning his head away from her so that she couldn't see his face.

For whatever reason something about the young man annoyed Siobhan and she folded her arms. "My brother." He told him sharply.

"Oh?" He enquired.

"He went missing yesterday." Again, her tone was cutting but Golyat didn't seem to mind.

Turning to look at her, the Golem's eyes were clearly visible again. "I hope you find him."

"Me too."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 4:58 PM

A moment of silence followed and Siobhan briefly considered walking off to go look for her brother again. She'd already decided she wasn't keen on this eerie stranger, and she suddenly felt rather vulnerable and it took her a moment to realize just how isolated this place was when there was no one else around. Well, no one but her and the stranger. "Are those... contacts?" Siobhan asked, trying not to show how nervous she was.

"Nope." He replied, pulling back his good a little. There was very little sun today and she was already speaking to him, there was really no point in trying to act mysterious now. One half of his head was covered with a mop of blonde hair that looked fairly natural, it was spiked up a little, but in such a way that pointed to the fact he hadn't brushed his hair for a week rather than he'd spent hours styling it. He'd shaved the other half of his head, which Siobhan found slightly odd, but she guessed it was the 'style' now.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 5:08 PM

The woman assumed he must be an albino... An albino that looked like he was falling apart at that. Part of Siobhan suddenly felt sorry for him. "Uh... Okay then." She said. "I'll er, just be off..."

"What does your brother look like?" Golyat asked suddenly as she was about turn away.

"He's about three inches taller than me, with short brown hair that's a couple of shades lighter than mine and we have the same coloured eyes. He went to seance yesterday night and never came back... The police are looking for him around town but they're not taking it seriously. A lot of young people don't turn up after a late Saturday night, but this isn't like him. He really liked this place, so I thought he might have come up here to think and lost track of the time." She gave a sad smile. "But apparently not."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 5:14 PM

"I'll keep an eye out." He promised, slightly surprising himself. Golyat wasn't a sociable person, in fact he was quite the opposite. A day where he didn't have to speak to anyone was a good idea in his opinion. He had no idea why he was being even the slightest bit polite to her.

"Do you asking me what happened to your arm?" Siobhan asked, curiosity getting the better of her once again. The old saying rang around her head for a moment, but she pushed it aside.

"I don't mind, no." Golyat replied. "I actually fell off a balcony."

"A balcony?!"

"Yeah, third floor. It was real nasty, never doing that again." He told her, laughing slightly. The fact he could have easily died didn't seem to perturb him much.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 5:18 PM

"You were very lucky not to have died." Her mouth hung open slightly in shock as Golyat shrugged his shoulders.

"We all take our chances. I personally thought going near the edge of a rickety balcony was a good idea at the time. Well... Turns out there's better ideas out there."

There was a very slight Irish lilt to Siobhan's words, it wasn't very strong, but it was certainly there. "Yes, like running in front of a bus." Both she and Golyat laughed.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 5:27 PM

"I'm Siobhan Healy by the way." She said, holding out her hand.

"Golyat." He replied, taking it.

"Golyat? Isn't that Jewish?"

"It is, yeah. It's not my proper name though... I mean, well it is, but... It's complicated." The golem admitted with an odd little shrug of his shoulders and Siobhan raised her eyebrows. "Gil for short."

"Okay then, er, Gil." She said slowly.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 5:40 PM

"Sorry. It's kind of a long story."

"I can tell."

"Er, any ideas on where your brother might be?"

Siobhan looked slightly puzzled. "I hate to ask, but... Why do you want to help? Forgive me, but you hardly seem like 'help the community' type of person."

"Okay, you caught me... I'm hopelessly lost and I've lost something. I figure we might find both things that we're looking for. Two heads are better than one."

"What have you lost?"

"A house."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 6:12 PM

"I'm sorry, but how do you lose a house?"

"... Because I don't know where it is."

Siobhan snorted. "Fair enough. So you have no idea where you are?"

"... By a waterfall?" So that was a no, then.

"Very good, Mr. Holmes."

"I was looking for this house, it's called Lichwake House, actually. A big old stately home, a friend of mine works there and it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere."

"I've never heard of the place."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 6:29 PM

"The owners are so reclusive, it's hardly surprising. It apparently look two weeks to convince them that I wasn't an axe murderer or something, and I'm going to be really late. But, I was thinking, while I look for this house, I could look for your brother and vice-versa."

"Sounds like a plan." So, she'd just agreed to go looking for a house she'd never heard of with an albino man she'd met barely five minutes previously and who looked like some sort of criminal. Not only that, her brother was missing and the panic was creeping in despite Siobhan's best attempts at quelling it.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 7:14 PM

It was a good two hours later that they found the house. Encased in frost it almost looked like it had been frozen in time. There were two main parts to the property, a large Tudor wing and a much smaller Georgian one. The family lived within the Georgian one, which was warmer and better furnished while some of the staff made do with the Tudor parts, others, lived in little cottages around the estate. There wasn't really many staff, for the family were only a small one.

"My god." Well, that summed it up quite nicely.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 7:33 PM

"I told you it existed." Golyat smirked. "Anyway, let's find the actual door to this place before we freeze to death or get shot at."

"Get shot at?"

"Yeah, I told you the people who own this place hate trespassers."

"Oh my good grief. You've brought me into a minefield."

The golem rolled his eyes. "For goodness sake, relax. I'm pretty sure you need a permit to shoot trespassers."

"Not helping."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/30/2012 7:56 PM

He laughed. "Come on, Siobhan. Don't be such a chicken, they can't shoot people. Don't you think people might notice if they did? Besides, my friend works here, she knows them."

"So what about this mysterious friend then?"

"Mysterious is just about right. Nonna likes to collect strays-"

"Like stray animals?"

"More like stray people. And shush, I'm talking. Don't interrupt. Anyway, I was kind of in a bit of a bad spot. Like... Unconscious by the side of the road bad spot and she helped me out. So... There you have it." This was obviously not something he wanted to dwell on because he quickly started to walk towards the house.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next