Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

[* You Look Familiar [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/15/2012 1:42 PM

Idalani was a nice change of scenery, considering he was always surrounded by thieves or questionable people. But that was the crowd of places like the Slums and the dark corners of small towns, wasn't it? He was only asking for it if he stayed in those places.

Idalani, on the other hand, was a happy, fun-loving place where little lovers could come around and enjoy themselves. No criminals or killers here; he would probably be safe around here, where no one was after his head or trying to hire him to do a killing. Being one of Evelon's most popular killer Lucain, it had brought many petty people to ask him to kill someone. However, his tune had changed since then, and it seemed like, despite him keeping low, people still hadn't caught on that his killings actually had a reason to them.

What depressing talk. Surely he had better things to think about, especially in this wonderland-like setting? And in fact, he did, as soon as his nose caught a whiff of something delicious.

He crouched down as he followed the squirrel slowly and quietly. He hadn't hunted in a very long time, nor had he used this form in many months — perhaps even over a year. It was a little rusty, but things like hunting couldn't be lost, just like riding a bicycle. You just had to get used to it, is all.

As he followed the squirrel, he eventually caught a sniff of some Lucain smells around him. His first thought was that it was just a wild Lucain who'd passed by... and that was all he thought about. Nobody was around, and this squirrel was his. His muscles tensed as he readied himself to jump, and...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* You Look Familiar [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 07/15/2012 2:15 PM

...and then, another form leapt out from the bushes and landed away from the black-and-white Lucain, snarling and scaring off the squirrel quite effectively.  It had only taken her a second to catch the scent of someone unfamiliar within the Darkpaw territory, especially since those of her bloodline carried a particular scent, a scent that was familiar to her.

Tihs scent, however, had been both unfamiliar... and familiar at the same time.

She couldn't explain it at first.  But then, slowly, it started to come back to her.  The sounds of battle.  The memories of the war that had been fought ages ago.  The one battle which she had fought.  Waking up after Lady Sa'ouna had resurrected her on the field of battle.  She sniffed the air a little deeper, hoping that her memory was tricking her...

...but the deeper scenting of the air had only confirmed her memories.

"You..." she said, her voice tense.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/15/2012 3:01 PM

Well, there went his lunch. The sudden appearance of a female Lucain intrigued him, but the fact that his squirrel had been scared away was fairly disappointing. He stared as the squirrel scampered away, its little heart probably about to burst from having two predators jumping at it. Ah, but what was he going to do now?

He straightened up, now that the squirrel was out of the picture. He ruffled his fur a little, his tails waiving a little behind him. "Well, that was pretty lousy for a hunter. Growling at your prey isn't really the way to go," he commented as he tilted his head a little and grinned at the stranger. "I'll starve now that you chased my lunch away." But despite his comments, his expression and his tone of voice indicated that he thought this was more amusing than frustrating. It had been a little hunting game, but now it was game over. Oh well.

When the female Lucain called out to him with a generic "you", he tilted his head a little more, curiosity in his eyes. "Me... what?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow, with a grin still on his face. "Have we met before?" This Lucain didn't ring any bells, but she seemed quite intrigued by his presence here.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/15/2012 4:19 PM

"I... can't place it right off the top of my head... or can I?" Tali asked, but the last part was mostly to herself, more than to this strange-yet-familiar Lucain.  "I think... no, wait, I remember now," she said, her voice tensing with conviction.  She waited a few moments before she spoke again, and when she did, her voice was hardened.

"You were my lone opponent... the only one aside from my counterpart that I trained with that could even hold a candle to my strength... the only one that could possibly best me in combat," she said, her eyes darkening slightly.  "You were my only opponent."

This was said with a sense of conviction, and Tali was becoming more and more certain as she thought on it.  He looked slightly different, but that aura she felt--that scent she had caught--was too familiar to ignore.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/15/2012 4:55 PM

So she wasn't going to replace his lunch? That was sort of disappointing.

"You remember... what?" The more Taliña went on, the larger he grinned. To him, this Lucain was almost speaking nonsense, as if they'd met before, despite the fact that they really hadn't. He couldn't remember her, so his only guess was that she only knew him from—

"Combat?" He blinked at the female Lucain in front of him, and then something finally caught on in his mind. Did she mean the war? The one that had happened almost five years ago? A little less than that, but an even number always sounded better. "So, do you mean the Imperial and Purine war, then? That's the only real form of combat I've done," he eventually replied, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Hmm... but I can't say I can really place you," he admitted as he scratched his chin with a claw; even in this form, he was constantly doing gestures that were more typical of humans. "Hmm, I remember one pretty fiery female Lucain that I fought in the war, though. Sadina, or something like that?" he mused outloud, waiting for this female to confirm or contradict his words. He could vaguely remember fighting a pretty challenging female Lucain in the war, but he was constantly fighting against everyone, so it was hard to really recall everything.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/17/2012 12:21 PM

Taliña was about ready to strike this male across the face; was he just being incompetent, or was he maybe the wrong male after all?  No--she was certain that this was the male that had claimed her life before Sa'ouna so graciously gave it back to her.  Scoffing slightly, she reached into the small pack that was on her back and pulled out a piece of cured venison and tossed it to him.

"Here.  Venison is a lot tastier than those squirrels, trust me," she said, her voice flat as she said this.  Here, though, she walked away a little bit, drawing in deep breaths as she listened to him speak.  When he said "Sadina", however, she whirled around angrily.

"I do believe that you mean Taliña," she said sternly.  "Even though your appearance has changed a slight bit, I never forget a face... Senervel.  That is your name, isn't it?" she asked, her tone almost arrogant.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[4]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/17/2012 8:46 PM

If Taliña wanted to smack him, Senervel was quite pleased with how the conversation was turning out.

At the offer of some venison, the male Lucain perked up a little bit. Oh? Although the female had been fairly flat and even defensive towards him, she was offering him some deer? "Well, one always has to watch their weight, don't they? But if you do insist, I thank you for the offer," he answered, with a typical obnoxious comment just to add to the atmosphere. Without adding anything more, he dove right in and bit into the meat in order to grab a mouthful.

He was chewing thoughtfully when he saw Taliña whirling around suddenly, and even snapping at him for his comment. When she said her name outloud, though, his eyes blinked slowly for a moment before something finally clicked in his head. "Hahah! I think I remember now," he blurted out as he chuckled. "From the Imperials, weren't you? One of the strongest they had." That one female Lucain who had beaten so many others, and whom had stood at his level on the enemy side during the war. "I'm flattered you remember me, despite me killing you, heh. But... no hard feelings, I assume?" After all, she was offering some of her meat to him, so... she wasn't upset about dying and all, right?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate