Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

A Night in the Jungle

Postby Kyrit » 12/13/2012 2:25 PM

It was quite the relief when someone took the child out of his arms. It'd been what... hours now that he'd been stuck carrying him? Despite Nano's enthusiasm, Absell wasn't quite sure yet about their party composition. The group seemed... haphazardly placed together by the cheery psychic. Then again, Nano probably saw something in each of the members that Absell couldn't see. Right now all he could see was a snake Chaos that didn't listen and did what he wanted, an insane Fallen that well... literally all you could say about her was she was insane, a klutz that caused more trouble half the time than good, and then himself and Razi. He'd known Razi for a while now and so far didn't have anything bad to say about her other than the fact she was a Dweller. He didn't hate them like he did Chaos, but they weren't Zu'hai's creations and thus didn't hold up well in his eyes. He could at least get along with them though, considering he usually tried to pose as a Dweller anyways.

Maybe some of the party would shape up. Taimi honestly did seem to be trying to help the group, and often times had with the ability to sort of feel what someone's intentions were. If she weren't a Chaos, he'd probably feel bad for her whenever she screwed something up on accident. Well, maybe he did feel a little bad for her, but not really much. He'd at least put up with her since she was making an effort. Viru, he felt like, might prove to be a problem though. He was exceptionally self centered and very full of himself. He refused to listen when told not to poison someone and hadn't bothered helping Taimi when she was stuck on the side of the cliff after being spotted. If they were going to all work as a team, Viru would have to start actually being more of a team worker.

No matter what, they'd at least made it back safely to the base... for now. He rolled his shoulder around, followed by his neck. Still covered in the blood of a murdered Chaos, he turned to the remaining members of the group. "I think I'm going to stick around here for a while and get some training in before heading off for the night." Eventually his eyes fell specifically upon Razi. "You going to tag along or are you going to head out?"
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: A Night in the Jungle

Postby Moofius » 12/14/2012 5:20 AM

Until they were back at headquarters Razi had felt tightly wound and on edge. Her group was unfamiliar and off kilter, even dysfunctional. As a dweller Razi was well versed in working as a group, dwellers were many of one mind (or had been in the earlier times when her mind and the Will resonated completely, she was of one mind and it was the Will always and without question). They had to work together because they were not as strong as even a human on their own, and vulnerable to attack.

This group was not communicating and not working together.

Attempts were made to connect with Tiami by Razi and seemed to have met with positive responses. Razi had also made a point to keep the girl as safe as possible without interfering with any of her attacks, and had asked for help many times on the mission. These requests of another’s skills seemed to bolster confidence and willingness to participate within a group, Tiami was no different than any other human (or chaos) Razi had ever worked with. Still the young chemist seems unsure of herself and unconfident in herself. She has proven to be a liability as much as she has provided herself as an asset.

Viru. Does not follow orders, does not assist a team member in need, unpredictable and powerful. Viru was a threat to the group but a powerful ally if he could be made to follow orders. How to approach him, well it`s hard to say. He does not seem the type to follow suggestions so it might be important to enact a leader of the group, one with some leadership skills and perhaps some power over Viru. Perhaps she would speak with Nano on this particular problem.

The tinkerer was mentally unstable, unable and unwilling to socialize with anyone in the group, unresponsive and... currently with Nano. Razi still wasn`t sure what sort of use she might be but this mission has not had much of a chance for the strange fallen to prove her worth and Razi was not the type to question her leaders decision.

That left Absell. A fallen angel who liked to pretend he was a dweller, he was aggressive and hated chaos and hunted them relentlessly. Razi did not have any feeling for or against him (or anyone else). He seemed to be a capable fighter and killed not when necessary, but so long as it did not interfere with the mission. He had not endangered anyone in the group directly (or indirectly that she had caught) and so presented himself as the most stable of the group after herself (he still had emotions and did not ere on the side of caution) and was showing himself to be the most capable of the group.

It was Absell who addressed her, asking her what she would do now. With no physical needs to attend it seems like a good choice.
“Perhaps I will,” Razi said, flicking a shadow needle out from the shadow the sleeve of her shirt cast on her wrist, “it would be good to become more familiar with your style, and you mine. That way we can assist one another in our kills, instead of being redundant or even hindering one another.”
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2012 9:24 PM

"Well, the first thing to keep in mind if we're going to work together..." Absell started off as he started to walk away from the rest of the group, "would be to not get in my way. I wouldn't purposely go out of my way to harm an ally, but I won't stay my blade just to make sure they aren't caught in the crossfire if they do something stupid."

Taimi seemed like she needed a break and time to cool down, and he simply wasn't interested in Viru coming along to train, she the Fallen hadn't bothered asking either of them if they wished to train. As he continued to walk away, he held out his right hand and a katar seemed to form in the similar form that a Dweller would summon forth a weapon. Obviously this wasn't really the weapon of a Dweller, but he'd disguised it with practice to fit in with his own disguise. This was also a different weapon than he had been using earlier that day. The scythe he had been carrying was more suited for combat against the Chaos, what with being his Seraphim blade he'd taken with him. It was also better suited for threatening the group and ensuring the woman hadn't been able to escape from him. The katar on the other hand had its fair share of usefulness.

With the katar he could move around easier and would be able to have one hand free easier. Fighting with the scythe best depended on the use of both hands for control, which he would admit had been slightly hard with that young boy in his arms. He should have taken the time to change weapons earlier, but it had just seemed a better idea to stick with the scythe anyways.

"I doubt Nano has any illusions of fake Chaos running about, but I'm sure we could find something that would make decent target practice if we look good enough."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: A Night in the Jungle

Postby Moofius » 12/18/2012 4:53 AM

Razi lifted a brow, "I hope you wield a chaos blade. Should you cause me grievous harm you will likely end up killing not only me but everyone in the area." She was an actual dweller and was prone to imploding when grievously harmed. She wouldn't bother to say that she would try to lessen the death toll of her team mates if she could.

Looking over the forest she nodded, yes it was likely fairly safe if Nano had been using it to catch butterflies. Actually...
"Small, erratic targets might be easy to find, since Nano was hunting butterflies." Razi offered as she started to ,ove into the jungle area, moving deeper and automatically towards the shadows where she felt most at home. Bright lights bothered her and made it hard to use her shadow abilities. She was stronger when she could move about unnoticed and kill from a distance, it was how she was.

"What happens if you do something stupid and that action would harm one of your allies?" Razi asked, watching Absell while watching out for potential targets, "Tiami is clearly not the most experienced field operative, and Viru is a loose canon. Mohaniel... She is insane." There wasn't much grace in the statement, false kindness for Tiami who she felt had potential considering how useful she had been.
"Of all of us you seem to hold the most control. I have been wondering if we should ask Nano to enact a leader of our group. I would request that you be the leader," Razi frowned as she flicked one shadow needle carelessly into a tree, pinning a butterfly to the trees bark by one wing, the insect panicking and flappling it's one free wing, a bright blue and red spot on an otherwise dark surface.
"except, from your admission, you are not a team player. Who would you suggest to lead this group and bring some sort of order to our unruly team?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/18/2012 7:17 PM

"No such luck," Absell chipped in upon the mention of a Chaos blade. He knew full well what a serious injury to Razi could do to their entire group, but that didn't change his opinion on the subject. If it got him his goal, Absell wouldn't stop if she were in the way. Granted he'd obviously think of other options since he did enjoy his own life, but if that was ultimately what it took he didn't care. "My suggestion would just be to not get in my way, though I trust your skills as a fighter currently, so I'm sure that won't become a problem."

As he continued to walk along, he listened to Razi but mostly listened to the environment, waiting to hear the right sound to signal the rush of some small animal to escape or hide. "First off," he started out, giving a quick glance Razi's way without allowing himself to become too distracted, "I probably wouldn't do something 'stupid'. I do think about my own actions and what they can cause. I'm not going to just make a rash action considering I do know that if I kill one of you Nano could become rather upset with me. Second, if I do have to injure an ally for some reason, there always is the ability to heal them as long as I can minimize the damage."

He spoke from experience on that one. Absell, being a frontliner, was used to being in danger's way. Getting hurt was often normal during a mission, though one always tried not to. He'd had to heal himself many times over the course of working for the Rebellion after taking a hit to ensure his target would not escape.

"For a leader..." His speech paused for a moment in order to throw his katar - something he didn't usually do. It was quickly followed by a screech before he walked through some bushes and bent down to pick it back up. A Leplora. Not a bad score. As he jerked the blade free, he stood and turned back to Razi, "I know I'm probably not fit. Honestly, none of us are. I think Nano's going insane if he'd put this group together. If I had to pick though, it'd either be yourself or Taimi, if only because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders despite being a klutz. I know you, as a Dweller, won't be having emotions that will get in the way of our missions."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate