Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: I will love you til the end of time [HUNT] {Self}

Postby kabuto_rocks » 02/25/2013 1:48 PM

Even though it could only have been mere seconds, it felt like an eternity before she responded. Each second only gave him more time to regret his decision. How could he have been so stupid? Now he would lose everything. Not that he thought she would kick him out or anything (at least, he hoped she wouldn't) but there was no way he could stay with her now. Soon enough she'd get that look of pity in her eyes and then that would be it. He couldn't stand her pitying him. He'd rather give it all up than see that.

He almost lost it again when she told him to look at her. There, that was the look! Those pink eyes were beautiful, heartbreakingly so. Just when he was wondering whether or not he could discreetly throw himself in the river, she finally replied to him. And what he heard he couldn't believe.

"You...you love me?" he stammered, wondering if this was some kind of crazy realistic dream. Actually, that was a very real possibility travelling with her. Perhaps he'd been drugged by some kind of alien chemical or weird pollen or something, "As in, you love me? Why?"

{1/5, 26}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 02/25/2013 2:13 PM

His complete bewilderment was only all the more adorable to her. She couldn't help laughing at his expression, at the same time wishing he would make this a bit easier. Did he have to be so delightfully insecure?

"Yes, I love you silly. You've always meant a lot to me Ben. And there are plenty of reasons! Aren't I always telling you how special you are?" It didn't half annoy her when her companions refused to realise their true worth. Thankfully Ben had always been pretty confident in that regard. Sadly that only made it all the more jarring when he lost that confidence.

She spoke with warm affection, but as she went on her smile faded. It was time to be realistic.
"I do love you," she admitted, "But...I can't love you. We can't be together, not in the way you want. I can't really explain why, but you have to trust me that it's something very important. And if there were any other way then I would take it." Now she had gotten it out, she couldn't help wondering if she'd made things worse. At least if she'd rejected him, he would have gotten over her eventually. But now...well, she had given him hope. False hope, because no matter how strongly she felt, she couldn't risk it all for him.

Can't you?

{1/5, 26}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/01/2013 2:13 AM

If there was still daylight, it would be near impossible to see, and if it was past nightfall, only few would actually notice it. Some people reported seeing a comet shooting overhead, while others saw the 'comet' landing in a bright flash of light in a nearby bush, or in the middle of the path in front of them.

It seemed, this Valentines, that the Legend of Love was indeed true, for the item that lay nearby, ready for your discovering, was Valentines related.
If you wandered over to the light you would discover:
Rose
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 03/01/2013 1:09 PM

He felt a mixture of joy and utter surprise at her words, as he slowly realized that she had meant what she'd said before. She loved him. She loved him! Ben had seen parts of the universe he'd never even imagined, so many awe-inspiring sights but this-this was truly dizzying. It felt like a thousand stars had just exploded around his head.

His happiness was so intense that he barely paid attention to what she said next. It didn't seem to really matter to him either way. Whatever it was that she was worried about, he was sure they could overcome it. If she really did care for him then he could see no good reason why they shouldn't be together. She was probably just apprehensive because he wasn't like her and so she saw him as fragile, likely to be vulnerable to danger or something. But hadn't he already proved himself to her through being her companion? Once she realized he wasn't going to give up, he was sure the problem would go away. It had to.

Just as he was about to express this intention, a bright light caught his eye. While it might have been difficult for most to spot, Ben was rather more experienced with bright lights in the sky. Instantly his guard was up.

"What in Evelon was that?"

{2/5, 27}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 03/01/2013 4:30 PM

Uh oh. When she had finished her piece she had waited patiently for his reaction. To be honest, she hadn't quite known what he would do. That was partially why she liked him so much-unlike most people she encountered, he really was very unpredictable. But the second she saw his grin she knew she was in trouble. That wasn't a 'I accept what you're saying, we can't be together' smile. It was more a 'I'm not listening to word you say, I'm too busy being adorable and loving you' kind of smile.

Just when she was practically praying for some kind of distraction or something, she got her wish. The light was faint but it was enough to grab her attention. The sight of a comet was intriguing enough at any time, but right now it was just what she needed. And thankfully it seemed to have distracted Ben.

"I don't know," she murmured, her feet already beginning to move away from the water, "We should probably go check it out though. Admittedly my knowledge of comets is a bit rusty but I'm fairly sure one shouldn't be here now." Before Ben had a chance to answer (or switch the topic back to impossible romance) Euphoria was racing away from him, heading for where it looked like the light had fallen down. No, definitely wasn't a comet then. Not if these beautiful falls were still standing

{2/5, 27}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 03/25/2013 8:48 AM

To be honest, Ben was more than a little peeved at her just running off like that. Granted, he could hardly blame her. Most people would be drawn to a mysterious glowing light, and Euphoria was far more curious than 'most people'. On the other hand, they had been in the middle of a rather important discussion. Did that mean nothing to her?

"Wait up!" He called crossly, knewing that she wouldn't. Already he was racing behind her, using the indentations in the grass as clues to which path she had taken. It was amazing how fast she could run when she was properly motivated. Again, he couldn't help but be hurt by that. Was she running towards the light or away from him?

Finally he caught up to her, puffing and wheezing with the effort of it. You'd think by now he'd be in better shape, what with all the practice he'd had.
"What...what was it?" He began, tone changing when he saw her expression. It was a rare one to see on her face, and yet he'd been privileged enough to see it twice already that night.

Shock

{3/5, 28}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/02/2013 8:32 AM

The sight of the object had stunned Euphoria so much that she barely registered Ben's arrival. It was only when he spoke that his voice broke her out of her trance. Turning round, she met his gaze hollowly.

"It's a rose." She watched as his face crumpled into that adorable confused expression he so often pulled. This time however, she shared his confusion. There weren't many things in this universe which baffled her completely, but this she really couldn't figure out. The flower was beautiful, still bathed in that eerie light. It had seemingly dropped out of the sky, but she couldn't think of a single logical explanation for it doing so.

A rose...the flower of love

Stop it! It's just a coincidence that's all. It doesn't mean-

Approval? That it's a sign?

Uncertainly, she gazed up at the sky. There were no more flashes of light, no nothing. Just this single rose. Gently, she picked up and gave it a timid sniff. The scent was so rich and so sweet that it was overwhelming. Without a second's thought she turned back to face Ben, and it was then she knew with both her hearts what she would do.

She hugged him.

It was a sudden thing and clearly it caught him off guard, but seconds later he was hugging her back and before she knew what she was doing, she was weeping into his shoulder. Wow, tears and shock-two rare occurances in one night. And love of couse. Love she wasn't going to ignore.

Truth be told she still wasn't sure what the rose meant, whether it was a sign, a coincidence or just one of those weird things that happened. But she knew what she wanted it to mean and that was good enough for her. Prophecy be damned-she was in love and she wasn't going to risk losing it. Not this time

{4/5, 29}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous