Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Starry-eyed [SELF] [Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/14/2013 8:56 PM

Image Image

Gina and Grigory

The paragon strolled into the clearing, each from a different path. Both of them had a goal in mind; though not strictly different, their goals were not quite the same either... For her, the prospect of a potential mate was the lure, with the security that would bring. For him, the prosperity a mate would bring, and the end to his loneliness were the attraction. Each had high hopes for that which started on this night, when lovers collide...

[1]
[1]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2051
Donate

Re: Starry-eyed [HUNT]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/17/2013 8:36 PM

Gina picked a bright lily from the nearest tree, and placed it in her mane - hopefully whomever it was she was due to meet would think it an attractive accessory. She sighed, then held her head upright - whomever this male was that her tribe sisters had agreed upon to set her up with, she would refuse to show her nerves to him!

Grigory took one last look at his scales, to make sure they gleamed. He had spent several hours during the day, preening and polishing until his hide shone - his wings glittered in the moonlight. and he all but sparkled when he moved. As customary for one in his tribe, he had brought a gift for his potential mate - a crystal about the size of his claw, which shone in the moonlight with an unearthly glow - hopefully this female would see the attraction in the novelty...

[2]
[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/21/2013 7:28 PM

They met, and they bowed, and the crystal changed hands- well, claws. She smiled in approval; someone had certainly gotten their notebook out when choosing this handsome fellow! As for Grigory, he stared at the beautiful female in front of him, and smiled. He was going to be absolutely loathed by the others in the tribe! When they said they were going to set him up on a blind date, he had been worried, but now he made mental plans to thank them when he saw them!

[3]
[3]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/21/2013 7:33 PM

"Good evening; my pleasure to make your aquaintance. My name is Gina." She batted her eyelids in the moonlight - after all, reptiles, regardless of how magnificent they are, do not have eyelashes - and smiled at him.

"Good evening, my lady; I am Grigory, and the pleasure is all mine." He spoke with what one would call a Russian accent, and his handsome face bore a slightly wolfish grin. He was large, and strong, and - most importantly - he was here to be her mate.

[4]
[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/21/2013 7:48 PM

"Shall we take a walk along the path?" Grigory asked, inhaling the scent of the female on the breeze. She smelled better than the flowers blooming all around!

"Indeed; I have heard that the view from the falls is magnificent. Perhaps we should head towards them?" Gina replied, falling into step with him. Together, they made their way, walking quietly for all their size.

[5]
[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/21/2013 7:51 PM

As they walked, they talked of everything and nothing. Of warm days in sunlight, and cold nights in empty nests - or caves, as may be - and how they had each asked their tribemates to find them a match. "And how do you think they did?" asked Gina, coyly. Grigory didn't even pause before replying "Magnificently". By the time they got to the falls, their tails were intertwined.

[6]
[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/23/2013 2:41 PM

"It's beautiful!" Gina breathed, staring at the skyline beyond the lip of the falls. Grigory merely smiled, as he saw her eyes light up at the sight. There were many lunafly drifting over the lake at the top of the falls, and they were somehow making music - as they do during their courtships. Grigory smiled, and took Gina's hand. "Shall we dance?" He asked, already moving into position.

[7]
[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/23/2013 2:45 PM

Gina nodded her assent, and took up her position opposite them. As they began to move, they didn't notice the lunafly begin to swarm around them until they were twirling in the centre of a spiral of singing lunafly!

"Look at them, dancing around us!" Gina exclaimed softly in awe, as Grigory chuckled. "I take it you are enjoying yourself, then" he asked, grinning. She smiled back at him, and the lunafly increased their volume!

[8]
[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/23/2013 2:49 PM

All of a sudden, the music changed pace - going from soft and gentle, to a racing-

"Have you a human form you can switch to?" asked Grigory, recognising the tune. Gina looked at him curiously, before replying; "yes, but may I ask why?"

"Because, my fair lady, it is extremely difficult to tango in this form" said Grigory with a wily grin, already shifting forms. Gina smiled, blushing, before following suit.

[9]
[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:09 PM

As she twirled, Gina's scales transformed into a flowing dress. Her hair became longer, her horns receded, and her claws became patent black heeled shoes. Where had stood a beautiful paragon was now occupied by a gorgeous woman, looking no older than thirty, with a grin lighting up her face.

Grigory spun once, effortlessly changing form. His scales became a tuxedo, he grew hair where his fringe had been, and his clawed hand scooped a rose up for his companion as it changed into a gloved one.

[10]
[10]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:11 PM

"Now, my lady, this is much easier. Care to dance?" Grigory asked, bowing low. He proffered the rose, which Gina took and placed between her teeth. He straightened as he stepped forward, and took her firmly into his arms. "Now my dear, prepare yourself." And the dance began.

[11]
[11]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:13 PM

He spun her slowly at first, allowing her to find her feet. As the music increased in tempo, they moved together faster, finding a rhythm that suited them both. At the rising crescendo, he dipped her, and they panted for a moment, lost in each other's eyes, before the began again. On and on they moved, not caring who saw or what happened around them. Lost in the music, time had no meaning.

[12]
[12]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:16 PM

At length her feet began to ache, and Gina cast her shoes off into the grass. She flexed her toes, feeling the earth between them, and laughed. Grigory laughed to see her so free, and immediately removed his own shoes, so as not to step on her. Taking her hand once more, they danced again into the night, with the flitterflies lighting their path. They would not stop until dawn.

[13]
[13]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 3:35 PM

As dawn arose, Gina smiled and sat on the grass on the peak of the hill to watch it. Grigory sat beside her, content to swing one arm around her shoulders. This night had been one for the records, though he was unsure where it would lead. That, however, was a conversation for after the sun had risen. In the morning light, it was time for reflection on the perfection of the moment.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 3:38 PM

Grigori sighed; the sun was up, the grass was moist, and it was time to talk. "My lady," he began, "I do not wish to alarm you, but it is time to converse. May I ask what your intentions are of me after last night?"

Gina looked at him with a sad little smile. "Last night was a perfect night; a perfect date, a perfect partner, a perfect beginning. However, I must advise you that a continuation of this will be difficult - my employment is dangerous, and requires much travel and excavation."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next