Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: Can You Feel the Love? [Hunt, P, Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 02/21/2013 2:11 AM

"Yeah. Jus' like red roses," Ailbhe said. With dexterity, she passed her foot over her heart and held up her rose. "But yanno, in movie dates an' stuff, people on dates jus'... sit around, an' call each other mushy stuff, an' drink pop from one glass wif two straws. An' jus' callin' you nicknames don't sound so fun. An' we don't got no pop. So I dunno what weah s'posed to do. Do we jus'... talk about dings? An' if we jus' do sumfin' togedda like we usually would, does dat still count?"

*~*~*~*

"Woah," Odhran said. He stuck his head inside. The air within was damp, but warm. It didn't smell stale, as if it had been trapped down there--it smelled fresh, as if the passageway had perhaps been opened recently. Odhran nosed inside, then retreated to Fei.

"I... gee, it kinda looks like maybe someone's using that. It, um. It's also... a little dark." He gulped. "Do... do you still want to go inside? I... I'm not sure if I want to. It's a little... OK! It's a little scary!" He swallowed again. "But... but I'll be alright. If you go with me."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/21/2013 3:53 AM

Tweety tilted his head back, chuckling. "Well, we can always go get pop on some later date. Or maybe we could start up a business selling pop here. With folding tables and everything for those couples who like authentic movie dates." He waved a wing vaguely. "Speaking of movies...or, well, TV, did you catch the last episode of CSI: Medicai last night?"

Fei also peered in, the glow of her flames allowing her a better look. Tilting her head down, she noticed damp footprints on the ground. "You're right," she said, moving aside a bit so that he could see as well. "It looks like someone was just using it, in fact..." She began to back up. "Well, if someone was just using it, then it might be a bad idea...on the other hand, it could be an adventure!" Upon hearing Odhran's admission of fear, she moved closer, nuzzling his cheek. "I'm glad you think that way," she admitted. "Well...if someone was using it, they're not using it now, so maybe we can at least see where this goes."

[59, 138]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/21/2013 4:38 AM

"Oh yeah!" Ailbhe popped up with a spring of her wings. "Oh man! Dat was a good'un! Yunno, I didn't dink dey could get a commediene like 'er to pull off a creepy murderer like dat. But man, she was a great actress! I liked da fact dat dey didn't actually show if it was her or not. Like, you nevah found out fuh real. An' it sure looked like it was 'er, but she got off. Gave me da chills!"

*~*~*~*~*

Odhran adhered closely to Fei's side. Close enough that their shoulders and flanks brushed... not entirely on accident. He gave a nervous giggle and strode alongside her towards the cave. "Perhaps a little adventure is good! Gets your heart racing. And if nothing else... it, uh. It gives me an excuse to be close to you." He pressed in, and if he could have, he blushed. He bent down to peak at the footprints. The light from Fei cast them into relief.

"Hmm... it looks like paw prints from some tiny animal. Mocha Picchu? Rattegan? No." He squinted at them closer. "Sparquill, I think. Think there's a Sparquill in here somewhere who also snuck off to be with his special someone? I feel a bit bad if so... We all need a little privacy, today." With Fei close, and with the footprints in front of him, he felt a bit better. A Sparquill wasn't much to be afraid of.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/21/2013 12:21 PM

"Aw, yeah," said Tweety. "It's kind of weird how she was a comedian in the show too, which made her even more creepy! And the parts where they had clips of her character doing her comedy routine next to that...part where they rewind and show you how they think the murder happened. And then that part kept changing! And they kept using different clips and somehow made just the comedy part look creepy."

"Oh," said Fei, looking down at the pawprints as well. She focused for a moment, and glowed brighter for a bit. "It doesn't seem he's here anymore, though. Maybe this is just a shortcut through the trees or something. Besides, Sparquills glow too, right? If we see anything shining in front of us that looks like a Sparquill, we can always just turn back and leave him alone."

[60, 139]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/21/2013 1:41 PM

"I KNOW!" Ailbhe clapped her wings. "I mean, wif dat show, sometimes it's hit or miss, yanno? But I love all da episodes written by dat F. G. Carris fella. Or maybe chicky. I dunno. Dey got initials an' dose could mean anyfin'. But yeah, I dink Carris got a way wit' words or sumfin'. Dey should get togedda wif my sis, yanno? An' not, like... togedda-togedda, like... yunno, today. I jus' mean, I dink dey would enjoy talkin' wif eachudda. Hmm. But I guess we're just talkin' wif eachudda, too. Is... is dis right? Are we allowed to do dis? Like I said, I dunno the right way to do dese... date-dings..."

*~*~*~*~*

"Right!" Odhran nodded in agreement. With a clip-clop, Odhran pressed into the cave. He found himself stepping to avoid the footprints, as if afraid to intrude on the Sparquill even in spirit. The light began to fade out behind them, and the dark of the cave was flooded with the light from Fei's flames. What if the Sparquill is in here? What if he's mad? What if there are... other things in the dark? Odhran shook out his head and hung close to Fei. The cavern bent and twisted away from the light, and the sounds from the outside world faded. It was just the two of them, together, away from the rest of the world.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/21/2013 7:41 PM

"Your sister?" asked Tweety, looking over to her. "I don't think you ever mentioned anything about her! What's she like?" He paused a bit. "That is the kind of thing you talk about on dates, isn't it? Learning all about each others' families and stuff."

Fei smiled reassuringly at Odhran, even as they continued deeper into the cave together. "Don't worry," she said, leaning close to him. "I can't hear or smell anyone here but us." She looked around, wondering where the best place to stop for a bit of romantic togetherness would be.

[61, 140]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/22/2013 3:38 AM

"Oh, yeah! I suppose you gotta meet each udda's families at some point, right? So we might as well talk about dem. Uh, my sistuh is named Ciara. She's real smart! One o' dem fancy book-learnin' types. She was on a gameshow once! A real smart-person one where you gotta solve puzzles to escape dis mansion-ding, an' if you make it out in time you win big. She did! I dink she used 'er winnin's to 'elp 'er while she worked on 'er doctorate. She's a bit olduh dan me. An' she's a Winter Kitrell. ...So, uh, what's your family like?"

((Man, I fail at keeping Ailbhe's accent consistent. There's a reason I label it "implacable..."))

*~*~*~*

"Oh, Fei, look!"

Odhran lifted his hoof and pointed ahead. In the glow from Fei's flames, something was illuminated ahead. And it did not merely show up in the light--it caught it and reflected it. Suddenly feeling much better, Odhran bounded ahead, towards several beautiful, large crystals sprouting from the walls. In Fei's light, it was hard to tell if they were any particular color. But with her nearby, the whole passage glowed a deep, rose red from the reflected crystal's light. It was stunning.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/22/2013 12:29 PM

Tweety looked at the sky again. "Well...I never actually knew my birth parents. They just left me on Gray's doorstep, and I got taken in by my mom and dad. Mom's a Turkezilla and Dad's a Torken, so they couldn't have their own children anyways, but they're pretty much my real parents otherwise." He paused again. "And for some reason, Piyos seem to keep showing up there...they've taken in two other Piyos, my little sister Anne and the newest baby Bill."

Fei gasped when she saw the crystals as well. "How beautiful," she whispered, gazing at it. "Do you think this is what the tunnel was meant to hide?"

[62, 141]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/23/2013 3:50 PM

"Sounds real sweet. Yeah," Ailbhe said. "I dink families is families, no matter what. You got yuh ma and da, you got yuh bruddas an' sistuhs, yuhs are all good. Me, da people at da Dashall's--da place me 'n' Odd-Owe moved to--dey're like a second family to me, too. I miss my ma 'n' da sometimes too, but da Dashalls, dey're always good t'me. I like playin' wif da Kuhnas dat live dere. Dey're always a lotta fun. Chasin' down livestock, buggin' Rodeo... yeah, good times. Yuh should come over sometime an' see it." Ailbhe sniffed. "Dat... dat's a good date ding ta do, right? Makin' plans fuh future date-stuff?"

*~*~*~*~*

"It must have been," Odhran nodded. "It's so beautiful."

His heart thumped in his chest, and he looked sideways at Fei. An idea and a phrase jumped up and down on his tongue. Dare he put word to it? No... it was too silly. But no! Surely she would like it? He stammered through his words.

"But, um. They're not... not as pretty as... uh. I think you, um, that is to say... They don't look like you. I mean, you look nicer than... You're the prettier one here, s'what I'm sayin'."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/23/2013 8:03 PM

Tweety nodded. "That does sound like fun to see!" he agreed. "And you should come meet my parents too. My dad's a really good cook. I'm sure he'll want to show you some of his recipes or something like that. And yeah, when you have a good date you definitely want to make plans for more!" Hopefully, they wouldn't be too embarrassing about this being-with-a-girl thing. Oh...who was he kidding? They would be. He'd just have to hope they didn't scare her off.

Fei tilted her head. "It's okay," she said. "I mean, obviously I'm very different from a crystal, so we can both be beautiful, can't we? Still, thanks for the compliment." She looked down, searching the ground. "Do you see any pieces on the ground? I'm pretty sure no one would mind us taking already fallen pieces as souvenirs."

[63, 142]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/24/2013 6:55 AM

"Mmmm! I do love good food," Ailbhe agreed. "Dere's dis really great candy store in da town we live close to. Guy called Kane Peppermint owns da place. He makes real good chocolate an' candy sticks an' all sorts o' stuff! Oh... I shoulda brought yuh some!" She whacked her forehead with her wing. "Duh! Dat's, like, da ultimate romantic fing dat's not flowuhs, right? An' it's extra-special good chocolate, so you'd like me bettuh. You'd probably even give me a kiss right dere, 'cuz it was such a good gift an' you just couldn't help yuhself. Uh... if yuh wanted to. Not dat I'd make you kiss me or anyfing..."

((I think I'm actually laying her accent on thicker as this RP goes on. Heh.))

*~*~*~*

"I didn't really bring any saddle bags, though," Odhran sighed. "I mean, I could pick some up in my mouth, but then we couldn't talk. Uh... but I suppose we don't really need to talk. Um." He felt himself blushing, even if it wasn't exactly obvious in the red light. "But I do like to talk to you. Maybe I could balance one on my back? If I walked really carefully."

He bent down to search the floor, to see if any crystal shards had fallen. Now, now that they were finally away from the hectic crowds outside, alone and quiet, he allowed himself to really look at Fei. And for the first time, he noticed that she seemed to be wearing some kind of necklace.

"...Fei? Did--are you wearing a new necklace? I'm sorry, I've just been so scatterbrained, worrying about today--I completely missed it. I--sorry, it's still a little dark, I can't really see it well. Could... could you tell me what it is? So... so I can come up with a good compliment for it? I know... I guess you can't really compare a person, no matter what species they are, to a crystal, or a necklace. But... I do want you to feel special, since it's Valentine's Day and all."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/24/2013 1:46 PM

"Oh, really?" asked Tweety in surprise. "I love chocolate!" He threw his wings in the air. "But my parents tend to be on this health food kick, like, all the time. We should totally go to that shop together sometime..." He paused at her mentioning kissing.

"Do you want me to kiss you?"

Fei was still scanning the ground. "Well..." she said, whipping her bony tail around, "I actually think I could use my tail to hold a smaller piece."

Then Odhran mentioned the necklace.

"O-oh! How silly of me! I forgot to show you earlier! It's...it's a pair of rings. I thought it'd be nice for us to have a matching pair." She moved closer to the light, lifting the vine-shaped rings with one hoof so he could see. "The design...is kind of based on what happened on our first date."

[64, 143]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/25/2013 2:36 AM

"Woah! I mean... do you wanna kiss me? Do girls who kiss on da first date gedda bad rep? ...Not dat I care much. Rep schmep. I'm... I'm not interested in datin' a whole buncha fellas, all at once. Jus'... jus' the ones dat catch my eye, you know, dat look like dey got... potential. Yunno. Like you. So. Uh. I guess you could kiss me. Yanno. If it lights yuh fancy or whatevah folks say. ...If yuh feel nervous, yuh don't have tuh kiss me on da snout or anyfing. Yuh could just kiss muh cheek or muh wing or sumfin'."

*~*~*~*~*

"Wow. Did... did you make these yourself?" For a moment, Odhran was in shock. Who knew his Fei was so talented at working with metal? She could do amazing things, even with hooves! But then he reconsidered. She would probably need help for getting that detail. What if she were offended that he assumed she'd done it herself? Or... what if she had done it herself, and she was offended that he thought she couldn't do it alone? He quickly amended, "Uh, only if you're totally OK with me thinking you did it by yourself!"

...That sounded better in his head.

"Um. Either way, they're beautiful. I... I really should have brought you something, too. I feel like I did a terrible job of planning for today..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/25/2013 5:26 PM

"Well...yeah, I guess I do want to kiss you, but I'm not sure how I could kiss you in this form because I have a beak, and it would be kind of awkward for me to turn human here, and...and..." Suddenly, he darted forwards, tapping his beak against Ailbhe's cheek. It wasn't quite a kiss, but it was definitely lighter than an actual peck.

"Oh...I didn't make these. I just provided the raw materials, I guess. I found a jewelry maker who was willing to help with them." Fei chuckled slightly. "I'm not quite designed for making rings." She paused. "I...was going to give you one, but I just realized I forgot to bring something for you to hang it on. I don't think it'd fit on any part of your body..."

Upon hearing his confession, she laughed again. "You didn't have to bring me anything!" she declared. "Just having you here with me is good enough!"

[65, 144]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/27/2013 1:52 AM

Ailbhe's blush lit up beneath her pale white fur. Even through it all, there was a distinct pink flush to her face, like the tip of a white-furred Lucain's nose. "Aww, gosh. I guess... I guess kissin' was somethin' kinda made up by humans, huh? And while dey got the lips for it, we don't. You have a human form, don'tcha? But not me. Kinda... kinda a shame... I'd like tuh give a real kiss, but I can't, not really. Makes me a bit disappointed, huh?"

*~*~*~*~*

Fei laughed. The crystals vibrated with his whinnies. "I guess we both forgot something then, huh? I forgot to bring a present... and I suppose you forgot to bring some string. But no matter who made them, they're still beautiful, and I still think it's wonderful of you to have had them made. I've got an idea! How about, once we're done here at the falls--maybe today, maybe some other day--we go shopping at a jeweler's and pick up some nice silver chains to hang them off of.--Oh!" Odhran suddenly jumped. "I got an idea! We can take some of these crystal shards, and get them put in the chains we wear the rings on!"

But implications flooded Odhran's head. What if she thought he was implying that they weren't pretty enough on their own? "Uh--not--not that they need crystals to be beautiful, anyway."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext