Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: Can You Feel the Love? [Hunt, P, Freezair]

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/27/2013 5:58 PM

Tweety seemed thoughtful for a moment. "You know...according to my dad, he had a wizard put a spell on him long ago, that let him turn into a human. And apparently anyone he loved would also get a human form, so that's why my mom and me and my sibs have human forms. And...well...I mean, originally my mom turned human when they kissed, so maybe the spell has passed on to the next generation? I mean, maybe if I kissed you, you'd turn human too?"

Man, he was bad at this.

"That sounds lovely!" exclaimed Fei. "That's the thing about necklaces," she added, "they only become more beautiful the more you add to them. The rings are beautiful on their own, and so are these crystals. But together they'll be even better!"

[66, 145]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/28/2013 4:20 PM

Ailbe patted her head with her wings. It looked as if she was trying to scratch it, "Well, didn't yuh just kiss me dere? An' I definitely ain't turned human. An' if it's gotta be on duh lips, I ain't got lips neither. I dunno if it'd work on me, yanno? But, uh, I suppose yuh could try. I ain't got nothin' against bein' kissed. Nope. No sirree. Nuh-uh." She glanced off at the side. "So, uh. If you wanna... I'm OK with that." Her voice cracked at the end.

*~*~*~*~*

"Ha! I guess you're right," Odhran nodded. "I was just concerned that you'd be mad or something, like I was implying that your rings NEEDED something more. They don't... but isn't it a nice notion? Like we both contributed something to these necklaces... hee." Odhran bent down and grabbed a crystal shard in his mouth. Delicately, he left it on his back. He picked up another and another, and several crystal shards gathered up in the crook of his shoulders.

"...Man. It's gonna feel funny, walking with these on my back."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/28/2013 5:18 PM

Tweety tilted his head back again. "Well...technically, I just kissed you on the cheek. According to what Dad said, Mom only turned human when he kissed her on the mouth while he was in human form as well. Apparently the magic has to be dramatic like that or it won't work. And...I'm not sure both of us would be able to balance here if we were both in human forms."

Fei nodded. "It's alright. We can just walk more slowly, and that just gives us more time to talk, right?" She was glad they had found this spot. It would have been impossible to have a nice conversation out there, with all those people milling around. Even if the magic didn't work for them, they had still found something special, something beautiful here.

[67, 146]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/01/2013 1:06 AM

((Hope it's not too late to do one more post!))

"Are youse implyin' you wanna go find anudder spot? ...Not dat I got problems wit dat!" Ailbhe shook her head. "Seein' as we can fly, we can always find some secluded little place somewhere deep in duh jungle. An' a nice flight togedda might be... uh, well. Nice." The pink lit up beneath her fur again. "You wanna?" She took a dive off the stone, and fluttered through the air. The cold air threatened to suck her downward, but she fought against the cold with rapid wingbeats and hovered, waiting for Tweety.

*~*~*~*~*

"Yeah. A nice, quiet talk," Odhran said. He took in several deep breaths of the chilly cave air. "Gosh, it almost feels sort of... sort of dumb, to ask you the usual sort of mundane stuff in here. Like today's a special day. A magical day. Like if you just talk about the usual things, like how your day's been or your favorite TV shows, that you're wasting it, somehow. But then... that's what love is about, really, isn't it? The mundane things. You can't do big, romantic things all the time. And what really makes you love someone, what really shows you mean it... it isn't the romantic things. It's the dumb little things, like who makes you laugh the most with their silly jokes, who has the same sort of interests as you, who always makes you smile to see them... And who always finds a new way to remind you of just how kind they are."

His tail waved in the darkness, and the tip of it nudged at the tip of Fei's own bony tail. Perhaps it wasn't the easiest pair of tails to twine, but he wouldn't ask for another one.

"It doesn't even always need words," he said. In the cave, he heard his heart echoing in his chest.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/01/2013 1:43 AM

[Keep pressing until RE2 arrives!]

Tweety nodded. "If we're going to try that, that might be a good idea." He took off with some more effort-Ailbhe's wingspan was much more suited to this kind of takeoff, but soon, the two of them were fluttering together in the spray of the waterfall.

"How about there?" he suggested, gesturing with one wing. It seemed one couple had either found something or gotten tired of waiting, as they were vacating a rather broad rock.

Fei smiled at Odhran's words. For once, he didn't seem to be awkward or stuttering. "Fiction always makes everything seem so glamorous," she agreed. "But there is also glamor in everyday life. Just surviving...just being there, it's part of what makes life beautiful, isn't it?"

She accepted the tail twining with joy, moving so that their bodies were closer together as well. And when he said that love didn't even need words, she showed her agreement by staying silent, but pressing her muzzle against his lightly.

[68, 147]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/01/2013 2:34 AM

If there was still daylight, it would be near impossible to see, and if it was past nightfall, only few would actually notice it. Some people reported seeing a comet shooting overhead, while others saw the 'comet' landing in a bright flash of light in a nearby bush, or in the middle of the path in front of them.

It seemed, this Valentines, that the Legend of Love was indeed true, for the item that lay nearby, ready for your discovering, was Valentines related.
If you wandered over to the light you would discover:
Heart Cherries for Freezair

(Sorry Gray, but your roll was unsuccessful)
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/06/2013 12:04 AM

"Oh! Looks good tuh me!" Ailbhe spiraled down towards the rock he had pointed out. It was certainly much larger than their original post, and while the view it provided was not quite as spectacular, it was more easily accessible by non-flying pets. It seemed like the crowds had decided to leave it be for now. She swooped down and found herself a perch. She tried to stand out of the way as well. While she knew Tweety was her size now, his human form would be much larger, and she wanted to give him room.

*~*~*~*~*

For a while, Odhran didn't speak. He just sat there, being next to her, trying to be cuddly without upsetting any of the crystals on his back. And for that moment, there was peace. And it was good.

Stone scraped against stone and echoed in the cavern. Odhran's head shot up. He looked at the crystals and back over his back, to make sure none of them had fallen. But they were all there. A rhythmic sound shook the crystal shards beneath them. Footsteps.

"...Uh-oh. I think someone's coming."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/06/2013 2:47 AM

"Alright. Um...let's see," said Tweety, landing carefully on the ledge, a bit away from Ailbhe as well. He, too, was aware of the great disparity between their size when he was transformed. After also backing away from the edge, he took a deep breath, before expanding into his human form.

"Um...you might want to fly up to kiss me," he added after a while, gesturing with one hand to indicate the height difference between them.

Fei should have known that it couldn't last forever. That sounded...large. Definitely not a Sparquill.

"I could...I could make my flames flare up. That might scare whoever it is away." She didn't want to run, wanted to hold on to the moment for just a bit longer.

[69, 148]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/12/2013 2:37 AM

"I guess. Um. Hold on." Ailbhe fluttered up to Tweety's face. For a moment, she just hung there. This was the big moment. If Tweety was right, this was her last moment as a Kitrell. Or just a Kitrell, anyway. She'd get a human form after this. Would she look good as a human? Most humans looked pretty alike to her. She didn't really know how to tell. She closed her eyes, and brought her snout in close. She felt her fur bristle as it passed against Tweety's human lips.

And she felt... nothing.

"...Huh? I ain't toined human! Did I do it wrong? I dunno nuffin' abou' kissin', so mebbe I screwed up?"

*~*~*~*~*

"And I still have my vines," Odhran said. "I've even been practicing!" Odhran gave a little stamp, and up through the ground, a group of spiny tendrils shot up through the rock. "See? Even through solid rock! Your man's gotten good! Er. ...Yeah, he also still says 'good-er,' apparently. Man, I can't do anything." He backed into Fei and laughed. "Let's hold the line! Fire and vines! Waddiya say?" He flashed her a smile, and for once, he felt like a tough guy. Admittedly, one beside and even tougher girl, but he wasn't going to go getting himself down now.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/12/2013 6:06 PM

Tweety also closed his eyes as Ailbhe flew up. When she got closer, her fur brushing his face, and then...her lips on his. It was his first kiss, and not quite what he expected. He did try to lean into the kiss, returning it the best he could...but nothing. The fur stayed fur. After a while, he opened his eyes.

"Oh..." he said. "I'm pretty sure that kiss was just fine. I guess...maybe it's just first-generation magic. My dad was never very specific on the details of the spell." He shrugged, then changed back into his Piyo form. "But...even if that didn't work, we can still fly together, right?" He flapped his wings hopefully. "And...maybe have a second date?"

Fei nodded. Her fiery mane began glowing even more brightly, growing in height and intensity. The seal on her forehead began throbbing, but she forced it back down. Flames began to spread down her front legs and across the rocky ground, forming a firey barrier behind the vines. She was careful not to let them singe Odhran.

"Can you see anything?" she asked, squinting. She was, of course, immune to her own flames, but that didn't mean they didn't block her vision. With this kind of heat, the vista before her was nothing but a hot blur.

[70, 149]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/20/2013 7:07 PM

"Of course we can! These wings were made for flyin'!" Ailbhe swooped toward the sky. She thumped her wings against the wind. The wind rustled her fur, and she broke free of the canopy of trees and spiraled into the breeze.

"Anytime you wanna do dis, jus' drop me a line!" Ailbhe cheered. "Second date, fird date, hundredth if you wanna! Dis was a great time... So, uh, yeah." She blushed. Her stomach felt a bit topsy-turvy as well, though whether that was nerves, flying too fast after sitting still, or maybe just all the pancakes she ate at breakfast was hard to tell.

((Ailbhe is supposed to be one of my pet-only characters, so I didn't want to give her a human form. But I never said that she was completely unchanged... kekeke.))

*~*~*~*~*~*

Odhran tried to raise his head above the wall of flames, all the while stamping his hooves and bringing his own vines up to block the way. He, too, knew that Fei wouldn't hurt him with her flames, but the cave quickly grew hot and stuffy with the magical heat. A dark stripe marched through the reddish glow, its form indistinct but its shadow massive.

A voice, strangely high-pitched for the size of its shadow, suddenly cried out. "Arrrg! What the--?! FIRE! Somebody call a fireman!" Its heavy footsteps thudded against the cavern as it debated which way to run. Towards the fire, to investigate? Or away, to safety?

Panic welled up in Odhran. If the shadow brought firemen, they would be found. "Rats!" he hissed. "We better run!" He turned himself around and readied to bolt. But only if Fei followed.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/21/2013 6:49 PM

Tweety chuckled, soaring into the air next to her. "That's no problem at all!" he agreed. Part of him wanted to cheer about "going on ALL the dates," but he felt that sounded somewhat inappropriate for the situation. "This has been one of the best days for me as well!"

Fei nodded. She turned to the fire, focusing, and it began to dim. "It should slowly extinguish itself," she said. Technically, she had actually sped up its combustion to the point where it would no longer be able to function, but details, details. As long as they didn't end up actually destroying something. With that, she also turned, preparing to move at a good pace. "They shouldn't be that fast, though," she added. "We don't have to go at full speed or anything."

[71, 150]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/02/2013 4:14 PM

"Man, dis day's been fan-freakin-tastic," Ailbhe said. As the day had worn on, and some couples had not exactly found the blessing they had hoped to fine, the crowds had thinned. Ailbhe was able to find a relatively secluded spot near the main tourist areas of the fountain, and settle there without brushing wings against too many other tourists.

"So, uh... When do we wanna do dis next?"

*~*~*~*~*

"Aww, but your mane looks so pretty, blowing about when you run at full speed!" Odhran chuckled, but it cut off into a gasp when one of the crystals clattered off his back. "Oh, no!" He wheeled around, tail whipping, and bent to nip up the crystal fragment. He clipped at it once, and missed it. With a gulp, he tried again, and managed to get it into his mouth. There was still no time to place it on his back nicely--he put his head down, and ran alongside Fei, crystal in his mouth, all the way to the entrance to the cave.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 04/06/2013 11:26 PM

"Yes, it has," agreed Tweety, landing next to Ailbhe. However, when she asked about when they should next meet, his only response was to flutter his wings in a sort of shrug. "I'm...not sure?" he admitted. His parents were decidedly unhelpful in that regard. "You could...call me? Or I could call you? Do you have a phone at your place? I should have asked that first, shouldn't I?"

Fei blushed at the compliment, then chuckled a bit when the crystal slipped. "Sorry," she admitted. "But that's why I didn't want us to go too fast!" However, even at this pace, they had soon made it to the cave entrance. Fei blinked in the sunlight a few times, before hunching one shoulder, in an approximation of a shrug.

"I guess we didn't find anything special," she said, a soft sigh on her lips. "Still, we found these crystals, and that's pretty nice, isn't it?"

[72, 151]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/11/2013 7:30 PM

"Oh yeah! I gotta phone. Let me scribble down dat numbuh ting for ya." Ailbhe whirled around in the spot. "Uh... I ain't got paper or a pencil. Maybe... maybe we should make plans! An' den I can remembuh tuh bring paper an' a pencil. Maybe, um, uh... Well, I know a little cafe in Nabias dat's pretty good. Wanna meet dere?"

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I think we found something plenty special," Odhran said, with a smile. He nosed at the crystal fragments on his back, and then at Fei's neck. "We found some time to be together, and we found some beautiful crystals! ...Um, that didn't sound too cheesy, did it?" He chuckled. He looked back over his back to make sure all of the fragments were still there, and he gasped.

"Oh! Look at them in the sunlight!"

Beautiful and clear, with just a hint of gold, the crystals glinted like they had fire trapped within in the sunlight. The soft red glow they had had in the low firelight was now a brilliant, dazzling sparkle, almost like a prism.

"Forget about magic blessings--these are gorgeous!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext