Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Can You Feel the Love? [Hunt, P, Freezair]

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2013 5:37 PM

Tweety stood in human form by the falls, twisting a red rose in his hands. Part of him was saying not to damage it, but the other part of him pointed out that, as long as the blossom was intact, he would be fine. And anyways, he was nervous. Had Ailbhe gotten his message? Would she come? He was sweating underneath his hat, but he didn't dare remove it.

Fei, meanwhile, was standing a way from the falls. Even though the mist was hardly enough to douse her flames, it still made her nervous. The spot she had found was much less damp, but hopefully still somewhere Odhran could see. She had gone to some trouble to find a jeweler that did custom orders, and there was now a pair of silver rings shaped like coiled thorny vines on a string around her neck. Hopefully, he would understand their meaning.

[51, 130]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Can You Feel the Love? [Hunt, P, Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 02/15/2013 6:04 PM

((Is it OK if I elaborate a little on the nature of the message? I hope so.))

ImageImage

Odhran going to see Fei was nothing that unusual. What was unusual was the fact that Ailbhe had been invited to come along, too. It was a special Valentine's Day at the falls--one where the blessings of the heavens were supposed to fall on couples who convened at the falls. But in addition to his own invitation, Ailbhe had received her own letter. Not very elaborate. A little bit mysterious. A quiet invitation to meet at the falls.

"Looks like I got me a mystery admirer," she said with a chuckle. "Aww, I can't leave the poor feller 'angin'. Let me catch a ride wit'cha, will ya, Owe? Let's see what dis is about."

So the two of them stood amidst the mist of the falls, gentle breezes ticking their feathers and their mane. The falls were always a sight to behold, but the number of people packing the tropical paradise had soared overboard today. Hugging and cuddling crowds thronged the atmosphere, and larger, bulkier creatures like Odhran had to pick their way gently through the morass of people to find their mates.

Odhran let out a sigh. "I hope we can find them in this crowd. Do you have any clue who you're going to meet, Ailbhe?"

"He said he'd have a rose, but half the mooks 'ere got one o' those," she tutted. "I'm guessin' he'll know me. Feathers crossed, eh?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2013 7:42 PM

[No problem!]

Tweety thought he heard a sound, and his head shot up. Wasn't that a flash of blue-and-yellow feathers? Unfortunately, whoever those feathers belonged to seemed to be quite a distance from him. He frowned, then began pushing gently at the people gathered around him gawking at the falls. "Excuse me," he called. "C'mon, I've got a date here!" He was making progress, but it was slow.

Fei, meanwhile, had fared somewhat better in locating her mate. People were already giving her a wide berth, both for the flames and the otherworldly glow, and while any other day it might have upset her, today she was grateful for the lack of squeezing. As soon as her eyes caught a glimpse of a familiarly patterned hide, she immediately began trotting in that direction, people moving automatically out of the way.

"Odhran!" she whinnied, hoping he'd hear her.

[52. 131]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2013 1:54 AM

Now there was a voice he'd know anywhere. Odhran lifted his head, and even through the brightness of daylight, he saw her flames flickering and glimmering against the sunlight. He shook out his mane with joy. "Fei!" His hooves burst into a three-second canter, before the press of bodies got too tight and he had to stop. "Oh, sorry," he said, looking at someone whom he may have flanked. "Sorry!" People's eyes flew open as they brushed against his prickly body. "Sorry, sorry, just... coming through! Sorry! I'm trying to get to that Frightmare--sorry!"

He nosed his way through the crowd, and found himself standing relatively close to Fei. "Hello, swee--hon--er, Fei." Each attempted pet name reddened his face and sputtered to a stop. Odhran was still a little awkward when it came to overt romance. It was Valentine's Day, so he had to at least try! But even when it was expected, he still fell a little flat. He would be. "Um, I'm sorry about Ailbhe here--she doesn't mean to be a third wheel, but we--"

"I got a date o' my own 'ere today!" she boasted. "Let's try and find us a space the rest o' these lovebirds ain't honking up and relax. You two can go off and do your lovey-dovey stuff. I ain't gonna stick around. Hopefully whoever asked me out's got wings, so we can fly up to a nice high spot..."

"Yeah--her admirer is secret," Odhran said. "I don't know if that's exciting, or a little scary."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/17/2013 2:35 AM

Fei merely giggled as Odhran tried to think of a proper pet name. "'Fei' is always fine," she said, nuzzling him. Upon noticing Ailbhe and hearing her story, she merely smiled. "A secret, huh?" she said. "I remember that we were technically a blind date too."

Tweety suddenly stopped in the middle of shoving yet another couple out of his way.

"Oh...right. I have wings!" he exclaimed. There was a small "boomf" as the teenager vanished, replaced by a tiny Piyo. Holding the rose tightly in his beak, he flapped into the air, and managed to easily spot Ailbhe. But who was that she was with? Some Bramble Penticorn and...he thought he recognized the Frightmare, but he wasn't sure. However, at least he was certain of his position now, as he flew towards them.

Luckily, there was enough space for him to turn back to human form on landing. Trying to talk through the rose would have been awkward.

"Hey, Ailbhe!" he called happily, holding out the now slightly battered rose.

[53, 132]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2013 3:37 AM

"Tweety!" Ailbhe lifted up from Odhran's back, and fluttered over to the teenaged boy. "I ain't seen you in a dog's age! How you been, old boy? Keepin' up? Holdin' on and holdin' out? Rollin' with the punches? All dat good stuff?" Then she noticed the rose.

"...Woah! Fuh me? For real? ...Woah. I... I guess I weren't expectin' that." Her white fur flushed pink. "Gosh. Really? I mean, really? I mean, it's been so long, Idda figured you woulda plum forgot me. I never figured much on bein' the kinda gal who leaves an impresh'. Dat's a liddle bit unexpected. I guess I said dat. It--I mean... uh. Dank you." Her lower paws curled around the limp and worn-out rose. "...Gosh. Now I dunno what to say."

Odhran looked on. "Tweety...? Oh yeah! I think I remember you talking about this guy. You went on about him for a couple weeks after you got back from the jungle." Ailbhe reddened again, and Odhran did the same in response. He was too embarrassed on behalf of other people to be any good at teasing himself.

But Odhran turned to his own date, and nuzzled her neck. "It is good to see you. But is there anywhere I can see just you? And no one else? It's packed here. Everyone wants that blessing. I suppose we're a bit more sure-footed than some of the other species here, but we sure can't fly. They're big falls, but... is there anywhere to be alone?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/17/2013 4:48 AM

[Sleep? No. ROLEPLAY FOREVER.]

Tweety blushed too, upon hearing Odhran's words. "R-really? You were talking about me? Well, I mean, it was a pretty big thing we did together and everything..." He tapped his fingers together nervously. "And...and well, I wasn't sure just how to contact you, but then I heard all about this thing at the falls and I figured...I figured better late than never." The color of his skin was rivaling that of his signature hat now.

Fei looked around. "I think there are some ways to get higher up," she noted, pointing her nose at several rocky platforms dotted at the edges of the waterfall. Some couples had already monopolized a few of those platforms, but others looked empty. "Although we'll also be closer to the waterfall then." She paused. "I don't think it'll actually hurt me, but it does make me a bit nervous."

[54, 133]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2013 11:37 PM

"Well. Um." Ailbhe settled onto the ground and brushed her ears with the tip of one of her wings. "Gee. I ain't so good at dis 'date' ding. Whadda we do now? I guess 'cuz we can both fly, we can get somewheres away from all dese people. You wanna, uh... go flyin' and find a nice spot fer us?"

Odhran, meanwhile, followed Fei's gaze up the cliffside. "Well, I wouldn't want you going to someplace you feel uncomfortable. Is... is it more the heights, or the water that bothers you? I don't think anything could douse your flames." He looked fairly proud of that fact. "And I like it a little damp. It keeps my vines healthy. But if you're worried, we could look elsewhere. If it's the height, though... I've heard tell that there are some secret caverns, hidden among the rocks here. They might be hard to find... maybe a bit of a tight fit. But I bet no one else will have seen them, and we'll have some, uh... us time."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/18/2013 12:41 AM

Tweety nodded. "Why don't we find a spot together?" he asked, even as he shrunk down into Piyo form, and then immediately took into the air to avoid being stepped on. In this kind of crowd, people were not good with spotting smaller creatures on the ground. He paused, hovering in mid-flight, to see if Ailbhe would follow.

"Oh, just the water," she said, pawing at the ground with one fore-hoof. "It's a bit of an instinct, I guess." Her ears perked up at Odhran's suggestion, though. "Secret caverns, you say? Now that should certainly be romantic."

[55, 134]

[[Bluh, shortness.]]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/19/2013 2:58 AM

((Sorry for being a slowbie replier, but me oh my, work has been bad.))

Ailbhe took wing, and followed after Tweety. The cool air was a little bit harder to fly in than she'd expected. Though Barakka was warm, here the water sucked the heat out of the air and left her without many thermals. But when she looked to the tops of the waterfalls, high out of the reach of many, she saw stones jutting out from the cliffs high above where most people could reach. Perhaps a bit damp and slick, but quiet, so that she would be uninterrupted while she tried to figure out what one did on a date. She pumped her wings while her feet tightly clutched at the worn-out rose.

On the ground beneath them, Odhran giggled. "Hee. I like the sound of secret caverns, too. I don't know where exactly they are, but I have a hunch! I bet they're hidden behind a waterfall that just falls a little bit too far out from the rock, or hidden in some secret little rift in the cliff. C'mon." Odhran clattered away from the crowds and headed off the beaten path. He rustled fragrant jungle flowers and clattered across rocks just slightly too awkward for most two-legged humans to feel comfortable crossing.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/19/2013 9:11 PM

Tweety flew towards the stones Ailbhe had singled out, heart pumping. He flitted back and forth before finally settling on one of the larger ones, with a slightly rougher surface. One that was too smooth would most likely turn this moment into a farce. And this one had enough protrusions for them to grip. He landed first, making sure he could find his footing. Yes...that worked fine.

Fei followed after Odhran, happy that he was going first. It meant she didn't have to clear a way through the people herself, although they were soon leaving most of the people behind. As they walked into the quieter parts of the jungle, she sighed and took in the scents of the flowers. Now this was romantic.

[56, 135]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/20/2013 1:00 AM

Ailbhe settled into place besides Tweety on the rock. Her tail swept across the cool, damp surface, and she turned herself around. Her wings, folded against her sides, involuntarily bristled.

"Woah."

She had know they were up high, but not this high. All of Idalani spread away from them in lush greens and blues, and sparkling waterfalls glittered in the brilliant tropical sun. Rainbows criss-crossed in the mist, and below them, ant-sized people thronged in the more open areas of the falls. But far off in the distance, where the jungles were thick and the waterfalls' roars were most deafening, few people dared to tread.

"S'heck of a view from up heah..."

Below, Odhran, too, was beginning to realize that there was more space deeper in the jungle. But the idea of a secret cave was too intriguingly romantic not to pursue. He clung to the walls, nosing his way along them. Were there any hidden clefts that lead deep into the caverns? What was hidden behind that waterfall? Odhran giggled, and pointed his nose towards a tiny, pencil-thin trickle of water spilling over one mossy bolder. "Yep. I think I can definitely say for sure--it's behind that one. Obviously!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2013 2:21 AM

Tweety gazed down, and realized just how majestic everything looked. There was a long pause before he spoke. "No wonder this place gets blessed every year," he said at last. "What a...yeah, what a view, Ailbhe." He paused again. "But...we didn't just come up here to admire the view, did we?" he said, now feeling a bit awkward and trying to think of topics. His mind alighted on the scene he'd seen when he first arrived. "I mean...there must be something else we can talk about. Like...um...you're friends with Odhran, right? Did he tell you how he met that Frightmare?"

You idiot! he told himself almost immediately. You're talking to a girl, and then you decide to bring up her friend's romantic pursuits! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! If he had been human, he would have facepalmed.

"Really?" asked Fei, walking closer to the boulder. She sniffed at it, trying to determine if she could feel any drafts coming through the rock. If there was a secret cavern here, this must be a long-disused entrance, as she could tell from the general immovable look of the rock.

[57, 136]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/20/2013 2:45 AM

Ailbhe laughed. "No, no. I dunno whaddiya talk about on dates neither. But I can tell yas if ya wanna know. T'be honest, s'pretty simple. 'Twas in the war dat I met Owe, yanno? We were both recruited by the Purine faction. An' as recruits, we both got sent to da same people, the Dashalls. When you go troo' sumdin' tough like dat wif someone, you end up kinda close to 'em, eh? An' dat's what happened with Oddie and Fei. Somefin' tough. An' dey came outta it in love. ...Kinda... kinda like..." She went red. "Kinda like us, I s'pose..."

Odhran laughed again. "It was only a joke. This waterfall isn't big enough to hide something behind it. But it does make some lovely sounds, doesn't it?" Odhran closed his eyes to listen to the soft trickle of water from the tiny tributary. "It's very calming. But I don't think there's anything behind it, see?"

Odhran poked his head under the spray, and his mane plastered to his neck. His nose prodded the rock behind the drizzle. And one of the rocks he touched just so happened to move beneath the pressue.

Odhran leapt back as a shrieking, grinding sound filled the air. He gave a very horse-like whinny, and retreated to the safety of Fei's flank. The rocks behind the trickle were moving. Be it mechanism or magic, something was moving one of the boulders aside... and bringing a small, dark tunnel to light.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2013 5:37 AM

Tweety laughed, partly because she was laughing, and partly in relief that his horrible faux pas hadn't offended her. "Well...apparently going through something together is pretty much a guarantee that you're going to stay together." He chuckled again. "I think it's, like, one of those rules of romance, isn't it? I mean," he waved a wing, "on almost every television show you see with one of those romantic subplots, it always takes some tremendous thing for the couple to finally get together."

"Well," chuckled Fei, "I'm afraid I don't know much about secret passages." However, as she moved aside for Odhran to take a look as well, she, too, heard the creak. When he retreated behind her, she didn't blame him, as her hooves were automatically backpedaling as well. However, it soon turned out that there was actually a secret passage behind the rock.

"That's odd," she says. "Looks like someone actually made this secret passage." It would probably be a bad idea to intrude, she thought, but part of her was also intrigued.

[58, 137]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items