Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Spirit of the Wolf | Private - Middy/Spring

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2014 6:02 PM

ImageImage

Mairéad Líle Lanwë (0f0f0f) and Darina Maeve Lanwë (1b5587)

The rainforests of Idalani - the home of their mother for as long as she said that she could remember.  The two young Lucain looked around their chosen hunting grounds.  There wasn't much out there that day; at least, not yet.  There were plenty of berry bushes around, but the other Lucain had already stated quite clearly that they would rather eat fish before they ate berries (much to the dismay of Youko and Norah, who were left to gather berries on their own).

"We've got to keep looking, Darina," Mairéad said, looking to her sister.  "I think we're on to something - but I can't be sure yet."

"Oh, we're on to something, all right," Darina said.  "The scent's been driving me nuts.  It's a herd of Gyrophants."

"Ah, the pack will enjoy that," Mairéad said.  "And Father can use the furs to further prepare the cave for winter."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: Spirit of the Wolf | Private - Middy/Spring

Postby Middy » 01/28/2014 8:42 PM

Viola Arless - 0051c4

The Windgill didn't come around such wild parts of Evelon often, most certainly not the rainforests either-- but something else had brought her here. That thing was the roaring falls of Idalani was what intrigued her. Viola had found a warm spot to rest, her wings folding over her lithe form, listening close to anything that was near her.

Soon enough she had heard something, two voices. Female, but what species she couldn't tell at the time. She was sure she would find out in due time. Standing up on all fours, she slunk away to to investigate where the sound was coming from, her curiosity getting the better of her again. By the sound of it, the two voices were focused on a herd of gyrophants, and indeed she had caught a whiff of them too. She would have been interested in going after the prey herself--- if she hadn't already had her fill on the local berries and other fruits in the area.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2014 9:39 PM

Mairéad and Darina moved in perfect sync with each other.  They followed the patterns that they had learned from their mother; a pattern that they had been taught alongside their brothers, but that could be executed with as few as two Lucain.  They tried to be as silent as they could, stopping only for a few moments to make sure that they were still on the trail.

"We're close," Mairéad finally whispered after a few moments, still moving in perfect sync with her sister.

"Yes," Darina said.  "I believe that they're in the next clearing, up ahead."

"Someone else is here," Mairéad said.

"Do you think that it's another hunter?" Darina asked.

"Hard to say..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/29/2014 5:45 PM

Viola watched closely, the source of the two voices finally coming into view. Her muscles stiffened, ready for anything that might come her way. When she saw what was coming her way she relaxed a bit. Lucain... two of them. She slunk slowly into their view, letting them know what they were sharing the area with.

She folded her wings and relaxed her posture, as to not come off as being a threat to them. Viola decided to softly call out to them, her voice ethereal in nature, "I am no hunter, for I have already fed. I mean you no harm, for I would never harm the wolf," her eyes glowed, waiting for a response from the two Lucain.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/29/2014 10:36 PM

The figure emerged, and then, she spoke.  Both Mairéad and Darina listened for a few moments.  She was similar in appearance to their half-sisters, who were also Paragon.  When she mentioned that she had already fed, however, the two relaxed for but a moment.

"Darina, we must continue our hunt," Mairéad said, and her sister nodded.  They dipped their heads to the female Paragon, indicating that they were not meaning to cut the conversation short, but that their hunt beckoned to them, and they did not want to lose their quarry.  They took to the bushes outside the clearing, making hardly a sound as they watched the herd.

Before long, the two leapt into action.  They worked wonderfully as a team, striking at key points in the herd to effectively take them down.  After several long minutes, they had taken down two gyrophants and left two more severely injured.  Looking to each other, they nodded and let out a howl.

They then retreated to where they had seen the Paragon before, and a rustling in the bushes indicated the presence of at least three other members of their pack, coming to retrieve the two fallen gyrophants and track the injured two.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/05/2014 7:14 PM

Viola watched as the two Lucain disappeared from her sight. She had a feeling that they would return to resume their conversation with her, then again she couldn't be too sure just yet. She curled up on the ground, her wings folding over her as a sort of makeshift blanket. Viola had debated following the two Lucain to observe the hunt, but settled on staying where she was.

Some time had passed, but Viola didn't notice it too much. She had busied herself with deep meditation until the sound of footsteps had brought her back to the real world. Viola lifted her head and attempted to make a smile, "You have returned. I hope all went well for you."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/02/2014 12:22 PM

(Apologies for the late reply OTL Muse has been a bit fickle as of late, but it's getting better now)

When the Windgill said that she hoped that all had gone well for the two Lucain, both of them dipped their heads.  The larger of the two--Darina--stepped forward slightly as she said, "Our hunt was successful--and, with any luck, the other hunters will find the two that escaped with grievous wounds and add them to our reserves."

Here, Maíread stepped forward, holding her head high.  "We are of the Darkpaw Pack.  I am Maíread, and my sister is Darina.  We are hunters in our pack," she said, and Darina nodded as she sat down.

"What may we call you?" Darina asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/05/2014 4:25 AM

Viola managed a smile, admiring the two lucain in their ability to hunt even if some of their prey had escaped. Usually in her hunts, some always managed to get away from her only to die from injury later. When she finished one meal, she would find the ones who escaped and finish them off.

"The name is Viola Arless, what I am is a mystery even to myself although some have called me a spirit of sorts, despite not being dead," she bowed her head, finishing their greetings. She was curious to know more about their pack now, and the two seemed friendly enough to share. "Your pack, I am quite curious about it. Is there anything you would like to share about the Darkpaw?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate