Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: More Than a Vacation (Private)

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2014 3:27 PM

Youko didn't have to run very far, and when she came to a stop, she was outside of a cave mouth.  She paused for a moment, making sure that Shin'ka wasn't too far behind her.  Before much longer, she turned to the mouth of the cave and called out, "Treasach!  I'm back from my patrol!"

Treasach - 376d91

"Sister--I assume, then, that nothing was out of the ordinary?" the Lucain male asked, walking up to his sister.  The two looked very similar in size, and they both looked like they were otherwise related to one another.

"Nothing out of the ordinary, but I did meet another Paragon.  In fact, he's right here with me," she said, indicating behind her.  Treasach peered out from around his sister.  When he saw the Rockbeak, his fur bristled slightly, but with a sharp glare from Youko, his fur calmed.

"It is not often that we see Paragon other than our parents and Norah here," Treasach said.  "I am called Treasach, and I am the beta male of the Darkpaw Pack.  Youko is the beta female, directly under our parents.  And you are?" he inquired.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/09/2014 12:42 PM

Shin'ka followed Youko all the way to the cave mouth. He waited patiently behind he as she called out a name, and when the Lucain in question walked out, he blinked. The two indeed looked like siblings, despite being two totally different species. Both had blue bodies, and Youko's green wings and Treasach's green wingblades were quite similar.

The Lucain had an understandably wary reaction towards the Rockbeak, but the Placid calmed him down quickly enough. Shin'ka respectfully dipped his head as a signal that he meant to harm. "It's nice to meet you, Treasach. My name is Shin'ka. I come from a distant Paragon tribe called the Court in the Fe'gan Mountains. I'm just vacationing around here since it's so cold back at home, and I happened to run into your sister. I've never heard of a group where Paragon and Lucain live together, so I asked if I could meet your pack."

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/09/2014 1:04 PM

"I can't say I've heard of this Court that you speak of," Treasach said, sitting slightly as he kept his gaze on the Rockbeak.  "However, I do find my sister to be a far more excellent judge of character than I--so I defer to her judgment."

Youko couldn't help but smile as her brother, but soon turned her attention back to Shin'ka.  "Well, at this time, there are but two Paragon that are a part of this pack--that is, of course, because of the fact that my parents didn't discover their Paragon forms till recently," she explained.  "Something to do with a terrible monsoon nearly sweeping my mother away, then pinning her under a tree and rendering her hind legs useless."

"My sister does speak truth," Treasach said.  "But, I am sure that you have many a question of our way of living, here in Idalani," he said, dipping his head.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/09/2014 5:16 PM

Shin'ka gave an understanding nod. "I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it," he remarked. "It's far away from here, and the Paragon in the Court usually don't like getting in touch with the rest of the world. Aside from myself, I guess. I'm a bit of an oddball in that respect." He chuckled at his own words.

What Youko said intrigued him. It suggested that her mother's ability to transform was not only natural but also somehow granted in a time of crisis. What was it about being in danger that could possibly trigger the development of a new form? It was mysterious, and he wished that Youko's mother were around so he could ask. But perhaps even she wouldn't have a good answer.

"Hm, well I was very interested in how you work together as two different species," Shin'ka told Treasach. "I guess it helps that you're all related, but have you ever faced any obstacles because of that? Or maybe it's easier instead? Back at the Court, Paragon cooperate to a certain degree, but generally they take care of themselves. I think part of that is because of our history. I explained to your sister that the Court used to be five separate tribes, and although our Emperor united them, there's still some animosity floating around."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/09/2014 5:32 PM

Treasach and Youko exchanged glances, considering the question.  After a few moments, Youko said, "You know... I don't think I've ever considered the fact that our species is completely different.I mean... everyone tries their best to work together, although sometimes, Norah and I are called upon for certain tasks--like patrolling from the air, or covering long distances over short periods of time."

"We try to consider everyone's strengths and weaknesses," Treasach said.  "As Youko has considerable camouflage when emerging from the trees, she can cover great distances before being noticed.  Norah's darker coloring allows her to take a more forested route, but she could hide just inside the mouth of a cave and go mostly unnoticed."

At the mention of the five tribes, Treasach's head inclined.  "Our mother explained to us that our pack is part of what she called the Packs of the Etheria.  I have no idea how they came to be, or even where the other three packs supposedly are, but we know they exist and alliances between our packs have been present since... forever," he added.

"But, I think those alliances were cultivated after a devastating battle that left the packs struggling to survive," Youko said.  "Mother said that she could trace her lineage back to those days, when the packs warred with each other down to the alphas, and even then, they almost killed each other."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/10/2014 6:52 PM

Shin'ka nodded in understanding. "So I guess it's not a problem at all," he thought aloud. It was nice to hear that they supported each other with their strengths. The Rockbeak could imagine that if a creature other than a Paragon tried to join the Court, they would be frowned upon by most. It was already hard enough for some of the dragons to get along with each other, though Shin'ka himself had few foes.

Treasach's mention of the other packs struck him as strange. They knew of each others' existences and were allies, but they had no idea where the other packs were located? Shin'ka's lips twisted into a puzzled frown, and he titled his head. "I suppose it's nice that you're allies now instead of enemies, but how could you help each other if you don't know where everyone is? Have you ever tried to look for them?"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/23/2014 10:05 AM

(OTL Sorry for taking so long to reply.  I'll try to do better about making my replies timely.)

"We have," Treasach said.  "Wherever we look, though, we find no one."

"Mother always told us that, if one of the other packs was in need of assistance, we would know," Youko said.  "She never mentioned more than that, but as she was chosen from her birth to be the next alpha of the Darkpaw Pack, I trust her word."

"I must consult with Súlecil, Nâtha, and Zîra on other matters now, Youko," Treasach said.  "It was nice to meet you, Shin'ka," he said, dipping his head before he turned and retreated back further into the cavern.

For a few moments, Youko stood there, debating upon what to do.  Finally, she said, "Well, my immediate duties for the day have been completed.  Perhaps... if you wanted, we could travel around Idalani?  I-if you want to, that is."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous