Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Lazy streams and lost ways (P, jobie and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/09/2015 1:30 PM

Helena

She should have known better...
When Johnny descidet to stay home due to an important meeting with one of his friends, and Switch claimed that she was too Ill (lazy) to join her, Helena just assumed that she would do just fine in a, so far, unknown to her part of the Jungle surrounding the Idalani falls. Usually she was quite good at finding her way around, but today was not her lucky day. Aparrently, the little bottle of water had leaked, and fried her small gps system. and, as a cruel joke of faith, it also made her card partially unreadable. So, here she was, semi lost in the jungle and without her comanions who both had some sort of natural...or not so natural, gps built into them.

Huffing, The young woman plopped down on a rock next to a slow running stream, let her luggage fall to the ground with a thud and sighed deeply. How unlucky could one girl get? and the hinking path seemed promising. if che only has stuck to it...
It was gnawing at her ego too. she was a experienced adventurer, and yet, she lost her way. for the first time since...well...she could not even recall the last time she was lost.

Staring glumly into the water, a noise to the left of her let her head snap up. More curious then afraid, she turned all the way around and called out "hello?...anyone there?"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Lazy streams and lost ways (P, jobie and I)

Postby jobiehanna » 08/09/2015 4:55 PM

Donovan | #83817F

Donovan hiked through Idalani alone this trip, like he usually did. He loved to go out alone, but would occasionally bring company simply because he liked a new pair of eyes. New eyes were unfamiliar with the area, and sometimes could spot things he missed. Today was no such day. It'd been at least a year since he'd visited this part of Idalani. A year was plenty of time for new plants to sprout and maybe new fruits to be discovered. He was optimistic this trip, as he was every trip.

The twenty-something youth was ambling his way through Idalani off the beaten path. He followed a stream that he'd followed before. There were some interesting fruits along it's banks, but no new discoveries yet. He was ambling along when he heard a voice. It was strange to hear a human voice in this area, because he was far away from the normal paths.

Donovan looked around for the source of the voice, but didn't see anyone yet. He kept going forward, and there he saw her. A woman was perched on a rock beside the stream. "Ah yes, I am here," he said with a grin. "Sorry to disturb you." His smile was wide and genuine. He loved meeting new people. He felt a little silly with his floppy explorer hat. His khaki pants and tan shirt were both riddled with pockets, and he carried a large backpack upon his back. His hiking boots were black and laced up with his pant legs stuck inside to better keep out unwanted pests.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/10/2015 5:39 PM

"oh! hi there" Helena smiled back at him, strocking back a few stray strands of her reddish brown hair.
Even tho she had been slightly startled by him, she was very happy to actually meet someone out here. He looked like he was prepared for the outdoors at the very least. Helena herself wore a tank top, and old, slightly beaten up thin demin jacket, hiking shoes and dark brown pants. not exactly the most dazzeling clothes, but they did the trick in the outdoors.

Taking in his smile and deciding that he seemed friendly enough, she slid down her rock and landed steadily on the ground, a few feet away from him. "no worries, I was just...not expecting to actually meet someone else here. I thought I just yelled at some random bird or something" she chuckeled slightly, offering her hand
"I'm Helena, by the way. nice to meet you" she said all this at considerable speed, but that was just...her way of bubbling things out.

(short one, sorry)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/11/2015 2:06 PM

Donovan's ice blue eyes took in the woman's appearance and decided she was some sort of explorer as well. She didn't appear to be some lovestruck tourist set out to explore off the paths to impress their lover of something. Those were the people he often found, lost in the forest. However, he was always more than willing to help.

He chuckled as well, "Ah yes, not many people in these parts," he said. He took her offered hand and shook it, his grip tight and strong. He believed a firm handshake was the best way to shake hands. Half-hearted handshakes would never work for him.

"Nice to meet you Helena, I'm Donovan," he told her with another smile and a chuckle. Boy, was she a fast talker. "Some people call me Donnie. You can call me whatever you like," he added.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/17/2015 4:16 PM

(short one, sorry :/)

She recognized his firm handshake, something she noticed quickly. She did not like it when people had kind of 'fishy' (as she called it) handshake. It made them untrustworthy. Donny hover seemed, in general, to be a pretty nice guy,judging from the few moments she knew him...

Still, she had her pride as an explorer, and was not yet willing to admit that she was quite lost. Simoultaniously, she hoped that her assumption of him knowing his way arround here was correct.
/lets take it step by step/ she remindet herself, trying to force herself to slow down a little.

"yeah, I can imagine...thats what makes this place beatuiful though" she said, smiling widely and openly at him. Not really taking her own scolding into account, she did not take a break before asking curiously "So...Donnie. Do you come here often? you seem to know your way arround if you're going off the path..."
yeah...she was the one to make assumptions about that....oh well.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate