Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Girl's Day Out [P][M]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:33 PM

ImageImage

Veronica couldn't remember why she had ever agreed to something like this.

There was a reason Veronica didn't spend time with Blair. Her mother was fickle, impatient, snobby and disapproving. And so much more than that, but every time Veronica tried to list all of her mother's poor qualities her mind began to ache. And yet, despite all of that, here she was in the back of the town car, sipping on champagne while her mother droned on and on about some maid she was sure she was firing as soon as they went back home. "And she keeps trying to tell me that she didn't steal my tennis bracelet, but it was on the dresser when I left and after she cleaned the bedroom it was gone, and tennis bracelets don't just get up and walk-"

"No they do not." Veronica agreed quickly, taking another deep swig of her drink. The alcohol was taking too long to take its effects. "But maybe it fell under the dresser or something." She offered.

"No." Blair said firmly. "That woman stole it. Honestly," She said, leaning back into her seat and frowning. "It is just so hard to find good help these days."

[97][1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Girl's Day Out [P][M]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:37 PM

"It must be so hard for you." Veronica muttered sarcastically, turning her head away from her so she could roll her eyes. It always tired Veronica when her mother tried to pretend as though she had real problems. All she did all day was pace around the estate and order the help around, plan stupid charity balls (like she cared about charity), and gossip with her friends about her friends. Veronica hardly called that a hard knock life.

Beside her, her mother frowned. "I don't appreciate your tone, Veronica." She said, taking another sip of her champagne. "And it would be just fantastic if you'd wouldn't start with me while we're on our trip, alright?"

Veronica finished her glass and turned to look at Blair. "Why are we even here, Mother?" She asked. "There are plenty of places in the city to go shopping, we didn't need to come out all the way here."

[98][2]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:43 PM

"I thought it would nice for us to get away from the city; we've spent so much time there already." Blair answered with a shrug, automatically going towards the bottle to refill Veronica's glass. Her daughter was so much more bearable when she was buzzed, and they were going to be here all day. So the more champagne she had, the better. "Besides, it's been a while since you and I have...spent time together."

Veronica grimaced. Yeah, and there was a reason for that. "What are you talking about? I just went to your...brunch for the homeless thing."

"It was a brunch for the orphans, Veronica." Blair corrected, impatiently. "Honestly, Veronica, do you ever even read the invitations I send you?"

[99][3]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:47 PM

To be fair, Veronica didn't bother to ever read the invitations. They were always so extravagant and lacy with colors that were never easy on the eyes, and Veronica had grown rather tired of them rather quickly. Most of the invitations Veronica liked to pretend got lost in the mail so she could skip whatever stupid event had been written on there. "Right, right." She said, like she knew what her mother was talking about. "That thing. I was there."

Blair looked at her flatly. "That must have been a month and a half ago, Veronica. I haven't seen my own child in a month and a half. The thought!" She freshened her own drink. She champagne wasn't hitting her hard enough either. "And it's not like you ever bother to call, or anything."

"Mother please, I call you."

[100][4]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:52 PM

"Oh sure, you call me when the rent on your apartment or your credit card payment is due. And then you only call me about that if your Father doesn't pick up the phone first." Blair rolled her eyes. "When I say you never call me, I mean you never call me to say hello. You never call to check up on me, see how I'm doing."

"Well, you never call me." Veronica answered defensively.

"I'm too afraid to call you. In case you're hiding from the police or something, I don't want to call you and give up your location." Blair shot back, and Veronica's jaw tightened instantly. That was one of her things her mother always liked to do; treat Veronica as though she was some sort of a criminal. Which, as of the check her father had written the police department being cashed, she was not. "Besides, whenever I call you you ignore it. Send it straight to voicemail. You know I'm not stupid, Veronica-"

"No?"

[101][5]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 11:59 PM

"Veronica Tyler." Came her Mother's shrill voice in her ear, and Veronica cringed. She knew that she shouldn't have said that, it wasn't kind, but her Mother was already beginning to start with her and she was beginning to lose her patience. And Veronica found it so easy to snap at Blair. "Sorry, sorry." She muttered, meaning it.

Blair paused, eyeing her daughter bitterly for another moment, before her expression softened back to normal. "As I was saying, I know when you send me straight to voicemail. It doesn't ring as long." She adjusted her hair in the mirror. "And it's really quite rude. The least you could do is give me just five minutes of your time."

"So you can complain about the staff?" Veronica asked tiredly.

Blair scowled at her. "Amongst other things."

[102][6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/09/2015 12:03 AM

Things that Veronica was sure she would have no interest in. But she figured the least she could do was answer more; that would get Blair off of her back long enough. With a sigh, she decided to concede. "How about I...call you once a week, Mother. How does that sound?" She asked her, already regretting the words as they left her mouth.

Blair seemed to consider this. After a few moments, "I would prefer twice a week." And returned to primping herself.

Veronica stared hard at Blair. Of course she would say that, why hadn't Veronica seen that coming? Give Blair an inch, and she took a mile. It was her nature. Plus, she knew that it would have been literal torture for Veronica to have to speak to her mother more than once a month, much less once a week, and so tacking another extra call in there must have just tickled her. "Mother." Veronica said, almost pleadingly.

[103][7]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/12/2015 1:17 PM

But Blair was going to be relentless, Veronica knew, especially after her little wise crack before. She blinked at her daughter, a pout on her lips. "Well Veronica, if calling the woman who gave birth to you a mere twice a week, for just five minutes, is taking too large a chunk out of your busy schedule, then I suppose there's nothing that I can do about that, can I?" She asked, flipping open her compact mirror and pulling out her lipstick from her bag.

Veronica knew she shouldn't have taken the bait. Let her Mother be upset, why should she care? And yet...Veronica sighed, flipping her curls to the other side and leaning back in her seat. "Fine." She said, through gritted teeth.

Blair beamed.

[104][8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/12/2015 1:21 PM

Veronica looked out of the window, watching the trees of the forest past by her. The farther they ventured in, the more they seemed to get bigger and bigger, until the sky almost vanished above them. Veronica frowned. "Where are we going?" She asked, turning to kneel on the seat to look out of the rear window, like a child. Blair swatted Veronica's bottom. "Sit down, Veronica, goodness. You're a lady. And you're wearing a skirt."

Her daughter ignored her. "Where are you taking me?" She demanded.

Blair rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Veronica, the way you're going on you would think I was trying to take you out into the forest to have you killed or something." Veronica eyed her suspiciously. She would never put it past Blair. "Sit down, we're almost there. You'll love it, I promise."

[105][9]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/12/2015 1:26 PM

Veronica reluctantly returned to her seat, crossing her arms. They didn't speak for the rest of way there, and when they finally emerged into the clearing Veronica was surprised to find what lay in the middle. Made to look like it had been constructed from wood, which Veronica knew would have been silly and wasteful, the shopping center spanned for what looked to be a half a mile long. The building was two stories high and had been decorated with warm, yellow lights. If the lodge feeling was what they had been going for, they were certainly capturing it.

Even better than the building though, was how beside it was a shallow pool that was the feeding ground for some of the famous Idalani waterfalls, rushing hard and purposeful. Veronica breathed in pleasant surprise.

[106][10]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/12/2015 1:32 PM

Her mother almost looked smug. "It's new. One of the girls in the book club told me about it, she said it's one of the most amazing shopping experiences she's ever had. It has the quaintness of a camping lodge, but all of its features are modern and clean. They put all of the finest shops in Evelon here, which is especially good for keeping out, you know," She grimaced. "The riff raff."

Veronica ignored the last bit. "Mother, it's...beautiful." She said honestly, and Blair looked pleased to have impressed her. "Under the waterfalls is a cafe. They've placed in perfectly so you receive a light mist from the falls without having to mess up your hair. I've arranged for us to have brunch there. You'll love it." She passed her daughter her compact mirror. "But before we go inside, fix your hair and makeup. You look like a mess."

Veronica took the mirror, not seeing anything wrong with her appearance from moving some hair strands around and blending her foundation a little more just to please Blair.

[107][11]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/19/2015 9:28 PM

The town car pulled up to the curb, and the women waited for the valet to open their door before stepping out. Veronica couldn't help but notice the devilish grin her mother had given the valet, a young, attractive college age man, as he helped her outside of the car. Her smile had been quickly reciprocated, and Veronica had to stop herself from puking in her mouth. They hadn't even properly gotten out of the car, and her mother was already up to her tricks.

When the valet reached out to help Veronica, very obviously interested in her as well, she impatiently slapped his hand away and got out of the car herself. She smoothed down her skirt and grabbed her mother's arm, pulling her into the mall. "Try and have some self control." She hissed at Blair.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Veronica narrowed her eyes at her. "You know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about." She said under her breath, careful not to cause a scene.

[108][12]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/19/2015 9:33 PM

Blair fixed her lipstick, returning her daughter's disdainful gaze. "Veronica, I certainly do not appreciate your tone of voice right now. You should never use such horrid words, especially when talking to your mother." She answered, but Veronica had had enough of her lectures during the car ride here. The doors were opened for them and they stepped through, both forgetting to acknowledge the doormen. "Also I don't know what it is that you're implying, either, but I don't like it."

Veronica rolled her eyes. She hated it when her mother played dumb like this. "You know what I'm implying, Mother." She answered. The mall was beautiful, she had to admit. Everything, from the hardwood floors to the burgundy walls to mahogany benches and grand foundation was pristine. Gorgeous. No wonder her mother had fallen in love with the place. "I'm not asking to go into specifics, but I do ask that you behave yourself while we're on this trip."

"I cannot believe that you have the audacity to tell me to-"

[109][13]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/19/2015 9:38 PM

Veronica grabbed her mother's hand, which might have looked like a loving gesture from anyone from the outside looks in, but was honestly anything but. She squeezed so hard Blair almost yelped. "This conversation is not happening right now." Veronica whispered, a fake smile plastered on her face. "But I just want you to know that I know what it is that you are about, and if you want me to pretend to want to be here with you then I insist that you find some sort of self control." She rubbed the top of her mother's hand. "Understand?"

Blair returned the empty smile and wrenched her hand away from her daughter. "Why am I always surprised by how much of a bitch you are?" She asked, marching away from Veronica into the first store. Veronica watched her mother go, her high heels clicking hard against the hardwood floors, and sighed.

She was regretting this trip even more.

[110][14]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/04/2015 8:14 PM

Blair had already begun sorting through racks of clothing in the first department store when Veronica had forced herself to join her. There was a brief exchange of acknowledgement between the two woman, but no words were said. The day was already off to a more than sour start, and they knew the best thing (for both of their sanities) was to cool off for a bit.

An hour or so passed, with both women perusing around their respective sections of the store, before they made their purchases. Blair peeked at Veronica's purchases, immediately noting a little black dress that left...very little to the imagination. "That's...quite an ensemble, Veronica." She commented. Veronica looked at it too, except a wide smile was on her face. "Right? I figured it would be perfect to go clubbing in."

"Clubbing...right." Blair said, sipping her complimentary glass of champagne with her free hand. "That...thing you do where you go to the dark building with all of the loud music and lights?"

[111][15]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer