Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

[Quest] More Than a Pit Stop [Self; L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2016 7:50 PM

ImageImage

Sue was fairly sure the vibrations of the train had permanently damaged his legs, or at least put them in a very deep state of sleep. He wobbled as he snuck out of the train car, frowning at Maria as the scruffy boy peered at a signpost a little ways off. "Where are we?" Sue grumbled, voice heavy with the half-sleep that he'd been under for the past couple of hours.

"Colorado," Maria murmured, arms crossed loosely over his chest as his eyes scanned the signs on the signpost. "We went a little off course, I think. But trains are funny like that," he added, turning his attention to Sue with that dull-eyed, lopsided smile.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Quest] More Than a Pit Stop [Self; L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2016 7:55 PM

They'd been traveling long enough together that Sue had, by now, gotten used to that scar that cut across Maria's face--but when the boy smiled, it was no less unnerving. "Yeah, trains are funny like that," Sue muttered in echo, unable to find it in himself to scowl. He hated to admit it, but for all its ups and downs, he supposed this little road trip of theirs could've been called fun. Granted, there were parts of it he would've rather had avoided, but others... Sue's gaze flicked over to Maria's face, following the nearly-vertical gash along his lips and then settling on those, before he blinked out of his thoughts and cleared his throat. "So what do we do? Get back on the train?" As he said this, his stomach let out a nasty, hollow growl of emptiness, and Sue felt a light heat of embarrassment rise to his face.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2016 8:00 PM

Maria glanced over at Sue's face, then down at Sue's stomach, then over at the men beginning to get out of the train and speak to each other. He put a finger to his lips and turned his ear towards the conversation, listening quietly, then shrugged. "I think they're done for the night," he mused, putting his hands on his hips and cocking his head up to look up at Sue squarely. "You sound half starved, and I'm feeling a little hungry myself. Why don't we look around for somewhere to eat?"

Sue frowned slightly, staring back. He didn't want to be the first to break eye-contact. He'd decided long ago that he was done being intimidated by the smaller boy. Sue could easily take him in a fight, if there ever was going to be a fight, which... at this point, Sue highly doubted. If they'd been stuck together in various stages of cramped train cars for nearly a month and hadn't broken out in a brawl yet, Sue figured they were probably pretty damn golden.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2016 9:44 PM

"Yeah, sure. Fine," Sue snapped, finally looking away and backing up a few steps. Maria grinned a devil's smile, then softened it in a split second, turning on his heel and waving for Sue to follow.

"There's gotta be something nearby. It's a train stop, and the conductor and crew are stopping for the day--so there has to be somewhere to eat," Maria mused out loud, still waving his hand about in a slow arc by the wrist. "Keep your eyes peeled."

Sue frowned at that, but did so regardless--as they walked away from the train stop, the trees gave way rather quickly to houses and convenience stores, and Sue had to admit that the weather was pretty amazing. "Wow," he murmured softly, looking around with widening eyes. "Different as hell from New York."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/21/2016 5:55 PM

"Ya don't say?" Maria teased, and Sue snorted in renewed irritation. "Hey, relax, Iglesias. Think of this via point as a kind of rest stop. A little vacation," he rambled on, and Sue tried to put away the wariness surrounding his thoughts about Maria that still clung to him, even after all this time.

Sue's eyes flicked over to a building that looked to him like a mom and pop Italian place, and he considered it for a few moments before tugging at the back of Maria's baggy shirt before they could pass it. "What about there?" he ventured, nodding to the restaurant. "Pasta's good... right?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2016 6:16 PM

"Yeah," Maria answered with a small light of amusement in his dusky eyes. "Pasta's good." The two went inside, and almost immediately the smell of red sauce and bread hit Sue's nostrils, making his aching stomach growl in protest.

"Holy shit..." Sue practically moaned, picking up the pace to go up to the podium where a waiter would meet them. "It smells way too good in here... I'm gonna die. We have to get some food, like, right now," he mumbled as Maria followed up behind him, a grin stretched across his face.

"Hasty!" he scolded, and as a waiter approached, he dithered for a moment before lightly elbowing Sue in the ribs with an expectant look on his face.

"What the hell! That hurt--oh," Sue finished on an English word, though it was certainly a sound of realization that could be interpreted across multiple languages, Spanish or not. "Ah... hey. Table for two, please?" Sue asked the waiter, who eyed them and their ragged clothes for a few moments before putting on a small smile and nodding, telling them to follow him further into the restaurant.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2016 6:23 PM

The two were seated in a matter of moments, in a little booth by a window, and Sue melted into the cushioned seat with a heavy sigh. "I'm pretty sure my ass hasn't seen something this soft since we stopped at that old hotel in Illinois." Maria cracked a chuckle at that, leaning back against his own seat with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"If you're not used to traincar floors by now, I don't know what to do with you, Iglesias," Maria murmured, shifting forward to lean his elbows on the table and prop up his chin on his hands. Sue blinked at the gesture, feeling compelled to do the same, but leaning closer didn't really appeal to his head so much at that moment. Heart, maybe, but his heart could sit the fuck down.

"Honestly, if you think hopping trains is relaxing or enjoyable compared to sleeping in an actual bed, you're a looney. No offense," Sue said, obviously meaning a tiny pang of offense, just to watch that grin stretch further over Maria's freckled face. "A huge fucking loon is what you are." Maria eyed Sue for a moment, then suddenly glanced down at the menus on the table and pursed his lips in a small O, and he uttered a soft little oooo-woooo noise that made Sue squint. "The fuck was that?"

"Loon," Maria answered truthfully, mouth settling back on that shit-eating grin that Sue had become so accustomed to in the past several weeks. "It's like a duck. They make that sound." Sue couldn't help but smile at that, as stupid as it was. A total loon, that was for sure.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2016 6:33 PM

Despite knowing about Maria's frankly worryingly large stash of money, Sue decided to get something cheap, and Maria had followed his example. It would cause less of a scene--two scruffy-looking latino runaways who barely looked eighteen, much less like anyone who should be ordering expensive things at a restaurant. The food came, and once the waiter was a little further away, Sue dragged his plate of spaghetti closer and snatched a breadstick off the table, tearing it and mashing it into the meat sauce on top before tearing into the dish. Maria showed a little more restraint, amused by Sue's ravenous eating habits, and began twirling pasta around the prongs of his fork with a bony, delicate hand.

"Think there's a hotel around here?" Maria murmured thoughtlessly, abandoning his food halfway through for a moment to glance out the window at the darkening sky. "We should get a room. You're right--sleeping in the traincar when there's an alternative is kind of a drag."

Sue snorted at the 'get a room' comment, smirking slightly as he wiped red sauce away from the corner of his mouth. "That's a bit forward," he joked, and Maria caught the joke easily, laughing slightly and shaking his head.

"Well, we're on a date, aren't we?" he mused aloud, stabbing a meatball and cutting it in half, eating one of the halves and chewing as he peered up at a slightly frozen Sue. He watched as the other boy glanced up at him and stared, trying to find the humor in Maria's voice, but Maria's dark eyes were a curtain that held back any of the hidden giggles he was about to have for the look on Sue's face. "I'm even paying for it."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2016 6:53 PM

Sue was silent for a moment, then made an irritated noise, his face tinted with red. "Don't make jokes about that shit out loud," he muttered, rubbing at his hair and stabbing his last meatball with an agitated spearing motion.

"Why not? I doubt anyone can understand us," Maria murmured, arching a brow slowly and smiling a different kind of smile at Sue. To most people, it looked rather creepy, with that scar jutting across it--but Sue had come to understand that this was Maria's version of an affectionate smile. It still irritated him, though, if not all the more. When he heard the English words, barely loud enough for the surrounding tables to hear, slipping softly out of Maria's mouth, Sue felt his blood run hot. "I know... we agreed not to talk about what happened in the train car--"

"Listen," Sue snapped, slamming a fist down and making the table rattle. Maria actually flinched, a little startled, and he glanced around with a wide-eyed look to see if anyone was staring at them. A few people were, but they quickly went about their business, and Maria let out a soft hiss of air through his nose as Sue began lecturing him in a very quiet voice. "It bothers me, Maria. I don't like to talk about it out in the open. I... I know we kissed, and all that stuff, and that's great--I fucking enjoyed it. You win," he added, a note of humor threatening to slip into his voice, and Maria's mouth twitched into a small smirk. "But... can we please just keep it casual, in the daylight?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2016 7:02 PM

Maria's smirk slowly fell at that, sobering, and he nodded slowly. "Yeah," he murmured, offering Sue a genuine kind of smile. "Alright. I just like messing with you--but if it's gonna get you that angry, then I'll avoid it. I'd rather not lose teeth over it." Sue peered at him suspiciously for a moment, before he relaxed with a loud exhale that sounded kind of like a laugh.

"I wouldn't hit you, idiot," Sue chuckled, and Maria blinked, glancing up at him with a soft, unintelligible look in his eyes. After a moment of silence, Maria looked down at his plate, then pushed it closer to Sue and flicked his last full meatball onto Sue's plate with his fork.

"This Tramp's had enough--the Lady can have it," Maria tittered, and Sue stared for a couple of beats before the reference--or sad excuse for a joke--settled in.

"Fuck you," he snorted, a note of affection in his voice that he couldn't quite keep from coming out, and he stabbed the meatball and ate it with a grunt of warning. "Thanks, though," he muttered, and Maria smiled sweetly at him (or as sweetly as he could physically manage), before patting the table and placing the correct amount of money on it from a stash in his pocket.

"I'm gonnna hit the restroom. Grab a go-box for mine, will you? I'll ask the front desk about a hotel," Maria said, and Sue waved him off before sliding the bills closer and arching an eyebrow at the large tip. It unsettled him how freely Maria spent money. Sue had never looked to see how much the boy actually had. He glanced over at Maria's receding figure, eyes flicking up and down the boy's back, before he scowled at himself and quickly finished up the rest of his food, trying to forget that crooked smile just for a few moments of peace.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate