Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Postby Kalandra » 01/16/2008 9:52 PM

Ivmar

Ivmar could smell trouble brewing and by the stricken look on her face, so could Taron.  The way Rosto and Sedra were shouting at each other it seemed another fight was imminent.  Ivmar turned to Taron.  "I don't know about you Taron, but I think I'd rather not be here just now.  Maybe we should go back to the cave and get dinner ready." Taron nodded in agreement, and the pair took off, Ivmar in the lead.  It was a short flight, as the battle with the Garudor had taken place not far from the cave.  Once they landed Ivmar and Taron dug into the packs.
A Biolune Serraptor streaks past you, followed by a girl, a Blaze Polly, and a Biolune Cavallion.

<center>Image

Links: Zoo Pen - My Breeders
Breeding Licenses: ImageImage
Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/16/2008 10:02 PM

Taron

As she rummaged through her pack, Taron thought about her friends.  Although they didn't argue all that often, when Rosto and Sedra did have a disagreement...well, it could drive Rosto to violence, which was no easy task.  At first Taron and Ivmar had tried to break up the arguments, but they quickly learned to stay out of it.  Rosto and Sedra could be quite vicious with their words when they were so angry.  Now they left the pair outside, shouting at one another so loudly that the Albie Taron had been watching started to protest.  

Tuning them out, Taron felt around until she managed to grab the minerals and berries she'd packed that morning.  She took one small rock that was rich in minerals and four berries; then put the rest away.  The more that was saved, the more that could be eaten later.  Next to her she saw Ivmar munching on half an apple he'd packed.  The other half had been eaten before they left, so now there was no sticky half of an apple in Ivmar's pack.   Urg...Taron hated to think how sticky and ucky the inside of Ivmar's pack might be.
A Biolune Serraptor streaks past you, followed by a girl, a Blaze Polly, and a Biolune Cavallion.

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/16/2008 10:27 PM

Sedra

At Rosto's words, Sedra was speechless.  Stop doing his stunts?  They weren't for fun, they were to protect everyone!  Although, if he was honest with himself, Rosto probably felt that her stunts helped too.  Certainly the one she had just done had saved a lot of pain.  It was just...he really didn't want to see any of them get hurt, and that included Rosto.  "But...I...you..."he stuttered.  Why can't I talk straight?  Sedra shook himself and tried again.  "Fine, have it your way, but don't come crying to me when you get into trouble!"

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/17/2008 6:19 PM

Rosto

Once he was finished yelling at Rosto, Sedra flew off, out into the valley.  She hovered in the air for a bit, then landed on the tree overlooking the Cobalt Albie.  After that fight she and Sedra both needed time alone, and that meant time away from the cave, since that was surely where Taron and Ivmar were.  Besides, strange as it seemed, watching the Albie proved to be very soothing for Rosto.

The battle from earlier had drawn the attention of the Albie upward, and they were now gazing at Rosto much as she was them.  It was odd to sit there and stare at one another, but eventually the Albie grew bored with Rosto and turned away.  Rosto didn't take her gaze off them, not because of curiosity as much as that she was lost deep in her own thoughts.  It was a long while before she noticed that the Albie were gone.

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/17/2008 6:31 PM

Taron

Ah, things outside had finally quieted down.  While that meant Rosto and Sedra were done arguing, it did not necessarily mean they were in a better mood, so Taron and Ivmar continued to nibble at their dinner in silence.  It was rather dull though, so Taron, after checking that Ivmar was in a good mood, spoke up: "Hey Ivmar, how are you?  When that Garudor screamed after you hit its eye..."she shuddered.  "I don't think I'll ever forget the sound.  You were right there though; it must have been worse for you than for me or Sedra.  Are you all right?  You haven't said much since."

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/17/2008 6:45 PM

Ivmar

One eye widened; the Stargoyle equivalent of raising an eyebrow.  "Pardon?  Correct me if I'm wrong Taron, but it is you that has not spoken, save just now.  You're right, I think, about the Garudor's cry.  As I don't know what it was like for you or for Sedra I can't really say if it was worse for me or not, but it was terrible.  The sound waves were so intense they shook me up; I could practically hear my bones rattling, and since that cry was so loud that's saying something."

He inspected the Bronze Stargoyle that was sitting to his left for a moment.  Her skin was getting tarnished again; she'd have to get it cleaned and shined soon.  Personally, he was glad that he didn't have to go through all that; his marble hide only needed cleaning every so often.  Once he had looked his fill he took a deep breath and continued: "Perhaps it's not me we should be talking about.  Rosto and Sedra...they were both acting pretty crazy a second ago.  What do you suppose is wrong?"

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/19/2008 2:30 PM

Taron

"What's wrong with Rosto and Sedra?  I'm not sure Ivmar.  Usually Rosto's very quiet and sweet, and while he can be a little forceful sometimes Sedra doesn't tend to blow up at people like that.  All I can think of that would make them act that way is stress or some such thing.  The Garudor situation was stressful, although I didn't think it was that bad.  They're only upset with each other, not you or me and we were in there doing stunts too."

Taron paused a moment to gather her thoughts before continuing: "Actually, I think they just care a lot about others, have really big hearts.  In that battle they both put themselves in harm's way to help everyone else, and in that battle they both worried about you and me, but they were more worried about each other because they were taking such risks.  Ugh, I don't think I could stand caring that much about everyone around me.  I don't envy them that, and I hope they straighten things out between each other."

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/21/2008 12:04 AM

Ivmar

Taron's words had a ring of truth to them.  The more he thought about them, the more Ivmar was certain that Taron was right: Rosto and Sedra had gotten angry out of worry for one another, a worry worsened by the tricks they'd used to help everyone out.  Taron was also correct in that the real issue now was whether or not Rosto and Sedra could reconcile the argument.  There wasn't really anything he or Taron could do to help; their friends needed space.  No, Ivmar concluded, we'll just have to stay here and chat until those guys come back.

Sighing and resigning himself to a long wait, Ivmar pulled a project he'd been working on for some time out of his pack and set it down in front of him.  It was a slab of rock that he was carving very carefully to be a portrait of him and his Stargoyle friends.  It was only half finished, but once completed it would have Taron inspecting a little Kuni in a pond, Sedra next to her looking exasperated, Rosto watching it all patiently, and himself, Ivmar, drawing a picture in the dirt of the Kuni.  Once finished, the picture would be spectacular.  Until then, it wasn't much to look at.  It was Ivmar's real masterpiece, and he was going very slowly and carefully to insure it was done to the best of his ability.

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/22/2008 4:17 PM

Sedra

The only sound as Sedra soared through the valley was that of the wind rushing across his wings.  He didn't notice even the rushing wind though, so deeply immersed was he in his own thoughts.  Why is it I can't stop myself from arguing with Rosto every single time something happens?  It never makes any difference; she still throws herself in harm's way.  All it does is get us both upset.  Stunts such as handing out fruit and nuts to that huge Garudor...what is she thinking?  She really worries me when she does that, can't she see that's why I yell at her?  Or...is that why she snaps right back...?  We need to talk.

Sedra banked to his left and flapped his wings a few times before settling down to glide on a gentle breeze.  He had to find Rosto...so where would she be?  Hmm, if he had taken off into the valley she'd probably want to avoid him, so logic dictated that she'd be near or in the cave.  Sure enough, as he neared the cave he saw Rosto sitting atop the tree from which Taron had been observing the Albie earlier.  He approached her cautiously, for he did not want to have her yelling at him again.  "Um...Rosto,"he called out uncertainly, "I think we really need to talk about what happened earlier.  Mind if I join you?"

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/22/2008 4:51 PM

Rosto

A sigh whistled out from her mouth as Rosto continued to stare at nothing.  She knew that the reason Sedra yelled at her was that he cared, just as he cared about Taron and Ivmar.  Still, she wished he would relax.  Just because she didn't want to fight didn't mean she wouldn't if she needed to and it certainly didn't make her helpless.  Then again, Sedra was far from helpless too and yet she still worried about him.  There was no reason to though: he was strong in a fight, fast, and quite smart, even if her wasn't quite as smart as Taron.  That was overall though; when it came to quick thinking he usually had Taron beat.

Suddenly she was aware of the sound of wings flapping coming from just behind her.  Oh no, she'd been so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she hadn't noticed someone approaching!  Just as she whirled around to see who it was she heard Sedra's voice, asking if he could join her on the tree.  She looked up; he was the one that had managed to sneak up on her.  While that was a little irritating, she too felt talking was a good idea and nodded, then made room for him to land.

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/22/2008 5:34 PM

Sedra

Well, Rosto hadn't said anything, but she also hadn't exploded either.  Furthermore, she had nodded at his request and moved over, inviting him to land.  Relieved that so far things were not so bad, Sedra alighted on tree canopy next to Rosto and rested his wings for a few minutes.  During those minutes neither made an attempt to speak, but simply sat there next to one another in total silence, except for the sound of the wind rustling leaves and rushing over rocks.

Finally, his wings rested, Sedra spoke up.  "Listen, Rosto, about earlier...I'm sorry that I yelled at you like that.  It's just...when you do things like fly up to an enraged Garudor you scare me.  I'll admit it: you scare me when you do that.  I can't help but worry that you'll get hurt one of these times.  I suppose I can't stop you from doing whatever you will, but try to be careful.  I don't want to see you hurt anymore than I want to see Ivmar or Taron hurt." Oh dear, did I say too much? he wondered, horrified.

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/25/2008 9:58 PM

Rosto

Yes, that did indeed seem to be the problem.  Both wanted to protect each other and yet both were more than willing to use themselves as a shield for their friends.  There wasn't anything romantic about it either; they were friends with one another as they were friends with Taron and Ivmar.  The only reason they seemed to care more about one another was that they kept on throwing themselves in harm's way, something Taron and Ivmar did not frequently do unless asked.

Rosto sighed softly before turning to Sedra.  "Sedra, that's the problem.  I also worry about you as well as Ivmar and Taron.  The real problem though is that you and I give each other headaches by doing things without letting the other know, thus causing the other worry.  Ivmar and Taron don't do anything unless you ask them to, whereas you and I just act on instinct.  I think we should agree to worry but get off each other's case about it.  Agreed?"

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/25/2008 11:17 PM

Taron

Taron was trying hard not to move.  She in the perfect pose for Ivmar's masterpiece and she had to hold it.  When Ivmar had asked her to model for him for a bit Taron hadn't had any objections, but now she was beginning to question the wisdom of that decision.  There was an itch just under her left wing that she couldn't scratch, and her muscles were starting to ache a little from holding the pose for so long.  Ivmar was not done with her yet though.

Rosto and Sedra were not back yet.  Taron hoped they were all right, that they had managed to settle their argument.  She watched Ivmar out of the corner of her eye as he continued to work on his portrait.  There was one thing that puzzled her about it: if Ivmar wanted to use models for each of them, how would he model himself?  He couldn't exactly look at himself and even if he could, he couldn't hold a pose and scratch out a picture at the same time.  She'd have to ask him once he let her stop...

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/26/2008 12:00 AM

Ivmar

Okay, I need a curved line here... Ivmar scraped a claw over the surface of the portrait.  From time to time he glanced up at Taron before continuing with the portrait in front of him.  He wanted to get this portrait right the first time, wanted it to be perfect.  He couldn't afford to mess up, which was why he had asked Taron to pose for him.  The pose she was in was the very one he was scratching her in.  It wasn't easy to hold he knew, but he couldn't rush what he was doing or it would be ruined.

Almost there...just a little more...another small scratch there and...done! Ivmar thought as he finished Taron's piece of the portrait.  "Hey Taron, you can stop now.  Why don't you come tell me what you think?  I personally think it's a decent enough sketch of you, but I could be wrong.  Besides, after all that work on your part it should please you as much if not more than me.  It is your portrait after all." Okay, so he was babbling a little.  He was nervous about the quality of his work even though he knew he'd tried his best.  Was that so wrong?

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kalandra » 01/27/2008 6:20 PM

Taron

With a groan of relief Taron collapsed onto the floor.  That was the longest time she'd had to hold her body in one position.  Even in flight her wings tilted and flexed to help her steer and balance, with the occasional flap for forward thrust.  Mercifully, it was over.  She had posed for Ivmar and he was finished with her, so now she could relax...or not.  Ivmar was talking to her, asking for her opinion on his art.  All she wanted to do was lay there, but Taron knew how hurt Ivmar would be if she didn't give her opinion.

Sighing her reluctance Taron got up and walked over to Ivmar and the portrait.  For a few minutes she said nothing as she scrutinized Ivmar's work.  The portrait was taking shape nicely; although of the four of them only Taron was complete.  Hardly anything had been done with the others, including Ivmar.  While the overall picture was beautiful, it was specifically herself that Taron had been asked to critique and thus it was herself that she paid the closest attention to.  

She was hovering right above some sort of plant and was staring at it intensely, completely in awe and wonder of it.  The Taron in the portrait was so curious about that plant...somehow Ivmar had managed to capture Taron's very soul in her portrait.  It rendered the real Taron speechless for a minute while she tried to think of something to say.  Finally: "It's beautiful Ivmar.  I look like I might start asking questions at any second, despite being only a carving.  I don't know how you did it, but it's great!"

<center>Image

Kalandra
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext