Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Petrie's Date [With Himself] -Quest, Finished-

Postby RiDragon » 02/11/2017 10:19 PM

"Chrrrp.  Chip chip chip."
The little Banatoyle chattered to itself incessantly.  It seemed to be talking to itself, though what it meant was hard to say.  It cocked its head to the side, hopping along the tree branch it had perched itself on.  It seemed to be very interested in the waterfalls in the distance, though how such a tiny creature could make his way all the way over to them was a challenge.  It made a few more noises before flittering to another tree branch.

The Jungle itself was quite warm today, despite the snowstorm that had blown through only a few days ago. The sunny spots were very enjoyable, especially to the reptilian creature.  It had been a very slow week to the creature, the cold weather preventing it from really doing much.  It seemed quite happy to finally be out and stretching its wings.

[1]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Petrie's Date [With Himself]

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 1:45 AM

A sweet humming caught the attention of the pterodactyl-like creature.  It quickly tilted its head left, then right, trying to discern the location of the sound.  Letting out a sharp chirp, it flew into a lower branch of an adjacent tree.  It could hear footsteps cracking twigs and rustling leaves down below.  Peering down, it was able to see the shape of a human wearing bright clothing.  Chirping loudly in recognition, it quickly dived down.

[2]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:35 PM

Olive skipped happily through the forest, humming a sweet tune she had made up herself.  It was sort of a mix between "Row Your Boat" and "It's a Small World."  If you can imagine that.  It was light, but a bit annoying.  Luckily she tried to only hum it while alone.  A chip chirping sound caught her attention, and she looked up just in time to see a blue shape flying at her.  She let out a yelp of surprise, falling over.

[3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:43 PM

"Chip Chirp Cheep Chirp!"  
The creature begged incessantly, hopping up and down on Olive's chest while she laid on the ground, stunned by the impact of the tiny thing.  Though she wasn't hit hard at all, the dino was about the size of her fist, the surprise had caused her quite a fright.  When she finally regained her senses, she finally noticed him jumping on top of her, still yelling.

"Oh.  Hello there Petrie."  She laughed, trying to push him off.

[4]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:47 PM

"PEP!"  The creature, Petrie as he seemed to be called, angrily shrieked.  It pecked at Olive's hands, though not trying to hurt her on purpose.  It looked like he might be hungry?

"I don't have any food, buddy."  Olive responded, tilting her head to the side.  The creature only responded with more squeaks and chirps, shaking its head.  It hopped on top of her a few times, pointing with its head in the direction Olive had been walking.

"Oh?  Do you want to go to the falls with me?  I was just heading there!"

[5]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:50 PM

"Pep!  Pepepepepepepepepepeppepepe..."  

It seemed extremely excited at the idea, hopping up and down even more on Olive's chest.  She laughed in response,
"Okay buddy, but you have to let me get up, ok?"  Petrie obliged, fluttering up to a tree branch above them.  Olive slowly got up and brushed herself off, frowning at the dirt stains on herself.  "Well, that'll come off in the wash."  She said, though she had a feeling it wouldn't."  She was about to continue on, when she realized she had forgotten something.  

"Oh crap!  Where'd my picnic basket go?"

[6]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:52 PM

Petrie tilted his head to the side, not understanding why the human wasn't following him more.  He cried out in annoyance, but Olive simply waved her hand at him.

"Not now buddy, you made me drop my basket..."  She looked around.  "Oh..  How could it have gotten so far?  You need to help me!"

Petrie tilted his head to the other side, not quite understanding.  Then, a shiny red surface caught his attention.  He cried out and dived at it, hitting a shiny red apple that had fallen out of a basket.

"Oh!  Good job!  I guess I couldn't see it in the shade!"

[7]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:55 PM

The creature yelled out again in annoyance as Olive shooed it away from the apple.  It had wanted to peck at that!  Though he seemed happy that she was moving again.

"Don't worry, I'll let you have it once we set up, ok?"  She pat the creatures head.  It tolerated the petting for a few moments before trying to eat Olive's fingers, which made her chuckle.  "You silly little thing, don't try to eat me!"

[8]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 10:57 PM

The creature soon got bored of sitting on Olive's shoulder, opting to instead flutter from branch to branch as she made her way through the forest.  She was taking her sweet time, and it annoyed him a little.  Though he enjoyed the company.

Eventually, they finally made it to the edge of the woods, where the falls started.  "Alright buddy, we're here!  Why don't you try to find a good spot for us to sit, ok?"

[9]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 11:01 PM

Petrie flew around a bit, circling the area.  It seemed to understand the basics of Olive's question, and was looking for something.  It cawed to itself every few moments to let the human know that he was still there.  Though he was soon distracted by a rainbow being created from the refracted light of the falls.  His eyes glittered and he went to fly right into it.  Which...  Of course didn't end up so well.  He let out a screech as the waters dragged him down, falling into the clear waters below.

"Oh Petrie!"  Olive cried out, clasping her hands together.  "You picked a perfect spot!"  She ran over with her blanket and placed it gently on the ground in front of the beautiful pool of water created by the falls.  The bird cawed again, mouth filled with water, and decided to take a nap.

[10]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items