Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

The Response [Self][Quest][Finished]

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/15/2017 1:34 PM

Whisper crashed through the trees clumsily, not bothering to try and phase through the thick underbrush. She was too focused on her mission to pay attention to her surroundings. Did he mean it?

She panted heavily, her heart pounding quicker with each step. She had to find Pyre, there wasn't any time to waste! Did he mean it?

Her cheeks were flushed from more than just exertion... She hadn't stopped blushing since she had begun reading that letter. He loved her! She squealed internally as she thought about it again.

She had to find him. Just ahead, she could see a break in the tree line, and she felt the first creeping up of nerves. It doesn't matter, now, she thought determinedly. With that last thought, she burst into the clearing.

"Pyre!"

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: The Response [Self][Quest]

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/16/2017 1:34 AM

The Yonyuu sat quietly at the edge of the pond, staring silently up at the cascading waterfalls of Idalani. He'd been here since he had first left that letter for Whisper to find. What if she doesn't come? He sighed, lowering his head to stare at his reflection on the water.

Well, he couldn't exactly blame her if she didn't wish to show up. After all... Who would love this? He grimaced at his glowing eyes, starkly contrasting from his gloomy fur and bringing out the hazardous orange of his wings. He marked souls for death for a living. How could someone, especially her, ever love him?

So deep into his thoughts, he didn't hear the cacophony of sounds erupting from the forest behind him. He only looked up at the sudden shout of his name, turning around to see Whisper flinging herself at him from the tree line. Without thinking, he morphed into his human form, preparing to catch her.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/18/2017 5:40 PM

Whisper's eyes widened as she flew towards Pyre. "Look out," she cried, but it was too late.

The two collided hard and were sent careening towards the ground. Pyre took the brunt of the fall, grunting as Whisper's weight landed on him. Luckily, the Fellox didn't weigh much, so no damage was done. Pyre sighed in relief as she lifted her head. Thank goodness she's alright - "Pyre, that was very dangerous," she fumed angrily.

He winced at her tone, but noticed the worry and nervousness pinching her features. "In what semblance did you think that would be a good idea -" she cut herself off as Pyre removed one arm from around her to point over his shoulder. Less than two feet behind them, a sheer drop from a ledge led to shallow waters below.

Her eyes widened, and she looked up to see Pyre's amused expression. "Oh. Uh. . ." Whisper's ears flattened against her head, and she dropped her gaze to his shoulder, instead. "Thanks."

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/25/2017 2:59 PM

Pyre huffed and smiled down at her. I really love you, he sighed internally, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. He leaned forward and buried his face into her fur.

Whisper sank into the embrace. The two took a moment to soak in each other's presence before breaking apart. Whisper stood, quickly morphing into her human form, and reaching down a hand to help the other up. Pyre smiled warmly in thanks, taking her hand as he pulled himself up by her side.

"So..." Whisper looked up at the man beside her, smiling sheepishly. As their gazes met, she suddenly recalled why she was here. Her fingers tightened around his. Taking a deep breath, she gathered up her courage before blurting out, "Did you mean it?!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/27/2017 2:40 AM

Pyre had made his peace with this matter as soon as he wrote that letter. He was going to tell her no matter what. Without a moment of hesitation, he brought his unoccupied hand up to cup her face and smiled warmly. "Every word," he told her softly, but his tone was confident. He watched Whisper's face go an even darker shade, and the butterflies in his stomach seemed to disappear. There was no doubt in his mind now.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/27/2017 2:48 AM

Whisper felt her heart skip a beat inside of her chest. She had been unable to meet his eyes until now, and she looked up quickly as his hands cradled her gently. "Every word?" She asked in a tone matching his as her lips curled into a hesitant smile. She stepped even closer to him as she spoke, their body heats mingling together. Whisper felt her heart swell with love as she felt Pyre's beating in time with her own.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/27/2017 1:57 PM

"All of them," he grinned, then took his hand from her face, favoring to wrap it around her waist instead. "All of them and more." He leaned his face towards hers slowly, eyes focusing in on her lips.

He paused at the last moment, his lips a hairsbreadth away from hers. His eyes flicked up to meet her surprised gaze. "May I kiss you?" The quiet question seemed to echo around the small clearing as he awaited her response.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/28/2017 11:41 PM

Whisper returned his gaze steadily, though her lips seemed to tremble in anticipation. She opened her mouth to respond, but then shut it quickly and smiled widely instead. Just as Pyre was about to pull back, expression falling, Whisper threw her arms around his shoulders and brought his lips down onto hers.

Pyre's eyes widened and he made a noise of surprise, frozen for only a moment before pressing into the kiss, as well. Their eyes closed as they held each other gently in the warm light of the setting sun.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/28/2017 11:50 PM

After a long moment, the two pulled away from the kiss, but still kept within each other's embrace. Pyre's face was split into the biggest, happiest smile that Whisper had ever seen from him. "I love you," he whispered lovingly. "I love you so much." Whisper felt tears spring into her eyes as she finally heard him say those words out loud.

Choking back a happy sob, she grinned widely up at him. "I love you, too," she replied, voice trembling as a tear escaped down her cheek. Pyre leaned down once more to kiss away her tears before taking her by the hand.

"Are you ready?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/28/2017 11:57 PM

She gripped his hand tightly as they wound their fingers together. Bringing her gaze up to his, she grinned and wiped away the last of her happy tears. "Ready for what?" She asked, unafraid to know the answer.

Grinning back at her, he replied softly, "For anything?" Whisper's grin softened into a loving smile, and she pressed against him, side to side.

"For everything," she added confidently. With that, the two stepped forward together into the sunset. Pyre had never looked forward to the future before he had met Whisper, he realized, looking down at her. His heart swelled as she smiled back up at him, and he squeezed her hand gently.

He was looking forward to the future, and more.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items