Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Will I ever find love? (Lucain looking for possible lifemate

Postby Kyrit » 09/10/2007 6:43 PM

The lights were beautiful, reflecting off of the water that also reflected the stary night sky. Xyren looked up at the stars and the moon, letting out a small sigh. "Such a beautiful sight and no one to share it with..." The black and purple ancient male had been alone for some time now, but had always wished for a special someone to spend his time with. The person closest to him was his little sister, Rysk, but their relationship was as siblings and friends. He wanted something more then that.

Continuing on down the path to the falls, the ancient markings on his body let off a feint light, much like his father's odd markings often did. Would the son of Nazuna and Raksis ever find someone?
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1630
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/11/2007 11:11 AM

Tasera

There was another Lucain roaming about the Falls that night, enjoying the crisp air and the calming sight of the moon, stars, and the Falls themselves.  The dark purple Ancient markings on this female stood out on her grey and dark grey pelt, but she didn't mind that they did not go in any way with her other coloration.  She rather liked her purple markings.  She just couldn't find someone who could appreciate her yet.

Ever since she was a pup, she had many different visions and dreams.  Sometimes, she thought that those were her stories coming to life, until she was in Lambastia's Grand Cathedral and saw that Lasha, one of the kits she lived with, had been kidnapped.  She had been so scared for that sweet little Kuhna that the whole trio of Lucain that had come soon left, hoping to draw Lasha's kidnappers along behind them with Lasha in tow; a plan that, due to her insight, worked marvelously.

But then, there was the insight that there would be much controversy in her stepsibling's love lives before they'd find lifemates.  Unfortunately, given the fact that their own mother was getting far more breeding requests than them, this seemed true, and Galen scolded young Tasera.

Why was she cursed?  Why did she have to be the one out of the seven pups her mother had borne with that horrible gift?

She could sense the other Lucain, but she did not know where he was or if he was looking for company.  She sat a little distance away from him, hoping that he would acknowledge her.

{1--adding later--Fixed my crappy, museless post.}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 12:55 AM

Letting his back end slip down to the soft greenery below, Xyren closed his glimmering eyes. Why had he come here in the first place? He knew it would only sadden him to see such a sight, much like other times that he was alone. Even when around his sister, times were only barely cheerful for him. He loved the perky lucain so, but she was no fill for the darkness within his heart that needed to be filled.

The glow of his markings died down a bit as he listened to the relaxing sound of the falls. At first it would seem as though he were the only one around, but even through the mist he caught the scent of another lucain. Not one to pick fights, the ancient male decided that maybe it was best to not run up to the other lucain. It could possibly be another male lucain, one that might be looking for any reason to fight. He didn't move though... Maybe he could make a friend at the least.
(2)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 2:27 PM

Tasera tensed up as she realized that she did indeed smell another Lucain.  She had come here in hopes of getting away from her half-sibling's misconception of her visions; to be alone... Her three tails quivered nervously as she moved forward ever so slightly.  A vision began to rise in her memory, but she forced it beneath her conscious self long enough to breath one single, half-whispered question:

"Who's there?"

{2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 2:31 PM

His plush ears gave a small twitch, hearing her soft spoken words. He glanced toward the direction from which the voice had arose and gave a very soft smile. So it was just a female lucain. She seemed rather timid too. "No need to worry.." his sorrowful voice filled the air. "I'm not about to attack you or anything. My name is Xyren, and you would be?" He was still dreary, but the sight of another brought him a bit of happyness.
(3)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 6:30 PM

Tasera cleared her throat slightly.  "My name is Tasera, or Tas." She said quietly still; it took her a while to get used to different Lucain.  Especially other males.  "What brings you out to Idalani on such a fine night, Xryen?" She asked.  She figured she might as well know now, since she was just trying to get away from her half-siblings.

{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 6:45 PM

"Feelings..." That was all that the oddly colored male spoke at first. In the shadows of his fur, for some reason it seemed to gleam a brighter color. His winglbades a different color as well in their shadows. "Something drew me to this place... a feeling that I have deep down. It's as if someone or something has been calling out to me..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 6:50 PM

Tasera inclined her head ever so slightly.  "I see.  A feeling also drew me here, but I mostly ran here to escape my half-siblings and my... curse." She said, turning away for a moment.  Her eyes began to glaze over again, but she forced the thoughts from her mind.  "I had to run because my curse has given my half-siblings reason to loathe me for the time being." She explained.  This curse of hers was rarely ever a blessing; save for how she saved Ryen's little Doomsberry daughter.

{4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 7:01 PM

Xyren stood and took a few steps closer to her. "If you have a gift, do not call it a curse. Although they may not like it, your gift may come in handy to them one day. Not to meantion, they may just not like the fact that you are the one with the gift." Such a soft voice... and sad. Still, he wouldn't allow her to stand before him in sadness. Only one of them was allowed to sulk at once.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 7:08 PM

Tas sighed.  "Except this is a curse, Xryen.  Ever since I was a pup, I could see things happen before my eyes often days before they would actually happen.  My eyes would glaze over and I would be in a daze for a long time.  I have seen a kit kidnapped from my home, bloodshed, my mother fall ill out at Wilt'no, and little luck for my half-siblings' love lives.  When I told them that, they were both angered with me; so angry, I had to run to escape their fury... Well, Galen's fury.  Fleur just ran away to cry.  I would too, had I been told that my chances of finding a lifemate were slim." Here, she took a moment to catch her breath.  "My mother has fallen ill because of her condition of being with pups, and of where she is.  My Kuhna companions can do little for her but get her to an oasis at best.  She cries out to my father in both fear and hope; for he understood her better than anyone she's met." Here, tears came to her eyes as she looked Xryen in the eyes.  

"Tell me that this kind of thing is not a curse.  Tell me that you could bear to see all of this and still not be haunted."

{5--Wow, a real honest Tasera-rant! xD}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 7:14 PM

"Did you not know of a way to save said kit?" the black and purple ancient male started out. "Knowing that your mother is ill, you could have either gone to help her yourself or send someone that could truely help her. A hollowheart would be able to reach her within not too long and easily get her to safety." His eyes whirled, seeming like sparkling amethyst. Xyren was right though... She could help others with things that she had seen. "As for your brother and sister, it is not your fault that they aren't doing well with love. I would rather know of such rather then keep my hopes up for all ages."

"I don't know how I would act if I had your gift... But I know that it's your gift and you can do something with it."
(6)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 7:23 PM

Tas sighed.  "I dare not go to Wilt'no, for I... I am not the strongest of Lucain; nor do I do well in thinking about being there when she's giving birth.  Ryen can handle that far better; as he has had kits of his own and I have no pups in my name." She began.  "And it was nearly on pain of death that I was able to save said kit; by running out into the open and drawing her kidnappers along behind us." She continued quietly.

"Fleur is a gentle soul who has done no wrong, yet cannot snag a male's attention to save her life, unlike our mother.  Galen is her protector; mine as well, but he is directly related to Fleur, so his need to protect her is even stronger.  He hates to see her in tears, and thus was about to unleash his fury on me." Tears were now streaming down her coat as she closed her eyes.  She could see her Arkuhna friend giving up her eyesight to free a Hunter, and Saphira, a Hollowheart that lived with her, flying off to Wilt'no, saying it was time she toughened up for battles.  "It's hard, seeing everything that is connected to your life in one way or another." She sighed again; short, shaking sobs coming from her.

{6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/12/2007 7:29 PM

The male took a few steps closer yet again before letting his tongue run across her cheek. He may not have been great at expressing his own feelings, but it pained him to see this female before him crying. He could understand everything that she spoke, and would feel the same way to his little sister as Fleur did for his. But still... it was no reason to lash out at this one.

As they did earlier, his ancient markings were giving off a pulsating glow. "Please don't cry... One such as yourself shouldn't be brought to this..." If need be he'd do anything in his power to help right now. Heck! He'd even go have a 'chat' with Fluer, even with how much he disliked fight.
(7)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2007 2:09 PM

Tasera was shocked to say the least when Xryen approached her, but was deeply touched that he was trying to comfort her.  "Maybe," she whispered.  "Maybe it's because of something I might have done in a past life..." Here, she heaved a sigh before sitting up.  She could see in her mind's eye, a Purine Magistrey landing in front of Tali, as well as another male Lucain--it looked like it was Sire Varalus--running up to her.  She breathed a sigh of relief.  "My mother will be fine, it seems.  My Magistrey friend and her last mate are both aiding her to an oasis." Here, she shook her head to clear it of any thoughts.  "What is your home like?" She asked curiously.

{7}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/13/2007 6:32 PM

"I'm glad to hear that she is safe." He gave a small smile before slowly taking a seat. "My home..?" That was a bit of an odd question, but he wouldn't refuse her an answer. "A bit... Hectic to say the least. There are many lucain running about that are related to this one female, a celestial malamute named Kyuukai. I only have two sibblings though, only one living with us. Her name is Rysk and she's came close to getting herself killed a couple of times..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next