Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Postby Jaykobell » 09/21/2007 11:05 AM

Aniketos nodded. "It is a pleasure to meet you," he greeted. "The Khimera is named Sandford. He's a bit short-tempered, but he's nice nonetheless." Ketos turned to the still irritated feline.

"First, I am not short-tempered, I'm just irritated," he growled angrily. "Don't push me around, Deputy." He then simply moved to a different angle so his back was turned towards the others, his sight now resting upon Ephraim and Cortez. Fishing, eh? That he'd like to try...

Cortez nudged Ephraim encouragingly. "C'mon, don't be afraid!" she told him, putting her paws into the water. "It's real good right now!"

Her sight went back to Ephraim when he mentioned fishing. "Oh! Fishing! I love fishing!" she blurted out, running over to stand beside him. "A pirate can't keep his title until he knows how to fish!" she meowed, ready to catch some fish.

Ketos looked over at Daisuke. "Sure, I don't mind if you want to paint us. I'm sure Sandford won't mind, either." He turned to the Khimera, who didn't say anything.

[Cortez: 20 -- Level Up, Sandford: 20 -- Level Up, Aniketos: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/21/2007 4:58 PM

"Okay." The Arkuhna opened up his pack, and began setting up. Meanwhile, he enjoyed the scenery. "Nice day, isn't it, Anastasia?" He quickly realized that the Slikey was not next to him, and had a moment of panic. Kitty would murder him if that Blackberry Slikey got hurt. Fortunately, he saw her swimming a short way from shore, and went back to assembling his paints.

"Mind if I help?" Anastasia asked shly, swimming a little closer to the two Kuhnas. "I'm very good at catching fish." She ran one paw along her whiskers absentmindedly.

[A: 3, D: 3]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/24/2007 10:56 PM

Ephraim shook his head and shot Cortez a daring glance.
"Oh no no, I'm not afraid. I'm simply taking the time to gather my thoughts and prepare myself mentally for entering the water," he stated matter-of-factly.
"Believe, I'm not afraid. The exact opposite infact," he smirked.

Ephraim nodded to no on in perticular and stepped forward to the water, dipping a single paw into the wet dirt beneath the shallows water.
"Hm.., well it's warm-uh ah!" The dreadfully soaked Sour kuhna made a single clumsy move; he had slipped on the slimy mud and plunged node-first into the water. The circulating pressure from the waterfall didn't exactly help.
As Ephraim panicked, flopping around like a chicken with it's head cut off in the water, the waterfall only proceeded to drag farther into the center of the pool.
"Help! Holy-help! Someone!" Ephraim shouted  to the group.
And the idea of himself drowning right then and there completely vanquished the idea of embarassment in him.

(Ephraim: 17}
<center>ImageImage
When the going get's tough...well, you know.

Maxwell/Lvl.1/Vast Plains
Ephraim/ Lvl. 2/ Idalani Falls
</center>
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/25/2007 6:37 PM

Cortez tried to snap at Ephraim's scruff before the male would fall, but in vain. She blinked and quickly turned around to spot the Sour Kuhna. "Hang on!" she yowled to him. "I'll get you out of there!"

She ran along the shore up until she was to a fair distance from the other Kuhna. She pushed off and dove into the water, then swam towards Ephraim. These currents were nothing to her. He gripped Ephraim's scruff tightly. "Hold on tight!" she mumbled through his fur, then swam back to the shore.

Sandford watched as Cortez swimming back to the ground, the Sour Kuhna by her jaws. He got up, walked over to the 'Pirate' Kuhna, then grabbed her by the fur of her neck.

Cortez looked up, then blinked. "Thanks, Ford," she mumbled through the black fur she was still holding with her teeth.

The Khimera set the two down, then without a word went back to his previous location.

Aniketos simply watched the scene but said nothing, mostly because... well, he had nothing to say, simply...

[Cortez: 21, Sandford: 21, Aniketos: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/25/2007 7:53 PM

"Okay, hold still.. this'll only take a few minutes." His pencil skimming over the paper, Daisuke began to draw sketches of Sandford. His brow was furrowed with concentration, and he took his eyes off the paper only to glance at the Khimera for reassurance that he was drawing everything correctly.

"Oh!" When the Sour Kuhna nearly drowned, Anastasia had one of her little "panic attacks", and froze, conflicted feelings causing her to remain motionless. Fortunately, the little piratey Kuhna had managed to rescue him, and she felt her heartbeat go back to normal as she unfroze.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, swimming over to the two Kuhnas, feeling as if she was somehow personally responsible for what had happened. "I froze up.. I.. I wanted to help, but I just couldn't. I'm sorry," she finished, hanging her head, whiskers drooping forlornly.

[A: 4, D: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/25/2007 9:01 PM

Cortez shook her head, sending some shiny droplets of water away from her pelt. "Hey, 'sok," he told Anastasia. "You never know how you may react to such a situation, after all. I used to freeze up, too. But I got used to it, because I had to... Sometimes, you can't save everyone." She then turned to Ephraim, whom she had let go of. "Are you okay?"

Aniketos walked over to Sandford and settled down beside him. "What a nice action that was from you," he meowed to the Khimera.

Sandford simply let out a "Hmph" before turning his back to the Kanua again. Was it hard for this feline to understand all he wanted was to be left alone?

[Cortez: 22, Sandford: 22, Aniketos: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/26/2007 6:15 PM

The Slikey nodded, grateful that she hadn't been blamed at all. It was so strange, what she had felt when that Sour Kuhna fell in the water. Almost the instant he hit the water, there had been the strangest urge in her to kill him, or let him drown. But then there was also the wish to save him. Troubled by these dark thoughts, she plunged her head under the surface of the water, hoping to clear her mind.

"Okay, now for the color!" His final sketch of Sandford propped up, the Arkuhna grabbed his paintbrush and began painting the background of the Falls. Brow furrowed in concentration, he whisked the brush across the canvas, pausing to dab it in a different color or in water, every once in a while.

[A: 5, D: 5 -- level up for both]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 09/30/2007 1:47 PM

[center]The Sour Kuhna hit the dirt lightly, unconcious for no longer then twenty seconds and the moment he had opened his eyes he burst out laughing. His green eyes nearly tearing with the expression...

After several moments, Ephraim caught his breath and smiled.
"Wow, um, thanks. But I believe that's enough swimming for me right now. On the other hand-"
He opened his paw to reveal a small silver fish, no bigger then twig.
"I promised you I'd catch something, and here you go."
He set the guppy down at Cortez's feet, and tilted his head to the side, letting about a cup of water pour from his ears. He shook his head and twitched his nose, as a chill shot up his back.
"Ah don't worry Ford, I'm all right. No need to worry about me," Ephraim shouted out to the Khimera, teasingly, while rising to his feet.

Ephraim eyed the fish. "Wow, what a feast"

"Disgusting filth, disguised with so whimsical a name as 'forest'. Well whoever came up with the name is seriously getting a letter from me, if I knew how to write that it..." Raj muttered bitterly to himself, his British-like accent quite strong. The unpleasant Kuhna had been asked to fetch Ephraim by the elders back home, to his dismay. He would have loved to decline their request but no younglings should dare disrespect the elders if they were smart. This was one thing Raj was, smart.
As he waclked onward, keeping an eye out for his friend, a constant buzzing in his ears continued to make his fur stand on end, and his eyes squint with pain.
"Ugh, why did that idiot have to run off to the 'Falls', this place it known for it's mosquitos, all that water and, ugh," he whined to no one in peticular.
His precious normally soft paws were now caked with mud, and the light blue scark he usually wore around his neck had been caught on a branch, so he'd have to go back for it later. He was in a hurry after all. He had to get back home and finish that nap...

As the Cake Kuhna hurried onward, he was filled with a sudden rush of relief when the soundof the famous waterfalls passed his ears.
"He should be close now...Ephraim! Ephraim, hello?! Ephraim darn't!"

(Ephraim: 18/Raj: 01)
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/30/2007 4:15 PM

"Finished!" Daisuke cried proudly, holding up his painting of Sandford. He showed it to the Khimera, and waited for approval, all the while chatting about it. "I think the colors of the background turned out pretty well, though the waterfall didn't seem like the right background for you. Maybe a dark forest or cave would work better?"

Someone was calling Ephraim's name... Curious, Anastasia poked her head up out of the water again, water dripping down her sleek black muzzle. "Who are you?" she asked, swimming over to the bank so that she could get a closer look at this new arrival.

[Anastasia: 6, Daisuke: 6]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/07/2007 6:52 PM

(Err.. should we try and end this roleplay, guys? I think it kind of died. Dx)

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/09/2007 6:30 PM

Sandford raised his head to Daisuke and bared his teeth ever so slightly. "Want me to be truthful? I don't care," he growled, getting up. "I'm tired of all of this," he complained, walking over to Cortez. "We're leaving."

Cortez turned to him, holding Ephraim's fish in her mouth by now. She blinked. "But whyyyy?" she meowed in dismay.

"Because!" the Khimera snapped. Turning to Aniketos, he added, "And you're coming along too, Kanua!"

Ketos was looking at the Arkuhna's painting. "Oh, it's really beautiful," he meowed, observing it from many angles. "You were able to express his short-temper quite nicely," he said, smiling sweetly.

Sandford growled and flattened his ears against the back of his head. He walked over to Aniketos and gripped his scruff. "You! We're going back home!" He turned to Cortez. "And you're following," he snapped before walking off.

Cortez groaned. "Hmph... well, I gotta go. Bye, Phraim, bye Stasia, bye Suke!" she meowed to all, running off after the Khimera.

[Sandford: 23, Cortez: 23, Aniketos: 6 -- All have left]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/09/2007 6:51 PM

"Aww, I wanted to paint you next, Cortez," Daisuke said, setting down his painting so he could wave goodbye. "Oh well, hopefully we'll meet again sometime! Goodbye!"

"Bye," Anastasia said lightly, then turned her attention to Daisuke. "Do you think we should leave, too?" she asked.

"Naw, I wanna do a painting of just the falls, and then we can leave," the Arkuhna replied, already setting up for another painting.

[Anastasi: 7, Daisuke: 7]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Abacado » 10/09/2007 7:07 PM

Ephraim only nodded to Cortez and smiled to himself as she wandered off. He had stayed here a lot longer then she should have, but it was worth it. He was the last one to leave, but was not sorry for it.
The Sour Kuhna sighed, got to his feet and found himself for a second wondering if he would see any of those mysterious creatures again. For some reason he doubted it. This bugged him.
But these thoughts were dismissed for now as he padded off towards the sound of Raj's voice...

Ephraim and Raj have left this roleplay

(Ephraim: 19/ Raj:02)
Abacado
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/09/2007 7:29 PM

"Bye Ephraim," the Slikey said shyly, then submerged, gliding around the lake one last time. She knew it wouldn't take her companion very long to finish his painting.

"Hang on another second, Ana," Daisuke called, his paintbrush skimming over the canvas. "I've almost got this." Looking up, he saw the Sour Kuhna leaving, and waved distractedly.

[Anastasia: 8, Daisuke: 8]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/09/2007 7:33 PM

"Done yet?" she asked, poking her head back up. "I'm ready to go home." She flopped onto the bank, dripping wet.

"Not quite, I told you another second or so. I gotta get the lighting right," the Arkuhna said. He was starting to stress out, which wasn't good, since he knew that they should be going soon. His paw shook just slightly, and the paint smudged. "Shoot!" he hissed, hurriedly grabbing a rag and dabbing at it.

[Anastasia: 9, Daisuke: 9]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext