Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Ruining the Moment

Postby Mojave » 09/21/2007 1:37 PM

Image Image
Tarot & Mixuy

The sun was setting in a blast of radiant blues, golds, pinks and purples. All across Idalani, lovers were snuggling together. Getting into their romantic groove. Red splashed white pelt, glasses upon the bridge of his nose, ears laid flat against his skull, Tarot snarled toward the unoffending couples. "Mixuy, I tell you this is going to be interesting. Just imagine the looks on their faces."

The avion, who had just been coming in for a landing, ruffled his feathers. "How do you do that? I wasn't even on the ground yet!" The small matches, a diseased looking hollow breed, looked shocked and annoyed. "Oh by the way, Nicus isn't coming. She said she'd had enough of me in Roraldi. I told you she wouldn't come with me here, Tarot. What are you looking at?" The matches blabbered on, coming up next to the imperial sahound.

"Fine. Let her sit at home and rot." He grumbled. "I just thought it'd be a good idea for some fun before war training."

Mixuy looked at him quizzically, "You're fighting too? For the Purines?"

"Yes. I know I'm painted Imperial, but that doesn't mean I'll blindly support such warmongers and brainwashed idiots. So you sure you up to this? You're not going to lose your feathers?" Tarot turned from his view to grin at Mixuy.

"No. I'm not going to lose my feathers. But what exactly are we going to do?"

"Well, let's go down there and find out." the sahound laughed as he took off down the hill.

Shrugging, Mixuy took flight after him. His pale white vapors trailing behind him.

T: 1
M: 1
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/21/2007 2:01 PM

They reached the bottom at the same time. Mixuy weaving between trees an such, keeping Tarot in his line of vision. Tarot leaping from one outcropping of rock to another. In the resulting dust, they regrouped behind some bushes next to a couple of lucain.

Well what a stroke of luck.
"What?! Tarot your mouth didn't move!" The matches squawked in shock and fluttered away from the hound.
I know, idiot. I'm speaking telepathically. Now shut up.

Mixuy glared at Tarot, but settled down. "What are we going to do?"
You see this pair of lucain? We're gonna... he looked around and noticed a boulder up on the cliff face. Splash them. He scrambled back up to it.
Mixuy watched, dumbstruck. "You're not serious? We'll get wet too."

M: 2
T: 2
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/22/2007 4:08 PM

Tarot chuckled coldly. You'll live.

Without any further ado, he leapt at the rock. His weight crashed into it, and sent the boulder crashing down into the pond nearby. The happless lucain pair, yelped in surprise as they were drenched. They had been completely unaware of anything around them.

Indignant, the male stood up and began to search the area for the intruder. His tail was raised high, hackles raised. Shocked, but impressed with the male's antics, the female sat back to watch, unfazed by the drenching.

Tarot and Mixuy however, were beating a quick retreat back up the hill. Under the cover of the foliage, they were laughing madly. Once in the clear, Tarot collapsed onto his side and rolled around in a giggle fit. Mixuy on the other hand, landed clutching his side, still chuckling.

T: 3
M: 3
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/22/2007 6:58 PM

There was another pair of lucain there that night that wasn't as love striken as most, for they had just met eachother that very night. It still seemed as though they already had such a close bond. Xyren glanced back at Tasera, a grin playing on his maw. This lucain had rather odd colors, for in their shadows they were lighter then his fur truely was. His purple ancient markings also seemed to give off a rather odd, pulsing glow. Of course... a son of Nazuna couldn't just be normal.
(32)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/22/2007 7:48 PM

Tasera walked beside Xryen, her eyes smiling for her.  She hadn't known that she could even experience the euphoria one could have when they were in love with someone else.  Her ancient markings possessed no pulsating glow, but they were still unique to her.  She smiled at Xryen, her tails wagging playfully behind her.

{32}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/23/2007 1:53 AM

Finally, Mixuy caught his breath and hopped up onto some rocks. Getting into the mood, he sarted to scan the area. "Hey Tarot, there's some more lovers. They look like they'd be more of a challenge." Tarot, who had been basking in the after effects of ruining some love birds' night, rolled onto his feet. Coming to Mixuy's side, he peered out at the two newcomers. Hmm... they do seem to be a challenge. They're not drooling over themselves like the last pair. You up for it? Tarot turned a toothy grin to Mixuy, who shrank back from his partner's evil grin. "Sure?" Tarot turned to head back down a more covered path, hoping to get close without being heard or smelled. These over grown science experiments have unnaturally strong senses of smell. Tarot warned Mixuy over his shoulder. And stay quiet. Mixuy nodded as he glided along behind the sahound.

T: 4
M: 4
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/23/2007 10:44 AM

"There are so many others around here..." the lucain muttered, looking about at the many lovers filling the area. This was nothing like the little hidden away spot that they had been at before. It was almost suffocating, being around this many creatures. Xyren looked back at Tasera and spoke, "Shall we look about for an area where there aren't so many people?" His tails flicked back and forth behind him as he tried to least least pay some attention to their surroundings.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/23/2007 3:58 PM

Tasera nodded.  "I never realized this was such a popular spot at night..." She said, chuckling slightly.  She knew that she ought to advise her trainer of a decent curfew hour for being away from the Arena, or else all of her Kuhnas would run out here; probably...  "You lead the way." She said, smiling.

{33}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/23/2007 4:30 PM

Tarot and Mixuy stopped a just out of range of hearing and smell. A single warning look was thrown at Mixuy, and the matches landed next to the sahound. Let's wait until they get settled somewhere. I don't feel like testing their reflexes right now. Mixuy nodded before he took flight behind the Lucain. He passed them, and came to rest on a branch where he began to preen himself nonchalantly. As the lucain pair passed, he paused to glance at them, but otherwise ignored them. I hope Tarot understands what I'm doing. Mixuy thought. Of course I do. Just keep it up. Came the terse reply. Tarot remained hidden, waiting.

T: 5
M: 5
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/23/2007 4:35 PM

Glancing up at Mixyu, Xyren passed the tree without much of a bother. He did find it rather odd for a creature to be alone at such a place. The only reason it didn't raise alarm was the fact that he himself had come to Idalani alone, and had just happened to meet Tas there. After a short walk they came to a less crowded area, one that was farther away from the waterfall, and deeper into the forest. It was a rather lovely sight though, as there was much floral about and tiny fireflies filled the air. The ancient male took a seat in a nice clearing and looked over at Tasera with a small smile.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/23/2007 4:53 PM

Tasera had not failed to notice the Hollow Matches sitting above them, and she tilted her head slightly.  Her own smile broadened as she sat down next to Xryen.  "I never realized that this place was so beautiful..." She said, looking at the flowers and fireflies that were zipping from to and fro.  She put her head on his shoulder, sighing happily.

{34}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/23/2007 5:21 PM

Ruffling his feathers, Mixuy took flight again. He disappeared into the trees, hoping the lucain would think him leaving.

"Well, they're alone now. But I didn't see anything useful in the area." Mixuy whispered to Tarot. The sahound nodded, but said nothing. Instead he began to pace. Hm splashing that other couple was fine. They couldn't get to us. But this time, we're going to have to think. We don't need to get ourselves injured to where we can't participate in this war. So describe the scenery to me, Mixuy.
"They're just deeper in the trees."
Tarot smiled, and turned to Mixuy, Are the trees oaks and the like? Or better yet, sweet gum?
"It's really a mix." The matches replied, slowly getting where this was headed.
You know what to do.

He then disappeared into the underbrush. He circled closer to the two lucain, making sure he was upwind of them. Mixuy fluttered into the canopy above the two lucain, being sure that the foliage kept him hidden. The rustlings of the leaves could have been mistaken for a rodent or even the wind. Plucking a rather large acorn from it's branch, Mixuy took aim and threw it at the female, aiming for the back of her head.

T: 6
M: 6
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/23/2007 5:30 PM

Xyren had shifted a bit so that he could nuzzle her, and thus the acorn slammed into the bridge of his maw, barely centimeters from his maw. Sliding to his feet the large male let out a deep growl, the ancient markings covering his velvety black pelt begining to glow a bit darker. His eyes darted about and his ears gave a small twitch. Just wait until he found the one that dear throw something at them.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/24/2007 5:44 PM

Tasera's eyes darted around, having seen the acorn.  A growl came from within her chest, but she remained sitting, watching Xryen.  She was offended that someone should try to interfere with their special time together, and she wanted to know who was trying to was there.

{35}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/24/2007 8:13 PM

Mixuy kept from giggling as he went to a different angle. Thankfully, a small breeze had started, so his movements were more concealed than his last attempt at secrecy. From a new angle, he dropped an acorn on the ground behind the male.

Grinning, Tarot positioned himself close to the two lucain. In the breeze, the moonlight fell upon his eyes, illuminating them from the depths of the shadows. He blinked, and scurried off, hoping that one of them had seen. And that they wouldn't follow, thinking him just a passing creature.

T: 7
M: 7
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next