Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

EGG HUNT{group 1}(P!)

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/12/2009 3:42 PM

Malizian paced relentlessly at the edge of the large pool. The early morning sun sent small sparkles on the water; Malizian kept his head down to keep them from catching his eye.

"Where are they?" he mused aloud, his tone worried.

His back was stiff from scrunching over and from sleeping outside last night. He had been out all night trying to remember where exactly he had hid the eggs. The only thing he could remember was that there were some here- he was sure of it. He had invited half of his volunteers to come here, while the other half would be waiting until he could scamper off to the other hunt. He was trying to get Snowy to host the other hunt, but he wasn't sure if she'd come.

He was getting worried.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: EGG HUNT{group 1}(P!)

Postby Moofius » 04/12/2009 6:00 PM

A rustling of leaves could be heard not to far off. The sound came closer and closer until the small, tinkling sound of a bell could be hear. Closer still and out from between tall trees was.... a bush? Oh, it was one of those strange evergreen creatures, from the last Christmas.
Upon spotting the rollaby the evergreen became excited, waving his (or her?0 arms. Running on it's stick like legs it did not slow down once he had approached the rollaby.

Poor rollaby, it probably was not expecting to be grabbed so suddenly and swung around. The evergreen smelt of pine and cinnamon, the smell fairly pungent when you were so close. Thankfully the creature backed off, grabbing the rollaby by his fore paws and dancing around in a circle. His movements were exaggerated and funny, laughably so.
He did not say anything though, but handed the rollaby a card.

Hello my name is Mummer, I am here for the Easter Egg hunt on Moofius' behalf. Thank you for the opportunity.

~Mummer

The card was snatched away in a blur of bright green pine needles. Though the face of the creature was hidden there was the distinct air of a smile about him. He needed his notes for things such as this. Planned things, bah, not to his liking but he could deal.

Looking around the creature dipped his head and rubbed his "chin" thoughtfully before looking around himself and giving a shrug.
Where was everybody else?

(( Will there be a posting order? ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/12/2009 7:42 PM

Malizian nearly jumped out of his skin when Mummer grabbed him and spun him around.

"Whoa! H-hello?" he said, a bit scared by the happily dancing Evergreen. At least, he figured it was an Evergreen. He had only seen one at the house, but it hadn't stayed long. And then the small notecard was shoved in his face. "Oh! O-okay... cool. Thanks." he said, reaching into his Body Pouch and taking out a pencil and a ripped and wrinkled piece of paper. He checked off Moofius' name, then wrote in 'Evergreen' beside it. Four more people to go. He sighed and shoved the materials back into his Pouch.

"So... Mummer. You like to... dance?"

((When everyone gets here, I'll set one up. :D))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 04/12/2009 8:05 PM

(( I'll RP with you a bit so you can set up the second one, if that's okay with you. ))

Dancing a few safe steps away from the rollaby the ever green spun around, the sound of leaves and branches being lightly moved by a breeze could be heard as she spun on one "foot". He left a small indent in the soft, rich earth. It was hard to distribute his full weight on a point of wood and not cause damage to the earth.
He then bowed to the rollaby and nodded, the bell on the end of his mask bouncing and jingling spastically behind him.

He then tipped his head in a questioning manner, did a quick sort of dance, again, rather silly and pointed to the rollaby. Again he tipped his head, drawing a question mark in the air infront of him.
Translation: Do you dance?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/12/2009 8:20 PM

Image  Image

As the evergreen tipped his head, something small and brightly-colored flashed in front of him. For a moment, she hung motionless in the air, revealing herself to be a festive quicksylph. Then, giggling in a voice like a clear stream rushing over pebbles, she flew in a half-circle behind him and grasped his glittering bell with both verdant arms.

"Laurelin!" The deep, gently-chiding voice came from a tall, dark man who followed behind her. He executed a graceful bow before looking at the rollaby. "My name is Kamen, and that is Laurelin. We're here for the egg hunt, sir." Then he straightened, turning his chocolate eyes upon the evergreen. A wry smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "I apologize for my friend's behavior. She's like a starling; anything shiny calls to her, and she ignores everything else in pursuit of that object."

Kamen 2/3
Laurelin 2/3
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/13/2009 3:51 AM

There was a delighted wiggling from the evergreen before he spun around to try and catch the small excited fairy-like creature. Was this a toy or a creature? He'd never seen anything like it, perhaps he could take it home?

Oh, she was with this man? Dancing over to the man through the soft springy grass Mummer offered his hand for a shake. This was the polite sort of introduction, correct? The man seemed rather... Different. Perhaps his culture didn't have hand shakes? Perhaps it would be better if he, too, bowed?
He withdrew his hand as politely as he could, waving his hand in an overly dramatic circle. He wasn't making fun of the man, only making sure the action was clear. being without words most smaller, less obvious movements, went unnoticed it seemed.

A low bow followed the hand movement, hand held across his stomach. How strange to bow. Mummer didn't often perform actions so polite, perhaps that added to the exaggerated motions?

He stood up to his full height, which was actually rather short, he looked about the height of a 12 year old child. From within his pine needle (were they really pine needles? Hard to say, actually. He wasn't so prickly as a pine) he produced another card which he offered up to the man and, by association, his smaller fairy-like friend.

Hello my name is Mummer, it's very good to meet you. I do not speak but I shall do my best to communicate my thoughts to you in my own way.

~Mummer

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/13/2009 5:06 PM

"It is very good to meet you too, Mummer."

After only a moment's hesitation, Kamen took the smaller creature's hand in a firm handshake. He was not in his beloved desert anymore, and would have to remind himself of this land's customs often until they became habit. Reaching behind Mummer, he grasped Laurelin gently by her bright wings and carefully detached her from the bell that she clung to so tightly.

Deprived of her prize, the festive quicksylph crossed her arms and scolded him fiercely in a foreign language. Kamen waited until she paused to take a breath to remind her of why they had come. "Cheer up, little one. We've come to hunt eggs, Laurelin, remember?"

Her tiny face lit up at the thought, and she struggled in his grasp to fly off and begin the hunt immediately. He chuckled, but didn't release her. "Have patience. We must wait until the others arrive first. It will be just a few more minutes, I am sure."

Turning back to Mummer, he asked, "Are you from here, Mummer? I must confess, I've never seen anything like you. We didn't have much green at all where I come from, pet or plant alike."

Laurelin 3/3
Kamen 3/3

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/13/2009 6:37 PM

No way, this environment was much too hot. No, Mummer was definitely not from here. He'd spent most of his life half way up the mountain range somewhere north of Basantha shrine. Now, how to explain?

He fists shook his head, making it clear that he was not from around here before lifting his arms above his head to form a triangle. He stretched, trying to show that this form, this mountain, was large and tall. He rubbed his arms, shrinking in on himself, as if to keep warm. Basantha was cold, at least to most humans. All the while the bells he wore tinkled and jingled crazily behind him, long tail prone to wiggling excitedly when in the presence of others.

He drew a question mark in the air, doing it backwards so to his audience it was facing the correct way. Did the man understand?

Oh, so they were part of the egg hunt. Perhaps he could tag along with them, as nobody else seemed to be coming at all. Perhaps they were just slow. If that was the case he would much rather hunt with somebody who could move faster. One hand raised to his forehead he squinted and slowly turned, side to side, as if searching before straightening. Using the same hand he pointed to himself and the other two before drawing another question mark in the air.
Would they hunt with him?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/13/2009 7:16 PM

The Rollaby smiled at the Evergreen. "Um, not much, no. But you're very fun to dance with!" he said, wiggling his ears to show his joy.

Malizian jumped again as the man entered with a Festive Quikslyph. "I-I'm so glad you've come! Oh thank t-the gods!" Malizian said, hopping up and grabbing the man's hand even though he hand't offered it and gave it a good shake. "I was w-worried no one else would come." he said, wringing his paws. "But where is everyone else?! Oh no, they've abandoned us, haven't they? No, please tell me they didn't! Ohh..." he moaned, looking totally out of whack. Realizing that he was really out of character, he picked himself up and splashed a little bit in the pool beside the water. Many rocks sparkled and clinked against each other as Malizian's big feet disturbed him.

Something caught the sun deep below the water and blinded Malizian for a minute. Thinking it was the shimmering water, he ignored it and plodded out, still fretting over the lack of hunt members. He had informed them all, right? Right?!

((Flame has another roleplay that they need to finish up. They'll be here later. :) ))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Krystalolive » 04/13/2009 8:47 PM

As soon as the Rollaby started fretting and playing in the water, there was a huge splash on the deep side of the water by the pool. It was about half a minute later, but the head finally came back up. The red Lucain head finally came back up, gasping. Garnet swam over to the surface, then glanced back up at the waterfall, then to the group, bowing her head in a panicy sort of way. "I-I sorry I'm late. I went the wrong way and ended up up there." She motioned back at the waterfall with her head. She paused to look at the group, then took a deep breath and bowed.

"Hello, I'm Garnet. I came speaking for Krystal, and to come look for those cute little eggeys!" She paused, then chuckled and turned around to the Rollaby. "I believe you're the one who put this together? Malizian was it?" She tilted her head to the side, sitting down on the side to glanced back and forword to the two groups, wondering who would say something first.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/13/2009 9:05 PM

Malizian let out a yelp as Garnet hit the water, both surprised and freaked at the same time. When she came out and formally introduced herself, he tried to be a little more excited than jittery. "Oh, good, you came. Only two more groups now, and then we can begin. Wouldn't want to leave them behind." he said, finally done stuttering. With five people, it wouldn' t be as bad if the others didn't show up. But he still wanted them to come- the more the merrier... and the more eyes, it would be easier to find eggs.

He grabbed his list-now slightly soggy-from his Body Pouch and checked off Krystal and Lady Erebos from the list. So far, so good.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Jessari » 04/14/2009 1:50 AM

So it was charades, was it? Kamen's forehead scrunched up in concentration as he watched Mummer. A triangle? No, a tent, perhaps? When the Evergreen crouched down, the images connected; a cold mountain. He nodded in answer to the invisible question mark. "So this is hot weather for you, then. It is actually a bit cold for me. I guess I would be downright miserable if I visited your home, and you mine."

The next message was more difficult. "Are you looking for the late arrivals?" he asked finally, unsure if his interpretation was the right one or not. He wondered if he should ask Mummer to write it down in another note.

Laurelin, having finally freed herself, perched on his shoulder. A stream of words left her, and Kamen's confusion cleared. "Ahh, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. Laurelin says we'll be happy to hunt eggs with you."

Then his hand was taken by the rollaby and quickly shaken. Before he could blink, the high-strung creature had leaped into the water, flicking droplets of water over them unintentionally with his splashing. He emerged, a russet-colored lucain appearing from underwater to follow him out. He smiled at the newcomer as Laurelin waved a hand excitedly.

Kamen 4/3
Laurelin 4/3

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/14/2009 2:29 AM

Mummer clapped his large hands, the sound muffled; not at all sounding like a clap, really. His hands were to big and, er, fuzzy? Yes, very strange. But the action seemed clear enough. He'd gotten it both right. And the invitation had been accepted.

The man was dark, perhaps he was from that sandy place he'd heard of, the Wilt'no. Yes, that would be so difficult for him, that heat. Even this was difficult. Hmm, where did they have water in a place of sand? It was a strange, alien, concept to Mummer.

While he thought a new comer arrived in a rather spectacular manner. The evergreen turned towards the lucain, waving spastically, much like Laurelin.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/14/2009 4:12 PM

"Almost time," Kamen murmered, beginning to get the slightest bit excited about this, although it didn't show. Where Laurelin's mood could go from one end of the spectrum to the other in a heartbeat, he was much more mellow and laid back. There wasn't much that ruffled him or excited him.

But his companions' excitement was contagious; he glanced at Laurelin from the corner of his eye. She was standing on his shoulder now, holding onto his earlobe to keep his balance. She and Mummer were still waving at the new Lucain. Mummer, an odd name for an odd creature. But Kamen rather liked him. Besides, in this strange land, he and Laurelin probably seemed odd as well.

Kamen 5/3 Level up!
Laurelin 5/3 Level up!

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/14/2009 7:01 PM

ImageImage
"Ohmigosh, we're late!" The Winter Kitrell flapped in nervous circles. Her companion, a Peppermint Teigu, sighed.

"Don't worry about a thing, Kartossa," the Teigu said absently, digging in her satchel for her latest "favorite novel"; she had many.

"Don't shtart that again, Mintri," grumbled Kartossa, pushing her glasses back up her nose. She was quite skilled at doing this with her feet. However, she brightened immediately on seeing that there was one other party still missing. "Good, we're not lasht. Panzer alwaysh comesh through for me."

"We're...egg hunting, right, Kar?" asked Mintri. Kartossa nodded. Something suddenly seemed to occur to Mintri, and she began to laugh, muttering, "Scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs." Kartossa rolled her eyes and landed just ahead of her friend, near the waiting group but not actually among them. Mintri finally stopped giggling and caught up, sitting down and thumbing through her book.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Next