Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: EGG HUNT{group 1}(P!)

Postby Moofius » 04/14/2009 7:32 PM

(( You said that Flame would be late, right Snowy? Does that mean the hunt will start without her?))

Away from the river, in the same general direction Mummer and many others had come, came another two who were also part of the hunt.  They stayed further away from the group which, to the evergreen, didn't suit him at all. This was a group, a team, and they had to at least get to know each other, right?

Satisfied that his wave was obvious and welcoming enough for the lucain he turned towards the peppermint teigu and winter kitrell. Moofius had a few peppermint teigu back home, and one winter kitrell, though he hadn't seen that one so often. Either way, the two reminded him a bit of home.
He started with the teigu, who was about his size. Green, tree limb like arms folded behind his back. The same shifting sound of a tree swaying in a strong, but not violent, wind. From the waist up he bent forward until his masked face touched the teigu's; the movement was uncharacteristically slow for the evergreen.
No sense of personal space for a species he felt he knew? Well it was rare that he ever respected anyone's personal space; Kamen and Luarelin had been lucky in that respect.

Mummer slipped a slip of paper (perhaps a good make shift bookmark) onto the page the teigu was reading.

Hello my name is Mummer, it's very good to meet you. I do not speak but I shall do my best to communicate my thoughts to you in my own way.

~Mummer
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/14/2009 8:12 PM

Mintri blinked. "Hey, watch--oh." She read the slip of paper. "Well, uh...nice to meet you, Mummer." She racked her brain for a suitable pop-culture reference as Kartossa read the paper over her shoulder.

Suddenly Kartossa felt cold, a sure sign that one of her spirit friends had arrived. She looked up to see the kind face of Panzer, a Garagnir of some unidentifiable species. Though he appeared solid, he was utterly devoid of color. .:Kartossa, you have arrived. I cannot help you with the hunt, but I wanted to see you before--:. He was cut off by the sudden appearance of Memphis, a tricky Rollaby spirit.

.:So Kar, whatcha want me ta russle up for ya?:. he asked. The ghostly tone of his voice contrasted oddly with the short slang he used.

"Nothing. That would be cheating," Kartossa said aloud. The two spirits dematerialized and Kartossa turned to see Mintri staring at her.

"I wish you'd remember to use your telepathy," she grumbled, and went back to her reading.

{2-2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/14/2009 9:15 PM

Oh, the gods were not against him! He hopped excitedly, forgetting his paws and jumping over to the latest arrivals. "Good, good! You're here! I'm so glad- you're here for Flame? Or maybe Indigo? I wasn't filled in much on who would be coming for whom. Sorry." he smiled, truly happy- that was most of the group! He knew that someone would be rather late- they would begin without them for now, but he would stay where they were to meet until they show up.

"Alright, people! We have little time and little knowledge- so we might as well get to it. I think that two or three groups should work out fine for you guys to go searching. I hope you all know what each of the eggs look like- I didn't pay enough attention to them to remember. I'll be sure to check up on you guys, but for now I'll stay here to wait for our late arriving friends. But meanwhile, I ask that you please sort yourselves into groups and go out and hunt!" Malizian finished his speech with a flurry of the piece of paper that contained a name, poised to check off either Flame or Indigo's name.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 04/14/2009 9:51 PM

Kartossa looked at the Rollaby. "You're Malizian." It wasn't a question. "We're here for Indigo." She reached down and poked Montri with her foot. "Mintri, it'sh time to get going."

Mintri, startled, looked around a moment in confusion before marking her place and tucking her book away. "Well, how are we supposed to sort ourselves? We're not socks."

"I-I don't know." Kartossa looked down. "Usually I jusht wait until shomeone chshooshesh me."

"Okay then," Mintri stated. "We wait."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/15/2009 12:13 AM

Mummer waved to the winter kitrell, not seeming to mind that she was seemingly talking to herself. It took all kinds, besides it was the eccentrics that were the most interesting people.
With all of the introductions, of sorts, out of the way Mummer returned to his decided group of Kamen and Laurelin. Three was quite a lot for one group; but then the evergreen loved to be around a lot of people.

So of course he pointed to the group of the winter kitrell and the peppermint teigu whose names he didn't know, then "drew" a circle in the air to show Laurelin, Kamen and himself. They were a whole, a group. He pointed back to the other two who's names he didn't know, then pointed back to the group before finally drawing a question mark in the air.
Could they join them?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/15/2009 6:40 PM

Malizian checked off Indigo's name. "Alright, thank you." And then Mintri made a comment about socks. He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Mummer was doing something with his hands. Malizian watched intently, and seemed to get it. He was thinking of that anyways, but was glad Mummer pointed it out before him. Mintri was the slightest bit intimidating.

"Mummer says that how about you two join Garnet? Would that be alright with the three of you? It'd be much simpler- three and three, and then my group will be either two or three. We'll be nice and even, nice and even we will." he said, wringing his paws.

He tried not to worry, but Snowy was so mad. He had always been mischeivious and a prankster- but he felt wrong doing it, at least now he did. It didn't seem right to him, to be doing this- and he usually wasn't this nice. Was something wrong with him?

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Jessari » 04/16/2009 1:54 PM

Laurelin dropped from Kamen's shoulder, flitting to his waist and tugging insistently at a small pouch tied to his belt. With an eyebrow arched curiously, the dark man reached down and loosened the string that held it closed. Laurelin wriggled into the mouth of the pouch, until everything but her grass-colored legs had disappeared. Then they, too, were pulled in.

A few moments passed, during which Kamen felt her rummaging around. What was she doing in there? That was her pouch of 'secret' treasures, the place where all the useless glitter she had gathered had accumulated. He would have thought she'd be more interested in the egg hunt than her treasures at the moment.

Then she squirmed out, holding a small, glittery pebble. Once her wings were free, she flew over to hover in front of Malizian. Saying a few words in her odd language, she offered him the pebble. Kamen was shocked. He had never seen her give up one of her sparkles willingly. She must have noticed Malizian's nervousness, something that was unusually perceptive for her, and was trying to help him calm down. He waited to see if the nervous rollaby would accept the gift, and how he would react when he did.

Kamen 1/4
Laurelin 1/4
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/16/2009 8:05 PM

"Shoundsh fine to me," Katossa said. "Mintri?" She looked around and saw that Mintri had returned to reading. She sighed and mumbled, "We'll never find anything this way."

.:Still sure ya don't wanta cheat?:. Memphis was back. Kartossa laughed. "Of coursh I don't want to cheat, shtupid."

Another spirit appeared. Unlike Memphis and Panzer, this one still had a bit of color left to her, just enough to tint her fur. This was because she had died more recently than the others. Chisel, a Prismatic Tali, had never had the ability to speak in life, but the spirits' mental communication suited her well. .:Oughtn't you to be use mind-voicing?:. she inquired. She was still getting the hang of speech and often talked oddly.

"You're right, I--" .:You're right, I should,:. Kartossa corrected herself. Though she had always had spirit friends, her mind-voice had only recently kicked in, and she wasn't yet used to it. Chisel seated herself on the grass, invisible to the others, and Memphis curled into a ball and faded away.

{4-4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/17/2009 6:36 PM

"Oh!" Malizian exclaimed as the Festive Quiksylph flittered in front of his face, holding a shiny pebble. "My, that's pretty. Is it for me?" he asked, holding out a shaky, sweaty paw. He was glad that someone was giving him a gift- he accepted the stone with a smile and an ear waggle, and put it gently into his Body Pouch.

"Thank you, Laurelin. That was very kind of you." he figured from her partner's expression that this wasn't something to take lightly. He turned to the groups.

"Alright, well, I think I've hidden an Egg 1, 3, and 4 here- but I'm not sure. If you find anything else other than that, don't be afraid to grab it too. Just in case someone else decided that it'd be fun to do the same thing, I put bright yellow sun stickers on each. I don't have that many hidden here- not that many at the most. I hope you all feel good about this, because I'm not sure how I feel, though I'm more confident about it now. Alright, off you go! I'll stay here and wait for you all here until Flame's pets come." Malizian said, finishing off with a wave to each.

((Alright, now to start up a posting order- Since Moofius and Lady Erebos are together, it will be Moof, then Erebos, and then Indigo- would you rather your pets went off by themselves? Not sure what I'm getting through Mintri. And if so, Krystal, feel free to have Garnet stay with Malizian or head off on her own either way. So the order is this: Moofius, Lady Erebos, IndigoBook, and KrystalOlive. When Flame comes, they'll go after Krystal. I'll post in at random intervals, playing the eggs.))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 04/18/2009 1:41 AM

Mummer returned to Kamen's side, ringing the bell on the end of his tail excitedly before pointing towards the river and drawing a question mark in the air.
Could they search by the river?

It was a good land mark, perhaps Malizian had thought it would have been a good idea to start there, and hide an egg near the edge of the stream? Besides, it seemed Laurelin liked shiny things. If they didn't find an egg they were bound to find something shiny, which would mean Laurelin would leave pleased, with or without an egg. It would be a bonus if Mummer found the fairy creature a shiny thing for her; as a gift.

(( Sorry it's so short. XD;; ))

-Post Recorded Up To This Point-

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/18/2009 3:48 PM

Kamen smiled widely, partly with amusement and partly with excitement. It seemed that their new friend Mummer had just as much energy as Kamen's tiny counterpart. "The river does seem a likely place for hidden treasures. Give me just a moment before we begin."

Turning his back to the Evergreen, Kamen sat on the ground. He pulled his knees up to his chest, bending forward and placing his palms on the ground. A small shiver seemed to move through him, then his proportions began to...change. His legs shrank inward, allowing his spine to straighten as he bent over them. His fingers shrank inward, became thicker and fewer in number. The dark face that had seemed so human lengthened, and pointed ears emerged from beneath his hair. A long, rope-like tail seemed to simply appear from thin air. Lastly, a ripple of short brown fur raced over him, coating his entire body.

The Imeut turned about on four paws. His transformation had shrunk him, until he was just a few inches taller than Mummer. "I can smell things much better in this form," he said, a doggy-grin upon his muzzle. "Shall we begin?"

Laurelin skimmed the top of the water, her tiny hands grasping at the sunlight that glittered like jewels upon the moving ripples. At every failed attempt to grab the wealth she imagined there, she muttered to herself, but was quickly distracted by the next gaudy flash.

Kamen settled for searching the underbrush near the water's edge. Although the smell of such plentiful water pleased his nose, he hadn't the first idea of how to swim, and water deep enough to cover more than his ankles terrified him.

Kamen 2/4
Laurelin 2/4

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/19/2009 7:49 PM

Kartossa snatched Mintri's book away. "That'sh not what we're here for!" she snapped.

Mintri sighed and got up. "What's your all-knowing spirit friend say about eggs?" Kartossa blinked in surprise. "Don't look at me like that. I didn't steal--I mean, I can always tell when they're here." Jeesh, it took a lot of work to talk normally. How did other people do it?

.:Chisel?:. Kartossa asked, turning to the spirit.

Chisel sniffed the auras of the surrounding objects. .:There may be one over there,:. she stated, pointing to a short tree with a hole in the side.

"In the hole?" Kartossa asked aloud.

.:No,:. Chisel replied. .:Nothing is ever that easy. It's somewhere in the branches.:.

"Oh, great," muttered Kartossa, and she began digging through the branches. Mintri saw this and decided to try and help. Just this once.

{5-5}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 04/19/2009 10:36 PM

Garnet looked over at the others as they grouped up. She was about to walk over to Mintri and Kartossa, but they seemed like they were buzy thinking of something, and heading off on their own way. So she sighed and looked for her own place to search. Stream was taken, tree was taken, what was left? She glanced around, then smiled. The waterfall!

She walked over, her eyes searched every small hole, every little place where an egg could be. She paused when she was near the raging, pouring water, staring at the top for a few seconds. Did she see anything up there? No. Everything was normal up there. She smiled, one place marked of the list.

As she walked by the water, she saw something strange behind the water. She walked around the falls, seeing a small cave craved into the rock. A cave just the size for someone to be able to walk around in it and hide an egg. Garnet smiled, then walked over, wondering if she'd be that lucky.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/20/2009 1:09 AM

The last thing he expected was for Kamen to turn into a... What were they... Well, into anything. He seemed so comfortable in his human form. But it made sense to take this form for a search. Mummer waded out into the river. Kamen could take the shallows, Laurelin the... surface...?

What was she doing? The evergreen crouched in the deeper water, seemingly transfixed and not in the least bothered by the strong current. In fact he was quite enjoying it's cooling affect; plus the water. He was, after all, at least partly plant based. He did enjoy the water very much.
But the funny sort of fairy was... Ah, trying to catch the shinnies, the shimmering water. he knew it was useless but obviously she did not. He rang his bells quickly, looking amused.
Maybe he could find her something shiny under water?

Mummer turned and walked further, deeper, into the river. He moved his arms through the water in an attempt to make the water appear less turbulent to look down into it's depths. Something shiny... And eggs, yah eggs too.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/20/2009 3:47 PM

After several minutes of unproductive grasping, Laurelin returned to sit upon the silver anhk swinging from Kamen's tail. Her legs hung dripping over the edge, and her downcast face was cupped in her tiny hands as she stared at nothing.

"Don't be too upset, little one. We may find something yet." Kamen wasn't too worried about her. The way she had been going today, it would be just a few more minutes before she was on top of the world again. In fact...

Kamen purposely turned so his tail, and the dejected festive quicksylph, hung suspended over a patch of small, multi-colored flowers. For a moment, there was no response. Then he heard her squeal and felt her minute weight lift from his tail. A glance showed her prancing delicately among the flowers, sniffing them and stroking their petals.

"Any luck, my friend?" He called to Mummer as he continued to sniff at suspiciously-tall patches of grass. Mummer, it seemed, was braver than he was, braving such deep water for the hunt.

Kamen 3/4
Laurelin 3/4

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext