Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Re: EGG HUNT{group 1}(P!)

Postby Indigo » 04/22/2009 10:28 PM

And...there was nothing here. Of course not. There never was.

Kartossa spiraled up from the shrub, circling, and landed in a particularly tall patch of grass. She had seen something shiny down there. But once she had landed, she couldn't seem to find anything. Maybe she was in the wrong spot? She uprooted clumps of grass, desperately searching, but she had missed her target. .:What was that Tali swear word you mentioned?:. she asked Chisel absently.

.:I believe you mean W'kruf,:. Chisel replied.

.:Right.:. "W'kruf!" she hissed under her breath. Meanwhile, Mintri had found the place Kartossa had missed and was now gesturing frantically, shouting movie quotes in an effort to convey her meaning. Kartossa drifted over, followed easily by Chisel.

{6-6}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/23/2009 7:50 PM

Wiggle wiggle. Wiggle wiggle.

The egg bounced and bobbed in the current, drifting along the slow-flowing riverbed in a lazy type fashion. It had no qualms with water, it was surprisingly enjoyable. Though it didn't know much about it, as it was still being protected by it's shell. Content with the gentle rolling, he was happy to the current carry him. But then it hit something hard, and was jostled. What was this? Someone's leg? Who stood in the middle of a river?

((Since this is moving a bit slow, I'm just gonna drop the whole posting order deal. As long as you keep active, you should be able to find an egg. :) ))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Krystalolive » 04/25/2009 10:02 PM

Garnet looked around, then sighed. There didn't seem to be anything in the cave. She turned around, then looked over to the others to see how they were doing. The group she was supposed to be with hadn't had any luck yet, and the others... She paused for a second, wondering where the Imeut came from. 'Maybe it was that one man, he seems to have disappeared.' She looked at the little Evergreen, 'Mummer, I think it was.' She smiled when she saw a little egg floating down the river. She turned back to her area, pumped and ready to search.

To her left, the path to the top of the waterfall. To her right, a few trees and some grass and bushes. She turned to her right, since she had already been up the path. She had heard stories about people hiding things in the grass and in trees. She chuckled, thinking about how the more she looked, the more it felt like a real easter egg hunt. They could be hidden anywhere!
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/25/2009 10:43 PM

The purple egg banged against Mummer once more. It seemed anxious to get around Mummer, or maybe that was just the current... either way, the egg was going to keep running into the Evergreen unless he either moved out of the way or took the egg in his hands. The creature inside wasn't in a good mood anymore. His peaceful journey was now a bumpy and sloshy one, and it was making him uncomfortable. He wiggled, making his egg bob furiously. The top just broke to the surface, and a cool breeze blew over the river, sending a chill down the creature's spine. The egg was slowly cooling in the water, and the creature felt bad. He couldn't really figure out how to make the feeling go away, either. It wiggled furiously again. It was so uncomfortable! The sticker flashed in the sunlight, the bright sticker out of place and peeling off the egg.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Jessari » 04/26/2009 11:28 PM

Laurelin continued to play in the flower patch. Flowers weren't exactly shiny, but they were brightly-colored and beautiful. Besides, they smelled wonderful! She trilled happily, eggs forgotten.

For his part, Kamen moved methodically from bush to bush, sniffing curiously at them, then parting the branches of the thicker ones with his paw. His sharp eyes missed nothing, and one by one, he narrowed down his search.

((Sorry about the shortness. I have papers to write...  :oops: ))
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/28/2009 4:46 PM

(( I didn't realize there were posts being made. Dx;; Sorry. T^T ))

The evergreen didn't have much feeling in his legs, or anywhere. He wasn't the most sensitive thing when it came to touch (probably why people got mad at him when he swung them around to hard or grabbed them too roughly). But he did notice the tapping that didn't seem to let up and he looked down. OH! An egg! He inhaled sharply, something like a gasp. That was the most he could really do, sound wise.

The cold egg was snatched up out of the water quickly as he cradled it to his chest. He knew he wasn't the warmest, though, and he worried for the egg. Eggs had to be kept warm, right? He returned to the edge of the river and to his egg hunt partner, the imeut because, well, he was bigger and could warm the egg up faster. Mummer had come more for the fun of meeting new people and to look for eggs then to actually get an egg; and giving was a good way to make friends AND the egg was cold. All signs pointed to a good idea, right? He held the egg out towards Kamen, offering it.

(( So yah, Mummer wants Kamen to have the egg. -has tons o' eggs?- X3 <333 ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/28/2009 7:13 PM

Kartossa sighed and kicked off, watching Mintri dig with increasing desperation. "Fashe it, Mintri, there'sh nothing there. We're the luckless kind." She looped through the air and back toward the river, diving into the water and staying under for a moment before her head bobbed up. Mintri was watching her with interest.

"You swim?" she asked.

"Yesh," replied Kartossa, securing her glasses with a piece of tape and diving under again. Mintri shrugged and went back to her pit.

{7-7}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/29/2009 8:12 PM

The egg wriggled excitedly- it could feel itself being lifted. And then all movement ceased.

The egg wondered what was going on outside his shell- could he have been swallowed whole? Or maybe he was in a backpack, or someone was carrying him. He still felt cold, but didn't seem to mind as much. At least he was out of the cold river. The constant movement was a bit much for him, after a while.

((Okay, since I wanna try to hand out more eggs, could Moof or Lady E roleplay the egg for 2 more posts? I would think that that would be alright- I'll have to check with Baal or Ticky, but I wouldn't think there would be much of a problem. :) And since I'm not an official RE, I kinda don't have immunity for that? X3;;))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Jessari » 05/03/2009 7:02 PM

((Many thanks, Moofius! Of all the eggs I hadn't snagged, that was the one I wanted most.  :yay:))

Kamen simply looked at Mummer for a second, pausing to make sure the Evergreen was certain he wanted to give the egg away. Then he ducked his head in an odd little bow and reached out to take the egg in his jaws. The teeth of an Imeut are known to be very sharp, but what is known by only a very few is that the canines' mouths are also extremely sensitive. When they put forth the effort, they can cradle something as fragile as a baby bird within their jaws without ruffling one tuft of down.

The egg sat light and cool upon his tongue. This, Kamen worried, was a bad sign. Not the lightness, for it was a small egg, but its temperature. Weren't eggs supposed to be kept warm? He knew little about eggs of any kind, but didn't hens sit on their children until they broke free of their pallid prison walls? He was certain that he wasn't a mother hen, and he was also just as certain that the egg, no matter how thick its shell, would not survive if he tried to sit on it in either form.

Laying it gently upon the soft grass, the Imeut took a step back, then shifted, his body flowing back into the familiar mold of his human form. He bent down, taking the egg in careful hands, then tucked it within the folds of his robe, snug against his ribs. Since he originated from the desert, his skin temperature tended to run a bit higher than normal. The egg should warm to a healthy temperature in a short time. He merely had to be careful not to bump up against anything or anyone while he held it there.

He turned to Mummer, repeating the bow he had given as a canine. He bent at the waist, arm across his chest, until his body resembled a sideways 'L'. "Laurelin and I appreciate your generousity, Mummer. Please tell me if ever I can do anything for you in return."

Laurelin, realizing something was going on above her, left her flower patch to hover in front of Kamen. A bit of yellow pollen decorated her nose. When she caught a glimpse of the egg hiding within his robe, she squealed and wriggled inside to keep it company. It wasn't shiny, as she had hoped, but it was new and interesting. Wait... Her sharp eye discovered the bright yellow sticker peeling up from the eggshell. Well, it wasn't shiny, but it was bright enough to suit her. She smoothed the yellow sticker back down, then hugged the black and purple egg. It would be nice to have a little brother, or a sister.

Kamen 5/4 Level up!
Laurelin 5/4 Level up!
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/04/2009 11:17 AM

Garnet looked over at the group, happy that they were able to find an egg. She turned back to the trees and bushes she was in, then looked around. 'If I was an egg, where would I be?' She looked up in the trees, remembering that the pet that hid them was that Rollaby. 'Can Rollaby's climb trees? He might be able to roll up.... No, that doen't make any sense. If he hid an egg around here, it'd have to be in the bushes.'
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/05/2009 4:35 PM

Thye evergreen wiggled happily when Kamen took the egg. He couldn't be happier for the egg. Perhaps he would get lucky and find an egg that was already warm. Maybe he should look in a warm spot...
He returned the bow, waving his hand up and down in a dismissive, "glad I could help, happy to help," sort of motion. He'd already grown found of Kamen and his smaller companion Laurelin. Especially Laurelin.
She was quiet and hyper, a bit like Mummer. He felt he could relate. Her obsession with shiny things was also adorable. He really did want to find her something shiny, but she seemed attached to the egg and it's sticker which made him happy. So happy in fact he couldn't hold it in, jumping and dancing around, clapping his hands, the sound muffled by his insulated hands. How did he manage to stay so active and hyper when it was so warm out?

(( Sorry. Dx;; Mummer is hard to RP by himself. XD;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/10/2009 6:56 PM

Little did Mummer and his friends know, but another egg was about to be found. The egg, nestled in a shrub that Kartossa had overlooked, was close to being crushed by Mintri's feet. It could feel both of their presences, and it wanted to shout out, "No! Don't step here! I'm a fragile egg!" but obviously it couldn't, otherwise it would.

Wiggling, it hoped to establish it's presence to the heavy Teigu and the little Kitrell.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 05/12/2009 7:27 PM

Kartossa's ears twitched as something dropped into the--well, not the water, and certainly not the air, so...let's say he dropped into existence, shall we? Kartossa's ears twitched as something dropped into existence. That works well, yes.

Anyway, the something was Memphis, who was grinning even more than usual. .:Hey, Kar! Over here!:.

"I told you, I'm not cheating," Kartossa muttered.

.:No, that ain't why I'm here.:. Memphis sounded annoyed. .:Listen, Kar, there's an--:.

"Kartossa, I found one!" Mintri's voice echoed somehow, and Kartossa immediately took to her wings.

Mintri had felt the egg wiggle against her foot, and had reached down to pick it up and see what it was. (Kartossa chose not to point out how stupid that had been, because she rarely saw Mintri this focused on anything.) She had checked it to be sure it had the telltale sticker on it, then had yelled for Kartossa. Neither of them was sure how Memphis had detected the egg, and the spirit in question had dematerialized.

"Oh, well," murmured Mintri. "The world may never know." She slid the egg into a special pocket of her satchel.

"Let'sh keep looking," Kartossa said, excited by their success. She backwinged over the river and began scanning the trees for no particular reason. Mintri shrugged and looked around, wondering if she should tell someone.

{8-8}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/16/2009 3:46 PM

The egg wiggled excitedly. It had been found! This was exciting. The bag was extremely comfortable, and he was glad to have found a new home with people who seemed nice enough.

((Alright! Another egg found. That leaves Flame to still come, Moof and Krystal to still find eggs. Don't give up! Don't give in! :D))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Moofius » 05/21/2009 2:19 AM

Satisfied that the egg now had a warm place to stay he set off to return to his search. This time he wadded straight across the river, to the side that wasn't getting much attention at all. Here the rivers banks were extensive and rocky. As he moved along the uncertain ground he looked for an egg and shiny things, stooping down often to inspect a rock or a bottle cap. He wanted to find her only the best shiny things, and the smallest. Laurelin was rather small and he didn't want Kamen burdened with too many shiny things for his companion. Even fairly small shinnies could get heavy, given there were enough of them.

When Mummer stepped onto the other shores soft grass he stood up tall, doing a quick survey of the land, hand over his eyes to block the bright sunlight. So far no new eggs and no new shinnies.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext