Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Meditating Under Waterfalls, and Fighting Bears? [Open]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/14/2007 7:14 PM

Using Human-form Aaron

Aaron's eyes were narrowed in concentration, as he practiced his fighting skills next to a branch-waterfall in Idalani. He was here because it was quiet, cool, and spacious. Not only that, it was the perfect place to meditate, if he so chose to do so. But that wasn't his style. He was a down-and-dirty fighter. Martial arts, knives, guns, whips - you name it, he knew how to use it to hurt or kill someone. And this skill was important to the Castle. There was a storm coming, the building had told him, and he must be prepared for the lightning. In other words - training.
With that thought, he tried another jump, and spun with his leg out in a mid-air kick. He landed perfectly this time, which was a distinct improvement. Now, he practiced punches.

"Hyaa! Hyaa! Hyaa! Hyaa!"

He screamed with each punch, feeling the power of his voice and his fists become one. He'd always loved to train, and now was no exception. Especially not when he was actually needed. It had been a bit odd, trying to accept being uprooted. But he fit in. He was the only one that knew the Castle's secret. And he would never tell a soul until the Castle itself was ready. But that was a thought for another day.
He danced lightly on the balls of his feet from one leg to the other, shifting his weight as easily as though he had been born to fighting. He had. Out came a switchblade from his pocket, and slashed the air. Now, he was practicing the strokes and methods of the knife fight. Close-quarters combat was his specialty. And with tensions rising, he'd had plenty of time and reason to practice. He was good. No one watching him could deny that. But he was still not good ENOUGH.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/14/2007 8:28 PM

ImageImage

Now that Sethor was no longer dragging Sarah along with him, she could choose who came with her to her next training ground. At first, she'd thought she might stay with Yojimbo in the desert than the Flarend was quickly growing accustomed to, but then she realized that there was no point, since she personally hated the sand and the oppressive heat. So instead, she'd come to the most pleasant of what Max called the triangle of training locations, and brought her good friend and maybe more, Raul.

"So, um, Sarah...Idalani?" asked Raul, blushing slightly. Wasn't this place for lovers? Was Sarah trying to say something? Sarah turned dark red. "That's not why I chose here!" she protested. "It was this, Wilt'no, or Lamenolai, okay?" she mumbled, walking ahead of Raul, who quickly ran to catch up with the Arkuhna.

[[Raul: 45 || Sarah: 132]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Aaron [2]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/14/2007 10:00 PM

Aaron heard someone behind him, and turned to see who it was. His eyes narrowed, and he gripped the handle of his switchblade tighter, a low growl in his throat. They couldn't see it, but he was trembling, and his heart was pounding. Fear. It was something that he had been living with for as long as he could remember.

"Stop where you are! Who are you!? What do you want!?"

He growled again, and started toward the two, limbs stiff and anger in his gaze.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/15/2007 2:12 AM

[center] Image
Human (anthro) form of Regalis Strages [center]

A smirk played clearly onto the young man's features as he walked ever calmly through the shadows. Someone like him was perfectly at home in such a place between the trees. He would laugh bitterly at the little havoc he could send through the 'waterfall of love' and all of the stupid lovers running about who'd traded away their hearts and their lives to the other, so called, significant person. What was love? Not even Regalis Strages was created out of such a thing, but instead his mother's one night stand with a gentlemanly and bloodthirsty killer. Maybe she did have feelings for that male, but what was there to say about that? Nothing at all. His mother tossed away her 'truly beloved' in that stupid act, betraying her claims of love to another man. All this male cared about was blood. Such a pretty little thing it was.
Besides, the storm has also had drawn him out; drawn him away from the only three in which he'd spend time with - this mother, his brother, and Regalis Nitidus, otherwise known as Acies, the daughter of his mother's old feiancee. She was one 'friend' who would take all the cuts he inflicted onto her body without any care. That was how he liked his friends. He wanted their blood, always and forever. Just to watch as it flowed from the body or even taste it from time to time. But Strages wasn't a killer, or so his 'friends' would say. He was just quite a bit unusual.

Well now, what was this? His ear's flicked, picking up the voice of another man. Interesting. Actually no, it wasn't. From his hiding place, his crystal blue eyes (inherited, he wished his eyes to be darker) narrowed as he eyed him. If he had to guess, just for guessing sake, he would assume this other to be a Lucain as well. Was that a blade? Oh now, maybe this was a worthwhile opportunity. Strages himself was carrying some handy little tools in many pockets. It was impossible for him not to.
He stood there in silence for awhile, before suddenly tossing his own decent, though still compact, knife into the clearing, just at the other man's feet. He didn't mean to hit, but wanted to see the reaction.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/15/2007 6:14 AM

Sarah hid behind Raul, letting out an "Eep!" as Raul wondered why the Arkuhna was hiding behind him when she was so much stronger than he was... Sarah, meanwhile, was much more concerned about the knives all over the place. That boy advancing on them had a knife, a knife came flying out of no where... whatever happened to using teeth and claws?

"We just came to train!" called Raul to the one advancing on them. Feeling brave for some reason, he added. "So leave us alone!" Sarah peeked out from behind him and watched Aaron's reaction.

[[Raul: 46 || Sarah: 133]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Aaron [3]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/15/2007 2:35 PM

The Lucain winced as the knife sliced his leg, thrown just right. Blood ran down his ankle and foot like a miniature red waterfall. He was fascinated by it. Not to mention it felt SO good... He'd forgotten how good pain could feel. The other two forgotten for the moment, he scooped up the knife, and closed it, pocketing it. His now. His keen eyes scanned the bushes for any sign of the perpetrator, but there was none to be found. Not that it was any great concern. He had other issues to deal with. Such as...
NOW he turned back to the two he'd been advancing on, ignoring the pain in his leg right now, but letting it bleed freely.

"This is MY training grounds, squirt. BACK OFF, and take that simpering FEMALE with you."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/15/2007 2:52 PM

Sarah came out from behind Raul, an angry look on her face. "I don't like your tone." she growled. "You have a problem with me being a female, wimp?" Raul blinked and hid behind Sarah. He did not want to get in the middle of this conflict. "And where do you get off calling Raul a squirt? Just intimidation, huh? Cause you can't take either of us in a fight?" Sarah was quickly digging her own grave, but she'd been training in Wilt'no, she was tough.

[[Raul: 47 || Sarah: 134]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/15/2007 4:00 PM

[center] Ah. Strage's eyes glinted in a specific way as he zeroed in the blood running down the leg of that who he had thrown his knife at. He may have been figuring certain calculations in his head. The male didn't care if he was bleeding or not, did he? Perhaps he could take advantage to this. Oh, such a sweet advantage that it could be. Oh great. He'd also need his knife back; not that he specifically cared, it was the principle of the matter. It was his.

In silence, he watched the scene lay out before him; the Lucain confronted by the two Kuhnas, more so the female then the male. He let out a noticeable huff, deciding to show himself now. Ever slightly. He shifted his position in the shadows so that he was now leaning against the base of one of the trees, open though good on the edge of the clearing. He wasn't going to stand between the two parties, that would be no fun. Watching was better, in this situation. Testing and evaluating. Nothing better to do.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Aaron [4]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/15/2007 11:13 PM

Aaron heard something in the back of his mind. His fellows calling for him. Actually it wasn't in the back of his mind - just in the ear piece he'd wrapped around to keep in touch with them. He swore silently, and glared at the two with rage in his eyes. Without another word in that vein, he took off into the underbrush, KEEPING the knife he'd picked up. Let whoever threw it come and claim it if they could. He was getting out of here before Jako had his head. The castle... He had to check with the castle. Was it time? Was he really ready? He didn't think so... but then again - war waits for no Lucain.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2007 12:05 AM

[center]Ah that jerk! He ran off with his knife! Now that was just one thing you didn't do, steal something from Strages. That was anyone's mistake. He may have threw it as a test, but that also meant that he intended to test the person, not have them run away.

The man disappeared back into the shadows of the forest, moving with nearly silent stealth. These type of things ran in his blood, as did the attraction for certain types of darkness. That sort of justified his family's habits for liking those with darkness in them, in whatever form. How stupid of them.
Before Aaron got too far, Strages tossed a full string of knives in front of him to cut off his path, about five or so. Appearing then on the other side of the knives, in front of the other Lucain. "You know, you happened to have something that doesn't belong to you." His voice was dark and had that natural dangerous tone, almost like venom in his words. Yet it was the kind of poison some odd people would consider sweet to the taste, charming, in fact, if he fit to your certain style.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Aaron [5] lvl

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/16/2007 12:16 AM

The angry boy snarled, and skidded to a stop. So much for making a cool getaway. This was going to be harder than it looked. He had two new slices along his arms from that little barrage, and was not happy about it. Sure, the pain was pleasure to him - but that didn't mean he LIKED having knives thrown at him. He growled once more, and slid into a fighting stance.

"Oh yeah? So I do. Come and take it from me, shadowboy."

He could feel his heart racing. Was SURE the other could see it and hear it as well. Terrified. Hair-triggered.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2007 12:29 AM

[center] Strages rolled his eyes, though they narrowed and gleamed. He didn't like nicknames, especially uncreative ones. His ears tweaked, pointing toward the other Lucain across from him as he picked up on his heartbeat. Moving so fast, the blood had to be pulsing through his veins at such a rapid pace. All that did was tempt him to make him slice him up some more. It was rapidly becoming irresistible for him. He didn't say anything at all as his tongue moved over his lips and his unusually sharp canine teeth hidden within his mouth. While being fairly human, he still retained some of his animal traits.

He didn't want to fight now, no, he wanted to drag a blade down the young man's arms and entrance himself in the blood. It was almost like a drug to him. He took a few steps forward, not exactly hostile. "Oh, but I don't want to fight you now..." He said in an undercurrent of a voice.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Aaron [6]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/16/2007 12:40 AM

The other Lucain scared Aaron badly. His heart started racing. Skipping beats, powerfully forcing the blood to run down his arms, down his leg. It ran in torrents, soaking the ground beneath him. And it was starting to make him a little woozy. Not dizzy yet - he hadn't lost enough for that. But his heartrate was going insane, which WAS causing him to get dizzy and vaguely disoriented.

"Stand still where I can see you! All four of you!"

He panted, raising his arm to wipe the sweat from his eyes, and managing to near-coat his face with blood. He didn't seem to care.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2007 12:47 AM

[center]
Why, why was Strages smirking? Who knows. It was kind of funny to see this Lucain acting so frightened of him when he acted so tough when speaking to the Kuhnas, the conversation he'd over heard. Now to take control. That was something that this male needed to do quickly, no matter how much of that beautiful blood was dripping off of the other. At that rate, this stranger would die and his blood would go stale. That would be such a horrible waste.

"Now, calm down." He almost ordered. "You'll die if you get too worked up." For the moment, he did stop but only to reach down to collect and pocket the five knives he'd recently thrown.

((The IRC kicked me off and wont let me back on! DX ))

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Aaron [7]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/16/2007 12:58 AM

The younger Lucain lowered his defenses slowly, and stood there panting. His heart was jerking all over the place, making him weak and dizzy. It wasn't too long before - and quite unwillingly - he pitched forward into the stranger's arms. Not out cold, but with hardly any strength left. No strength to talk, at least. But MAN did he have the strength to GROWL. He was a regular lawn-mower with the growling. His heart was starting to struggle with the lack of blood. Which caused it to pump MORE of it - harder - irregularly.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next