Often called the 'Lover's Triangle' for the trio of waterfalls feeding in to a triangular gorge, the Idalani area is a picture-perfect place to spend time with that special someone, with a beautiful exotic backdrop and countless rainbows dancing across the sky. (+2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Idalani Waterfalls

Don't Listen (OPEN)

Postby Chaos » 05/19/2009 9:22 PM

Image Lilith the Prismatic Fellox

If anyone had been near, they would have heard a most impressive string of curse words. As was, they would have thought the rainbow hair-coloured girl was crazy. Pretty, maybe, but crazy.
"Oh, 'go to Idalani Falls', they said," she grumbled. "'Maybe you'll find someone', they said. Well, good for them! I just want to be curled up at home thinking, not tramping all over these falls. Though they are rather pretty," she acknowledged in afterthought. The sky was blue, the water was clear, and the trees leaves gently whispered in the breeze. And, of course, she stuck out like a sore thumb.
Shaking herself out of her reverie, she realized that if anyone came along right now, she'd look rather odd. So she shifted back to her normal form, a rainbow-coloured Fellox. She still stuck out, however.
It was only then she realized how thirsty she was. Trotting over to the water, she tentatively took a sip. Mmm, nice and cold. She gave a sigh, then sat down, relaxing for a moment. That is, until she heard something, or someone, behind her. "Is anyone there?" she asked, adding mentally, "Or is my mind playing tricks again, the little bugger?"
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 138
Donate

Re: Don't Listen (OPEN)

Postby Leaftail » 05/20/2009 2:59 PM

Since Leaftail hadn't been home in a while, Shinden was getting somewhat worried. It was rare for her to be gone for so long, so he went out in search of her. But...he was lost. The calm, cool-headed Fellox never seemed to panic, even in the most dire situations, such as this, but he was feeling a bit agitated at the moment. Agitated that...he was lost. He didn't notice where he was till he heard the sounds of water coming from a distance to his right, and a string of words barely audible.

Curious, he lifted his head and trotted through the green brush, till the small wisps of water in the air told him he was getting close. Through the bushes, he saw something...colorful! He thought it was some giant parrot or something, till another scent hit him. He recognized it only due to the fact it matched his...not quite, but close enough. Another fellox was near. He lifted his head over the next bush and saw her.

His first thought was Colorful... and the next was crap!! because he had stepped on a stick and it cracked. He looked down at his paw and shook his head. He had to come out now. The temple fellox appeared out of the bushes, glanced at Lilith and then padded over to the water, lapping some up. He then looked back to the colorful being and opened his mouth.

"Do you happen to know where this is? I'm a tad lost..." he said, tilting his head at her.
Image Image

Name: Haipaa / Name: Iskim
Level: 10 / Level: 4

please click my clickables when you can, thank you
The Garden-The Garden Farm-Wishlist-Clickables
Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Re: Don't Listen (Leaftail)

Postby Chaos » 05/20/2009 4:05 PM

Lilith studied the new Fellox. Woah, cool designs. He had a nice coat, but the pure white eyes were kind of creepy. But still, at least he didn't stick out as radically as she did. Oh! Wait a minute! Maybe he was a Temple Fellox! Chaos had told her about those, how they had originated from some neutral god-guy and his dilapidated temple. He seemed okay, if a bit too calm and cool.
"You," she told him. "Are at Idalani Falls, where the best scenery can be found, but also the stupidest of treks. It can take a while to get here. I'm Lilith, by the way. In case you're wondering about the colourful coat, I'm prismatic. Unfortunately. What're you doing out here?"
Truth be told, she was a bit curious about him. A random Temple Fellox, popping out of nowhere was the most interesting thing that had happened to her all day. Well, apart from the usual madness at her house, if that could warrant being called 'interesting'. She had never met a Temple Evelon. The ones that lived at her house were Cursed, Common, Battlefield, Tresure, and Purine. She wondered if they were different.
He seemed okay, whatever his name was. Ah, she should probably ask him that. "What's your name?" she said, tilting her head back at him. After a moment, she leaned down to get a drink again. She was thirsty.
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/20/2009 5:08 PM

Shinden nodded after Lilith told him where he was and her name. Idalani Falls...interesting name and place. Maybe he'd come here often once he knew Leaftail was actually home and under the careful eyes of the other creatures. He glanced at Lilith. "I got lost...looking for a friend of mine, but it's fine now cause I can just turn around and retrace my steps and go home...I'm sure she is ok...she has that little hyperactive ball with her," he explained, the last part more to himself than to Lilith.

"I'm Shinden...and it's nice to meet you Lilith, plus I don't mind the colors. There are a bunch of colorful creatures back where I live," he added in. He tilted his head again. Was she...that thirsty? Well, the water did taste good and it was refreshing after along walk. So, like her, he took another sip, but a shorter one. He sat down and scratched at an itch behind his ear.

"So...how long have you been out here? If it were me, after taking a look around, I'd want to be here a couple of hours out of the week...but once again, that's just me. I like the peace and quiet..." he seemed to be smiling as he said this.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/20/2009 8:03 PM

Lilith gave a small laugh when she heard about the hyperactive little ball. "Tell me about it! I live in a madhouse, it's seriously crazy. Roomies; a carnivorous nightmare giving Nyghtmare, an anger-management Frightmare, a creepy cursed Aries, an Imperial hating Penticorn, and a lot more. Oh, and my 'owner'/friend is blind. You?"
Hmm, so he liked the peace and quiet. Well, she did too. Barely a moment from where she came from, so when you got it, take advantage of the silence. It was golden, after all. Heck, silence for her was platinum!
"I've been here for a bit. Took me a while to get here, but you know what? It was worth it. It's pretty and quiet. Golden to my eyes, ears and senses." She knew when she got back, she'd be unable to explain it, or would want to. Lilith would just tell them to go look themselves. Not Chaos, of course, because that wouldn't be very nice, her being sightless and all, but to the eviler members of her household. Shinden probably had a nice, non-crazy household, with perfect quiet obediant little Evelions in it.... pshh. No way. No one had that. Shinden probably had just as hectic a household as she did. Still, she liked to think about what life would be like without her current family.
'While I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony,' she mentioned silently. No way would she ever get rid of her family! They were... well, family. Except maybe Flamebones. He was scary. And Darkness. Who was also scary. Aside from that, great!
Shinden seemed to be smiling as he talked of the quiet. He didn't look as Temple-ish when he did this. In fact, he looked kinda cute. She shook her head. What was she thinking? Bad brain, bad mind. But still.
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/20/2009 8:54 PM

Shinden listened to Lilith and seemed to enjoy hearing about her family. 'Heh...sounds like home, aside from the evilness...' he thought. "Well, my family is somewhat big, Leaftail takes great care of us. Atlas is as lazy as can be, and I guard the place...cause it's my duty to Leaftail. She found me...after I was caught in some stupid human trap, so this is a way to pay back her and for things our race has done. Haipaa is the crazy one, stupid Fenling. He's always getting into things...but Sentoo keeps him in line. Not only that, but she also keeps our crazy Penticorn, Akarui, who is a Purine, in line as well as the play boy of the bunch, Makka. He's annoying, but more easy to deal with than Akarui...but that's just a few of my family, it extends to a motherly Tuskow and some rarely seen creatures that live in our mountains...Leaftail has weird tastes," he explained.

Wow...that was a mouthful. He rarely talked this much at home...maybe it was because he was in a place where he could relax, plus..Lilith was nice enough, even if it was her cursing he heard earlier.

He had to smile again. She liked it too! That was good to hear, at least he wasn't alone on his theory. "I'm glad to have found this place...I might start coming here when I need to, and I suggest you do too with that household of yours. I wouldn't mind the company," he said, and then actually noticed his surroundings a bit more. He liked how the green of the plants almost seemed to compliment the water they were by. He could hear the falls, but assumed they were nearby and probably majestic.

"You said the name had Falls in it right? They're nearby...have you seen them yet?" he asked.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/20/2009 9:45 PM

Leaftail... hmm, where had she heard that before? Oh yes, Chaos had mentioned there was a person around named Leaftail. Seemed nice enough, even though Chaos had never spoken to her. Or seen her, Chaos had added with a laugh. As for the sins... she was constatly puzzling over what she could do to correct the sins that all Fellox must wear their shackles for. It was a constant mystery, and she really tried to put her brain to use figuring it out. Still, Lilith had nothing. So she would often wander random places, trying to atone. "You have quite the family," she laughed, as she attempted to distract herself. "Is Leaftail nice? Well, I would assume so, because she did rescue you from the trap. Humans can be so abstractly different. Some kind and others harsh. Like us." Everyone had seperate personalities and different likes and dislikes. Lilith knew humans were no different.
"No, I haven't seen the falls, but I want to! I can hear them from here. You want to come?" she offered, already getting on her feet. Padding forwards, she looked back and grinned. "Well? C'mon, I can assure you it will be pretty cool,"
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/20/2009 11:33 PM

"Yes, she is...she treats us all with respect and care, even the Peticorn, who wants to kill her, but that's enough about my family," Shinden started. "True...but you still can't understand them completely..." he said, getting up on all fours. He started forward and caught up to her quickly, kind of excited to see the falls. Well, excited as a calm person could get. "I'm coming, I'm coming..." he said as he padded up to her.

As they trekked through the green flora, the scent of water continued to grow, not only because of the water that was running next to them, but because he could sense a bigger source of water ahead. As they grew closer, Shinden looked back to Lilith. "What's your friend like? The blind one...is he/she nice?" he asked, staring at her with his glowing eyes. He sometimes wondered why they glowed...well why all Temple Felloxs' glowed...it was strange and made them stand out, and intimidating at the same time. He kind of wished they  wouldn't glow so...but no one was perfect.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/21/2009 6:55 AM

Lilith could hear the falls getting closer. She quickened her pace excitedly, but answered Shinden. "Chaos? Well, she's... special. Ignores all the flaws about us, which can be kind of stupid sometimes. But she's not dumb. She has to use a Garudor as a seeing-eye bird, though." Lilith added in afterthought. Myles, the ClockWork Garudor, was okay, but too mechanical-y.
Woah... Shinden's eyes were kind of creepy. She only noticed just now that they glowed. How could she describe it? There was just something about them that was interesting and weird.
She coughed and hurried forwards, slipping through some underbrush, and then she saw the falls. They were truly magnificent. Lilith now decided it had been completely worth it to trek all this way just to see them. A bit of dew sprinkled her face, and she wrinkled her nose, looking kinda funny.
There were some rainbows above the falls as well, acentuating it. All in all, the overall effect was quite pleasing and pretty. She turned and smiled at Shinden. "Isn't it cool?"
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/21/2009 10:13 AM

Chaos seemed...interesting. A blind person who ignores the flaws of others even though she can't see them to actually notice most of the flaws. Shinden thought that was noble and assumed Chaos was everything Lilith mentioned. He wondered if where ever Leaftail was, if she was meeting Chaos or someone else.

"A Garudor? Well, they are known to have been used as mounts before, so I guess that's alright. She gets to feel like she's flying that's for sure," he replied. Soon, the scent of the water was immense and Shinden looked forward to see the falls. 'Wow...' he thought and noticed that Lilith had an funny look on here face. "What's wrong? Water up your nose?" he asked, grinning, well...grinning to the point that he could make.

He then looked back at the falls. "Not cool, amazing. It was definitely worth getting lost to see this and to meet you Lilith...hey look! There's a rainbow up there! It matches you, except it's a little redder...but that's okay, cause all rainbows are different if you take the time to observe and compare them," he explained and then walked up to the water. He sniffed at the pool, before taking a lap. "It's a lot colder than it was down there..." he muttered and then stuck a paw in. Since he lived by the ocean, Leaftail would sometimes take them all to swim, seeing as she hadn't gotten any water creatures yet, so it was safe, and he got to learn how to swim.

He turned his head and looked at Lilith. "Can you swim?" he asked.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/21/2009 4:10 PM

Lilith smiled. She liked -no wait, scratch that, loved swimming. It was one of the ways she amused herself when she was bored, and had no fear of being dragged down to the watery depths by some sadistic water-monster. Probably because Chaos didn't have any water creatures to ruin her love of water for her. To answer Shinden's question, she dove in. Brrr, chilly.
"Yes, can you?" she said smartly, but in a nice way. This water was cold, but then again, it was a hot day, so Lilith appreciated it. She made quite a sight, a rainbow-y creature swimming in picture-perfect water with amazing scenery all around and a matching rainbow above. She should come here more often! Maybe not in winter, though.
Shinden should come here more often too. In fact, he should come in the water! It was so refreshing after tramping around all day. She was sure he'd like it. But then again, he seemed like a pretty mellow Fellox, who was too cool to go for a swim and have fun. And he didn't quite match up with the green scenery, but what the hey? "The water's great! You wanna swim?" she kept doing the doggy paddle, around and around in circles.
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/21/2009 6:22 PM

Shinden tried to move out of the way as she dove in, but failed and soon...his fur was dripping from the water that hit him. Cold...but no worries, the ocean back at home was somewhat chilly as well. He shook his fur out and watched Lilith for a bit. "I can...taking my time..." he replied, before actually taking a small step into the cool blue. Soon he had all legs in and tails, but kept his upper body out. He didn't like rushing...plus he'd chill like she did if he just jumped in...but soon the heat was getting annoying so he took a deep breath and leaped into the depths.

He went under for a second and was soon surfacing, doggy paddling over to her. Leaftail taught him how to float, by not moving, so once he was near Lilith, he stopped paddling and floated there, using his tails as a rudder. "You're right...it's really nice in here. Plus, it feels like a resort pool because of the waterfall," he said.

Taking a quick look around, he took in his surroundings, and noticed something dark behind the waterfall. He thought it was a cave, but decided to investigate at another time. Right now, he was enjoying Lilith's company and making a friend out of her. "Do you swim often?" he asked, turning back to her. He particularly didn't go swimming everyday, since the salt water made him feel itchy and dry, but if he could find a fresh water spring around his home he'd go in almost every day, that is...if he wasn't followed by that annoying Fenling.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/21/2009 8:41 PM

Lilith sighed contentedly. "I try, Shinden, but sometimes it doesn't work. You see, generally one of the others is around, and while I don't mind some of them, the others just try to wreck it for me. Oh, and Darkness, our residing Nyghtmare, has decided to give me horrifying dreams about water. I offended him somehow, no clue how. You?"
She looked over at him. Hmm, floating. Didn't seem as tiring as doggy-paddling everywhere, but she had never really gotten the hang of it. Lilith looked again; he seemed to be using his tail as a rudder. She tried to copy his movements, flicking her tail side to side. Hey, it was working. She did the occasional push with her paws to keep her up, but otherwise, quite relaxing.
'Hmm,' she thought as an evil grin spread across her normally placid face. What would happen if she splashed Shinden? Would he be mad? Who knows, but she was going to do it anyways. Quickly, she formulated her plan; hit and run. Well, technically splash and swim.
She wiped the evil grin off her muzzle. Last time, that had given her away. It had been even more embarrasing, because Chaos was the one who had accused her, and she was friggin' blind, for goodness' sakes! Silently, she drew her tail back, and then swung it through and out of the water with force, so a mini-tidal wave went Shinden's way. A peal of laughter escaped her, and she quickly tried to doggy-paddle away. Let's hope he didn't get offended and go away; she liked Shinden; he was cool.
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/21/2009 9:07 PM

"Well...it's a pain to keep going down to the ocean...it's kind of fair from home, and once you're done swimming you get all salty and dry, it's not fun to wash up after that," he explained. The Nyghtmare huh? "Hm, maybe you should ignore Darkness or say something smart back. He's just picking on you to make himself feel better, and ruining a good personality such as yourself to seem all powerful. He is probably very prideful, and doesn't know how to deal with others. It's a personality defect...it happens, but don't let his words bother you, they are only words are they not?"

He noticed she started his little tail rudder move and was somewhat pleased to know it was working for her as well. When he first tried it out it took him almost a week to perfect, but from the looks of it, she was a quick learner, which was a plus in his book.

Wait...what was with that look? It was an instant look, but it made him think something was up. The next moment, he was being attacked by a mini-tidal wave and soaking wet...well not like he already was, and she was swimming away. He blinked and then went into action. He dove under the water, kicking his back legs out and pulling his front ones ahead of him, doing a simple breast stroke to get some speed going, before he surfaced up behind her. "That's cheating Lilith!" he called, swimming up next to her and sending a spray of water with one of his own tails.

He may be level-headed but he was one for fun now and then as well.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaos » 05/21/2009 9:32 PM

"Aah!" Lilith mock-yelled as Shinden appeared out of nowhere and splashed her. Was he like, a teleporter or something? "Who said there were rules?" she replied cheekily, whipping her tail in his face to cloud his vision for a moment, then diving and resurfacing somewhere else. It would probably be fair to warn him she kicked major butt at water games, but she didn't feel the need to enlighten him with the knowledge. She was also pretty good at running and walking around broodily, but those weren't neccesary skills right now.
She felt her face contort in to it's evil smirk once again as she got an idea. Diving under once again, she rapidly swam to where Shinden was. Then, when she thought he was looking the other way, she jumped up and yelled, "Sneak attack!" She pushed him under for a moment, then got off and chuckled evilly. "I have the skills -of the ninja!" she proclaimed in an ominous voice, adding a mental evil laugh in her head. Then, in her regular voice, she said, "See, Shinden? You're not the only one who can teleport out of nowhere!"
Chaos
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next