Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Beware the Talking Shadows! (Me and Zap; Private Akail Hunt)

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/09/2009 11:56 PM

.:Reddie:.

He quivered with fear while walking down the robbed stores. Robbing...stealing...horrible treachery! The red, white and blue Lucain winced as he thought about it. He glanced up and to his surprise saw a store that was in business. The boutique sat there vulnerable and pretty...gorgeously painted pictures were coated all over. It faded until it became a run down shop with the rest of them only a trace of the sky blue and grass-y green paint they had used. He grimaced again, seeing the boarded up window, and walking as fast as he could away from the shop of his memories. Yes, he had once lived here. This beautiful city had once been his home. Back when his parents were together and happy. And his brother was still alive..."Why the heck am I even here?" He moaned angrily. It was just painful...What would he do when he got to his old house? Curl up in a fetal position and just lay there? He felt some grass on his paws as he walked away from the miserable city, not wanting to get sucked into the terrible place.

A small town beyond the bend was waiting for him, just waiting to devour his soul and make him feel even worse! Horrid karma! He thought, his paws shaking. Glancing behind his shoulder he gazed back at the small town hopefully for the last time. It didn't take him long to reach the friendly little village just outside of  Craiss. He felt his head pulsate while the items in the windows glittered at him, sucking him in. Something glowing caught his eyes. It really wasn't glowing to anyone else but he felt the lust to get it. A bag of swirl-y colored marbles flashed and glittered like a peacock might do to attract a female. He slunk into the shop, his face held in a trance. There was no one in the shop, how convenient for him. He snatched all four bags in stock, sliding them into his rucksack, his heart pounding. "Arrg!" He feel on the floor writhing with pain, unable to remember if anything had happened. "Burglar!" Someone shouted, someone old by the sound of it. "No...not again!" He mumbled and took off, not knowing what the grandmotherly woman wanted. "Thief! Burglar! Catch him!" She cried, throwing carrots at him. He drooled slightly and grabbed one of the carrots, him being an uber vegetarian he just couldn't resist.

He bolted out the door, chomping on his carrot with great worry. They wouldn't catch him...he knew that. But what did he steal? He winced again, feeling his heart ache. Straining his legs to go faster he flew into a dark alley and scaled up the walls like a spider would. He sat down on the roof of a building and sighed, biting down on his healthy snack.  

.:1:.

((Hehehe, whoops...this is sorta long xD))
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Re: Beware the Talking Shadows! (Me and Zap; Private Akail Hunt)

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/10/2009 12:11 PM

.:Forest Fire:.

"What happened to this town...?" Forest Fire said half to himself as he padded down the abandoned streets. "And a viliage outside of Craiss Caverns; Who knew?" No too far ahead of him, a young red, white, and blue Lucain looked to be running for his life. Their pelts brushed as he darted into an ally that was to the right. Whipping his head around to see where he'd gone, he said, "Hello? Are you OK in there?" When there was no response, he looked up to see two red-and-blue tails hanging over the edge of the building. "Now, how'd you get up there?" Forest Fire called.

(Sorry for the confusing post and late reply. :oops: )

(1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/10/2009 2:04 PM

Reddie nibbled on his carrot for a moment, confused about what was really happening to him. What did he steal? I can't remember... He threw his tails down angrily against the roof, they kept a tempo with his growing impatience. Suddenly, the noise the rebuked him was another male's voice. He stopped his pounding and positioned himself so that he could peek down at the male. He was very...strange looking. What with his red and green, it reminded him of his happy childhood. Well, that's all gone now...Reddie gazed down at the male, his eyes still burning with hatred, "The same way you might..." His voice was worn, and husky. Waving his paw dismissively, Reddie looked away and began walking along the roofs.

He wandered away from the alley, and leapt up over the crevice of another alley, determined to flee from the male. That would all change if he could get up here. He thought pensively. Glancing back behind his shoulder, he gazed at the run down city just south of where he was. It was like a dark, grey splotch on the rolling green hills and rich mountains. Like someone had spilled a dab of black and white color change on the landscape, everything within a two mile radius was light grey, until it faded into green. He sighed and continued walking.  

.:2:.

((That's alright xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/10/2009 2:40 PM

Forest Fire narrowed his eyes. "There's no need to be rude," he growled, but not with anger. Seeing the red male continue to walk along the rooftop, Forest Fire began to follow him along the ground. Right when he jumped across an ally crevice, Forest Fire darted into said ally and searched for a back entrance. He saw a broken down door that was hanging from its hinges. Perfect. He thought as he pushed the door out of the way and darted inside.

Forest Fire looked around frantically, and soon found an exit that lead to the next ally. He repeated the action with another building not unlike the previous until he found himself in the ally just in front of the red Lucain. Silently hopping onto a dumpster and onto the roof right after, he found himself face to face with the male. "So tell me..." His voice was calm, but not cold. "What are you doing here?"

(2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/10/2009 7:26 PM

His ear twitched in acknowledgement when he heard his fast paced paws running around the lower floors. He sighed and rolled his eyes, feeling his arrogance meter shoot way up. Grumbling to himself, Reddie jumped over another alley way, feeling his muscle bunch and flex when he landed. This felt good to him. In a way, he suddenly felt confident, like he could take on the world. He padded down the splintery old roof, his head still trying to look back at his home but he resisted. Sitting down he pulled his back pack around and he grabbed the carrot, shoving the entire thing in his mouth. He smiled while he chewed on the succulent orange vegetable. "Yum." He mused shortly and stood up again, sensing the male was back again.

A worn and ridged expression flitted on to his face, "Hmm, curious type, eh?"He mused, stretching his wingblades. His eyes flashed around for a moment, analyzing his ways to flee from this unexpected person. "Well, previously I was hoping I'd find some sort of paranormal presence around my home. My brother died there. I was hoping to communicate. I killed him you know." He said sadly, his face almost mocking but you could tell he was truly depressed. "I gave him a toy that he was not supposed to have and he choked. So I guess you could say I'm a murderer." He grumbled angrily. Great...one more thing to add to my “over” adequacies. Waving his paw dismissivly he smirked an extremly bitter smirk. "Yes, I know. I'm screwed up. Don't remind me...I'm off, I've got to do some hasty experience with some voodoo dolls and garlic powder..." He said gruffly, side stepping away from the stranger and leaping on to the next house.

.:3:.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/12/2009 5:08 PM

Forest Fire flicked his ear crossly as the male brushed past him. Suddenly recalling what he had said, his eyes filled with sympathy. "I'm sorry to hear that," he murmured. "But you don't seem like the killing type." The green Lucain leapt to the next building where the young male had, and sat down. "You know, talking about it can help," Forest Fire said. "I know from experience, and you bet I'll listen."

(Ack. Short post. Sorries~ :oops: )

(3)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/13/2009 11:35 PM

Reddie's shoulders were extremely stiff, not because he had been traveling all week but because he was so stressed out on his current situation. His head looking away, you could see a small snarl on his face. But he sighed and turned around smirking, "You just don't get it do you?" Gritting his teeth, his fake smile disappearing, he sat down with a slump. Moving his head back and forth as if saying no, he whispered furiously,  "I don't remember..." His tone infused with depression as well as anger. Slamming his tails on the roof, a few shingles flying up into the air and landing back on the roof with a clatter, his eyes met with the stranger, they were burning emeralds. Flicking his head away he growled, "If only it was that simple..." He mumbled, referring to the fact that he couldn't tell some hobo joe off the streets about his horrors that wound on and on in retched tale.

.:4:.

((It's okay~ xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/17/2009 10:28 AM

Forest Fire didn't flinch as the shingles clattered on the roof. His eyes remained calm. He touched one of his tails lightly on the red male's shoulder. "Well then, may I have your name?" Forest Fire said softly. "My name is Forest Fire." The green male exhaled, and waited for the other's reaction. Hopefully, he wouldn't bolt again.

(Sorries, my muse is a bit dead at the moment. XD;;)

(4)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/20/2009 11:37 PM

Reddie shifted his eyes over to the male and grunted, "The names Redécouverte. But if you dare call me that I'll make sure something awful happens to you." Standing up and shaking off his pelt like a wet dog would, "So, call me Reddie. With an i e." He waved his tails in the air like an I and an E. Glowering over in his "acquaintance's" direction he shook his head and pounced across another roof. "Kay, Forest Fire. Is there something something short for that? I might forget or something..." He asked a little curiously. Turning around to stare at him on the roof, he glanced over his shoulder and then back, meaning for Forest Fire to come with him. "Hey uh," Reddie thought for a moment, "Forest Fire? Can you uh, you know. Like, change? Into something other then whatever we are currently?" It seems to be that his bad mood had passed with his memory of the stealing. That was fortunate for his new friend.

.:5:.

((Haha, mine is too. Talk about like 2 hours of sleepies! xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/29/2009 6:00 PM

Forest Fire pondered Reddie's questions for a moment. "Well, I suppose you could call me Forest," he said, jumping onto the roof that Reddie was on. "As for a different form, I'm afraid not... Or if I had one, I've ever used it," he said, shrugging. "Do you have one?" He sat down on the roof and looked to the sky.

(*crawls in and is pelted with bricks* Terribly sorry for the late reply! D: I really need to reply to these things more often so I don't forget about them. XD;;)

(5) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 08/19/2009 7:46 PM

Reddie massaged his forehead, feeling aggravated, "Fine. Forest. Great." His tone was short tempered and snippy. He shook his head back and forth, hopping to shake away his mood. He looked back up at Forest Fire a hint of smugness in his features, "Well, I do, I can change a little, into a human at least." Reddie sniffed, feeling a bit panicky, "But I haven't used it in awhile. I mostly use my cloaking the most. I hate unwanted company." He cocked an eyebrow over to Forest Fire, "So, we just going to hang out here or what?"

With that, he jumped off of the roofs and down into the streets below, his eyes glinting, "C'mon, let's do something...Any suggestions?" Padding down the street, he flicked his tails in a gesture for Forest Fire to follow him.

.:6:.

((Sorry about not posting in so long! I'm awful with forgetting things  :oops: it always seems to happen...))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/19/2009 10:31 PM

(Hehe, I was wondering where you ran off to~ ^3^)

Forest Fire chuckled as Reddie jumped to the ground. "Yes, I'd love to 'hang out'," he said. Smiling, he leaped to the ground beside the red male, and looked around. "Hmm... Well, the place looks a bit deserted," the Lucain said. "We might could find a restaurant..." He whipped his head in the other direction. "Or perhaps we could go to Craiss Caverns?" Shrugging, he looked at Reddie. "What do you do for fun?"

(Sorry, I'm a bit brain dead (And tired! XD;;).

(6)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 08/20/2009 1:00 AM

Reddie rolled his eyes, feeling as if a new, annoying baby brother was now following him. He puffed out some air, feeling a little exasperated with his new acquaintance. Glancing over his shoulder, the patriotically colored Lucain panicked slightly when the elderly woman he had stolen from was sweeping outside her little shop, a worried look on her face. He winced and slumped slightly, "Depends on the restaurant, not to Craiss Caverns and..." He stuttered a bit at the last question. What did he do for fun? He winced again when he thought of the treasures in his bag slung over his shoulder. Ears flattening to his skull he growled, "Whatever I feel like." His tone was short again. Glaring out across the tiny main street of the town, he spotted a promising restaurant. He used to go there frequently when he was younger. His eyes narrowed, a hostile glare stuck on his face. "That one. We're eating over there."

Walking faster towards the shack, he glanced again at the woman outside the store. She glared icily at him, her mouth pinched as she dropped her broom and ran into her store. His ears were still down with concern. "Now...How do we get in." His eyes rested on the no pets sign above the restaurant. Eyes flickering with an idea he grinned wickedly at Forest Fire. "Hey, you wanna eat here, right?"

.:7:.

((Bwaaa! I runs! xD Just kidding~ That's okay, I'm only muse high because of my vacation xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/22/2009 11:14 AM

Forest Fire looked in the direction that Reddie was, and saw an elderly lady glaring at him. A concerned look spred accross his face as he was about to ask him about it, but decided better of it. "That resteraunt, eh?" The green Lucain mused. The place looked nice, not the kind of place he thought it would be: worn down and deserted, like the rest of the buildings. Then, he saw the No Pets Allowed sign. "Well, I guess I want to eat here, but--" That face. He knew what it meant, and he understood now; the bag over his shoulder, the suspicious old lady... Reddie was a theif!

Clearly, it's my job to stear him from this path of evil!
Forest Fire thought. But it won't be easy... "Yes, yes I do want to eat here," he said, thinking. "Hey! You said you had a human form, right?" Forest Fire dashed into an ally, and quickly sniffed out a pair of sunglasses. He dusted them off with his tail, and brought them back to Reddie. He dropped them at the red male's feet. "I hope you know how to fake being blind!" He joked. Hopefully, he knew where he was going with this. Now, he was almost curious to see how his plan would turn out. He'd never been a Seeing Eye Dog before!

(How he "sniffed out" sunglasses, I'll never know. XDD)

(7)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 08/27/2009 6:44 PM

"Exactly!" Reddie nodded, setting down his bag. Twitching his ear left, he glanced one more time back to where the old lady had disappeared and felt an impending doom on himself. How strange. He smirked at Forest Fire and said, "I like the way you think."His paw grabbed for the sunglasses, and suddenly, it was a pale hand. His figure was lean, mostly because of his vegetarian diet. If you were to look at him you would probably see a handsome young man but if you looked closer you could see how odd he really was. From his average blue converse and navy blue pants normal is all that can be defined. His shirt was a striped like a candy cane, pale red with darker red stripes. Layered over that was a classic tourists t-shirt, lighter blue background with white pineapples dotting it all over. Over that is what seemed to be a belt, with a golden buckle and a ring with three interesting looking keys on them. That was it, besides his fuzzy red hat with ear flaps dangling down to his shoulders and a puff of fur on top as well. And of course you couldn't miss the feathery owl wings on his back, they looked somewhat real, but anyone who knew him would know they were fake. He leaned over Forest Fire smirking, his emerald green eyes twinkling with some kind of generated hope.

Slipping on the sunglasses he carefully pulled all emotion from his face, a blank expression and blank eyes could fool anyone. "Now wait," He paused Forest Fire before the walked in, "It won't be convincing if you're just walking around without a leash." He hauled his bag over to himself and thought about what was in it. Various unknowns. He chuckled quietly at his dark humor. Sticking his hand cautiously in the bag he felt around for some string or wire of some sort. Reddie winced every time he found something new in his bag. It sickened him. After his third or fourth grimace he pulled out a long scarf. It kept coming out of his bag, like a magic act, until he yanked exasperatedly at it and the scarf twirled in the air in a heap. Fashioning a ragged kind of collar he had ripped off, he laid it on the ground for Forest to put on himself. He examined the long scarf that was now tattered, thinking about how to tie the leash. "This should definitely get us in." He mused, still examining the scarf. "Now, lemme look at you." Hopping up, Reddie stepped back to examine the Lucain.

((Haha, at least he doesn't wear owl wings xD Here's a Subeta version of him. Pretty close to how I picture him. Here~))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate