Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Can Friendship Truly Last A Lifetime?

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/31/2009 10:43 PM

Meghan's hands trembled as she read the note once more.

Meghan and Meissa,

I'm afraid that our friendship wasn't as strong as it used to be. I think that it would be better to seek closure now, as I'm scared that it could end abruptly after a fight between us breaks out. Please forgive me, I don't want to do this, but it seems that this is unevitable. If you would meet me at Craiss Caverns, I'd be glad to go on one more outing with you two before our friendship is over. I hope you don't hate me because of this.

Always, Snowy

How could she think that? Sure, they hadn't seen much of each other- but was she this desparate to put herself in the spotlight that she would make them go to Craiss to go through a breaking up ceremony? Sure, it would be hard; they had been best friends since sixth grade. But Meghan got bored- Snowy was ever too happy to deal with routine that she didn't realize that Meghan liked spontaeneous! She turned to Mei. "What do you think she'll say?" she asked her friend, handing her the note.

"Well," she began, her eyes skimming the note, "knowing Snow, she's prolly going to ramble on about the 'old days' or whatever and try to explain how she saw us falling apart. Then she'll try to give us her 'I'm your friend' speech, we'll ignore her, she'll flip out, leave in anger, then try to find us but we'll already be gone because we didn't want to waste time finding her." she said. Meghan laughed. "Alright, real version, please?"

"She'll say sorry, ask us to say sorry, leave angry because she doesn't want to give up on us but we act like we could care less, and then it's just dwnhill from there. Maybe we'll end up closer than before."

Meghan snorted. "Yeah, and Snowy's a Lucain."
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: Can Friendship Truly Last A Lifetime?

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/31/2009 11:05 PM

Snowy sat on the train, twiddling her thumbs and fidgetting. She was dreading this, more than you would know. She didn't want to do it anymore- sure, it seemed like a good idea two days ago, but Snowy was known to change her mind. Constantly, actually. She felt uncomfortable, as if she was wearing a wool bodysuit- sweat beaded on the back of her neck and made her palms slick.

Being nervous was one thing, but being this anxious? Gods, it was like she was meeting her middle school crush or something. But these were her best friend-

Er, ex-best friends.

The train slowed and stopped, screeching and whining and whooshing. A voice came over the intercom announcing their arrival at the entrance to Craiss Caverns. Snowy had thought that their friendship would end more symbolically in the place where the war ended. She knew her ex-BFFs wouldn't get it, but she knew, and that's all that mattered.

Getting off the train, she was confronted with a churning stomach and reeling head. She could turn back; get on the train and tell them that she still wanted to friends through another note. Yeah, that would work! She spun around and was about to step back onto the train when one of the workers stopped her. "Sorry ma'am, no more stops today." he said. "There's another train coming, but not for a few hours. We got matinence work to do. Sorry." he said, and turned back into the train, disappearing into the cabin Snowy had been sitting in only a minute ago.

"Well... I suppose they were right when they said there's no turning back now."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/05/2009 2:43 PM

Meghan had kept up her relentless pacing, while Meissa sat quietly, watching her friend do this on and off. She had kept it up for about fifteen minutes now.

"You know, doing that too long will make you dizzy." Meissa said in a bored tone, flicking her tails. She had been switching between human and Kuhna form. This was her seventh time. As her blue and pink tail-tips twitched irritably, a crunching of steps could be heard. Snowy had quickly made a decision to show up in her human form, as she figured her friends would be in the same.

"Hello." said the pale, blond teen shyly.

Meissa nodded curtly, slipping quietly into her human form. She was tall, with honey blond hair that had a slight wave. Her skin was a light tan, and she wore a pink shirt with white shorts and flip-flops. They were worn, but not too worn that they couldn't be worn anymore. Her usually soft blue eyes were strikingly hard.

Meghan turned and glared at Snowy. "Alright, get on with it." she said curtly, staring the pale girl down. She was about two inches or so shorter than Melissa, with dark hair and bright blue eyes. She looked like she had curled it. She wore a summer dress, with a navy and white Tye-Dye pattern along it at various angles. She wore white flip-flops, and a leather backpack was slung over her shoulder.

Snowy felt immensely overdressed as she tried not to stare back. She wore light rinsed caprice that were rolled up at the legs. White sneakers were on her feet, scrubbed clean the night before. She also wore a pale blue blouse with silver bangles on either wrist and a necklace around her neck. Her hair was pulled back into a plain ponytail, and she was wearing her glasses instead of contacts.

"Uhm, well... you read the note, right?" she asked nervously, her hands wringing.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/05/2009 3:04 PM

Meissa stepped forward. "Yes, the note has been read by both of us. You wanna explain what made you come to this conclusion?" she asked, tossing Snowy the envelope. The girl caught it halfheartedly, and it slipped out of her hands, falling into the dirt.

"Oops." Snowy bent down and snapped it up into her hands, dusting off the dirt.

"Listen... I just... I don't know what's going on with you guys. Do you just not like me anymore? Because you keep acting like I'm the plague or something. Avoiding me. It feels wrong. Like, really wrong. And I just want things to be right again- with or without you guys. I just need to know where I stand in your life."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/07/2009 9:44 PM

Meissa looked ticked. "You couldn't have just talked to us about this in the comfort of the house? Gods, Snowy, always the dramatic." she growled. Snowy glared back defiantly. "I came here because it's much more private than the house! And I'd rather not see you two get kicked out of it!" she said, and swore under her breath. Calm down Snowy. Keep it cool. she told herself, pocketing the letter for safekeeping.

Meghan turned her back to them. "This is stupid. Come on, Mei. Let's get out of here." she said and tried to get up and leave.

Snowy stomped her foot like a maddened child. "No! You stay here. Or... or I'll fight you!" she shouted. She regretted it instantly. Meghan turned, laughing dryly. "Fight me? You're so weak, you cou-"

Before she finished, Snowy had become a Kuhna, and leaped at Meghan's belly, knocking her over. Suddenly her form became smaller, and she was in her Kuhna form, clawing at Snowy's ears. Hissing, Snowy pummeled her belly with her hindpaws and grabbed Meghan's shoulder with her teeth.

A weight crashed down on Snowy, knocking her head hard and making her let go of Meghan's shoulder. She crawled out from under her, and Meissa took over, scratching at Snowy's back. Meghan was rushing towards the caves. "Come on, Mei! Let's lose her!" she shouted at the CottonCandy Kuhna, and scurried into the darkness.

The weight left her shoulders, and Snowy coughed dirt out of her lungs as her friends escaped into the the tunnels. "You're not getting away that easily!" Snowy called to them, and with a jump, raced after the two Kuhnas, her small and lithe blue form a blur as she streaked for the entrance.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/09/2009 4:22 PM

Tears streamed from her eyes as she sped up, trying to catch up to the two Kuhnas. If she had only been chasing Meg, then all would've been lost. Snowy would have no hope of finding the dark colored Kuhna in the dank and dreary caves. As she made her way towards the two, she wondered what creatures would even want to live here, let alone make a living and a home. Sure, some of it was beautiful, but only small parts. She was mostly frightened by the crushing blackness that surrounded her, interrupted by faintly glowing crystals here and there.

"C'mon guys- this is d-dangerous!" she called to Mei and Meg. But they didn't stop to listen.

The two were furiously trying to throw Snowy off their trail. Meg's eyes met Mei's out of the corners of them. "Stop." she whispered. The two halted, and Meghan pushed Mei into a crevice and stood in front of her, stock still. They watched as Snowy raced past, unaware that the two had stopped. Her calls slowly grew quieter, and the two felines exited the tunnels.

"Think she'll make it out of there alive?" asked Meissa. "Barely." answered Meghan.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/13/2009 11:08 AM

Snowy let out a growl of annoyance, her paws hitting yet another sharp stone and breaking open her paw pad. Hissing, she stopped, licking it furiously. There was no point in trying to catch up to the two Kuhnas now- it was unfair to herself to say that they still wanted to be friends with her. She still had two very good friends, Cai and Amana, but they weren't here with her to help her.

She sat down carefully, brushing loose stones away with her tail. She was anxious, and scared- alone in unfamiliar wilderness, she was subject to the roughest of elements down here.

She was a free meal for Akail.

This thought made her shudder, her icy blue and silver pelt rippling with fright. When she had heard the news about Akail, their pictures had made her want to stay away from this place. Whatever had possessed her to meet her now ex-best friends here was beyond her comprehension. She was going to turn back when she noticed that there were at least five entrances she could have come from.

Crud.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/16/2009 1:33 PM

"I hope she's okay."

The two girls were in their human forms now, their flip-flops scuffling across the train stop. They were pacing, waiting for the moment their train would be free to leave. The man had refused their entrance into their cabin, saying something about loose wiring and some unstable wheels. Meghan shrugged- Snowy had been able to take care of herself more than once, and she had made it clear to them before that she didn't need help from them unless she asked for it.

"She doesn't need help." muttered Meghan, but something inside her was making her doubt herself.

Meissa stopped and looked to her, her eyes searching her friend's face. But she saw nothing but determination to get home. Sighing, she turned back and resumed her pacing.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/16/2009 7:05 PM

"Ow!"

Snowy stopped shuffling and peered through the darkness, bringing her paw as close as she dared. Lodged between her toes a shard of dark rock. Spitting, she cursed her bad luck. Now she had a hurt paw and she could barely see where she was going. Unless it didn't break skin, she couldn't continue to shuffle her paws in front of her. Doing so would surely leave a trail for an Akail to follow, as they were more adapted to this stupid tunnel anways, and it could end up getting infected.

She tried once more to become her human form. After two minutes of concentrating, she found herself disabled and stuck in her Kuhna form. "Gods... I hate this place!" she shouted. Her cry of anguish echoed through the caverns, and once again, she slapped herself mentally. All she was doing by shouting that was attracting unwanted attention.

Angrily, quickly, she grabbed the shard between her teeth and tugged hard and fast, pulling it out without much pain. She took in a sharp breath, then spat out the rock, spitting a bit more to clear the filth taste from her mouth.

"What have I gotten myself into?! Why do you hate me?!" she whispered, anger and worthlessness coloring the tone. She licked at the area where it had been poked by the stone- only a bit of blood, not enough to bleed profusely or need a band-aid, but it was enough to leave a trail an Akail could easily follow.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/17/2009 12:42 PM

Meghan was getting restless. She couldn't take sitting on the bench, waiting at the train station, doing nothing, and now guilt, doubt and anger were worming their ways into her thoughts about Snowy, and the more she thought about it...

"Ugh! I hate this- can't we go somewhere else? Do something interesting?!" she shouted at Meissa, standing up and throwing her hands up in frustration. The condutor's head poked out the window. "'Scuse me, mar'm, but we 'ave some work ta do in 'ere. So if ye don' mind, could ye be quiet?" he called to them, a frown making his face fall.

Mei grabbed her friend's hand, tugging her towards the exit. "Sorry sir, we're leaving now." she called back politely, and pulled her friend out of the train station hastily.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/18/2009 10:34 PM

The caverns of Craiss were not a good place to lose someone. Especially if that someone knew where they were going. Snowy had to keep telling herself to stay silent, as she would occasionally call out the odd hello or a question of anyone around. Biting her lip, she tried once more to find her human form and bring it to her outer exterior.

The best she got was her human eyes on her Kuhna body, which were considerably less powerful than them and blinded her greatly. Sighing, she let go of her image of her human form and felt her eyes slip back into Kuhna form. It was easy to change, usually, but the stress of the situation and her added anxiety of being there plus all the fear that was radiating off her body because of Akail made her unable to become human.

Are you lost?

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/18/2009 10:39 PM

Snowy jumped. Was that... a voice?

"Hello?" she called out, her eyes wild as she flicked her gaze back and forth around the cavern. "Stay away!" she shouted, covering her head with her paws at a failed attempt to protect herself. She heard the voice give a laugh. I won't hurt you. came a sweet, shy reply. I'm inside you, for right now.

"Huh?" Snowy closed her eyes, trying to figure this out- a mysterious voice... in her head? She didn't understand. "I mean, there's no way there could be a second voice in my head that isn't me. It's just not possible!"

Oh, but it is. came a cheerful reply.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/18/2009 10:49 PM

Snowy fell back onto her tail, very confused. How could... unless it... but there wasn't a valid explanation!

But there is, silly. Don't you remember getting that fancy blue bottle from that interesting Kuhna like yourself, what you seem to be calling a Preitor Kuhna?

But how would it know...?

I'm in your head, of course. I apologize if I was being forward, but I've gone through your memories and I was just about to delve into your adolescent ones before I left your head and took on my spirit like form, but I was interrupted by your shot of pure terror that just went through you body as you realized that you can't do this on your own. Why are you so frightened? You have me now. I won't hurt you- I was created to be your helper. It's laugh tittered in her skull again, and she felt the need to laugh with it.

"You're not like other Ballama spirits. All the ones I know of are very quiet." she said, trotting forward. She didn't realize that her Ballama was distracting her from going through the feeling of fear again.

Oh, we're all quiet once we leave our partner's heads. This is because we can only communicate through our minds from then on- this is why I must learn your brain, and learn it's memories. Heehee. I hope you don't mind.

"Not at all, not at all." Snowy said, and smiled.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items