Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

"We have finally found you..." [Private]

Postby MythicDusk » 08/27/2009 4:58 PM

[This is a self-rp, but if you find it interesting and wanna join in, just throw me a PM :D]

The garagnir, as old as time itself, his glowing eyes lidded and crusty, its joints fused nto the same position constantly, flames that were placed in the passage leading to the huge cavern that he took up half of. if his eyes were fully shut, you would not of known the creature was there, red banners hung from the spikes of his skin, a strange, black insignia printed on them. A low, long grumble echoed through his throat as he shifted his tail, slamming it against the side of the cavern. He could not remeber when he was put here, he could not even remeber how he came about, he was just one of those things that were... there. His large eyes began to open a slight bit more, small shards of rock falling to the floor. He was in a laying poistion, his head high, he seemed to be carved out of the rock, he even had small rivets in his skin from where water often ran down his flesh. "'Cmon, Grym. Stop being a whimp." The creature of which the high-pitched voice seemed to be talking to replied in a deep, thick and a voice like syrup. "Hush, Tosturi. We don't want to disturb him." Then, two figures entered into the pool of light that was his cavern, the firelight flicking across there faces, they were both in horror and awe.

"We have finally found you, Brother Wisdom" The deep, syrupy voice purred, obviously belonging to the Imuet, the small scarab perched atop his head. The Garagnir's voice growled, old, rocky and almost wheezing. It boomed throught the cavern, its jaw moved slowly, its words dragged out. In his eyes, everything went slow, and when a Gragnir tells you to go slow, things tend to go slow, same as if a Gragnir pushes something, it stays pushed. "But, I was not lost. Simply wating." The Penticorn nodded slightly. "We understand, Master." Lowering her front end to the ground, her nose brushing against the floor.

"Who are you?" The garagnir boomed. Only, his boom was not loud, it seemed to be quiet, but full of wisdom and authority. The Imuet spoke first. "I am Grym." He blinked slightly, still awed by the sight of the huge creature before them. The Penticorn spoke just after. "And I am Tosturi, Master." She bobbed her head again. "Nay, Who are you?" The Garagnir boomed once again. They both then understood. "I am Brother Strength" The Imuet spoke loudly and proud, his chest puffed out and he seemed to glow with pride. "And I am Sister Mercy." the Penticorn spoke gently, bobbing her head again. "Do not be so humble, Sister." A rumble echoed through the Garagnir's throat, almost as a chuckle. A smile pulled at his ancient lips. The Penticorn looked surprised, gazing up at him. "And I, as you know, am Brother Wisdom." They both nodded vigirously as the gigantic creature spoke. They were both still in shock and awe.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: "We have finally found you..." [Private]

Postby MythicDusk » 08/28/2009 8:36 AM

Sister Mercy halted the urge to bob her head once again in respect and instead spoke to Brother Wisdom as she would Brother Strength. "So, Brother Wisdom, Whaddya want us to do?" Her ears twitched and lay back as Brother Wisdom's old eyes narrowed. "You dare speak to me like that?" Sister Mercy was taken aback. "I apoligise, Master." Brother Wisdom snorted, finding her tone of voice better. "I wish for you to....Look the part." Both the newcomers looked surprised. "W-W-What do you mean?" Brother Strength stammered. "I mean..." Brother Wisdom grumbled, slowly moving his large head o the banners, which turned out not to be banners, but robes. Robes, Trappers, there was even a few curiasses. He carefully picked a robe and a trapper from the bunch, throwing them infront of them. Brother Strength was able to use his Human Form, so he slipped on the robes over his usual clothes, he looked like a sinning monk. He helped Sister Mercy put on the trappers, and then climbed onto her back, of which she hated whenever he did it. His face was shaded, his form large and made moslty of muscle. "Now...You look the part..." Brother Wisdom grumbled, returning his head to its usual position. "Now, I must rest..." The gargantuan creature rumbled, its eyes slipping shut as he settled, rocks rolling from his form.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/31/2009 9:23 AM

Brother Strength and Siter Mercy both looked at eachother, Strength looking very intimidating, as was Mercy, as she now a leather mask covering her face, only leaving gaps for her eyes, mouth and eas, the leather stretched down her neck and joined to a metal breastplate that was highly uncomfortable, but she would endure. Her reigns were adorned with 3 inch long flags, they were simply crimson and lined with black, her breastplate was hidden by a crimson and red flag that reached her knees. She began to trott a small amount, just seeing how well she could move in all of this....stuff. She began doing the 'War Dance', her feet moved quickly as she sidestepped slightly, back and forth, as so then if she came under attack, it would be difficult for the ground soldiers to slash her ligaments. She whinnied loudly and Brother Wisdom shifted in his sleep, grumbling angrily, and she silenced as Strength yanked at the bit, making her wince.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/31/2009 2:58 PM

Gunotari "Gunner" Leelara and Glitterwing

The gentle scritch-scritch of pen on paper, the turn of a page, even the steady dripping of moisture from a stalactite into the pond beneath it. All these elements set the stage for the Imuet's talent. Of course, he could have picked a better subject to write about, he thought now. These guys were beyond what he'd written before: a couple on the beach, a day in the park. Gunner wasn't one for action stories most of the time.

The only reason he was here at all was because Glit had suggested it. The little bug seemed to be a radar for creative opportunities, so Gunner had followed the insect's prodding without complaint. Until now.

"See? See?" the little creature chimed, buzzing up to watch the activities beyond the shelter of the boulder Gunnner was hiding behind. "What'd I tell you? This is so much more fun than watching those lovie-dovie people in the park!"

The Imuet snatched the scarab and pulled him back down. "Shut up!" the canine hissed, putting his pen aside so as to not mark across his writing. "What if they find us? Then it won't be so fun!"

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/31/2009 3:14 PM

Brother's wisdom's eyes slowly ba to open as he began to growl. "We have an intruder! There is an intruder in our sanctuary!" He began to stand,he was hardly able to lift his stomach off the floor before his back was pressed against the celing. He could see behind the boulder, and he could see a small amount of the figure. Brother strength could see where he was looking and moved to the boulder, peering over it to the figure. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" His lage, burly hand gripped the Imuet by the back of its neck, dragging it out from behind the boulder with great force. He was large, with broad shoulders and a neck like a bull, legs like tree trunks and he was simply big, muscled and could probably crush Chuck Norris' head between his thighs. Sister Mercy winced slightly, her tail flicking and rearing her head back so her neck was arched, she looked like a noble steed, and that is what she will be.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/03/2009 4:55 PM

Gunner had managed to quiet the bug and was back to writing when he felt a sharp tug on the back of his neck and suddenly wasn't sitting anymore. He would have yelped if he had any less dignity but managed to hold his voice for all but a slight whimper.

Glitterwing on the other hand was a bit more vocal about the man's offense. "Hey!" he shouted in his small, buzzing voice, anger shining in his multi-faceted eyes. "Just because they call you Brother Strength doesn't mean you have to show it all the time! What's the big idea anyways?!"

The Imuet would have smacked the insect to make him shut up, but his vision was going hazy from the pressure on his neck. 'Hell of a way to die, Gunner,' he thought sardonically to himself, more cross with himself and the gods-aweful situation he had gotten into than Glit. At the moment anyway.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/04/2009 12:49 PM

Brother Strength carried the creature towards Brother Wisdom, then dropping him, a small, insct-like creature creeping from beneath his hood, onto his shoulder and down his arm. It rested on his fingertips and took flight, buzing around the room before settling on the boulder Gunner was before hiding behind. "There are no others, Brother Wisdom." He bowed then stepped back. Both Mercy and Strength then stood at the entrance, Brother Wisdom gazed down at the creature. "What are you doing here, Young one?" His voice was sursiringly gentle, his eyes half-lidded once again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/08/2009 4:23 PM

Gunner coughed as he hit the stone. "Rough brute, that one," he sputtered, winching slightly at every intake of breath. "How'd someone like you get paired with a girl named 'Mercy' anyhow?" Glit buzzed forward and made to comment on just how such a match might happen, but the Imuet batted him away again. THe insect glared harshly at his master, but remained silent.

Gunner turned his attention to the hulking mass of stone that was Brother Wisdom. "I'm an author," he explained, a tinge of embarrassment in his voice, "albeit not a very popular one. I like to write about normal people most of the time, but my little assistant," Here he gestured to the rather put out looking Glit, "suggested I look down here for something of an adventure story. He's heard about a group meeting down here and thought I needed some new medium to work with."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/08/2009 4:33 PM

Wisdom began to grin, laughing heartily, the two gaurding the entrance began to laugh nervously. Wisdom then looked down at the Imuet. "The world needs more bards. You are welcomed to write about us, let it be known, that this young one, is now an honourary member, unless he states otherwhise. He is Brother Scribe!" Wisdom grinned, Mercy looked slightly surprised then smiled a motherly smile. She was now probably to be the mother of the cult. Strength grunted and crossed his arms across his broad chest. "Just know, Brother Scribe, that if you leak any information on us that is not needed to be known, such as where we are....You will pay." His voice was low and growling, his crusty eyes narrowing and he looked up at Strength. "Brother Strength, go find rocks to serve as tables and chairs, Mercy, go find food. We shall eat well tonight!" He didn't actually eat anything, but he knew the others did.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/08/2009 5:25 PM

Bard? He'd never thought of himself as a bard before. Although it certainly was an odd feeling being accepted by those he was writing about. Maybe he'd be a character in his own story, something most authors couldn't very well imagine.

"Thank you," he said simply, inclining his head in respect for the elder. "I've simply described this place as 'a cave,' no details about where."

Glit, however, had not perked up at the idea of being included in this odd story, but at the mention of food. His passion- other than bothering Gunner about how boring his stories were getting- was eating. he buzzed from the floor to about halfway to the ceiling before following off after Mercy, intent on discovering what kind of food would be made available.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/23/2009 2:32 PM

Mercy glaned over to the small bug that was now beside her. She said nothing and simply smirked, tossing her head and moving into a full gallop, wondering for how long this little creature could keep up with her.

Strength grumbled gently, beginning to move from cavern to cavern, looking for suitable rocks for tables and chairs until they found a carpenter, or stonemason, or something. He found a pair of stones that could serve as chairs, flat tops, they sould seat at least two people each, and that was all they needed for now. Carrying them back to the cavern that Brother Wisdom was resting in.

Brother Wisdom smiled at him. "Tell me, young one, tell me about your stories, I am interested. I have not been outside this cavern in a very, very long time. Please, tell me of the world outside my own." His voice was low, gentle, his head lowered considerably so h could gaze at the Imuet on his eye-level. His large, glowing, crusty eyes filled with hope.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/29/2009 4:34 PM

Gunner glanced up to to the aged, craggy form and smiled. It must have been difficult for the ancient creature to keep up with the goings-on of his little group; the outside world would have fallen by the wayside without much consideration.

He described scenes from his days of people-watching: children chasing anything and everything across streets just out of reach of their mothers; women gossiping by lampposts and giggling as men passed them by; elderly couples out for walks; two old friends playing chess in the park. This was his view of the world, a place full of life and the joys that came through living it.

He then admitted that there was still pain on the surface. There had been a war, come and gone, already in his lifetime and there had been many funerals that he could recall and many more he had simply heard of. Criminals were still harbored in the back alleys of cities, and, yes, people still died every day. Hardly a week went by without him seeing a widow in black or a crying child in a cemetery.

"It's a mixed world up there," he muttered, shaking his head slightly. "I wish there was a little more joy and a little less sadness."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/29/2009 4:44 PM

Brother Wisdom risen his head again, a frown pulling at his lips. His eyes now closed as a heavy sigh escaped from the creature's nostrils. How could the life on the surface still not learn to sustain itself, while he had been underground, never moving to aeons. How could of they still not of learned? "Thank you, Brother Scribe. It is not what I wished to hear, but it is good to hear it all the same." He eventually opened his eyes again and moved his head to the many hanging uniforms, taking one that he was sure would fit Gunner, and placing it before him. "Would you...?" Brother wisdom glanced away from him, up to the entrance, spying Brother Strength returning with the slabs of stone.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 10/27/2009 4:34 PM

Gunner nodded silently, moving over to the rack on deft paws. No point in attracting the attention of that easily angered Brother Strength right now. To be honest, that guy frightened him. It struck the writer as odd that they could possibly be the same species, yet the other's use of that scarab proved it.

"Maybe he's a Dune," he muttered to himself as he rooted through the robes for something in his size. "Too bad I don't have a human form. Everything here seems to be made for them... Ah!" His paw touched on something different from the other hanging bits of cloth. Not a robe, yet not quite the trappers he'd seen Mercy in either. It was something between the two, a robe made for the four-legged variety of denizens. He slipped it over his head, and grinned with satisfaction at the fact that it did not graze the ground or inhibit his movements. "Perfect."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 11/03/2009 3:09 PM

Wisdom grinned, or grinned as much as he could. Strength lay out the slabs of stone, the sight of the other...Creature...in the uniform reserved for memebers enraged him. But he was brother strength, not Brother Anger. He had enough strength to reign in his fury. Letting it shine within his eyes, he felt his breath quicken, his hands and shoulders tremble, his heartbeat drown out all sounds and felt it hammer against his chest. His hidden nostrils flared as his eyes darkened. His focus was taken off his rage as he glanced to the figure that was entering the caverns, holding a basket of fod, enough for all of them, enough to sustain them for tays, and another strapped to her back. She placed the one in her mouth on the table, Strength took the one off her back and glanced at the bundles she had retrieved. There were breads, fruits, vedgetables, there were even slabs of meat. A few bones were tossed in, too. Even though Mercy did not have the right appendages for cooking, she knew how too. And she also knew Strength liked to chew on something in the night. Uusually, it was a rubber toy, but she could not find one, so she suspected a bone would be the next best thing.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer