Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Searching for the Crystal Heart [P][Possible Akail Hunt?]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/19/2009 11:49 AM

"Come on, Nostalion!  If we're gonna find the Crystal Heart, then we're gonna need to hurry and get to the Caverns!  I heard that they're... rather dangerous after dark."

This voice came from a beautiful young woman with fluffy angel-wings, pale skin, blond hair, and a gorgeous blue necklace that complimented her blue eyes.  She wore a pale golden dress, and her blond tresses were pulled into a bun so that they would not get mussed.  She was rather tall, and, if one looked closer, they would see that she had pointed ears.  Not only that, but if they looked closer, within her blond hair, they would see a small circlet of gold across her forehead.

Not all that far behind her, another person followed, guiding a Cavallion with four saddlebags over her back.  The Cavallion, which was Void in color, would occasionally get spooked, but the man's touch on her bridle would calm her down.  After a moment, he addressed the female before him.

"Aye, I know this, Aina.  I've heard many a tale of those dangerous Akail." Nostalion, her companion, replied.  "Many an explorer has lost something to the Akail at one point or another.  Some have just lost little valuables, others have lost their sanity, looking for the cities that the Akail whispered of.  You know what cities I mean, correct, Aina?"

Nostalion was about as tall as Aina was, and he had the same pointed ears.  He wore a cloak over his outfit; the cloak was black with some red decorative stitching.  His hair was black as night, and his eyes were the shade of the sea on a bright, warm day.  Beneath his pitch-black coat was a red shirt and pants; these had white decorative stitching on them.  At his waist, there was a blade, and over his shoulder, there was a bow and quiver.

"Aye, I know." Aina said, stopping to take some water from a canteen within one of the saddlebags.  "Remember, my father was in league with a Void Akail for a time.  Granted, he soon realized that the alliance was not mutually beneficial, and he abandoned that life... only to find out that he was some God of Light in a realm where the majority of their gods are Paragons in this world."

"Aye, I remember you telling me about that." Nostalion said, nodding slowly.

[1.1][1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Searching for the Crystal Heart [P][Possible Akail Hunt?]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/20/2009 11:02 AM

Aina took a few delicate steps into the caverns, her eyes glancing around as she nodded slowly, turning to face Nostalion.  All of their research into Craiss, Hunters, and Akail; the sleepless nights that the two spent bent over endless volumes of information, the interviews with Usake and the unwilling Vanlanthiriel... everything was leading up to this exploration.

"I can't believe that it's finally time to discover the truth behind the Crystal Heart, Nostalion.  Just think--if what Vanla said is true, then... finding the Crystal Heart..." she said, her eyes sparkling brightly as she sat down, smoothing her skirt as she looked around.

"Aye, I know.  If we find the Crystal Heart, then maybe--just maybe--we can find the crystal city of the Hunters!  To be able to find that..." he said, his eyes glistening slightly as he sat down, clicking his tongue to signal to the Cavallion that it was okay for her to sit down; they were going to camp there for the night.  The Cavallion sat down slowly, nickering as she did so.

"Can you imagine the rewards we could reap if we were to find the Crystal Heart, though?  We would forever be immortalized in the world of explorers..." Aina said dreamily, a small gleam in her eyes as she smoothed her dress out, glancing back over at Nostalion before she spoke in a quiet voice.

"What is to be said of your sister, Castiel?  Why does she prey after my kind and not your kind?" she asked.  "I am sorry, but... Castiel makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Aye, I know she makes you uncomfortable--she makes many a femme uncomfortable." Nostalion said.  "However... I know not her logic, I'm afraid.  I think it was something to do with that Anatu character back home..."

"That womanizer of a Hydrokuhna?" Aina spat.  "Anyone should feel uneasy around him.  Even I feel uneasy around him..."

[1.2][1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/20/2009 11:19 AM

"Aye, I know." Nostalion said.  "It is something he is apparently notorious for, making the female kind feel uncomfortable around him.  One thing is certain--he does not mind it in the least.  He enjoys it far too much--and my dear sister fell prey to him and his ways."

"I care not that she fell prey to his ways," Aina said calmly, "but I do care that she keeps trying to win me over!  There are plenty of femme Kuhnas within the Forests to be had--I doubt she'd go for Fontina, since she is the same type as Anatu, but there's Wyra, Dar'hina, Maeve, Aya, Aditi, Kida, Kanika, Farore, Din..." she said, trying to recall names as she thought for a moment.  After a few moments, Nostalion took her hands.

"I will not let her have you," he said firmly.  "She will have to kill me before she can have you."

"You realize she might take you up on that if you are serious!" Aina cried in distress.  "I don't know what I'd do if you were to suddenly fall out of my life.  Nostalion... please.  Promise me you won't tell her that she'll have to kill you in order to have me.  She is far too serious about this to take that as a joke." Nostalion looked down at Aina and noticed the distress in her eyes and sighed, nodding slowly.

"All right," he replied.  "I will not tell Castiel that she would have to kill me to get you."

Aina gave a small smile as she leaned her head on Nostalion's shoulder.  She drew in a small breath, and Nostalion ran his hand through her hair.  After a few moments, he made her look at him, his eyes serious.

"You do realize that I might have to confront Castiel in battle regardless, if it means protecting you," he said, frowning slightly.  "I would much rather suffer a few wounds and win you forever than have her take you from me because I refuse to fight."

"If you must..." Aina said reluctantly, sighing slightly.

[1.3][1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/20/2009 12:55 PM

"Aina..." Nostalion said quietly.  "Regardless of what I must do, it is not my desire to fight to have you.  I don't feel right in doing that because it makes me feel like I'm forcing you to be with me.  If you'd rather have my sister..."

"Silence!" Aina cried, her voice even more distressed than before.  "I would rather die than let your sister take me in any way.  I'd rather die than not be by your side..." she said, looking up at Nostalion with tear-filled eyes.  Nostalion took her into an embrace, holding her gently as he quietly murmured into her ear.

"I won't let her have you." Nostalion said.  "Even if I have to take her life in order to keep you..."

"Please, do not say that!" Aina said. "I care not that she preys on me like a Sahound preys on Gyrrophants, do not take her life in order to keep me." Aina begged, and the Cavallion turned her head, clearly distressed by Aina's pleas.  Nostalion placed a hand on the Cavallion's nose, calming it down slightly before he turned back to Aina.

"Come, let us rest for the night.  After all, we have a very long few days coming up, looking for the Crystal Heart and all." Nostalion said, his face filled with concern.  "If you're not perfectly alert for tomorrow, then... I fear for what we might encounter if you were to be only partially-aware.  After all, from what Vanlanthiriel said, the Akail tend to prey on the weaker people.  They pick out the weak, the ill, and the tired, and they take those ones first."

"This is true..." Aina said, sighing deeply as she moved to lay down, yawning slightly.  "Hopefully tomorrow will yield some promising results..."

[1.4][1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/22/2009 5:52 PM

The dawn came early for the pair, but they were ready for it.  After a quick breakfast, Aina took a seat on the Cavallion, smiling slightly as Nostalion took the reigns and lead the Cavallion onwards.  Aina gave a slight yawn as she looked around the caverns, her blue eyes taking in everything that they could as she observed everything there.

"This is certainly an interesting place..." Aina said as she looked back at Nostalion.

"Aye," he said.  "But... have you been considering what Vanla said?  About someone being the guardian on the Heart and having to obtain their blessing to get the Heart?" he asked, and Aina paused here, thinking a little bit before she responded.

"Aye.  I have been thinking about it." Aina said, her face twisting into a frown.  "It baffles me to no end, but I don't think we can trust everything that Vanla said.  After all... Father said that she was a little... well, off her dot.  Crazy."

"I know," he said, "but we have to take it into consideration.  Who could this guardian possibly be?"

"An Akail," Aina suggested, "or maybe a Hunter that remained hidden during their Fall.  That would make sense; one of their own remaining behind to make sure that no one else tried to come and desecrate their once-home."

[2.0][2.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate