Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Archeology for Dummies (Private-Possible Akail Hunt)

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/19/2010 7:49 PM

Amethyst sighed happily as she approached the mouth of the main cave of Craiss Caverns. "I finally made it!" she said, her breath coming in short gasps. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to sprint the last mile up to the cave. The female Lucain sat down on her haunches and opened her backpack. "It'd be horrible if I forgot something," she muttered lightheartedly, rummaging through her bag. "Let's see... Pick-axe, head light, lunch, fossil-cleaning tools, magnifying glass... Yep, that's pretty much everything!" Amethyst grinned and swung the backpack around so that it was on her back again. "I've always wanted to come here..."

(1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Archeology for Dummies (Private-Possible Akail Hunt)

Postby Grace » 03/19/2010 8:19 PM

ImageImage

Aven grinned, almost from ear to ear. "We made it!" He said to Rachel, trailing behind with a bag in her mouth. She rolled her eyes and threw the bag at Aven's head.
Aven got hit SMACK in the head with the bag. "Hey!"
Rachel smiled and said, "We're not there yet you goof."
Aven would have blushed if he could. He just grinned sheepishly.
As they aproached the cave entrance they saw a lucain there. By the looks they were going into the caves too. Alone? That wasn't the smartest thing...
"Hello!" called Aven.

((ooc; couldn't think of anything else to kick it off with))

Aven 1 . 1 - Rachel 1 . 1
I pretty much went POOF ages ago, and left for a very long while....

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 61
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/19/2010 9:52 PM

Amethyst looked up at the voice that had greeted her. "H-hello there!" she said, jumping up to feet in a rather clumsy manner. She caught sight of two Kuhnas, one carrying a bag. "G'day, mates!" she called, trotting up to them. "Are you guys going into the cave as well?" Amethyst asked, tilting her head. "I'm here to either find one of those ripper Akail creatures, or find some neat-o fossils!" She grinned in a goofy fashion and waved her tails. "If I find an Akail, I'm gonna train it as my personal apprentice!"

(2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Grace » 03/19/2010 11:25 PM

"Yes, we are going into the caverns. My comrad here has been pestering me for weeks about it," sighed Rachel. She then went to go pick up the bag she'd thrown at Aven.
Aven looked at the lucain with awe and curiosity. "Wow... Having your own Akail aprentice... That would be pretty cool!" Aven grinned. His smile faded and his expression changed to worry, "Are you going in there alone? I've heard it's pretty dangerous in there..."
Rachel stretched and walked back to cave entrance.
Aven then smiled again, "Hey, maybe we could go together!"

Aven 1 . 2 - Rachel 1 . 2

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/21/2010 10:14 AM

(Sorry for the late reply~ D:)

"Well, I sure was planning to go in 'ere alone! 'Till you blokes came along," Amethyst said, flicking her tails happily. "But I think it'd be super fun to scout this cave with you two!" The Lucain grinned and followed the female Kuhna, who was already walking toward the cave entrance. "So what're you guys' names?"

(Sorry about her hard-to-understand Australian accent; it's part of her character. XD)

(3)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/21/2010 8:20 PM

(Naw, I can understand her just fine. And about the late reply; That's ok, don't worry 'bout it ^^)

Rachel sighed when she heard the Lucain talk about names. Then she flinched when she heard what Aven said next, "Cool! My name's Aven."
Names, Rachel was good with names, but her beliefs just told her to tell one your name was to give them power over you... She'd never really understood the concept of giving out your name freely to anyone you meet.
Aven quickly saw Rachel's reaction, "Oh, sorry. I forgot about that..." Turning to the lucain, he said, "Yeah.. my friend-" being careful not to mention her name "- she has this thing where she dosn't like names to be thrown around. It's some sort of cultural thing or something. I don't really understand it."
Rachel looked at the lucain, trying to guess what kind of creature they were. She then, unexpectedly said, "It's ok. But you can call me Jade for now."
"See what I mean?" Aven said, "She makes up nicknames and cover names for herself all the time."

Aven 1 . 3 - Rachel 1 . 3
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/21/2010 8:41 PM

Amethyst blinked curiously at the Arkuhna. "Awright, Jade an' Aven," she said smiling. "Let's go check out that cave!" The spastic purple Lucain cantered ahead, her sharp tools making an array of interesting sounds as they bounced around in her backpack. "Name's Amethyst, by th' way." She stood in the mouth of the cavern, staring into the deep, dark depths of the cave. "Oi, I thought 'ere'd be crystals!" she exclaimed, a bit disappointed. "Everything I've read 'bout this place's said somethin' 'bout crystals." She blinked slowly, staring down the dark cave; she could barely see a soft blue light emanating from a side tunnel that was farther down the path. "Guess 'ere'll be some crystals in a deeper part of th' cave," Amethyst murmured, opening her backpack and taking out her head light. Carefully she strapped it to her forehead (which was quite hard without opposable thumbs), and flipped the switch. "'Kay, I'm all set!"

(4)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/22/2010 1:06 AM

Aven grinned at the mention of crystals, "That'd be soo cool to find crystals... wow..."
Rachel moved deeper into the cave, "Come on. Get your head out of the clouds!"
"Oops, sorry, erm... Jade!" Aven quickly stuttered. He wasn't used to Rachel's new title. He then scampered into the cave to stand alongside Rachel.
He lept forwards and then looked back at the two females, "Well, what are you waiting for? Come on!" He grinned and started to move into the back of the cave.
With a sigh, Rachel followed.

Aven 1 . 4 - Rachel 1 . 4
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/25/2010 11:29 PM

(Urf. Late reply~ D: I'm bad about forgetting these things. XD If I forget to reply for more than 5 days, it'd be awesome if you could poke me via PM. >u<;)

Amethyst grinned and followed Aven into the cave, with Jade close behind. "Yeah, I got a friend who ventured into this 'ere cave sorta recently, and she said 'ere were tons o' crystals!" she said, the light on her helmet casting a golden glow on the cave walls. "Soon as I find a nice open spot, I'ma use my trusty metal detector and search for a few ripper artifacts!" she exclaimed in excitement. "I doubt there'll be many 'round 'ere, though."

(5) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/14/2010 3:02 AM

Aven looked at Amethyst's glowing helmet with curiosity.
"Why do you have one of those," he wondered aloud.
Rachel rolled her eyes, and before the lucain had a chance to reply, "Not everyone has you're... talent."
He looked at the ground with embarassment, "I wasn't thinking..."
"Well, obviously," Rachel grumbled, almost too low for him to hear.
Aven remained sulky and sad for all of three seconds before curisity got the better of him once again. He turned to the cavern and took a few steps before suddenly disappearing, "Ooof!"
Rachel moved closer to try ond see what happened, but before she could take a step, Aven's voice echoed at her. "Mind the drop. About three or four feet... It's flat down here... But be careful."
"Ok," Rachel said flatly. She was relieved deep down, she just didn't want it to show.

(Nowhere near as late as mine... oof..)

Aven 2 . 5 - Rachel 2 . 5

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/16/2010 9:34 AM

(No problem~ X3)

What talent are they babbling about...? the Purple Lucain wondered, eying both Kuhnas suspiciously. Amethyst winced as the Kuhna fell, forcing the question to the back of her mind. "You awright, mate?" she called, bounding over to the drop-off. Carefully she reached down with a forepaw to test the drop. She could easily touch the ground with her forepaw. Bunching up her hind legs, Amethyst flung her legs around so that she was standing on all fours, staring at the wall of rock that was the drop-off. "That wu'n too hard," she said, shaking a bit of dirt from her fur. She looked up at Rachel, grinning. "Let's start exploring a bit, shall we?"

(6)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 05/16/2010 7:56 PM

"'M fine," said Aven, with a small smile.
Rachel jumped down beside Aven, paws barely making any sound on the stone floor.
Aven stood up with a little difficulty, saying, "Ok... Let's get going Rr- uuh -Jade..."
As Aven started to say her real name, she shot a nasty glare wich made him immediately stop there.
She up the small bag aven was carrying. "Starting to get dark..."
A gentle breeze blew through the tunnel and Aven smiled, "Scared?"
Rachel concidered throwing the bag at him again, but she resisted. Instead, she shot him a nasty glare.
He just grinned at her.

Aven 2 . 6 - Rachel 2 . 6

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate